“Queen for a week!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive

You added Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive to your Saves list
Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Boulevard Kukulcan Km. 12.5 Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #2 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Washington
“Queen for a week!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

Friends we were traveling with choose this property and assured us it was going to be wonderful so I did not do any research myself and was wary... but I must say I was not expecting it to be as awesome as it was !
The aromatherapy essential oils that fill the lobby when you first walk in lets you know that you are in for a experience. Check in was easy and we were greeted with a welcome chilled tea and cold cloth. I didn't get the welcome hand massage that busy afternoon but the next day when we were exchanging money they sat me down to a wonder hydrating hand massage. The staff if centered on services and with every 'thank you' you give them you receive a " it is my pleasure' with sincerity.
The rooms are clean and well kept, the large soaking tub and full size toiletries products are awesome. Every night with turn down service they bring you their signature blended essential oils and fill the diffuser so when you return the room is inviting with the spa channel on and bed turned down. There are other 'surprises' you will experience but I will leave that to be just that, wonderful surprises!!
We booked on expedia that had a 'free upgrade' and we printed that voucher and presented it at check out. They upgraded us to a 7th floor, center hotel ocean front room! The balcony over looks that beautiful aqua blue ocean and the wonderful breeze and sound of crashing waves lulled me to sleep every night! Our friends didn't have the upgrade coupon but were able to pay and additional $30USD/night to upgrade. If you already booked an ocean front room you can pay an additional fee and upgrade to a suite ( then have access to the Aqua club, free cabana rental every day which is normally $80USD a day and comes with a 20 minfoot massage).
The food was better than expected and several meals were fantastic! The breakfast buffet is by far the best I have ever had. Fresh egg station for omelets and a fresh fruit smoothie and juicing station as well as a made to order taco station. Lots of healthy fresh choices! Or order the Big Foot and sit back and have their specialty breakfast dish brought to you! Lunch is an easy choice for wood fired pizza and pasta at Varenna restaurant by the pool ( my fav) or the fresh seafood at the Sea Corner, or order from the pool side menu, or a sit down dinning experience with Azur or the themed buffet.
Drinks are premium top shelf ( but wine selection will be limited to a Chilean white wine or 2 reds. They 'up charge' for a bottle of any other wine starting at $40USD as well as for Sake in the Hidden Garden restaurant) I was never without an option to have a drink in hand. The pool and beach services is unsurpassed. There is beer , pop, bottled water and mineral water and a couple snack in the mini bar in your room and it is restocked daily. I love that they also brink a large bottle to use with the coffee pot ever day as well.
There are only 2 bars later in the evening and although AKA bar can get going later in the evening and the bar tenders will show their mixing skills, it is small and this is not a 'party' hotel. The AKA bar is a great night cap stop to grab a flaming Mexican coffee or just watch them make them. The MB restaurant gets busy later but if you are there at opening you get right in, but if you have to wait enjoy the fantastic sushi served across the hall as an appetizer with a cocktail. The recently added Hidden Garden Asian flare restaurant is such a beautiful place truly 'hidden' inside the mangroves. The food still needs to be perfected here but the services and experience is still worth a visit. Siete has a theme buffet at lunch and for dinner an Italian buffet as well as Mexican specialties a la carte in the evening. Our server mixed the absolutely BEST Mexican coffee I have ever had after dinner our last night! As well when I was talking with a server at lunch about me being a foodie he told me he wants my party to come to the Azur that night and he will have Chef Fransisco prepare an very special meal for us. He made reservations for us and INDEED they prepared a very special 4 course meal for us that was the best meal of the week! The chef came out to meet us and it was a truly great experience! We spoke to some people who paid the 'up charge' to dine at the Nlaa'kech Lobster & grill shared they did'nt feel it was worth the $60 USD up charge. They need to ask if they can be Chef's VIP's in Azure. They won't be disappointed.
I LOVE all the pools, shallow for sun soaking, deep cool one to plunge,party pool with swim up bar, and the infinity pool to look out over that beautiful ocean! You will need to grab a towel and scout you favorite spot early but there are several option with different pools and the great set ups on the beach! Very little disruptions from people selling things and a 'swing' bar to sit and swing a while to get a fun drink. But don't worry, if you just wanna lay there someone will be by to bring you one!
We did spend a morning at the Spa (I will give a separate review on) but I will say the wet room is small and the attendant followed me around and was not relaxing. I would not pay the $26USD day charge for just its use. The $200 couples massage was great but we had equally good ones in town for $39.
~Overall this property is amazing and is the perfect place for a romantic get away where you want to feel pampered and I will be back!!

