“Not To Best Missed - The Best!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive

You added Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive to your Saves list
Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Boulevard Kukulcan Km. 12.5 Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #2 of 179 Hotels in Cancun
San Marcos, California
“Not To Best Missed - The Best!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

My husband and I just returned from a spectacular 7-day vacation during the last week of July at Live Aqua all-inclusive resort in Cancun. We have traveled a great deal in the U.S. and in Europe and Live Aqua is truly a five start resort in every sense of the word. Believe me, everything is included with the exception of a few minor things such as cabana rentals, however we never felt like we missed anything since there were plenty of lounge chairs and umbrellas at both the beach and he pool. The spa is extra as well, but I expected that and purchased a relaxing massage which was reasonably priced too. All in all, I cannot say enough good things about the resort’s pristine, sanctuary-like atmosphere, beautiful pools and beach, to the immaculate rooms, staff’s high level of customer service, and high-quality, gourmet cuisine in the various restaurants. The pictures on the website and description of the amenities and all that is included attracted us but the resort exceeded our expectations in every sense of the word. We entered the lobby, were escorted immediately for check in. The resort is simply beautiful and organic with luscious gardens, indoor fountains with live floating flowers and eucalyptus aroma piped through the facility. We both received a welcome hand massage as we went through the check in process which was very swift. I highly recommend spending a few dollars more a day and book a room on the 5th floor which includes exclusive access to the Aqua Club. It is a large private lounge with comfortable sofas and chairs overlooking the ocean. The club includes continental breakfast, gourmet snacks, appetizers and premium drinks, tea, coffee, you name it. Rooms on the 5th floor have direct access and I cannot tell you how nice it was to stop for a snack or cocktail (much quicker than going downstairs to the bar). Arriving at Club Aqua, we were checked in by our concierge Fernanda who is extremely knowledgeable and friendly. She truly made our evening visits to the club worthwhile and she, along with Daniel the Club bartender and they are one of the main reasons why we would return. Fernanda answered all of our questions and helped us with anything we needed.

The fitness center is large with modern equipment, and I worked out every day. Fernando, the fitness trainer was available if guests needed assistance and I enlisted his help with core and weight training. He was very professional and pleasant.

There are seven restaurants to choose from, a brunch buffet that truly is to die for, as well as a la carte Thai, Italian, beach type/ceviche bar, sushi, seafood/continental and daily barbeque at the pool, etc. 24-hour room service is included and it comes in less than 30-minutes. We indulged a few times and the food was excellent. Our compliments to Carlos, manager at Siete and his team of chefs including Javier, Arturo, and Joaquin for preparing several wonderful native Mexican seafood and lamb/beef dishes for us…fine dining at its best. Chef Francisco prepared a wonderful seafood dish for us at Azure. We appreciate Fernando, our daily morning breakfast waiter who always made us feel special. He was attentive to our needs and even remembered my favorite coffee concoction. He made us feel like we had a home away from home along with the warm hostess Aerial. Luis made us feel welcome serving us our first meal at Siete after we had just arrived. He made a great first impression. Also, we appreciate the excellent service that Fernando and Marisol provided during our daily visits to the Sea Corner (seafood beach and ceviche bar).

Drinks were available from any of the various bars from early morning to late in the evening. Premium drinks would be mixed/provided as requested.
Chairs and services were available on both the beach and the around the pool with staff having both areas ready at 6:00AM.

With 600 Staff for 370 rooms there was never anything at miss. Finally, check out, taxi and all, was a snap with Nancy and Ineky’s assistance in the Aqua Club. This resort is not to be missed, robes, slippers, turn down service, and a button on the telephone that says “your wish-my wish.” Need I say more? We would return in a minute. Our only regret was that we were not able to stay longer.

Regards, Clem and Kelly from California

Room Tip: Pick ocean front - Aqua Club Access (has balcony)
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,764)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Bellevue, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

I will start off by saying that I have been back for a week and a half and I cannot wait to return. Everything at Live Aqua was top notch. Everything.

