“Wonderful experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive

Save Saved
You added Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive to your Saves list
Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Boulevard Kukulcan Km. 12.5 Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #2 of 175 Hotels in Cancun
Mt Clemens,mi
“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

From check in to check out the staff of the Live Aqua was the BEST!!! Every employee was friendly, attentive and made our trip a complete success. The food was excellent. My only complaint was the noise from the stairwell and the hallway at night, the music in the hallway was loud also. I recommend an ocean view as the garden view was less than optimal.
Having been to other all inclusive resorts, Live Aqua is the only one I would consider returning to in the future.
Keep up the good work!!!

Room Tip: Ocean view is best!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
ManagerAQCU, General Manager at Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thank you very much for sharing your review and for mentioning so many positive elements about our hotel. It’s great to know that Live Aqua Cancun has met your expectations in different ways, such as the service provided by our staff and the food. We appreciate your constructive criticism as this is our source for growth and perfection, it’s importance is priceless in an effort to provide comfort and relaxing moments to our guests.

We are looking forward to having you as our guests again and make every effort to exceed your expectations.

Alfredo Santamaría

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,513)
  • Korean first
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I recently lead a large incentive group trip to Cancun and I cannot begin to say how wonderful their stay was at Live Aqua. Everyone was so impressed with the level of care and service that was provided from the moment we walked onto the property. I have stayed at MANY resorts in the area and this was one of the best experiences I have had. I would not hesitate to recommend Live Aqua to any of my other clients, individuals or larger groups, for their stay in Cancun. Well done!

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

The resort was beautiful and very well maintained. The staff were hardworking and friendly. The food was very good quality, no complaints for any of the venues. Room service was fantastic...The Azur restaurant was a surprise with very good food even on the lunch menu (tuna tartar, capellini and penne dishes etc.)
I was grateful that they didn't enforce the long pants rule for the guys at the MB restaurant, although my husband wore nice shorts and a collared shirt (so wasn't completely slumming it)...
The pools were absolutely amazing overlooking the ocean.. and the water in the main one was warmed so that it was totally comfortable from early morning til late afternoon.. blissful!!
The location was great, with the beach and ocean on one side and a large mall out the front entrance! It was a great trip!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your review of Live Aqua Cancun. We're happy to hear we exceeded your expectations and we were able to provide a fantastic stay for you. I am sure that your feedback will serve as an encouragement to our team as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you again for your kind comments, we are looking forward to welcome you back very soon.

Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Live Aqua was my first all inclusive experience ever & am happy to say I was in no way dissappointed. The moment you walk in you have a feeling that you chose the right place. The lobby is beautiful as is the entire property. The aromatherapy is a nice touch, igniting your senses as you go through the hotel. The service was amazing all staff was very attentive to any need or question. The food was excellent in all restaurant options. The room service menu was ok but eating at a great restaurant is so easy we only ordered room service twice. An adult only property that is truelly a great place to relax by any of the many pools. Drink from any of the many indoor or outdoor bars or just grab a lounge chair and let the supreme servers cater to your needs. All in all an amazing place I would revisit and recommend highly!!!!

Port Washington, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Lovely pools and beach. Staff is very eager-to-please and welcoming. The staging of the hotel makes it seem very intimate and exclusive even though it is quite large and can be very crowded. My first visit was just off-season and very peaceful and quiet. This trip was during season and found the crowds to be pleasant and fun - a bit too real-estate conscious. I really hate going to a resort that does not discourage "seat-saving" by pool and on beach...perhaps the hotel needs to have more beach seats with cushions and umbrellas and a firm policy about seat-saving. The food is very good and the green juice is the best!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Cape Cod, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

My husband and I stayed for a week in March 2013. From our arrival through and including departure, our stay was superlative in practically every way. Warm welcome, seamless check-in, gorgeous, spotless and comfortable room, wonderful food, OUTSTANDING SERVICE IN EVERY WAY. I could sum it all up by saying that resorts don't really get much better than this in this price category.

Our room was immaculate, fully equipped with everything we could possibly have wanted or needed. We were staying in the Aqua Club level and the Aqua Club was a very nice amenity. Our room had a full on ocean view, a small terrace and was secured from the standpoint that only Aqua Club guests were able to access the 5th floor.

