“Great romantic trip!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive

You added Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive to your Saves list
Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Boulevard Kukulcan Km. 12.5 Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #2 of 178 Hotels in Cancun
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Great romantic trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I surprised my husband with this trip for his birthday, Live Aqua was recommended by Delta Vacations. I told them I wanted it to be "over the top" service oriented. I wanted my husband to feel truly spoiled, all inclusive everything. When we arrived, we did upgrade to the suite ( good choice, especially since the first two days were raining). The staff was wonderful, the environment, the spa...absolutely perfect. This is an all inclusive resort, gratuity included, but I suggest, take care of your servers and they will so take care of you.

The only negative and I mean only, was the north elevators. Waiting for elevators was frustrating.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,747)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
North Brunswick, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Live Aqua Oct 21-25 for our 3rd wedding anniversary. We booked an Ocean View room. From the moment we arrived we felt right at home. We have stayed in Mexico every year since our honeymoon and we absolutely love it. We try a new place each time. Live Aqua is very beautiful. It is definitely a place to come and relax. My husband and I come from the Hospitality industry and are pretty particular about where we stay. Live Aqua ranks pretty high up there, although we have stayed at a few better places. The food is very good, although there were a few misses. The service of the entire hotel staff is fantastic (I have managed hotels for the last 10 years). We were a little disappointed to learn that the swim up bar is not located at the main pool but one of the side pools but I guess that is because thos place is mainly for the relaxing vacationers. Overall, I would recommend this place for anyone looking to take a wonderful all inclusive vacation.

• Stayed October 2013
ManagerAQCU, General Manager at Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Please allow me to express my sincere gratefulness for sharing with us this generous comments about our staff and our services. All of us at Live Aqua Cancun are truly grateful for the honor you gave us to be a host of such a special time as your 3rd Wedding Anniversary, it's a true pleasure to know that your overall experience with us was enjoyable and met your expectations.

I am happy to learn from this review that you were pleased with our restaurants and especially that our staff made a difference providing excellent service.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

We stayed in the Aqua Suite at Live Aqua. We stayed at The Royal last year (in a standard room). I'll make this review mostly as a comparison between the two -- if you're looking at Live Aqua, you're probably also considering The Royal. Honestly, you can't go wrong with either one -- had an excellent time at both.

Food - I might give the Royal a slight edge on food, but the food at Live Aqua was good. There are no reservations required for the restaurants which was a plus compared to The Royal which required reservations (even though the restaurants rarely seemed full).

Mini-bar - The Royal in-room minibar had liquor/beer/soda. Live Aqua had no liquor. We're not liquor drinkers, so this was not a downside for us, but it might be for you.

Activities - I love playing volleyball on vacation, but there were people interested in playing 2 or 3 out of the 6 days we were there. This pretty much mirrored our experience at the Royal last year. Both resorts are more geared toward relaxing than activities. On busy days (like Friday), people will probably be playing... probably not otherwise.

Building - the Royal building seems a little more impressive when you walk in, but both are nice. Things are a little more centralized around a large entry room at the Royal and more spread out at Live Aqua. It makes Live Aqua feel a little more secluded. You'd run into the same people more often at the Royal. That's neither good nor bad... just an observation.

The room - we had a standard room at The Royal and a suite at Live Aqua, so it's not a fair comparison, but we're more likely to return to Live Aqua since the suite was so nice and it also provided some extra amenities (reserved cabana and daily 20 minute foot massage). I think the price difference between the standard room and suite was less at Live Aqua. The suite has an awesome balcony and is huge (including separate half-bath).

Travel time - both are close to the airport... no worries there.

Gym - the gym is bigger/better at Live Aqua than The Royal if you're a weirdo like us who works out on vacation.

Sale - both had slightly annoying staff trying to get you to buy into some sort of vacation club thing ("it's not a timeshare"). We said no to both. This seems to be a given in Mexico. Just be firm. Our vacations are too short to listen to sales pitches.

