“We'll be back” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive

You added Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive to your Saves list
Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Boulevard Kukulcan Km. 12.5 Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #2 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Seattle, Washington
“We'll be back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

My husband and I had a wonderful stay at Live Aqua Cancun. Upon checking in (we were early) our room was not quite ready but they stored our luggage and gave us our wristbands so we could start enjoying ourselves. Within 20 minutes we ran into Chef Eric who introduced himself and his Sous Chef. It was amazing that he took the time to chat with my husband and I. We only had 3 short nights but each day was absolutely wonderful.

The staff is amazing, the food is incredible especially being an all inclusive. Our room had a garden view (located on the main floor) but was clean, comfortable and spacious. Every meal was delicious, I don't think we had any complaints (besides not having enough time to try everything!). We followed Chef Eric's advice and ordered Steve's Big Foot Eggs at Siete for breakfast and they are really worth trying. Go to the Mexican Station and ask for them! Kudos to Chef Eric and his entire staff! The staff at Live Aqua greet you with a big smile and "hola!". Those who went out of their way to make our visit memorable include Executive Chef Eric, Violetta at AKA, Chef Fernando at mb, Angel at mb, and Lorena (concierge/customer service I think).

The grounds are beautiful, the pools are clean and the beach is delightful. Our only complaint (though small) was with Julio who was serving drinks on the beach. He seemed to be only interested in bringing drinks to those who tipped or women on their own. Only once did he ask us if we wanted anything and then ignored us for the rest of the day.

I made an appointment at Aqua Spa and arrived an hour before my deep tissue massage. They have you spend 10 minutes in the sauna, 10 in foot bath, a quick dip in a cool pool, 10 minutes in a warm pool with cucumbers over your eyes and a cold towel to cover them, 10 minutes in a steam room then back for a cool dip. I found it to be quite relaxing. The massage was good but wasn't quite what I was expecting for a deep tissue massage, it was more of a normal massage than deep tissue but still enjoyable.

We had a wonderful experience, next time we'll probably go for an Ocean Front/View room instead of the Garden View.

Also, you must order the Habanero Soup at mb.

Thank you Live Aqua for a wonderful vacation! We'll be back ASAP!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,581)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We never thought our second visit could be better than the first but somehow they managed to exceed the perfection we experienced during our first trip there just one year ago.

If you want to have the most relaxing 5 star experience ever, look NO further....this is the place to to go.

Each and every person at this establishment go out of their way to make sure your experience is the best one ever. A BIG shout out to our favorite friends: Louis at Azur took such great care of us. Thank you so much for our special lunches, dinners and desserts. The birthday lunch you came up with was my favorite meal of the week. The waiters in the U.S. can learn a lot from you. To Carlos and Ricardo at the Coffee Corner who every morning and afternoon knew exactly how to make our coffee and always welcomed us with a BIG smile and wave whenever they saw us even when we didn't stop in for coffee. To Alejandra on the beach who would welcome us each morning with the most wonderful enthusiastic greeting, thank you so much for keeping the cold drinks and waters coming all day long. To Fernando at Siete thank you so much for all you did each morning at breakfast. To Jesus at MB, thank you for always being so kind and for multiple Habanero soups, I couldn't get enough!

In Summary:

Service - The BEST EVER. That includes everyone you encounter from the moment you walk in until day you leave to go home.

Hotel: Top notch. Clean, fantastic rooms and all with great views. Make sure to walk around the grounds. There is so much to see. It makes for a really nice stroll at night after dinner. You'll see some reviews where people complain about the WiFi...HELLO people first of all this is vacation enjoy the beauty around you and get your eyes off the screen and your fingers off the keyboard, secondly they have a technology area right on the main level with computers and printers that are there for your use. They have so many that there is never a wait.Oh and did I mention...there is no charge to use them. You can be a dud and sit there all day until your fingers get blisters using them while the rest of us are enjoying the beautiful surroundings. If you are there on a Friday night. Do NOT miss the fire show. These performers are truely talented individuals.

Food: FIVE STAR DINING! I am from the Boston area where fine dining is all around. None of the Boston restaurants can even compare to the food and service we experience at Live Aqua.

Spa: Nothing short of true bliss. Get there an hour early for your appointment to get the full experience which includes sauna, steam room, and the high powered jetted tub.

Last year we opted for the Aqua club level, this year we booked the room with a terrace. The terrace is larger than the standard balcony and has loungers instead of chairs. For us this is the way we will go going forward.

A BIG thank you to all of our friends at Live Aqua. We miss you already and look forward to seeing you again.

