“Relax and Eat Well!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive

You added Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive to your Saves list
Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Boulevard Kukulcan Km. 12.5 Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #2 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
San Diego, Texas
“Relax and Eat Well!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay here!

Pros: This is definitely the best food and drinks that we have had at an all-inclusive hotel. We really did not have a bad meal and the food was really impressive. Another plus is that the service is much more personal than at most all-inclusive hotels. The staff really catered to us and we got to know several of them through our stay. It is not a "mega hotel" so it has a more personal feel. There were always plenty chairs by the pool, never a wait at restaurants (and you don't even have to make reservations at the restaurants in advance which was SO nice and different from other all inclusive hotels). The environment is also very relaxing. The lobby has aromatherapy burners everywhere so it always smells good, and they even give you a burner in your room and you can request an aromatherapy scent. So cool! The wireless internet is free and works well. We had a basic room (no upgrade) and it was nothing over the top but comfortable and what we needed. The bed was really nice (plenty of pillows which I love!), it was clean, the mini fridge is well stocked, the shower/bath had nice hot water, and the AC was always cold! We had a "garden view" which is really a "parking lot" view but at least had a tiny view of the water!

Also want to give a shout out to Ruby who manages activities, to Panchito, Javier and Vanessa at the sushi bar, to Paola and Roberto at the AKA bar, and to Alejandro and Saul at the pool bar. All of them went out of their way to make sure we had a great time! There were a few others that we can't remember their names, but we never had one rude or unpleasant staff member.

Cons: This is ALMOST an "Excellent" rating" but there were just some things a little off. A lot of the fountains were not working or not even filled, and didn't seem to have anyone working on them. It just made it feel somewhat strange with so many amazing experiences but really large fountains (like one in the center of the hotel lobby) not working at all. Although the beach and pools are great, the facility itself does not have a "wow" factor, especially from the lobby area. There is even a nice big balcony off of the lobby that is basically unused and empty. Even though the drinks were great, they don't have drink menus, which I always think is an easy way to give you ideas for new things to try. One of the major downsides of this hotel is NO nightlife. This is the only all inclusive I have been to with no nightly shows or things to do. They say that the focus is on relaxing and not entertainment. But people get bored (others we talked to felt the same way) and they should do more to vary it up even if they don't want to have major shows like most hotels. The only thing they did all week was a casino night which was fine but pretty small. There is a lounge bar that is open late but it's pretty chill and was kind of boring the nights we were here. So overall, very quiet at night and gets kind of boring. We found ourselves going to bed by 10 because there really wasn't anything else to do (they do offer to take you to nightclubs but we didn't want something that extreme...just some fun at the hotel). Also one thing that was odd was they had a big conference with a reception right at the main pool starting around 5 one evening. They brought out DJ, lights, etc. - everyone at the pool got excited thinking they were doing a party for us - but quickly the pool area was overcrowded with business folks for the conference trying to have a professional event mixed with people drinking at the pool. Eventually the staff even started kicking people OUT of the pool. It was really odd at the main pool, not a side area, and was not at all relaxing or appropriate to have an event like that in the middle of a nice evening where guests are enjoying the sunset especially for a hotel that has almost no entertainment because they say they want it to be relaxing. One other odd thing is that when we tried to get suggestions from the concierge for what to do in the area, he tried to sell us on the hotel's timeshare presentation (in a very annoying way, felt like it was his only goal and he reall didn't care about what we wanted to do) and was not at ALL helpful. We had to look online to get suggestions for what to do because the concierge was not willing to do this.

All in all, a great trip - nice for relaxing, no kids so it is great for couples/adults, quiet environment, great food, personal experience. But if you want excitement, entertainment, party - definitely not going to get that here, so just be aware of that.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Alfredo S, General Manager at Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
I sincerely appreciate your feedback regarding your stay. All guest's reviews allows us the opportunity to improve our services and facilities and we readily welcome both positive and constructive comments. I assure you that there is nothing more important for us as comfort and satisfaction of every person who gives us an honor of being our guest, as part of the group or individual travelers.

Regarding the group in house at the moment of your stay, you as the rest of our guests, are very important no matter what is the business source and we care for you as well as for them, they had a programed event which we had to respect taking care that the music and ambient was not loud enough to disturb the rest of our guests.

Thank you for mentioning the positive sides of your vacation with us and the services that made your stay more comfortable. It will be an honor to be your hosts in the future and change your previous unfavorable impression. I remain at your service if you require any assistance in the future.