We really enjoyed both resorts.... You can't go wrong with either one. I think we're more likely to return to Live Aqua since the suite provides such a great value.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the suite!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your review of Live Aqua Cancun. We're happy to hear we exceeded your expectations and we were able to provide a fantastic stay for you. I am sure that your feedback will serve as an encouragement to our team as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you for your recommendations, we are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Sewickley, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Overall a nice resort. The service, location, and cleanliness are spot on. Unfortunately, the food, while good, is the only thing holding this hotel back from being a 5 star.

MB, Azul, and Hidden Gardens are nice restaurants but were not worthy of a second try. The newly opened Italian outdoor restaurant with the wood fire oven served terrific pizzas for lunch.

The breakfast buffet at Siete was not as good as the majority of other all inclusive 4 & 5 star hotels that I have stayed. The mixers (OJ, cranberry juice,etc.) that they use for mixed drinks are terrible and make them undrinkable. Stick with beer or buy some mixers across the street at the OXXO convenience store.

Although this is not a 5 star hotel in my opinion, I would not discourage people from giving Live Aqua a try.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
I appreciate your valuable review of your experience at our resort. Every feedback we receive is very valuable for us as it is our most reliable source to locate areas we have to work at, in order to meet our guests expectations. Let me assure you that all the points you discussed in your review are taken into consideration and will be used to bring our services to the level where we can meet and even exceed every expectation of our highly appreciated guests.

Should you consider Live Aqua Cancun for your vacations in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me for any pre-arrival arrangements.

Warm regards,
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

I had never really fancied Mexico so it was with much trepidation we decided on cancun
I had read the reviews on trip advisor
I was so pleased the reviews were so good
We arrived after a long but very good virgin flight and it was late evening when we arrived at the hotel and first impression it was very large
We upgraded our room from ocean view to ocean front , which was a good move

We ordered room service part of the all inclusive package which was lovely and is 24/7
Next day we got to look around and

were very impressed everyone was do friendly including most holiday makers
We met lots of Americans ,Mexicans and Colombians all made us feel very welcome as did all the staff
I was so impressed that they even remembered you by name
Nothing was too much trouble it really is all inclusive which includes wifi please take note all hotels around the world
The restaurants are fantastic and several I would say were what I would describe as fine dining
There are robes beach shoes and a beach bag in your room to use on
Your holiday
Drinks and food are brought to you whilst you sit around one of
The many pools
So much food and food outlets there is an amazing coffee shop for drinks snack and lovely cakes
A small sushi bar if you fancy a snack and a lovely pizzeria
Lunch time there are also
Places to get paella burgers and hot dogs
So many names to mention of people who made out holiday complete there is Oscar he was the restaurant manager who went out of his way for us
The staff in Azur who cooked us some wonderful special food as my husband is coeliac,Chef Francisco all the waiters were great
The chef in the hidden garden Alejandro was also did some special food and really was so
Kind
I only went to the spa once but it was amazing
I would highly recommend this hotel it's management and staff it has been a wonderful hotel I wi be sad to go home

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your wonderful review and for taking the time to share your experience with us. It’s truly rewarding to know that your stay with us was wonderful and that you were pleased with our food options, the facilities and specially the excellent service provided by our staff. Comments like yours, with details on what made your stay so memorable and names of every team member who made every effort to ensure that you wouldn’t want to leave our hotel, are always welcome with great enthusiasm by every staff member, as it is our inspiration for success and new achievements. I have already congratulated the members of our staff that you mentioned.

Thank you again for your wonderful review and recommendations, our entire team is looking forward to welcome you back, ready to make every effort to provide you with another pleasurable experience.

