“Very relaxing, great service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive

You added Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive to your Saves list
Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Boulevard Kukulcan Km. 12.5 Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Freehold, New Jersey
“Very relaxing, great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

My wife and I got VIP service from the moment we arrived. She has trouble walking, so they completed our check-in while we sat in cushioned chairs in the lobby and sipped cold drinks. The entire facility is beautiful and very well kept. The pools are absolutely fantastic (especially the infinity pool) plus there is a beautiful beach. Service is outstanding and the staff is very friendly. Waiters and waitresses come by every few minutes while you are in the pool and ask you if you would like a drink. There are several restaurants and all are free except one that had an additional charge. Food was good, but I have had better. Best was the breakfast buffet which had a very large selection, plus they had 2 chefs making fresh omelets / eggs and 1 chef making fresh Mexican specialties. The only disappointment was the evening activities. They are limited and not well advertised.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,587)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
usa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

just came back, hotel is beautiful, but for the price there are much better hotels.
pros- beautiful hotel, clean.
CONS- service is awful, the staff did not know i spoke spanish. so many times i heard them calling other tourist lazy foreigners, making fun of women, when I told the manager,then complained to the general manager, no resolution occurred. They just moved the staff around, so sad, they forget we keep them in business. women be careful the waiters will stare you down. I had to rescue a couple arguing with a waiter/server who took a picture of a guest wife sleeping. management even argued saying it was true we both witnessed it.
finally, unless you tip well expect poor service.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

Friends we were traveling with choose this property and assured us it was going to be wonderful so I did not do any research myself and was wary... but I must say I was not expecting it to be as awesome as it was !
The aromatherapy essential oils that fill the lobby when you first walk in lets you know that you are in for a experience. Check in was easy and we were greeted with a welcome chilled tea and cold cloth. I didn't get the welcome hand massage that busy afternoon but the next day when we were exchanging money they sat me down to a wonder hydrating hand massage. The staff if centered on services and with every 'thank you' you give them you receive a " it is my pleasure' with sincerity.
The rooms are clean and well kept, the large soaking tub and full size toiletries products are awesome. Every night with turn down service they bring you their signature blended essential oils and fill the diffuser so when you return the room is inviting with the spa channel on and bed turned down. There are other 'surprises' you will experience but I will leave that to be just that, wonderful surprises!!
We booked on expedia that had a 'free upgrade' and we printed that voucher and presented it at check out. They upgraded us to a 7th floor, center hotel ocean front room! The balcony over looks that beautiful aqua blue ocean and the wonderful breeze and sound of crashing waves lulled me to sleep every night! Our friends didn't have the upgrade coupon but were able to pay and additional $30USD/night to upgrade. If you already booked an ocean front room you can pay an additional fee and upgrade to a suite ( then have access to the Aqua club, free cabana rental every day which is normally $80USD a day and comes with a 20 minfoot massage).
The food was better than expected and several meals were fantastic! The breakfast buffet is by far the best I have ever had. Fresh egg station for omelets and a fresh fruit smoothie and juicing station as well as a made to order taco station. Lots of healthy fresh choices! Or order the Big Foot and sit back and have their specialty breakfast dish brought to you! Lunch is an easy choice for wood fired pizza and pasta at Varenna restaurant by the pool ( my fav) or the fresh seafood at the Sea Corner, or order from the pool side menu, or a sit down dinning experience with Azur or the themed buffet.
Drinks are premium top shelf ( but wine selection will be limited to a Chilean white wine or 2 reds. They 'up charge' for a bottle of any other wine starting at $40USD as well as for Sake in the Hidden Garden restaurant) I was never without an option to have a drink in hand. The pool and beach services is unsurpassed. There is beer , pop, bottled water and mineral water and a couple snack in the mini bar in your room and it is restocked daily. I love that they also brink a large bottle to use with the coffee pot ever day as well.
There are only 2 bars later in the evening and although AKA bar can get going later in the evening and the bar tenders will show their mixing skills, it is small and this is not a 'party' hotel. The AKA bar is a great night cap stop to grab a flaming Mexican coffee or just watch them make them. The MB restaurant gets busy later but if you are there at opening you get right in, but if you have to wait enjoy the fantastic sushi served across the hall as an appetizer with a cocktail. The recently added Hidden Garden Asian flare restaurant is such a beautiful place truly 'hidden' inside the mangroves. The food still needs to be perfected here but the services and experience is still worth a visit. Siete has a theme buffet at lunch and for dinner an Italian buffet as well as Mexican specialties a la carte in the evening. Our server mixed the absolutely BEST Mexican coffee I have ever had after dinner our last night! As well when I was talking with a server at lunch about me being a foodie he told me he wants my party to come to the Azur that night and he will have Chef Fransisco prepare an very special meal for us. He made reservations for us and INDEED they prepared a very special 4 course meal for us that was the best meal of the week! The chef came out to meet us and it was a truly great experience! We spoke to some people who paid the 'up charge' to dine at the Nlaa'kech Lobster & grill shared they did'nt feel it was worth the $60 USD up charge. They need to ask if they can be Chef's VIP's in Azure. They won't be disappointed.
I LOVE all the pools, shallow for sun soaking, deep cool one to plunge,party pool with swim up bar, and the infinity pool to look out over that beautiful ocean! You will need to grab a towel and scout you favorite spot early but there are several option with different pools and the great set ups on the beach! Very little disruptions from people selling things and a 'swing' bar to sit and swing a while to get a fun drink. But don't worry, if you just wanna lay there someone will be by to bring you one!
We did spend a morning at the Spa (I will give a separate review on) but I will say the wet room is small and the attendant followed me around and was not relaxing. I would not pay the $26USD day charge for just its use. The $200 couples massage was great but we had equally good ones in town for $39.
~Overall this property is amazing and is the perfect place for a romantic get away where you want to feel pampered and I will be back!!

