“Best Hotel in Cancun” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive

Save Saved
You added Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive to your Saves list
Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Boulevard Kukulcan Km. 12.5 Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #2 of 176 Hotels in Cancun
NewYork
“Best Hotel in Cancun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2009

My wife and I just returned from the Fiestamericana Grand Aqua Hotel in Cancun Mexico. We’ve been to Cancun 5 times and previously stayed at the Fiestamericana Grand Coral Beach (which we loved) but we decided to try the Aqua this time. So glad that we did. The Aqua is the coolest hotel in hot Cancun. The Aqua is a beautifully detailed modern hotel . It’s sleek, sophisticated, and beautiful.
Walking into the building is like walking into a beautiful spa. They manage to keep a spa like aroma in the air that meets you as you step in the door and follows you to your room. They do not play the typical Mexican music at the hotel. The hotel pipes beautiful contemporary spa like music within the hotel. It both excites and relaxes you at the same time.
The rooms are butifully modern and sleek with flat screen TV, dark wood trim and marble. The bed was beautiful and comfortable. The room also comes with a DVD player and IPOD doc with speakers so you can play your own movies and music. My wife and I brought our SADE concert DVD and played it one night (very romantic). The hotel provides an oil burner, oils and candles which you can light in the room to help set the mood. You can choose from a menu of scents (relax, romance, energize). They also set it up for you as part of the turn down service. When you return to your room in the evening it smells incredible.
The pools were also beautiful. 7 connected heated pools with different temperature settings and you feel them as you move from pool to pool. I though this would be strange in a tropical climate but I was wrong. When I put my foot in I did not get that cold shock that you normally feel. The temperature was set be perfectly comfortable as you step in. One of the pools was an infinity pool that seemed to spill out over into the ocean. We spent most of our time in that pool because of the beautiful view of the beach. The pools were surrounded by comfortable lounge chairs, umbrellas and cabanas (covered king sized beds). The cabanas must be reserved for the day at $100 (US). We rented one on our first day. The $100 included the cabana, a 20 minute foot massage, fruit, 2 large bottles of water with ice, tropical smoothie drinks and desert. The price seems steep but I enjoyed it and thought it was a nice experience worth the price. The rest of the week we used the lounge chairs which were also nice. My wife and I would get up early pick the best spot at the pool and then go for a walk on the beach. I think the people wondered how we always had the best spot. The hotel played very cool smooth acid jazz music by the pool day and night. Night time at the pool was magical. The pools were beautifully lit at night. The way they lit the pools made the water glow. My wife and I would go to the pool at night for a swim. Very few people were doing this so you almost had the pool all to yourself. The sound of the ocean, the cool breeze, the music and solitude were incredible. Did I mention that the pools were heated?
The food at Aqua was also incredible. The breakfast buffet was dangerous. Besides the usual breakfast goodies I had things like steak and lamb chops. We only ate there twice, anymore and I would have had to pay extra weight charge to fly back home (had to pay extra $25 for a 3rd bag – thanks Continental). We also ate at their signature restaurant “MB”. Iron Chef Michele Bernstein created the restaurant and menu for Aqua. If this restaurant was in NYC you would not be able to get a table there. The restaurant was stylish and beautiful and the food was delicious.
The SPA was also beautiful stylish. My wife and I enjoyed a couple’s massage. We tried all of the spas services, steam room, sauna, whirlpool tubs. Again very nice. I used the gym several days which was free. They had brand new modern equipment, treadmills with TV screens and IPOD connections.
The best part of this hotel was its people. All of the above would have been nothing without the wonderful people working at the hotel. I love going to Cancun mainly because of its people. They take great care of their guests . God bless Mexico and the Mexican people. To sum it all up WOW. I hope to return again one day to Cancun and stay at the Aqua .

