“Perfection!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive

You added Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive to your Saves list
Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Boulevard Kukulcan Km. 12.5 Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #2 of 179 Hotels in Cancun
Austin, Texas
“Perfection!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

If you've ever stayed at an "all inclusive" resort ANYWHERE, I'm sure you've experienced what I have. Bad food, cheesy entertainment, loud drunks...etc. It is with great pleasure that I can say that there IS a spot that delivers...and LIVE AQUA is it. From the moment you walk into the light, airy and modern decor, you will immediately get the feeling that you are in a retreat. The staff was amazing. For 10 days, every single employee we passed greeted us with a smile. You felt welcome and appreciated. The rooms were well maintained and included a stocked mini bar. Every day held a surprise. Either in the room, or spelled out in the sand on the beach. It was magical! The wide variety of restaurants and bars made sure that you never got bored. And the food was really, REALLY good! A TIP...ask your server to have the Chef make you something OFF the menu. Their chefs are top notch and love to show off their prowess in the kitchen. We had lobster, sea bass, filet mignon, shrimp...the list goes on. There's a great little fish taco restaurant on the ocean for ceviche, guacamole and ice cold beer. Great for lunch! So many bars, pools and chairs on the beach that you will never feel crowded. Even when the resort is at full capacity. Great mall across the street with everything a shopaholic could desire. Casino 20 minutes down the road. I'm in love with this resort and will be back soon. Thank you to everyone at LIVE AQUA for one of the best vacations ever.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Alfredo S, General Manager at Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Thank you very much for taking your time and sharing with us such a positive review of the time you spent with us. I am very pleased to learn from your comments that you were pleased with our restaurants and especially with our staff.

We appreciate your review and recommendations, we are looking forward to your next visit to Live Aqua Cancun.

Alfredo Santamaría

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,758)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

I started getting antsy for this years vacation weeks in advance and started reading all of the reviews on TripAdvisor about Live Aqua which set my expectations very high in advance...and I must say that I was VERY IMPRESSED with this property and the staff!

Despite a slight wait upon check-in (that we could have avoided if not willing to wait for the top floor ocean view room), and one problem with a lengthy wait for a 6-person table for dinner, everything was top notch! The food was especially good across the board but it takes a day or so to determine the lay of the land. There is a good buffet style restaurant that I would only recommend for breakfast as their are better choices for lunch and dinner. And then for lunch, I would recommend Azure and the Pasta/Wood-oven fired pizza restaurants (especially the grouper sandwich at Azure which I and my travel companions became very fond of as a daily special). For dinner, MB, Hidden Garden, and the up-charge Inlaakech Lobster & Grill are the very finest in dining options! I'm a foodie and a pretty critical guy...trust me on this...Chef Eric and the entire Live Aqua staff know what they are doing when it comes to cuisine! I might pass on the Sushi Bar...but could rave on and on about just about every other bite of food that I had along with 5-star service. Splurge one night and let them grill you a steak and lobster tail after enjoying every other item on the menu through family style multi-course servings...you'll explode in delight!

You do have to get up early in the morning if you do not pay the extra to reserve a bed...but I found no hassle in reserving the same 3 beds and chairs for our party of 6 at the pool with the swim up bar. Throw some towels and a hat or suntan lotion on a spot, and then go about your morning routine until ready to return. You'll be assured to find your spot reserved and look for Luis, truly a delight to get to know and he'll make you feel like royal family. Tip him well...you can bet he'll earn it and then some! Great pools, best spot of beach on the strip, great workout facility, directly across the street from a nice mall where you can kill time if an afternoon shower beckons a break from the sun, nice, nice, nice! See there again in the last week of January 2015!

Room Tip: I don't think the 5th floor concierge room would be worth it from walk-through but sure the suit...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Alfredo S, General Manager at Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Thank you very much for such a generous and detailed review. I am delighted to read your comments and learn that you have been impressed with the quality of our food, our restaurants and especially with our service. I’m very proud of our friendly and efficient staff, so it is fantastic to hear they were able to assist you in making your stay as enjoyable as possible.

We will be looking forward to your next visit to Live Aqua Cancun, do not hesitate to contact us for any assistance in the future.

Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

I really loved my stay at this hotel, it was very relaxing. They give you a hand massage after check in. Even though the hotel was full you still receive great service. We were there during New Years Eve and they had a great party at the beach. The pool is great and the view is amazing (we got the room with the ocean view) If you have the time Don't miss the spa it is great

I don't usually write bad things on my reviews but this is something I have to say because I don't think was right and I felt they ripped me off. When you arrive after your hand massage they invite you to go to a presentation for "Vacation Club" supposed to be 90 min. We went because we take at least 3 vacations a year and wanted to see what they had to offer. The guy that invites you when you arrive at hotel told us we could get 2 massages for the price of one if we went. The day of our appointment he called our room and told us we had to bring the $120 cash to him in order to get the offer. We received a voucher for the 2 massages after our presentation. I asked about the money to the lady that gave us the vouchers and she said that was your deal with him. I still to this day think he took the money for himself, he did not give us a receipt and he did not give the money to anyone at hotel. I did not want to report it because I did not want him to loose his job, but it was very uncomfortable.