Room Tip: To avoid that wind whistle from the suction in the hall, place a towel at the bottom of the door, in...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Manhattan Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

Just came back from 5 days at Live Aqua. What a great trip! What impressed me the most was the phenomenal staff. All you had to do was tell them what you liked and they made is happen. Specifically in the main dining area, Ismael, Javier and Amadon were amazing. On our last night they created a wonderful dining experience just for me and my friends. They took the time to not only serve us, but get to know us and what we liked. Roberto the bartender was lots of fun and created our drinks to our liking. Would go back in a heartbeat with a large group or alone.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

We booked at the last minute Dec. 5 through 8th. Our kids are teenagers and this was our first time traveling without them so the adults only feature was huge. First I have to mention Meli! She was poolside at the swim up bar and was awesome. She made sure to keep us topped off all the time. Everything was perfect. The food was great. My favorite was Siete breakfast. Every place was great though. The portions are small but I loved that because we were able to order multiple things and try all kinds of great food. I did not have one bad experience. The staff is great and friendly. I lost my iphone 5 charger on the way and called the front desk to see if they could help and they had another one for me to use within 5 minutes. What an experience. We will definitely be back and I recommend this to all. The mall across from the resort is cool as well. Almost forgot, we tipped about $2 for every round of drinks. It definitely was not expected and I did not see folks doing this as often as us but......keep in mind that these folks make like $20 a day in salary.

Room Tip: Higher beach view is good enough.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Santa Clarita, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

We stayed at the Live Aqua for 8 days this past August with our friends. I have to say The Live Aqua was a fantastic hotel! The food at the MB and the Inlaa'keh Lobster & Grill were both impressive. The in room dining and I must call it that instead of "room service" was top notch. The spa services were very relaxing, the staff was attentive, and we had a wonderful time.

The only items we found disappointing were that we were there for our wedding anniversary, my husband and I called in advance, but it wasn't acknowledged in anyway. It would have been nice if paying the additional cost for the Aqua Club would have offered reservations at the restaurants. We had to wait about 1 1/2 hours for dinner one night at the MB. By the time we got into the restaurant, it seemed as though the staff was shorthanded and tired. Though the food was fabulous the 1st night, after our long wait the 3rd night, when the food was finally served it was lacking in taste and was served cold. For the size of the hotel 1 pool table was not enough to accommodate the number of guests. It would have been nice to have been able to play pool while waiting for our table, but just sitting around felt as if it took forever.

I also have to point out that when we all checked in at the Aqua Club, though there were at least 7 women standing around that looked like they worked at the spa, none of us were offered the hand massage that was described as included while checking in at the Aqua Club, and we were the only couples in the Aqua Club at that time.

We are returning to Cancun in January 2014 and tried to get a discounted rate for returning to the hotel within 6-months, but we were only offered the same price we could find online, which was disappointing. We are paying more, but we have decided to try the Sun Palace for our next trip in January.

Happy Traveling!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Lewisville, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

Just getting around writing a review from our Nov 23-27 2013 stay, and just wanted thank GERMANN for taking care of us pool side. He was very friendly and we never had an empty drink in ours hands. Amazing hotel and not too crowded. If you're looking for a nightly party and people dancing on table, this is Hotel is not for you. If you want a relaxing time with your friends or loved ones, exactly what we wanted, Live Aqua delivered beyond expectations.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive? Share your experiences!