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,523)
  • Korean first
nashville, tn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2009

We had been on Isla of Mujeres for 3 days and transfered from our horrible so called 5 star hotel to Aqua. The minute we arrived at Aqua my vacation truly began. The hotel smelled of ginger and orange was beautifully decorated and we were upgraded and given a cabanna for free. The cabanna was heaven, we got one overlooking ocean, I highly reccomend it because they first give you apples and water, then smoothies and brownies, but the best part was the foot massage!! nothing beats a great view, terrific weather and a foot message. After laying out all day I went to the spa, which was incredible. I have been to many spas all over and this one is second to none. Even though we were there for only 2 days I wish it was longer. The food was wonderful and we will be coming back again--- hopefully soon!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Morgantown, WV
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2009

LOcation right across the street from the mall was the best. Eight pools with 8 different temps was perfect. The room had wonderful pillows and the king size bed, well, nite-nite. The bathroom was really nice and a treat. Only thing I wished for... that the staff informed us more about everything the hotel had to offer. We were left to find internet services, places to eat and shops. So, if you have kids and teens this is the place to stay. I normally stay at the Sands and Coral Beach, this hotel was just as nice.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
New York City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2009

My wife and I just got married last month. We planned our honeymoon in Central America, starting in Cancun, ending in Honduras. The Aqua was our very first stop.

After all the stress and craziness of planing, decorating and producing our wedding ourselves for months, we were looking to be pampered a little. Upon first entering the hotel, you immediately become relaxed. The whole hotel is centered around a very calm, zen theme and it carries through everywhere. There is pleasant aromatherapy throughout the whole space. We were immediately greeted by a very friendly, polite and courteous staff who brought us herbal tea and familiarized us with the highlights of the hotel.

Our room was amazing. Beautiful ocean view, good size and very very clean. The hotel and rooms are very tastefully designed. At this point we hadn't eaten since breakfast so we thought we'd lounge by the pool and get some food there. So we did.

There are, I believe 8 pools at the Aqua. All of which were heated to bathtub temperature. They were absolutely perfect. The food that we got poolside was also very tasty. Sometimes hotel food can be bland and poor quality. We found the ingredients fresh, the presentation lovely (my wife is a chef btw).

I guess all the stupid swine flu hype by the media/govt. kept many tourists away this season because Cancun seemed eerily empty. It felt this way at the hotel, which was in a way, kinda nice because it felt almost a private hotel for us! The next day, we went to the spa which was amazing also! Again we were the only ones there at the time so it felt like a private spa day for us. There is an attendant in the spa who helps you with anything and brings you towels, etc named Gilberto. He was so nice and helpful and really made the experience top notch.

Across from the hotel is a very American style outdoor mall called La Isla. When we needed our coffee fix (5X/day) We would go here to get some. Now, there is a Starbucks there which if anyone who really appreciates good coffee will AVOID. If you go just a little more into the mall, there is a great MEXICAN coffee house called Ah Cacao. Their coffee is some of the best I have had and plus they make amazing chocolaty drinks with raw cacao which is their speciality. We went there so often that the staff knew us well and we didnt have to order because they knew what we liked! Ahhhhh sweet.

Now, we are the kind of people that HATE the idea of going to a different country and only staying at or by the hotel. Absolutely ridiculous notion. Thats what Las Vegas is for so there is no point going to Mexico if you just want to stay in the resort area (which is huge) built by Americans, for Americans. This was our first time in Mexico so we wanted to at least see a little culture. Though the hotel staff tried to gently persuade us not to go Downtown cause it was dirty etc, we were intent on going.

Downtown Cancun is only a 15 min bus ride from the hotel. The city busses are quick, cheap and efficient. We absolutely loved going downtown. Yes it was a bit dirty, sketchy in some parts, like any city, but its also charming, cute and authentic. now finally we felt like we were in a bit of Mexico. We walked around all day and just kept eating because the food was so good, every now and then stopping for a a beer. We would recommend at least visiting downtown Cancun. And, please learn at least a few words in Spanish.

Lastly, I will say that the staff at the Aqua are fantastic. They were the most helpful, polite, friendly people that I have ever met at a hotel and I would like to thank them again.

Overall, our stay at the Aqua was perfect. We were there for four days and very sad to leave. Most definitely we will come back in the future.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2009