Room Tip: All rooms are great but the rooms with the terrace have a larger outside area and are at the ends of...
Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Great stay here in May 2013. Nice room - the all inclusive was a great deal for us as we largely stayed in and around the resort. This was just a couples get away for a long weekend and was perfect. All staff were fantastic and very responsive. The amount and food quality at the restaurants was excellent, enough variety for a few days for sure. We ate at Siete, MB, Azure, room service for breakfast each morning and the Inlaa'Keh grill one night. No real complaints - I've already recommended to another couple. Drinks were great - pool side service was excellent including food. Not overcrowded at all.

Digging for something to complain about - our bathtub wasnt exactly super squeaky clean/new, but we only used the walk in shower and the bathrooms and room was otherwise perfect.

I'd easily go back.

Our driver on the way in put it in his "top 5" list to stay at in Cancun in terms of feedback - which also fit with what I'd heard and seen.

Location : right across from one of the malls - so plenty to wander out. Beach was nice, white soft sand. Pools are fantastic.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
ManagerAQCU, General Manager at Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank you very much for being our returning guest, there is nothing more rewarding for us than knowing that the experience of your previous vacation made you want to be back to Live Aqua Cancun. We were very pleased to learn that all the elements of perfect vacation were present during your visit: the food, dinning options and the excellent service provided by our staff.

We are looking forward to welcome you back on many future occasions, which we will be happy to make very special for you.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Cannot say enough about this place. Service was unbelievable. THE ENTIRE live Aqua staff take pleasing the quests during their stay serious. I have never seen a group of people work so hard and always with a smile and a very warm greeting. The restaurant AZUR was amazing. Antonio the waiter surpassed every expectation we had. Mario, the pool attendant, has to be the most gracious, sincere and genuine man in this resort. All with an infectious smile. Worked nonstop. If you leave your chair for the pool or bar, your towel was prepped, belongings organized. |What an asset Mario is to this hotel. Whether you are walking the resort, laying by the pool, no matter what you desire, the staff at Live Aqua is will make sure you get what you want. We ate at MB our first night....OUT OF THIS WORLD CUISINE! We met some very nice people from all over the world and they opinions were all the same. Live Aqua gets the job done, does it well and do it over and over again. For every guest. I had the pleasure of meeting the hotel manager pool side and expressed a big thank you, 100 times over, for the amazing experience the staff at Aqua delivered. You will not want to leave this place. Really no need to....!

Room Tip: Every room on this property has an amazing view. With the exception of the first floor.
cincinnati, oh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

To preface this report, we stayed at the club level, so this is from that perspective.

Our stay at the Live Aqua resort was THE BEST vacation we EVER had in our 20 years of marriage and travel! My wife and I have gone to a lot of all-inclusive resorts all over the Caribbean (including other Mexican resorts) and the Dominican Republic plus we’ve been to Hawaii 3 times and on 5 cruises (not including Disney). While the service has always been excellent, the good people at Live Aqua have even stepped up excellent service! But what has always disappointed me was the food and drink quality. My wife and I are foodies (we LOVE food, not just eating, we LOVE flavor!) and the liquor used at Live Aqua is top shelf! That was the very first thing that impressed me when researching the resort before booking. Second of all, we expected to eat breakfast and lunch at the resort, but go out to restaurants for dinner to get “real” food. Our first night there, we walked down the street to Margaritaville, one of my favorite restaurants because of the vacation-y atmosphere. That was the ONLY time we left the property to eat because the next morning, Chef Eric introduced us to his soon-to-be world famous “Big Foot Eggs” (be careful, they are a bit spicy)! After that, we never ate anywhere off property!

The service from the very moment we walked in the door from the absolute last second we left was beyond any that we’ve ever experienced. We go to Disney World at least once a year and they’re known for their food and especially their service. Disney should send their cast members to Live Aqua! Not that Disney is lacking, but Live Aqua makes you feel pampered and they’re genuinely happy to have you as a guest. It’s as if you’re in their home and they’re excited to have you stay with them.

Chef Eric’s amazing food actually brought my wife to tears the first time she tasted the Big Foot Eggs (there were 2 more times she cried over the food, then once more when we had to leave!)! The combination of vibrant flavors was unlike anything we’ve ever tasted before. And each meal was a compliment of flavors to local ingredients and cuisine. Lunch buffets are notorious for being drab run-of-the-mill bland food for the masses. Not here! Even though we paid extra for the club level, which grants us some different dining options, we frequented the breakfast and lunch buffets to see all that was available. This was the first trip that we actually finished everything on our plate! Even the buffet food was that good! And Chef Eric’s genuine and warm personality made our vacation even more amazing. Unfortunately, he’s only one busy man and isn’t able to befriend everyone, and that’s a real loss for the majority, but my wife and I were blessed to have made a new friend in Chef Eric.