Mansfield, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

We just got back from staying at Live Aqua for 6 days. The rooms were great with marble all throughout the resort. Smelled nice throughout the resort with the oils they burn. If you have been to hotels that are on beach or near beach, they can smell a little musky at times. This place smelled good 24-7. This is a spa resort so the party life later is pretty non existent after 10pm, but you have the options of hitting up Senor Frogs, Coco Bongo, or Carlos & Charlie's. They are really close & bus is only $10 pesos pp to go anywhere basically. The resort seems to be mainly 30-50 crowd. It was perfect for day drinking around pool & beach. No kids really helped the atmosphere in my opinion. Be sure to get an ocean view. Great sunrise every morning. The food was excellent. I was expecting some mediocrity with it being an all inclusive. The habanero soup at MB's is a 100% must. The breakfast at Siete every morning was delicious with a wide variety. They have an omelet station, fruit, steak, chicken, smoothies, homemade donuts, veggies, you name it. We spent most of our time at the Azur pool side & bar. The restaurant had a decent variety from fish tacos, fajitas, to steak. The bar area during the day had hot dogs, cheeseburgers & nachos...and all tasted good. The staff was wonderful at the bar. Top shelf alcohol & not stingy with the pour either. Roger took very good care of us as did Josamir (probably spelled it wrong). The staff all around the resort was friendly. Everyone says hello when you walk by & you truly feel as though the entire staff is there to help YOU. We had an excellent time & will most definitely be going back. I would highly recommend going & we will definitely be back. I cant imagine there being a better place to stay in Cancun & we got it at a great price.

Room Tip: We had a room by elevator which got pretty noisy at times. We thought it would be an issue, but we d...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
I would like to express my gratitude for the time you have taken to share this review and the valuable comments you’ve provided in it. I have no doubt that your review will be of a great help for many travelers while making their decision to visit Live Aqua Cancun. Thank you for the warm words regarding our staff, service, food and general relaxing atmosphere, which we try to provide to our guests.

We are looking forward to welcome you back on many future occasions, which we will be happy to make very special for you.

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

We just got back from Live Aqua Cancun and could not have had a better experience. We were engaged in June and began to plan our wedding and honeymoon then. We were at the resort from November 2nd-November 16th. The experience I had with my Wedding Planner, Lisbeth Cruz, was wonderful. She really delivered on every aspect of our wedding. I was very specific with details such as flowers, color, decor and she made sure I got what I wanted. My wedding day was beautiful. Lisbeth is a great communicator, is very organized and attentive. I recommend any future bride to wed at this beautiful resort. You can rest assured, if in the hands of Lisbeth, your wedding will be a success!! We stayed in a beautiful suite and were treated as royalty from the day of our arrival. We were 23 guests at our wedding and each one of us were impressed with the service and hotel facilities. The food - WELL, we're italians and very picky with our food - Live Aqua has some of the best restaurants I have ever eaten at. My faves: Habanero soup, Pad Thai, Sushi, Fajitas, Seafood risotto, Plantain risotto... EVERYTHING WAS AMAZING. I got a massage at the spa and got to use the facilities prior to my treatment - one of the best spas I've been to. I was especially impressed by Caterina, Jonathan and Julia at the towel/pool station - wonderful service. The service at this resort is exceptional, from the waiters to the front desk to the management team. It would take me too long to write how awesome this resort is. But, I've travelled to many places around the world and I am definitely going back to Live Aqua.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for speaking so highly of our service and the quality of experience we offer to our guests, we are completely honored to receive such a positive feedback and read that your wedding and honeymoon were enjoyable and exceeded your expectations. I was most happy to read of your kind comments regarding the service you received from our staff, which is the greatest and most important element of our resort. It was a pleasure for us, make your stay so memorable, as we always try to impress our guests with our excellent service, food choices, comfort of rooms and serenity of the environment.

Thank you so much for your kind words and recommendations for future travelers, we are looking forward to the opportunity to welcome you back soon. Do not hesitate to contact us for any pre-arrival arrangement.

Alfredo Santamaría

Been to Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive? Share your experiences!