We really enjoyed our stay here!
Pros: This is definitely the best food and drinks that we have had at an all-inclusive hotel. We really did not have a bad meal and the food was really impressive. Another plus is that the service is much more personal than at most all-inclusive hotels. The staff really catered to us and we got to know several of them through our stay. It is not a "mega hotel" so it has a more personal feel. There were always plenty chairs by the pool, never a wait at restaurants (and you don't even have to make reservations at the restaurants in advance which was SO nice and different from other all inclusive hotels). The environment is also very relaxing. The lobby has aromatherapy burners everywhere so it always smells good, and they even give you a burner in your room and you can request an aromatherapy scent. So cool! The wireless internet is free and works well. We had a basic room (no upgrade) and it was nothing over the top but comfortable and what we needed. The bed was really nice (plenty of pillows which I love!), it was clean, the mini fridge is well stocked, the shower/bath had nice hot water, and the AC was always cold! We had a "garden view" which is really a "parking lot" view but at least had a tiny view of the water!
Also want to give a shout out to Ruby who manages activities, to Panchito, Javier and Vanessa at the sushi bar, to Paola and Roberto at the AKA bar, and to Alejandro and Saul at the pool bar. All of them went out of their way to make sure we had a great time! There were a few others that we can't remember their names, but we never had one rude or unpleasant staff member.
Cons: This is ALMOST an "Excellent" rating" but there were just some things a little off. A lot of the fountains were not working or not even filled, and didn't seem to have anyone working on them. It just made it feel somewhat strange with so many amazing experiences but really large fountains (like one in the center of the hotel lobby) not working at all. Although the beach and pools are great, the facility itself does not have a "wow" factor, especially from the lobby area. There is even a nice big balcony off of the lobby that is basically unused and empty. Even though the drinks were great, they don't have drink menus, which I always think is an easy way to give you ideas for new things to try. One of the major downsides of this hotel is NO nightlife. This is the only all inclusive I have been to with no nightly shows or things to do. They say that the focus is on relaxing and not entertainment. But people get bored (others we talked to felt the same way) and they should do more to vary it up even if they don't want to have major shows like most hotels. The only thing they did all week was a casino night which was fine but pretty small. There is a lounge bar that is open late but it's pretty chill and was kind of boring the nights we were here. So overall, very quiet at night and gets kind of boring. We found ourselves going to bed by 10 because there really wasn't anything else to do (they do offer to take you to nightclubs but we didn't want something that extreme...just some fun at the hotel). Also one thing that was odd was they had a big conference with a reception right at the main pool starting around 5 one evening. They brought out DJ, lights, etc. - everyone at the pool got excited thinking they were doing a party for us - but quickly the pool area was overcrowded with business folks for the conference trying to have a professional event mixed with people drinking at the pool. Eventually the staff even started kicking people OUT of the pool. It was really odd at the main pool, not a side area, and was not at all relaxing or appropriate to have an event like that in the middle of a nice evening where guests are enjoying the sunset especially for a hotel that has almost no entertainment because they say they want it to be relaxing. One other odd thing is that when we tried to get suggestions from the concierge for what to do in the area, he tried to sell us on the hotel's timeshare presentation (in a very annoying way, felt like it was his only goal and he reall didn't care about what we wanted to do) and was not at ALL helpful. We had to look online to get suggestions for what to do because the concierge was not willing to do this.
All in all, a great trip - nice for relaxing, no kids so it is great for couples/adults, quiet environment, great food, personal experience. But if you want excitement, entertainment, party - definitely not going to get that here, so just be aware of that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Live Aqua Cancun, a welcoming place, where being is the first part of feeling. Your senses work together. It's a prism of colors, eclectic rhythms, and seductive details. Enjoy the fusion of idyllic days and energizing nights. It is a monument to your arrival to this Cancun Spa Resort. This sophisticated beachfront resort lies along white sand beaches, across the street from La Isla Shopping Mall and walking distance from some of the best restaurants and shopping malls in the city. Exotic drinks, barefoot luxury and activities overlooking the resort's 8 infiniti pools are just part of the exquisite details within our All Inclusive concept. Music worships you at every step, with changes in rhythms that match the emotions you feel and the space around you. The sound is never the same, but always relaxing, exciting and harmonic. Arriving, leaving, just belonging makes you sigh with peace. The Aqua aroma seeps into every nook and cranny up to the sky, down to the sea. Return to yourself. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive Hotel Cancun
- Cancun Aqua Hotel
- Aqua Hotel Cancun
- Fiesta Americana Grand Aqua