The beach was absolutely gorgeous, spotless, wide soft glittering sand. One downside was that, in order to get a pool or beach lounge, one must get up very early (not later than 7am or so) to get two together with an umbrella. The first morning I noticed people outside as early as 5am, securing chairs with towels, flip flops, books and even the convenient beach bag the hotel loans while guests are there. Not sure of there is any way around this, but I did hear that some people actually paid pool and beach attendants to reserve them for them, saving them the chore of getting up early (let's face it, to lots of people, vacations mean sleeping LATE).

There are several restaurants and the main restaurant, SIETE (so-named due to the wonderful mosaics on seven columns featuring such luminaries as artists Frida Khalo and Diego Rivera) was a great place for breakfast. The food was very good, a huge assortment. One thing rather puzzling was the lack of BACON ... only one morning was there a tray os bacon, but it was missing every other morning. One could request it, but it was not out as it ordinarily is ion most all-inclusives. The guacamole was so incredibly fresh and delicious; they also had a smoothie bar plus several omelet and Mexican tortilla, taco and other stations, all of which were outstanding.

One staff member at Siete who really impressed us was Jesus Alberto Estrella Sulub. Jesus greeted us every morning cheerfully and was a superstar in our book. He repeatedly went out of his way to make sure we had whatever we needed, was polite, charming and told us repeatedly how happy he and the staff was that we were staying at Live Aqua. We always looked forward to breakfast and lunch when he was there.

The entire staff should be complimented for its incredible service, each in his or her own way, went OUT of his or her way to make your day, evening, stay the best it could possibly be. This is not just the wait staff ... every gardener, cleaning person, desk personnel, bellman, sales people, even the security folks watching the two spiffy Rolls Royces outside the hotel, everyone at the resort was friendly, polite, warm, helpful and responsive in any way that would enhance one's overall stay. Never have we seen more SMILES on employees' faces. This is a happy staff!

FOOD: We enjoyed Azur very much; great location ON the beach, food was good, service a little harried but the location cannot be beat. Sea Corner: great place for fish tacos, incredibly friendly and entertaining staff, very good tacos. Get one of the benches looking out over the beach; MB was our favorite ... highly sophisticated food, gorgeous decor, good service, although we felt a wee bit rushed (highly popular, they were probably trying to turn the tables); Cafe Deli Boutique is THE place to go for coffees, wonderful desserts, paninis ... they'll make the coffee, cappuccino, espresso exactly how you like it ... with a big smile, too; the Asian restaurant Hidden Garden was a nice experience as it is set in the center of an expansive tropical garden so that you cannot even see in or out ... nicely lit and great service. The food was good but we enjoyed our server who was so very friendly and fun; again, Siete was the primary place we went for lunch ... always something different except for staples like guacamole ... everything is beautifully styled on the counters and the staff is wonderful and one waits not even a minute for a libation, that staff is on top of it immediately! We did not eat at the lobster restaurant or the sushi spot. In addition to these, there was always a hot dog/hamburg cart by Azur every day, all day. Delicious hot dogs and a nice treat and always made fresh to order. Also, another small hut had paella one day, fish tacos the next and fresh fried and grilled fish another. Live Aqua does great job with the food. At night, Siete, the buffet, always has an Italian buffet which got a wee bit tired after a few nights, but they try to change out the entrees to keep it interesting.

FITNESS CENTER: I was most impressed with the fitness center however, because they really have nothing about it on their website, we brought no work out clothes. The equipment is amazing, it is HUGE, rarely has anyone in it and has TOP equipment, plenty of treadmills, elliptical trainers and many other pieces of equipment including some very innovative pieces even my own gym at home doesn't have plus free weights. Impressive!

SPA: We had facials at the Aqua Spa. I loved that it was low-lit and had nice music. The attendant was a wee bit aggressive about removing your robe and moving me from the sauna to the steam room and then hot and cold baths, so I just told him I was OK, and he then left me to my own devices. The facial was a full 50 minutes, expertly done and so relaxing. The aethetician was very professional, did not speak, which was very nice since these can be very relaxing if one does not feel the need to converse; she did not, which was appreciated. One thing that kind of irked us was the had to pay the gratuity upon arrival, which I felt was a little unusual. Nonetheless, service was impeccable.