We booked through Soutwest Airlines Vacations, and soon after booking I emailed Nancy in the Aqua Club and inquired about an upgrade. She answered quickly and secured an upgrade at that time. The Hotel was pretty full when we stayed but it did not seem crowded or full anywhere. My room was a Viento Suite, which was a very nice room. We had a comfortable bed, living area, fridge, large bathroom, jacuzzi tub, and huge shower with multiple jets. We also had a double balcony with views that I am really missing. It was a very nice room. Temp was fine by us.

Service in the room was awesome too. We had rose petals one night, along with champagne, chocolate covered strawberries, and a drawn bath. Candles were lit along the floor leading to the tub and the bed. Very romantic. Another night we had a beautiful rice design on the bed. The room was always made up quickly, and turned down in the evening. Just one facet of the terrific service we received here.

The beach and pools were wonderful as well. We preferred the beach to the pool, and a huge benefit of the suite upgrade was the cabana. It was a nice feeling knowing exactly where you would be lounging when you got up in the morning. No need to stress about finding a chair or an umbrella. When I return, I will upgrade to a suite just for this benefit. We spent every day in the cabana on the beach, that is when we weren't in the water. I highly recommend a suite for the cabana alone.

Food was fantastic, as was service in all of the restaurants. Our favorite restaurant was Azur, but followed closely by mb. They were both very good, and service was impeccable. I tip for exceptional service, even at All inclusive resorts. Tips were appreciated by the staff.

Everyone at the resort was friendly, helpful, and genuinely happy to assist in any way. We cannot wait to return, and would be there right now if possible. I have been to many other all inclusives, Sandals, Beaches, and no place compares with Live Aqua. Do yourself a favor and book it and go. You will not regret it.

Room Tip: Suites are worth the extra money in my opinion, Aqua Club was nice, with a good selection of snacks...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Alfredo S, General Manager at Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Thank you very much for such a generous and detailed review. I am delighted to read your comments and learn that you have been impressed with our restaurants and especially with our service. I’m very proud of our friendly and efficient staff, so it is fantastic to hear they were able to assist you in making your stay as enjoyable as possible.

Thank you for your recommendations, we will be looking forward to your next visit to Live Aqua Cancun, do not hesitate to contact us for any assistance in the future.

Warmest regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

best customer service hands down. stayed on the fifth floor on the Aqua Club...Big thank you to Fernanda & Dany aka cappuccino man, and to the best lifeguards Jose & Fidel. Also big shout out to the best waiter in the world Animal. You all made our experience wonderful. Heather and Anissa

• Stayed June 2014
Saint Charles, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Great place. We got a fantastic deal, and were still wowed.

The pool was great (not overrun by 20-somethings drunk - we are 20 somethings by the way). The beach was very well kept.

It is a spa type all-inclusive so be prepared from the moment you step in to be somewhat overwhelmed by the aroma smell.

The possible only other 'negative' would be the lack of activities provided.

If you can go, go!

Room Tip: Be sure to ask to be placed NOT by the huge A/C units.
The Woodlands, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

We stayed at Live Aqua for a short weekend. The Hotel is perfect.

The staff is very attentive to your needs. At arrival our room as not ready and we have to wait 15 minutes, while we wait we got free hand massages and an iced tea was served.
We paid extra for an ocean view terrace (about 10' X 16') that was nice place to take beer looking to the stars.

The pools are wonderful, and I recommend the pool with the wet bar on the far right side of the hotel. There is a shade area, nice bar and a foot on the sand very nice snack bar just few steps down - and the most important - is the only pool with music, not loud music.

The hotel uses different aromas in every room and place. It is very stimulating and you have an aroma menu for your room - from relax to romance.

We tried all restaurants and we loved the "Secret Garden" and "Arzul". The restaurant that requires to wear pants had a long wait - about 3 hours since you get in until you get out. It does not value the wait, the food is just good.

