“Royal 5 star treatment FANTASTIC” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive

You added Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive to your Saves list
Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Boulevard Kukulcan Km. 12.5 Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #2 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
maryland
“Royal 5 star treatment FANTASTIC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2009

We just returned after staying Feb 4th Feb 7th. "We experienced the most unbelievable hotel experience in our lives staying with the Aqua. We were treated like Royalty the moment of our arrival with hand massages, refreshing iced tea and lazing by the turquoise waters and water fall on a chase lounge while our check in procedure was carried out for us. And the Five star treatment continued throughout the entire stay. At anytime you were greeted and waited upon, it was personalized and they took the time to come back to you knowing your name. The Mayan traditions evolved over to their service, with traditional customs throughout the hotel and the staff service. The Ambience of aromatherapy throughout the hotel lobby including this personalized service extending to your room. You have the choice of essential oils if one aroma doesn't suit your liking you can pick another. The rented cabana service was to die and well worth the money and the Spa services impeccable and worth every penny. Our time was Very relaxing, we stayed 4 days and wished we didn't have to leave. My husband was on a business trip i was on vacation. The food service was fabulous, the drinks sumptuous and strong. The turquoise ocean and white sandy private beach was awe inspiring and life guard is posted while you relax or frolic. Many turquoise pools to swim in some heated, jacuzzi can't be missed either. Plenty of poolside lazy chairs, and many extremely comfortable cabanas located poolside and beachside. Came back very refreshed from this trip. 100% recommend this Spa retreat luxurious hotel, its away from the rifraff, it's calming and relaxing atmosphere is divine. If you like eating out you have Multiple fares to choose from off site that are accessible both walking distance or a short cab or bus ride. Malls are right opposite for your shopping fix. and many to choose from. Was not hassled at all by the time share sharks at all. Thoroughly a 5 star luxury experience. Wish we didn't have to leave. The hotel Aqua and staff are amicable to late check out and early check in. Just remember to reconfirm your transfers back to the airport 24 hours prior to departure. Enjoy!!! This was above and beyond our expectations. The staff performed above and beyond. The hotel is located on the long seven side, the best side, and believe me it was FANTASTIC!! and very relaxing no crowds at all and very few kids". Food all around at all restaurants including the room service was superb. FItness centre on site not to be missed, had great views while working out in comfort with towels and water at hand. Thoroughly immense yourself in this spa resort.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,554)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2009

I stayed here for business and this place is the nicest hotel I ever stayed in. The rooms were a little pricey but well worth it since all the rooms face the ocean. I have heard some say there is no beach. I have to dispute that since I stood on the beach myself. The staff was friendly. If you get a chance ask them if they will throw a mermaid into the pool. Well, ok it was some hapless staff member in a costume. :-) That actually happened one evening at dinner and the water was way too cold. Buurrrrr!!!! Anyway so you are close to Tulum if you like Mayan ruins but let me warn you they are ruined. No actually they are in remarkable shape for 500+ years old. Again this hotel is a masterpiece in my estimation. So if you are looking for a relaxing time I definitely recommend the Aqua Cancun. Oh forgot to mention the Spa is great. I am not big into massage but this one individual worked over my back like it "owed her money." :-) I was about an inch or two taller when I left. I also highly recommend the spa if you need further relaxation.

Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2009

My wife and I visited the Aqua Cancun for her birthday in early January 2009. The visit was for four days in a Deluxe Ocean View King room. This being our first visit to Cancun, I was not exactly sure what to expect from the area. However, my review will focus on the hotel only.

When we arrived at the hotel, we were taken with how beautiful the building was. The entrance is grand but modern, providing a lovely view of the ocean from the moment you walk in the doorway. The check in process is very well thought out; you sit on a couch while the attendant comes to you, not making you stand at a desk. While they review your reservation and check you in, you are given a wonderful iced tea to drink and a relaxing hand massage, both wonderful treats to get one in the relaxation mood.

Our room was on the sixth floor of the hotel. The hotel is shaped like a squared-off horseshoe, with the open end facing the ocean. It’s hard for me to imagine how any of the rooms could have a poor view. Ours was in the center of the side parallel to the beach, providing perfect ocean views. The room was large, with an understated elegance. The use of beautiful dark wood and luxurious textures made the modern theme very friendly. The floors were a beautiful stone tile and the bathroom was complete with a stunning walk in shower and soaking tub, the latter with a window looking through the bedroom and to the ocean. I found myself being reminded of the rooms I have had in several W Hotels, although less cold and more relaxing.

The service of the staff was superior on all levels, far above many other five-star hotels. From the room attendants to the restaurant staff, everyone went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable. The staff was knowledgeable about the area, quick to provide assistance, and always in a very good mood. On our first day, the waiter in the hotel restaurant told us that, while we were there, we were to consider this to be our home; the following day he reminded me of this and said I should behave as if I were in my own home. Small gestures like this make for a wonderful experience overall.