Room Tip: To avoid that wind whistle from the suction in the hall, place a towel at the bottom of the door, in...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,581)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Manhattan Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

Just came back from 5 days at Live Aqua. What a great trip! What impressed me the most was the phenomenal staff. All you had to do was tell them what you liked and they made is happen. Specifically in the main dining area, Ismael, Javier and Amadon were amazing. On our last night they created a wonderful dining experience just for me and my friends. They took the time to not only serve us, but get to know us and what we liked. Roberto the bartender was lots of fun and created our drinks to our liking. Would go back in a heartbeat with a large group or alone.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

We booked at the last minute Dec. 5 through 8th. Our kids are teenagers and this was our first time traveling without them so the adults only feature was huge. First I have to mention Meli! She was poolside at the swim up bar and was awesome. She made sure to keep us topped off all the time. Everything was perfect. The food was great. My favorite was Siete breakfast. Every place was great though. The portions are small but I loved that because we were able to order multiple things and try all kinds of great food. I did not have one bad experience. The staff is great and friendly. I lost my iphone 5 charger on the way and called the front desk to see if they could help and they had another one for me to use within 5 minutes. What an experience. We will definitely be back and I recommend this to all. The mall across from the resort is cool as well. Almost forgot, we tipped about $2 for every round of drinks. It definitely was not expected and I did not see folks doing this as often as us but......keep in mind that these folks make like $20 a day in salary.

Room Tip: Higher beach view is good enough.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Santa Clarita, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

We stayed at the Live Aqua for 8 days this past August with our friends. I have to say The Live Aqua was a fantastic hotel! The food at the MB and the Inlaa'keh Lobster & Grill were both impressive. The in room dining and I must call it that instead of "room service" was top notch. The spa services were very relaxing, the staff was attentive, and we had a wonderful time.

The only items we found disappointing were that we were there for our wedding anniversary, my husband and I called in advance, but it wasn't acknowledged in anyway. It would have been nice if paying the additional cost for the Aqua Club would have offered reservations at the restaurants. We had to wait about 1 1/2 hours for dinner one night at the MB. By the time we got into the restaurant, it seemed as though the staff was shorthanded and tired. Though the food was fabulous the 1st night, after our long wait the 3rd night, when the food was finally served it was lacking in taste and was served cold. For the size of the hotel 1 pool table was not enough to accommodate the number of guests. It would have been nice to have been able to play pool while waiting for our table, but just sitting around felt as if it took forever.

I also have to point out that when we all checked in at the Aqua Club, though there were at least 7 women standing around that looked like they worked at the spa, none of us were offered the hand massage that was described as included while checking in at the Aqua Club, and we were the only couples in the Aqua Club at that time.

We are returning to Cancun in January 2014 and tried to get a discounted rate for returning to the hotel within 6-months, but we were only offered the same price we could find online, which was disappointing. We are paying more, but we have decided to try the Sun Palace for our next trip in January.

