Friends we were traveling with choose this property and assured us it was going to be wonderful so I did not do any research myself and was wary... but I must say I was not expecting it to be as awesome as it was !
The aromatherapy essential oils that fill the lobby when you first walk in lets you know that you are in for a experience. Check in was easy and we were greeted with a welcome chilled tea and cold cloth. I didn't get the welcome hand massage that busy afternoon but the next day when we were exchanging money they sat me down to a wonder hydrating hand massage. The staff if centered on services and with every 'thank you' you give them you receive a " it is my pleasure' with sincerity.
The rooms are clean and well kept, the large soaking tub and full size toiletries products are awesome. Every night with turn down service they bring you their signature blended essential oils and fill the diffuser so when you return the room is inviting with the spa channel on and bed turned down. There are other 'surprises' you will experience but I will leave that to be just that, wonderful surprises!!
We booked on expedia that had a 'free upgrade' and we printed that voucher and presented it at check out. They upgraded us to a 7th floor, center hotel ocean front room! The balcony over looks that beautiful aqua blue ocean and the wonderful breeze and sound of crashing waves lulled me to sleep every night! Our friends didn't have the upgrade coupon but were able to pay and additional $30USD/night to upgrade. If you already booked an ocean front room you can pay an additional fee and upgrade to a suite ( then have access to the Aqua club, free cabana rental every day which is normally $80USD a day and comes with a 20 minfoot massage).
The food was better than expected and several meals were fantastic! The breakfast buffet is by far the best I have ever had. Fresh egg station for omelets and a fresh fruit smoothie and juicing station as well as a made to order taco station. Lots of healthy fresh choices! Or order the Big Foot and sit back and have their specialty breakfast dish brought to you! Lunch is an easy choice for wood fired pizza and pasta at Varenna restaurant by the pool ( my fav) or the fresh seafood at the Sea Corner, or order from the pool side menu, or a sit down dinning experience with Azur or the themed buffet.
Drinks are premium top shelf ( but wine selection will be limited to a Chilean white wine or 2 reds. They 'up charge' for a bottle of any other wine starting at $40USD as well as for Sake in the Hidden Garden restaurant) I was never without an option to have a drink in hand. The pool and beach services is unsurpassed. There is beer , pop, bottled water and mineral water and a couple snack in the mini bar in your room and it is restocked daily. I love that they also brink a large bottle to use with the coffee pot ever day as well.
There are only 2 bars later in the evening and although AKA bar can get going later in the evening and the bar tenders will show their mixing skills, it is small and this is not a 'party' hotel. The AKA bar is a great night cap stop to grab a flaming Mexican coffee or just watch them make them. The MB restaurant gets busy later but if you are there at opening you get right in, but if you have to wait enjoy the fantastic sushi served across the hall as an appetizer with a cocktail. The recently added Hidden Garden Asian flare restaurant is such a beautiful place truly 'hidden' inside the mangroves. The food still needs to be perfected here but the services and experience is still worth a visit. Siete has a theme buffet at lunch and for dinner an Italian buffet as well as Mexican specialties a la carte in the evening. Our server mixed the absolutely BEST Mexican coffee I have ever had after dinner our last night! As well when I was talking with a server at lunch about me being a foodie he told me he wants my party to come to the Azur that night and he will have Chef Fransisco prepare an very special meal for us. He made reservations for us and INDEED they prepared a very special 4 course meal for us that was the best meal of the week! The chef came out to meet us and it was a truly great experience! We spoke to some people who paid the 'up charge' to dine at the Nlaa'kech Lobster & grill shared they did'nt feel it was worth the $60 USD up charge. They need to ask if they can be Chef's VIP's in Azure. They won't be disappointed.
I LOVE all the pools, shallow for sun soaking, deep cool one to plunge,party pool with swim up bar, and the infinity pool to look out over that beautiful ocean! You will need to grab a towel and scout you favorite spot early but there are several option with different pools and the great set ups on the beach! Very little disruptions from people selling things and a 'swing' bar to sit and swing a while to get a fun drink. But don't worry, if you just wanna lay there someone will be by to bring you one!
We did spend a morning at the Spa (I will give a separate review on) but I will say the wet room is small and the attendant followed me around and was not relaxing. I would not pay the $26USD day charge for just its use. The $200 couples massage was great but we had equally good ones in town for $39.
~Overall this property is amazing and is the perfect place for a romantic get away where you want to feel pampered and I will be back!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Live Aqua Cancun, a welcoming place, where being is the first part of feeling. Your senses work together. It's a prism of colors, eclectic rhythms, and seductive details. Enjoy the fusion of idyllic days and energizing nights. It is a monument to your arrival to this Cancun Spa Resort. This sophisticated beachfront resort lies along white sand beaches, across the street from La Isla Shopping Mall and walking distance from some of the best restaurants and shopping malls in the city. Exotic drinks, barefoot luxury and activities overlooking the resort's 8 infinity pools are just part of the exquisite details within our All Inclusive concept. Music worships you at every step, with changes in rhythms that match the emotions you feel and the space around you. The sound is never the same, but always relaxing, exciting and harmonic. Arriving, leaving, just belonging makes you sigh with peace. The Aqua aroma seeps into every nook and cranny up to the sky, down to the sea. Return to yourself. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Amex, Priceline, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive Hotel Cancun
- Cancun Aqua Hotel
- Aqua Hotel Cancun
- Fiesta Americana Grand Aqua