Alfredo Santamaria

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,576)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Flower Mound, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

My husband and I just returned from 5 days at Live Aqua, we stayed in an ocean view room on the 4th floor. This was our second trip to Cancun, last visit we stayed at Excellence Playa Mujeres which we loved, so we had high hopes for this trip.

Positives
Beach - water and sand were perfect! Much clearer water than at Playa, we saw the bluest fish swimming around us when we visited the beach early in the morning. Beach was never crowded, you could always find a chair.

Food - We loved the international buffet and the Italian restaurant. The first night, we ate at the Hidden Garden, the Asian location - it was NOT GOOD! The service was great, however the food was awful. We left after eating a few bites and hit the Sushi Station which was very tasty and quick! The pool-side dining options were great, everyday they had BBQ, fajitas and sides available just a few feet from your lounge chair.

Room - The room location had a great view, housekeeping was fantastic and they had turndown service each night.

Location - We walked to the mall a couple of times, it was just a couple of minutes to walk to either mall on the main road. My husband and I also ran on the main road each morning and although it was humid it was great to see more of the area.

Service - The service from the waitstaff was good, even pool side we were asked at least twice an hour if we needed drinks or food.

Negatives
Pushy Sales Pitch - I paid full-price for a vacation, right after check-in you're ambushed by the hotel sales staff to go on a "tour" of other Hilton properties to buy into their vacation club. They act like they are "concierge" staff, but they aren't. I might expect this if I'd gotten a free vacation to hear a timeshare pitch, but I didn't. This did not set a good tone with us at the very start of our experience.

Guest Mix - The first 3 nights of our stay were fantastic, then a convention rolled into Live Aqua. This is a strange mix of guests, a professional pharmaceutical/medical conference began and it changed the atmosphere of the hotel. On the first day of the conference, the pool furniture began being picked up around 3 pm to set up for a convention party that was being held poolside. We were having dinner outside that night and all we could hear was the convention activities,the games they were playing at the reception along with them talking over their PA system. I know that conventions bring a lot of revenue into a hotel, but I don't think the other guests experience should change to cater to the convention attendees.

Service - We had a couple of service issues during our stay, for the most part all service staff was amazing but there were a few exceptions. On our last day, we were laying out at the pool when the umbrella over our chairs collapsed. Luckily, it didn't hit either of us but a member of the cabana staff said it couldn't be repaired and he'd bring us a new one. We never saw him again, it was difficult to find another shaded seat so we left the pool area. Lastly, gratuity. We provided our waitstaff with tips but at times they asked for it before the service had ended. I've never had this at any other all-inclusive and was shocked to see this behavior.

Smell - Directly outside of the hotel, near the guard stand is the most awful raw sewage smell you can imagine. When we walked to the mall or went for a jog it was overwhelming until you passed the property. The fragrance pots inside need to be placed outside for a bit or something!

Pests - The final night, we dined outside at the Italian restaurant. Right after our meal I saw something run across the wood floor....a mouse! I understand it's outdoor dining but that was a bit surprising to see!

I would likely return to LA in the future but would weigh it heavily against Excellence. Our room there was better but the beach and food at LA rank over the Excellence property.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
I appreciate your valuable review of your experience at our resort. Every feedback we receive is very valuable for us as it is our most reliable source to locate areas we have to work at, in order to meet our guests’ expectations. Let me assure you that all the points you discussed in your review are taken into consideration and will be used to bring our services to the level where we can meet and even exceed every expectation of our highly appreciated guests.

Thank you for adding very generous remarks of the positive sides of your vacation with us and mentioning the services that made your stay more comfortable. I remain at your service if there is ever anything I can do for you in the future.