But as enriching (and brief) as our time with him was, the rest of the staff were just as warm, inviting, generous and FUN! From the lobby staff, wait staff, to the pool staff, room service, housekeeping and the bar staff. Even the maintenance and grounds keepers would flash you a genuine smile with “hola” or “Buenos dias”! They really made us feel like they were happy to do whatever they could to make our stay enjoyable, and they did! In particular, I’d like to thank Oscar and Rosendo in Siete (thanks for the cookies and mangoes!), Alfredo and Chef Hugo at Azur, Patricia at the Pool Club bar (with the swings), Julio that brought my caipirinha sin endulsante (that’s an unsweet caipirinha) all week to our cabana and everyone else that I failed to mention, but your warmth will not be forgotten. We will be returning soon. We’ve already booked our next visit for this year! Our favorite vacation destinations are Disney World and Mexico. But from now on, whenever we go to Mexico, we’ll be staying at Live Aqua.

The ONLY problem we had was the beds aren't what we're used to. We have a Select Comfort (sleep number) bed at home and the beds and pillows at Live Aqua were softer than what we like, but I got plenty of sleep in the cabana and in the spite of that, I'm still going back! I'll just take some Advil before going to bed and I'll be fine.

TIPS:
1. Some are saying it’s hard to get a seat by the pool. Yes, people go down early in the morning and reserve them. It’s worth the extra money (in my opinion and if you can afford it) to reserve a cabana. But if you stay at the club level, the cabana is included. Plus it comes with a free 20 minute foot massage! Well worth it!
2. Start right off the bat with the secret Mayan massage. I’m not a massage guy, but my wife said there was a significant difference in me after I had the massage. I had been drinking all week, so I was in a good mood, but the massage made a difference apparently, so I’m starting off with it the first day, then hitting the club bar to see Patricia and have a few caipirinha sin endulsantes and I’m ready to vacation!
3. Learn the stairs. On check in and check out days, the elevators take a long time. Stairs are faster anyway. (You don’t have to wait for them!)
4. Learn the levels. The floors aren’t numbered like most resorts.
5. If you have the means, upgrade to the higher levels. The benefits and privileges are totally worth it.
6. SMILE, be friendly and talk to people (staff and other guests)! It will be returned to you twenty fold and will enrich your enjoyment significantly!

Room Tip: Upgrade to the club or above level. Rooms, benefits and service are worth it.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking your time to share with all of us this review; it’s a privilege to know that Live Aqua Cancun lives up to your expectations in every aspect of the most relaxing vacation: food and beverage selection, facilities, location and certainly, the service, which is the greatest and most important element of our resort.

Thank you so much for your kind words and recommendations for future travelers, we are looking forward to the opportunity to welcome you back. Do not hesitate to contact us for any pre-arrival arrangements.

seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Just back from a great vacation at this resort. Best all inclusive I have ever stayed at....drinks were as strong as you wanted and never served in those terrible plastic cups! Beach and pool was amazing....although sometimes harder to get a prime seat unless you get up super early. The food was very good...my favourite was MB. The white gazpacho - yum. The buffet was also tasty and I appreciated the mimosa station. The ceviche and taco stand at the pool bar was awesome. My least favourite was the "chinese" hidden garden concept - but even that was better than a lot of food at resorts. The spa was great. I had a fusion massage that was quite wonderful.
The biggest complaint I can come up with is that the elevators are slow. So not much of a complaint.
I was however perplexed at one thing....I decided I wanted to stay another night. My friend was leaving but I changed my flight to stay one more day. I spoke to the front desk and they said it would cost $750 for 1 person... despite the fact that I only paid $550 for 2 all of the other nights. The reason I was given is that because I had "pre paid" for the other rate?? I was confused so went online and could get a room ONLINE for $550 for 1. So I asked at the desk and they said I would have to change rooms.....again, not sure why. So that was too bad. Certainly didn't get the sense they wanted me to stay! So I went online and found a room at the ritz carlton. So I took my business there on my last night.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for taking your time to share with all of us this review. While I am very happy to read your positive comments, I would like to extend my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you had at the end of your stay. I assure you that the circumstances you described are not typical with the high standards that we strive to provide. We take pride in creating memorable experiences for our guests; to hear what you went through is completely unacceptable. Our front desk manager have received your feedback and we are working on improvements that will allow us to meet all the expectations of our guests.

Thank you for giving us credit on so many positive aspects.
Hopefully you will give us an opportunity to host you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will personally make sure your next visit with us will be without any incidents.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Excellent food, excellent service, very clean, not too big, highly recommended spa services.

This resort is very nice for couples or for a group that wish to relax. There are couple of romantic restaurants you can definitely check out. The food is really good, i did go out to couple of high end restaurants on the strip, and believe me the food at the resort is very comparable. When you enter through the main lobby, there is a scent similar to the ones they use in spas, sort of like a vapour scent.

The infinity pool is really nice and they do have a swim up bar pool on the side secluded from the main area.

Definitely coming back to this resort and highly recommended for couples.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive? Share your experiences!