Bar service was top, with top brands as JW Black, Don Julio etc. Just remember to ask what you want, otherwise they use the regular local brands . . .

Only concern was for the beer - XX only, I missed Corona, Modelo and other good Mexican beers.

Tip: Pool chair, bed and Umbrelas: Wake up early, before breakfast and reserve your spot as they fill up very fast. After that you keep it for the day.

Best spot to do nothing: The infinity board pool overlooking the emerald sea . . .

Room Tip: All rooms have ocean view (partial or full). I paid for a large terrace, but if you do not want to p...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share this helpful review. We're happy to hear we exceeded your expectations and we were able to provide a fantastic stay for you. We strive to distinguish our service by giving importance to little details and anticipation of our guests’ needs and desires and it's wonderful to know that it made your vacation a truly unique experience. I am sure that your feedback will serve as an encouragement to our team as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

We are looking forward to welcome you back on many future occasions, which we will be happy to make very special for you.

Warmest regards,

Steelville, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

This was our 5th trip to an all inclusive, we had a great time and the resort was very fancy. The food was great, 24 hours room service was awesome, and the beach was perfect. Our room was also very nice.

Because I have been to 5 all inclusives, I am learning the features of the resorts that I prefer. Live Aqua didnt have any evening shows, or daily resort poolside activities, I enjoy these. I felt like it was missing the Latin flare that the other resorts have.

This place felt like a huge spa with all the ambience and aromas throughout the resort. If you are looking to party this resort isnt for you. Although people were creating there own party, the resort doesnt do much to create the party atmosphere, seemed to focus more on relaxation.

The pool water was probably close to 90 degrees or so, definitely much warmer than I prefer. I enjoyed eating various things at the resort that I cant get back home, I had octopus at the seaside resturaunt, but I would have like easier access to quick poolside meals, burgers, chicken strips, fries, etc. just a quick pick-me-up. Food is very important to me.

I have never had a bad experience at any of the resorts I have been to. Live Aqua had excellent service and very nice facilities, but I do prefer a little more embracing of the Mexican culture at Mexican resorts.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

My wife and I just returned from a 6-day stay at Live Aqua. We had a great time. We have stayed at numerous all-inclusive resorts in Mexico, Jamaica, the Dominican Republic, and St. Lucia. Live Aqua was easily the nicest resort we have visited. Our room on the 6th floor was amazing, with a full view of the ocean. We spent all of our days at the resort. We really enjoyed the pool area. The Infinity Pool near Azur was unbelievable. We had great service in this area thanks to David. He was extremely attentive and personable and interacting with him was one of the highlights of our stay! The food at Live Aqua was on another level from all of the resorts we've experienced. Breakfast at Siete (the cinnamon-sugar French toast, smoothies), the food at poolside (nachos, quesadillas, the daily offerings on the grill), and the dinner at MB (Habanero soup) stood out. The overall atmosphere throughout is well done - the constant aromas, the soft music, the water displays in the lobby, the waterfall thing just outside the terrace on the back of the hotel, the wide seaweed-free beach and pristine blue ocean water. We met several couples while there that really made our stay fun. Only negatives - had to get up early to reserve chairs/umbrellas near pool, food in Hidden Garden was just average, sunblock in giftshop was pricey. We will return to Live Aqua in the future.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better. Our room was on the 6th floor in the middle of the hotel. The vie...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Alfredo S, General Manager at Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Thank you very much for sharing your review, we do try to take every opportunity to satisfy our guests needs and desires in order to make every vacation memorable and free of stress. I’m very proud of our friendly and efficient staff , so it is fantastic to hear they were able to assist you in making your stay as enjoyable as possible. We really appreciate your constructive criticism and suggestions shared with us, it’s importance is priceless in an effort to provide comfort and relaxing moments to our guests.

Thank you again for your valuable review and recommendations, please feel free to contact us for any assistance in the future.

Warm Greetings,

Alfredo Santamaría

Been to Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive? Share your experiences!