Coral Springs, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

Me and my husband just returned from a 3 night 4 day stay at this hotel. The grounds are just breath taking the pools were nice and warm, the beach was just gorgeous. The rooms were also very nice and clean we booked a garden view room which had a partial ocean view which was fine with us. When it comes to food and drinks it was just ok we werent impressed with the food but we are not food snobs so it was ok. Breakfast there is only buffet they have different stations and they will make any kind of eggs you desire i just wish they had a different restaurant for breakfast that you could order from a menu because it does get a little boring. For dinner we ate at the italian restaurant, at AZUR and the garden restaurant. They were all beautiful service did take long but it did not bother me alot it did bother my husband a little when he wanted drinks and sometimes it did take forever or they would forget but oh well we are on vacation. All the restaurants were very nice but we didnt have anything especial and i guess the chef that used to work there that people talked about so much no longer works there since february. We did not get to experience the nicer restaurant which was called MB because our friends who went he did not want to wear pants on vacation so he didnt bring any but i heard from other guests that we made friends with that it was pretty good. Now back to the drinks i read reviews before we went to make sure that they served some type of american beer and Captain Morgan which thats what my husband loves to drink maybe i read old reviews and didnt pay attention but they no longer had coors light or any type of american beer there was only two canned mexican beers and when that was gone there was only tap beer; now they did have captain morgan but it did not taste or smelled like that stuff we buy here in the USA when we looked at the bottle it had spanish writing on it so maybe it was produced in mexico who knows. They did have different flavored absolut vodka and grey goose. We been to cancun before and stayed at Excellence playa mujeres and they did make special drinks in coconuts or pineapples but this resort had no special drinks which kind of sucked and also i have to say that most drinks were a hit or a miss. The bar inside at night time sometimes would serve the drinks in plastic cups which for a 5 star hotel it kind of sucks but no big deal we either asked them to put on a glass or we would just drink it. Overall i think it was a beautiful gorgeous hotel and the service was not bad at all but i dont think we would go back because there was nothing special about the drinks or the food but if you have booked this hotel there is no way you are going to have a bad time!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
I was deeply sorry to read that you were so dissatisfied with the quality on our restaurants. One of our main objectives is the satisfaction of our guests with the quality on the food and the drinks. We appreciate your constructive criticism as this is our source for growth and perfection, our Food and Beverages manager and our Executive Chef have received your feedback; I can assure that we are constantly working on improvements that will allow us to meet and even exceed the expectations of our guests.

Thank you for adding very generous remarks of the positive sides of your vacation with us and mentioning the services that made your stay more comfortable. If there is anything I can do for you in the future, please let me know.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

Great hotel with excellent beach. Food was good in all restaurants. Very attentive restaurant staff especially chef Juvier in Siete restaurant. He made us feel really special. Food and drinks were available round the clock whether you were in your room or on the beach. Housekeeping comes in 3 times per day so for me (a towel freak)I had fresh towels whenever I needed it. The hotel is walking distance to an outdoor mall. There is very little nightly entertainment though. That's the only negative I can think of but it is supposed to be a relaxing Zen type of hotel.

Room Tip: Best view of the beach room 9017. You will be on the highest level with a center view of the beach a...
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

This is my second review of Live Aqua. My husband and I returned for our honeymoon for 7 days from August 16th-23rd. Our trip was different from our first time, the crowd seems different and there seems to be a lot more people which is good for the hotel!

We arrived early and couldn't check in right away but we were escorted to the fifth floor club room where Selene helped us because we reserved an Aqua Suite. We received hand massages, delicious cold tea, and a run down of what the hotel had to offer. We were early and wanted to utilize the hotel as soon as possible so we paid an additional $50.00 per person to receive our wrist bands early.

The suite on the 6th floor wasn't available as we requested; there was a lot of painting going on in some of the rooms and so they gave us a suite on the 3rd floor. It was the exact same layout and it was still more room than we could've asked for.

As usual, the hotel is still perfect. They added new restaurants that weren't available last year so I was excited to try them but regardless of which restaurants we went to, we still always ended back at the buffet, Siete. We met our new friend Jonathan Juarez Rodriguez. He is an excellent server/multi-talented extraordinaire! Jonathan went above and beyond to fulfill our requests and really went out of his way!! He made us drinks and even personalized our last desert for our last night there. I can't say it enough, if the hotel doesn't snag Jonathan up for a better position, they will be losing out on a GREAT employee! He was excellent in his service and also providing entertaining stories and many laughs!

There was a lot more seaweed on the beach this year and I didn't recall seeing so much last year as the beach was so clean. But regardless, we still enjoyed our time on the beach and it was incredibly convenient to have our daily cabanas. I want to give a huge shout out to our server, Jaime! He worked hard and in the heat, sometimes he would forget us but he ALWAYS came back with what we requested. Better late than never! But regardless, he always offered us the best service!

The daily foot massages that come with the cabanas came with 20 minute foot massages and I ALWAYS requested Martha. I promise, you will not be disappointed. Martha is so sweet and I tried to book a massage with her at the spa, the day before we left but they said she wasn't available. :(
Next time Martha!

Santiago at the bar by Siete...he is a phenomenal bartender! He pulled through on our requests and made drinks on what we felt like drinking.

Our visit this time was much more focused on socializing with the staff because we were there for so long, we felt like we lived there! Jaime always came to our cabana ready with our preferred drinks before we even needed to order them!