The food in the hotel was also excellent. We ate in the hotel for breakfast each morning, by the pool for lunch, and had room service one evening. The breakfast buffet was incredible in both quality and selection. We left feeling so well fed each day that lunch became a snack poolside. Speaking of which, I cannot recommend enough the nachos (with fresh guacamole) or the fried fish tacos (which may rank as the finest item I’ve ever eaten). Room service was good but far better options can be found in the local area.

The pool area is beautifully designed with seven different pool areas to choose from. The main pool deck has a great number of lounge chairs, allowing you to take in both the pool and the beach view. Service poolside is exceptional but never overbearing. There were also plenty of chairs to accommodate everyone with room to spare. One item of note is that, while the hotel keeps each pool set at a different temperature, they all are a bit on the cool side. My wife and I did brave the warmest of these on one afternoon, but even it was too cool for our taste. If swimming in a pool is your main interest, then be forewarned.

A visitor to Cancun should be aware that all of the hotels have lost a great deal of their beachfront to the hurricanes. It varies a great deal from hotel to hotel, so research accordingly. My wife and I walked the beach as far north and south as we could go until the erosion made the areas impassible. While the hotels farther up and down the beach (Marriott Grand Caribe and Ritz Carlton come to mind) have beachfront areas that are now very small, the Aqua still has about 20-30 yards of beach between the structure and the ocean. The water is beautiful no matter what part of the beach you are on.

Speaking of location, the hotel is just across the street from one of the main malls in Cancun, La Isla Cancun. Although geared towards tourists (and priced accordingly) it is very convenient for dining, souvenir shopping and for any small items you may need. (I must also plug the restaurant Thai here as a trip to Cancun may not be complete without a visit there.) Going beyond La Isla is an easy task also as Cancun was designed with the walking tourist in mind. Sidewalks are wide and well lit, plus the local bus system is easy to use even for a novice. Aqua is nicely located in the middle of the hotel zone, making access easy to points north and south.

I highly and most strongly recommend this hotel to those looking for a relaxing, luxurious time on the beach. The experience is beyond five-star and Aqua easily rates as the finest hotel or resort I have visited to date.

• Liked — Absolute and undiluted luxury
  • Disliked — Pools could have been warmer
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2009

Very nice resort. Every bit of a 5 star resort and then some. It was so beautiful. There is not much beach left after Hurricane Wilma came through a few years ago. We really enjoyed our stay and the staff was amazing! Can't say enough about this resort!

• Liked — Everything! The view is amazing
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
NJ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2009

We stayed there from 11/25 to 12/2 with 2 small kids. The hotel was nice overall but we went for the pools and the water was "freezing." Everyone lied about how the heating device was broken from the pool side staff to the customer service manager. The concierge was the only who admitted that due to low occupancy, the pools were to be left unheated. They finally heated the "adult" pool and sent all the kids there so of course some adults complained. Then they heated another smaller pool. Wow, all of the sudden some pools did get warmer!!

But, having one tiny pool for 7 days wasn't going to cut it for my kids. After some "nasty" negotiations (which they continued to claim broken heating device and refused to heat other pools), they finally agreed to shuttle us daily to the Grand Coral. Oh, by the way, that service manager also lied how pools there were not heated but when we called the hotel directly, we were told otherwise.

I bet if you were to call ahead of staying there, they'd tell you the pools would be heated but just wait!

It was an overall bad and sleazy experience dealing with this hotel. We were surprised at the lack of integrity and pride for a hotel of this category. What a shame!

• Stayed November 2008
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Boston, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2009

This was our first time in Cancun and we picked AQUA, which made the entire stay so worth it. The hotel is just EXCELLENT. It seems it was originally built 3-4 years ago and then was destroyed by a hurricane a couple of years ago, but boy they have rebuild the place and the current building is only a year old... the hotel does feel like brand new in terms of construction and freshness of rooms ... The staff, esp. the concierge & the travel agent on-site are SO GOOD. The restaurants are also pretty good, we personally liked AZUR. AQUA is so conveniently location right in front of the LA ISLA Mall and the Kuklukum Mall, both shopping hot-spots. It is 3 Kms from the party area ex: Coco Bongo and Dady O's etc, which is easily accessible by the local bus. We had a Terrace Room which was nice as we could sit and relax in our terrace and enjoy the sun while enjoying the ocean view. Just note that plots right next 2 AQUA on both both sides are under construction, which did not bother us at all as we did not hear anything. The beach in AQUA is great and has all sorts of cabanas and beach chairs. Overall, I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND Aqua to anyone and will probably go back on my next trip to Cancun.

• Liked — Ambience, location and the staff
  • Disliked — Wireless Internet is pay-per-use, even it the Computer Center".
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
BLACKSBURG, VA 24060
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2008

We loved this hotel. The place is beautiful and quality throughout. Even other hotel employees from different places raved about the Aqua when we informed them we would be staying there. The pool area is very unique and lovely. Hotel employees are very curteous and efficient. We'll definently go back again. Thumbs up on this one!

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive? Share your experiences!