Room Tip: Get one in a high floor if you can.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

We just stayed at this resort last week for a four-day trip and had a great time. We've stayed in the Cancun area before, but not in the hotel zone because we were leery about this area being too "touristy." Thankfully, we never felt overwhelmed by tourists, especially at Live Aqua. In fact, we kept wondering where the people were at the resort even though we were told that the hotel was at full occupancy. This is definitely a resort you would go to to have a nice, relaxing time unwinding next to the pools and not one where you would expect to see the party-hardy vacationers. As an adults only resort, it was really nice to get away from kids running around everywhere. The resort is ideally located from the airport, just a 20 minute taxi ride away.

The highlight of our trip was definitely the variety and quality of the food at the numerous restaurants - all led by Chef Eric. We were fortunate enough to be invited by Chef Eric to be his guests at the MB restaurant one night. (BTW, if you see him, make it a point to say hi to him as he's very approachable and an nteresting person.) At that dinner, Chef Eric prepared an exceptional meal for us and made it a point to stop our table by several times to explain the servings and make sure we were enjoying the evening. It felt like we were at an exquisite food tasting. Chef Eric also surprised us when we returned to our room after dinner by making sure that there was a bottle of champagne and chocolate strawberries. What a classy move! Thanks again Chef Eric.

Room Tip: We stayed in an Aqua Suite. It was really nice and frankly, too big since we never really used the...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
I would like to express my gratitude for the time you have taken to share this review and the valuable comments you’ve provided in it. I have no doubts that your review will be of a great help for many travelers while making their decision to visit Live Aqua Cancun. Thank you for the warm words regarding our team, service, food and general relaxing atmosphere, which we try to provide to our guests.

We are looking forward to welcome you back on many future occasions, which we will be happy to make very special for you.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

Live Aqua was one of the best resorts I have been to. It was very relaxing and all the rooms have ocean views. The aromatherapy in the rooms and throughout the hotel was an added bonus. The staff was very friendly and did everything they could to help you. The food was good, however, I wish they had more traditional Mexican food available. All in all it was a great time.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

Recently spent 4 nights at Live Aqua Cancun for a girls getaway. The standout quality of this all-inclusive resort was definitely the service! "Let me take care of that for you" seemed to be the motto of the entire staff. The rooms were nice - beautiful bathrooms, comfortable beds and always kept very clean. I would definitely recommend reserving a room with a view of the beautiful beach - enjoying a cup of coffee on the balcony watching the waves roll in was definitely a morning highlight (room service included). The food was decent - a few outstanding meals and some that were just ok, but never a bad one (Hidden Garden was probably our favorite).

The downsides? While the pools were absolutely gorgeous, they were just too cool to spend much time in. (Keep in mind the air temps when we were there were only mid-high 70's - may not be in issue when weather is warmer.) Along the same theme, there was only one hot tub - which was in high demand and quite crowded most of the time. Also, we found that the design of the hallways (window walls/marble floors) did make them pretty noisy/lot of echoes - especially at night. Overall however, this was a great hotel with fabulous service - would definitely recommend.

Additionally, we booked our trip with Mitch at TripGuy -- he was great! He had first hand knowledge about many properties throughout the Caribbean and was key to helping us figure out a location and property that would work for our group. He also worked closely with the Live Aqua staff to ensure that we would be well taken care of.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for sharing your review, it’s great to know that Live Aqua Cancun has met your expectations in different ways, such as service, restaurants and the quality of the food. We do try to take every opportunity to satisfy our guests needs and desires in order to make every vacation memorable and free of stress. I’m very proud of our friendly and efficient staff, so it is fantastic to hear they were able to assist you in making your stay as enjoyable as possible.

We will be looking forward to your next visit, please do not hesitate to contact us for any assistance in the future.

Hartsdale, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

This is our 8th time to Live Aqua. Our 22nd in Cancun! Everyone there does an amazing job in making your trip magical! Especially love the sushi restaurant with Vanessa and Esteban...adore Alex the amazing chef at the Hidden Garden restaurant...like being in Thailand! Love the Francisco chefs and Janziel at the Azur restaurant. Eric and Eduardo do such a fantastic job taking care of all the terrific restaurants. Lourdes in the pizza restaurant is so wonderful as the head chef...pizza to die from! The thinnest crust ever...the pear,brie, gargonzola not to be missed and Fernando at MB rocks it! Love the girls in Sieta restaurant Karla and Gabriele...and Ricardo with his amazing heuvos...and David and Octavio...Catherine and Lorena...and especially our good friend Edgar at Concierge...we love Guadalupe at the AKA bar...and Enrico makes the best margarita at Eco's bar...Miguel and Marisol at the Taco restaurant on the beach are so darling...our best lunches are there! Love Carlos and Ricardo at the coffee bar...so many special treats made with such love...thank God there's great swimming and beach walking...the most beautiful beach ever...Koko always gets some fun activity going...love the amenities...the soaps are unreal!...love every attention to detail! If you want a pampered...restful...relaxing.. hotel with great food and peeps...here's you dream vacation

Room Tip: go for the ocean view
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your preference to Live Aqua Cancun, it is always a pleasure to welcome back our dear guests and have an opportunity to make every next stay even more enjoyable then the previous one. We strive to distinguish our service by giving importance to little details and anticipation of our guests’ needs and desires and it's wonderful to know that it made your vacation a truly unique experience.

We are looking forward to welcome you back and make every effort to exceed your expectations on your next stay.

Alfredo Santamaría

Been to Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive? Share your experiences!