It would appear that Live Aqua has added some night time entertainment for those who always complained about the lack of it. So good job for those of you who want to party. Not so good if you need to get up for an early flight the next morning. Regardless...the music DOES stop by 11pm. It's a win-win for everyone.

I just want to make a note: this isn't a party hotel. There was a large group of girls that came to the hotel the night before we left and brought adult toys with them to the pool...needless to say, it made everyone else at the pool feel awkward and even more awkward to watch. To each their own but if you plan to travel for a "girls trip"/"boys trip", please be mindful of other guests and remember that this hotel isn't the typical Cancun party hotel. We will be back to visit Live Aqua!! Thank you so much for making our honeymoon absolutely perfect!

Room Tip: We got an Aqua Suite again this time and it was worth it for the daily free cabana and 20 minute foo...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your wonderful review and for taking the time to share your experience with us. It’s truly rewarding to know that your honeymoon was wonderful and that you were pleased with our food options, the facilities and especially the excellent service provided by our staff. Comments like yours, with details on what made your stay so memorable and names of every team member who made every effort to ensure that you wouldn’t want to leave our hotel, are always welcome with great enthusiasm by every staff member, as it is our inspiration for success and new achievements.

Thank you again for your wonderful review, our entire team is looking forward to welcome you back to your home away from home, ready to make every effort to provide you with another pleasurable experience.

Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

This is my first trip to Cancun, and my son scheduled the trip and picked LiveAqua, he was highly recommended and I always trusted what he decided. When we checked in hotel and standing for room key at the sametime we got a cool ice tea served from hotel crews, it made us feel so glad for this hospitality, and the following days with smiling services with every crews, it made me feel they treat every guest as their vip. Although I was unfortunately got fractured caused by wave by beach on 1st day, and I got immediate assistance by the lifeguards and crews and sent me to hospital emergency without delay, and I felt so impressed of their service especially I was so thankful of this arrangement by Eliud Santibanez, Guest Service Manager. The hotel located at convenient shopping area and hotel schedule daily activites; like watch baby tortoises, play beach volleyball, bbq beside pools and offer quality restaurants' meals, we will definitely come back in the near future. Thanks Eliud again on our unforgettable trip! See you soon!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Alfredo S, General Manager at Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful review and for taking the time to share your experience with us, it was a pleasure meeting you. It’s truly rewarding to know that your stay with us was wonderful and that you were pleased with our food options, the facilities and specially the excellent service provided by our staff, despite the unfortunate accident that you had at the beginning of your stay.

Comments like yours, with details on what made your stay so memorable are always welcome with great enthusiasm by every staff member, as it is our inspiration for success and new achievements.

It will be an honor to have you as our guests again and make every effort to exceed your expectations. Please feel free to contact us for any assistance in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

My girlfriend and I decided on this resort because of all the good reviews we read on TripAdvisor.This resort did not disappoint. The staff were friendly and all knew enough English to hold a decent conversation in English.The bathroom has a bath tub with a separate shower. The room has a small fridge which is stocked daily with 3 different types of beer, some cans of soda, water and some snacks. There is also coffee. The room has 24 hour room service which is included in the price.
There are 7 different places to eat and they are all good. There is a sushi bar on the ground level and the sushi there is pretty good. The sushi bar is run by Javier and Vanessa, great people, and they make great sushi. Don't forget to stop by and see them.
On the ground floor also is restaurant Siete. This is my favorite spot on the resort for breakfast and dinner. That's because its buffet style, the selection is vast and the food is always so good.
In the morning I'll stop by Chef Rafael Desagunos to have one of his awesome hand crafted egg omelets. I also want to mention my server Louis, great guy. I could mention many more names because the staff here are so friendly. They make the experience great because of the good service.

The beach is beautiful. The water is blue and clear, the waves are fun. When the beach wore us out we went to relax by the pool. The pictures of the pool does not do it justice, you need to see it in person, awesome. Also when you're by the pool or down by the beach, the staff constantly comes to you taking orders for drinks then taking it to you.

For night life the resort has shuttles that can take you downtown to party at one of the night clubs. We went downtown but took a bus for 10 pesos, about 75 cents. It's safe to walk around in Cancun, even at 2 am

If you're going to Cancun, this is the place to visit.

Room Tip: You can get a garden view room or a beach view room for $40 extra per night. I took a garden vie roo...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor readers, it’s always nice to know we have met your expectations with the quality of the food, our great location and specially the great service provided by our staff.

We really appreciate your review and recommendations, we all are looking forward to this special honor of welcoming you back to Live Aqua Cancun.

Alfredo Santamaría

Been to Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive? Share your experiences!