Being very critical of hotels...after many years of managing full service properties, I was very particular in choosing our stay in Cancun....I had it narrowed down to Aqua, the Ritz Carlton and Me by Melia. We first ruled at Me just because many of the rooms did not have balconies. We later ruled out the Ritz, even though it had the best reviews of the three, because I thought the hotel didn't look like it belonged on the beach. So Aqua it was. I will start off with the negatives because they were so few and far between...First room we checked into was dirty, being in the industry I know its a common mistake, Willie the bellman took it opon himself to rectify the situation and a few minutes later we were escorted to a clean room ready for occupancy. Second, the interior corridors of the hotel were glass and marble tile, nothing to muffle the sounds from outside your room door. You could hear everything in your room. And lastly, which is not realy a bad thing for the hotel. Looking at other tripadvisor comments we thought the hotel was going to be rather vacant. Warning if travelling to Cancun for a more quieter experience...School in Mexico is on summer break from July 1ish to the beginning of September. Hotal was packed with families and kids. Now some highlites from the good, because there when so many. MB restaurant...amazing on of the top restaurant experiences I have ever had...try the Watermelon Salad and the Salmon Tartar! Service in the entire hotel was stellar, Four Seasons and Rosewood level! The employee to guest ratio was perfect, staffing was there when you needed them and they seemed to dissapear when you didn't. By lunch time of the second day most key personnel knew my name (and the fact that Diet Coke was my drink of choice)...KEY. Cleanliness was a priority and along with the theraputic scents througout the hotel a quite relaxing experience. The mall across the street was very convienent as well there is a 24 hour market as well which was perfect to grab a few snacks and sodas to avoid the over-priced mini bar. Spa was spacious and services were great...had a facial and a massage. Think I am running out of room...so to wrap it up...if you can't afford La Blanc...AQUA is the best non-all inclusive choice.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2009

We just returned from a week at the Aqua with our three children, eight, six, and four. For the most part we had a wonderful trip. Our suite was comfortable, spacious, and always spotless (the air conditioning was perfect, despite claims to the contrary by several other reviewers...public places were not highly air-conditioned though). I would also agree that the breakfast buffet is terrific and the range of choices is truly vast. The food in Azur (lunch), Siete and MB was quite good, but we were bascially alone at dinner on two nights. The many pools were a delight and the poolside service was both efficient and warm.
Two things however, caused us some discomfort. First, our travel agent arranged a package with a 25% discount on food and beverages, free breakfast for my wife and I, and a "kids eat free" promotion for our children. At first, the hotel insisted that we did not have a breakfast provided and it took a call to my travel agent in NJ to fix things. Our agent was able to provide a copy of an e-mail directly from the manager of the hotel guaranteeing the promotion. While the hotel finally agreed to all the promotions (to their credit they also sent a written apology note and a gift of aromatherapy) we had in our itinerary, almost every time we were presented our check we had to explain our promotions and the check had to be redone (sometimes sending it back more than once). Second, there is an internal sales staff that attempts to sell you a series of promotions under the cloak of the "Aqua Club". We were corraled several times by hotel employees that wanted us to listen to a 90 minute presentation (you get a free breakfast) about a number of deals within the hotel. Though all of this subsided during the second half of the visit, it took some of the edge of a truly relaxing and luxurious visit.
Still, we couldn't help like this hotel. It is, for the most part, serene and the staff is earnest. Yet, to be considered a truly first class luxury hotel, they need to be sure that their service is not compromised by a "hustling for money" style and they need to relieve the staff from their sales person responsibilities. I wish this hotel and its employees the best. Though I sit here at home writing this review, both relaxed and with fond memories of my visit, I am not sure I would choose the hotel again.

Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2009

We loved the ambiance of the hotel from the moment we stepped in . The hot seat at the lobby one of the reviews was talking about is meant to be hot because it gets heat from the sun that shines thru the roof . You can always move somewhere else .. we booked directly by calling the number on Aqua's site ... Dont go thru any travel agent ..
We stayed n the fifth floor which is the club level because you get continental breakfast and some finger foods in the evening ..this was nice . We also ate breakfast at Siete on one occasion it was very nice because it was a full buffet and we sat by the window facing the ocean .
make sure to look for the conciege book that shows u all the ammenities the hotel offers . We did not see that book till the last day of our stay .The balcony view seems to be a better view because it has a see thru glass versus the terrace which is bigger but is not see thru .
The service was great .. We went for the jungle tour where I actually drove a boat and went scuba diving . There is a big mall accross the hotel and we also went to another one called Kukulcan ,. we went to a Walmart too .. You can move around with the buses because the buses run 24 hours a day and its only 10 pesos . If you have Dollars you can change it at the hotel lobby too .
It was a very nive experience and I would def go back .

Ome more thing .. At the Cancu airport we were sucked into a sales thing ..we wound up paying $125 and we had to listen to a sales pitch from Cancun Palace the next day . It was a waste of time but we enjoyed seeing what another resort looked like . We also got a oneday pass into Cancun Palace ..which was worth it ..but i still preffered Aqua because Aqua is more classy anyway ..

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Been to Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive? Share your experiences!