Happy Traveling!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Lewisville, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

Just getting around writing a review from our Nov 23-27 2013 stay, and just wanted thank GERMANN for taking care of us pool side. He was very friendly and we never had an empty drink in ours hands. Amazing hotel and not too crowded. If you're looking for a nightly party and people dancing on table, this is Hotel is not for you. If you want a relaxing time with your friends or loved ones, exactly what we wanted, Live Aqua delivered beyond expectations.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
West Des Moines, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Live Aqua Cancun Dec 6-10, 2013 to celebrate our wedding anniversary. First impression when we arrived was "wow". We were greeted outside and had our luggage taken inside, then led to the front desk for check in. The aromatherapy in the lobby smelled divine. The ocean view, sound of the water features and peaceful decor were welcome to the senses after a long journey. Unfortunately, what happened next turned into the low light of our visit. There was no line so we thought check in would be a breeze. But for some reason it took almost 20 minutes (what WAS he typing on that computer?), then we were told our room wasn't ready, and it would be at least 2 hours. We went to have lunch and explore while we waited, dressed in our warm winter clothes, as we had traveled down from the cold north that morning. A couple hours later, tired and hot, we checked back and were told our room still wasn't ready, but they would bring our luggage to us if we wanted to change clothes in the rest room. Sorry, we aren't hobos and dragging our luggage into a public restroom to change clothes isn't my idea of a 5 star vacation. I understand that we arrived early, but by check in time, one expects their room to be available. However we still had to wait another 45 minutes after that.

Finally our room was ready and our vacation truly started. We had a king partial ocean view, which really was a full ocean view. The view was outstanding, and the materials of the room and bathroom were top notch - marble floors throughout, glass shower, separate tub, dark wood entertainment/dresser unit, luxurious sheeting, extremely functional closet with a safe that had an outlet for your phone in it. However, here comes the "not quite perfect" part. As nice as the materials were, if you looked closely, everything seemed to be put together or maintained in a haphazard way. There was grout all over the marble base boards that had never been wiped off, dings and dents on nearly every drywall corner in the joint, the P button for the pool level in the elevator was missing for the whole visit, banged up walls in need of touch up paint, sloppy caulking, and so on and so forth.

Other than somewhat slow drink service on the beach and a waiter at MB who didn't know the preparations of the dishes, the service at the resort is top notch. Room service is delivered promptly in 30 minutes, the bartenders are pleasant and attentive and everyone is extremely friendly. The resort was not full and there were no lines anywhere during our stay. The staff surprised my husband and I with a happy anniversary message spelled out on our bed with red rice one night, and rose petals another night, which made us feel special. Having unlimited room service and minibar service in the room was also truly a luxury.

The pools were lovely and very pleasant to spend time there during the daytime, especially the swim up pool bar tucked away from all of the other pools. The beach was not crowded at all and we found beach lounges always to be available. The poolside bar at Azure was a great place to hang out before dinner, and had a South Beach lounge feel.

The food at the restaurants was mostly delicious, especially the ceviche at Azur and Sea Corner, pizza and pasta in the little outdoor place by the pool. However the buffet food at Siete was consistently cold, as if they had put out pre-made food without heating it up first. Our first meal at MB was okay, but nothing to write home about. Dinner at Azur was lovely, and the beachfront view and sea breezes didn't hurt! Be sure to check the hours the restaurants are open before you go to eat. Siete is closed from 12 to 1pm, which is kind of odd as noon is the typical lunch hour in the States, and Americans made up a good portion of the guests. Also, there is no night-time entertainment here, due to this being a relaxing destination, not a party hotel. But husband and I both agreed that after a few nights it could get a little boring, and some sort of low key activity would be welcome.

The highlight of our trip was meeting Chef Eric in the elevator and being invited back to MB for a special meal prepared for us. It was filet and lobster and seriously the best meal either of us had ever had in our lives. Thank you Chef Eric!

By the time we left, we had both obtained new levels of relaxation, which was why we chose Live Aqua. Overall, our stay met our expectations, and I would give this resort a 4.5 if that were an option, but just a few snags kept it from obtaining a perfect score. I would give the following constructive criticism to the hotel manager to make the leap to 5 stars:

- Check In: At minimum, rooms for guests with reservations should be ready by check in time. When that can't happen, compensate guests by offering complementary spa time while the guest waits (rather than offering to let them change clothes in the public restroom).

- Maintenance: The maintenance manager needs to do a walk-through of the entire hotel and have all of the little missing knobs, dings, scuffs, plate covers, etc., fixed.

