We were here for a wedding, and the location could not have been more perfect.
The hotel staff was amazing. Basically anything you want they will bring to you. We had an ocean view room (room 3041). It was slightly larger than some of the ocean view rooms and far away from the elevators, so I definitely recommend it.
As other reviews mentioned, you have to get down to the pool by 7:30am. (SERIOUSLY!!) Everyone grabs a towel and lays it on their chairs to save their seat, and then goes and eats breakfast. (So no one is actually out at the pool, they just claim a chair or two.)
Try the shrimp tacos on the beach. They are amazing.
Also, you have to ask for top shelf alcohol, but do no one gives you any problems. Just ask.
We weren't sure how much to tip when we were there, but if you just bring money with you because the ATM has a surcharge. (We usually tipped $1-$5 for drinks/room service and everyone chipped in for tip at dinners.)
They have a "My Wish" button on the phone in your room. Anything you may have forgotten (toothpaste), they can bring up for you.
The food was (surprisingly) very very good. I took advantage of the morning smoothie bar and omelet man probably too frequently.
I probably enjoyed MB the most. If they have the habanero soup, GET IT. Azure has great food too. Also, everywhere had amazing guacamole. We ate so much of it though, I am currently taking a hiatus from it.
All in all this was a great trip.
We used FunJet--Lomas***NOT*** associated with Live Aqua. Diego is an imbecile. He is never there to check in for your travel home. We must have gone to his desk 4 times and he was never there. The other travel arrangers even said he had not arrived yet. However, when he finally showed up he said he had been there the whole time, but was leaving in 5 minutes. Another example of his incompetence, he told two of our friends, who did not have a flight out until Monday, that they were on his schedule for Sunday. So if they were not going to leave on Sunday, then they would have to pay again. Obviously, this was an error on Lomas's part, since our friends had not changed their flight.
Anyway, do not expect anything from him. In fact, if you can use another car transport service, you should.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Live Aqua Cancun, a welcoming place, where being is the first part of feeling. Your senses work together. It's a prism of colors, eclectic rhythms, and seductive details. Enjoy the fusion of idyllic days and energizing nights. It is a monument to your arrival to this Cancun Spa Resort. This sophisticated beachfront resort lies along white sand beaches, across the street from La Isla Shopping Mall and walking distance from some of the best restaurants and shopping malls in the city. Exotic drinks, barefoot luxury and activities overlooking the resort's 8 infinity pools are just part of the exquisite details within our All Inclusive concept. Music worships you at every step, with changes in rhythms that match the emotions you feel and the space around you. The sound is never the same, but always relaxing, exciting and harmonic. Arriving, leaving, just belonging makes you sigh with peace. The Aqua aroma seeps into every nook and cranny up to the sky, down to the sea. Return to yourself. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Amex, Odigeo, getaroom.com, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive Hotel Cancun
- Cancun Aqua Hotel
- Aqua Hotel Cancun
- Fiesta Americana Grand Aqua