- Food temperature: Need to check serving equipment, heat lamps, warming trays, etc., and verify food is being kept at the correct serving temperature. It is a shame to have wonderfully prepared food to be served at a less than optimal temperature. If the local Pizza Ranch restaurant can serve their buffet food hot, surely a top notch resort can figure out how to do so?

- Evening Activities: Some live jazz or a manager's welcome reception/happy hour would be a welcome diversion without ruining the relaxing nature of the resort.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
ManagerAQCU, General Manager at Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Thank you for sharing your detailed feedback, which helped us to identify the areas of opportunity encountered during your stay, I do regret that we did not meet all your expectations during the time you spent with us and assure you that this is not typical of service here at Live Aqua Cancun. Let me assure you that all the points you discussed in your review are taken into consideration and will be used to bring our services to the level where we can meet and even exceed every expectation of our highly appreciated guests.

Thank you for mentioning the positive sides of your vacation with us and the services that made your stay more comfortable. It will be an honor to be your hosts in the future and change your previous unfavorable impression. I remain at your service if you require any assistance in the future.

Warmest regards,
Alfredo Santamaría
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

We traveled over Thanksgiving weekend for our Anniversary. This was our second visit to Live Aqua within 9 months... I thought the first visit was amazing, this trip was even better! Again, they exceeded our expectations!!

When we arrived we were pleasantly surprised to learn we would be staying in the same room we had on our first visit there which was an Aqua Suite. I highly recommend paying the extra money for this Suite. It is a very spacious room with an incredible view. Watching the sunrise every morning while listening to the ocean was priceless. Included with this Suite is an out of this world foot massage and a cabana daily. You are able to choose your cabana location unless alreay reserved. I highly recommend reserving the one you would like once you arrive, if not you may end up with a cabana enemy... in other words a cabenemy. Although there was cabana drama both Lorena and Catarina handle it with grace and professionalism. Life is too short to sweat the small stuff who really cares about a cabana location when you are in Paradise. No matter if you are lounging by the Pool or the Beach the wait staff is excellant. We would like to give a shout out to the following staff memebers who work outside: Astrid, David, Luis, Jaime, Allesandra, Amineal, and Carlos who is the bartendar at the beach bar.

The food at Live Aqua is simply amazing, it certainly has improved since our last visit. Our hats off to Chef Eric and his staff!! We have never met a more personable Chef in all our travels. We were delighted to be his personal guests one evening at MB, it was an honor! Every time we turned around Chef was all over the resort... taking care of others. If that wasn't enough, he showed up while we were checking out. He wanted to make sure we were satisfied with the food at the resort and even offered to send us some of his special recipes. First class Chef! Two other individuals that we would like to mention are Maru and Ricardo. Both of these individuals are part of the Food and Beverage Management Staff and went out of their way to make sure we were in need of nothing. Again... exceptional service!!

A few of the Front Desk staff we would like to recognize are Deydhre, Ana, and Eliud, the Manager! All of which made things that much easier when we decided to extend our vacation a couple of extra days. I'm sure there are others we may have forgotten to mention but the entire staff is fabulous!

We would also like to give a shout out to all the peeps we met while we were there who made our trip that much more special: Chris, Angela, Jimmy, Annette, Tommy, Laurie, and Ron!

Last but not least we can never thank Lorena enough for making our Anniversary trip nothing less than exceptional!! She defines what a true VIP Concierge is!! Thank you Lorena... we truly appreciate everything you did for us!!

Room Tip: Aqua Suite is the way to go!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your preference to Live Aqua Cancun, it is always a pleasure to welcome back our dear guests and have an opportunity to make every next stay even more enjoyable then the previous one. We strive to distinguish our service by giving importance to little details and anticipation of our guests’ needs and desires and it's wonderful to know that it made your vacation a truly unique experience.

We will be looking forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home, do not hesitate to contact us for any assistance prior to your arrival.

Warmest regards,
Alfredo Santamaría

Been to Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive? Share your experiences!