INTERNET: I admit, this was a big problem. I own my own one-man company so when I travel, I have to work. The internet bandwidth, in my opinion, is inadequate for a hotel this size. One could easily tell when there was high traffic, since the signal was so compromised. Fortunately, I get up very early so I was able to work from 4:30 to 6am, which is about the time people had to get up to reserve lounge chairs. It was immediately noticeable that lots of people were online. After breakfast, when people went to the pool or beach, it improved and late afternoon and early evening, once again, it tanked. We made mention but really did not expect a solution. They gave us a cable to use, but it made no difference. Maybe just as well, since we did more relaxing than we might have done otherwise.

LOCATION: The hotel is so beautiful, gleaming, right across from La Isla Mall, which was very nice for us, a diversion we welcomed. About 15 minutes from the airport and very secure!

HOUSEKEEPING: Excellent, but it was always better when we left a gratuity on the pillow. Hey these people work hard to keep this hotel so spanking clean. I few dollars is GREATLY appreciated!

Overall, we would definitely return to Live Aqua again and would HIGHLY recommend it to anyone looking for an exceptional property with a truly amazing service commitment from a staff of engaged and caring employees. To us, this carries more weight than so many other considerations!

Room Tip: SPRING for the Aqua Club rooms or a suite. They are worth it. On one side, there is an empty lot and...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review. It is a pleasure for me to know that your experience at Live Aqua Cancun exceeded your expectations; our number one priority is to make every guest experience exceptional and unique as it can be, thank you for letting us know how memorable and special was your stay with us. We are striving to be the #1 hotel in Cancun and comments like yours have always been of great assistance in fulfilling this mission.

I'm very grateful for your comments about the service provided by our staff; let me assure you that this kind of recognition has a very special meaning to us as a team.

Thank you for your recommendations, we are looking forward to having you as our guest again and make every effort to exceed your expectations.

Mansfield, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Let me start with a small back story of my previous traveling experiences. My husband and I travel about once every two years, most of the time with my daughter. Since this was our 15th wedding anniversary we decided to go it alone. This is our fourth trip to Cancun, and previously we have been to DR and Jamaica. We always choose all-inclusives when traveling out of the country for convenience. We book through apple and stay at 5-6 golden apple resorts. Live Aqua is by far the best resort we have ever stayed. We have been back for 3 weeks and all I can talk about is the amazing vacation we had. I knew we were in for a great time when we were going through customs at the airport and the attendant said, "oh, Live Aqua, you are staying at a very nice place". We rode a short bus ride to the hotel with other people and has the front door attendant open the door in his white "zen outfit", I over heard a wife say, "why can't we stay here". Check-in was a breeze. We knew that we were going to arrive before arrive rooms were going to be ready. So I received a free hand massage, wow!!! During the trip I had planned to get a massage but unfortunately, I got sun-brunt and couldn't. But I can say if the free hand massage I received at check in is any indication of what their service is like, go for it. Everyone I talked to said it was the best massage they ever had. Okay, some points.
1.) Food-We ate at Siete for breakfast everyday. We had made to order omelets, sausage, bacon, juice, etc. For lunch, we typically ordered food by the pool. That was cheeseburgers, nachos, hot dogs. They had a huge selection. We did eat once at Azur for lunch and the food was great. We also ate at the Seafood corner and had amazing shrimp tacos. We had sushi in the evening. We also at the the buffet they had on the beach and at MB. MB was amazing. Try the haberno soup. However, most evening we had room service. Room service was phenomenal. We ordered filets, chicken Alfredo, soup, fruit.... It was nice after a long day of drinking and soaking up the son, to just sit in your pajamas on the balcony, listen to the ocean and have dinner. We did not try the Steak and Lobster dinner that you have to pay for simply because neither my husband nor I really like lobster. Again, everyone I talked to said it was great. We did have reservations at Hidden Garden, and the ambiance is great. We had a few drinks, but decided to not order as we did not see anything we liked on the menu. This is no fault of the restaurant, we are just "simple" eaters.
2. Pools- There are several large pools at the hotel. I will say that I have a pool at my house that is heated. Most of the pools still did feel a little cold to me, but that might just be because I spoiled. However, it did not take us long to find the swim up bar that is heated. This and the hot tub is where I spent most of the time. We made some great friends at the swim up bar and the service was awesome. Go here to have a great time.
3. The rooms were very nice. The were very clean. We had a shower and a bathtub and a king size bed, and a great view of the ocean. The bed has more pillows then you know what to do with and I think the beds were very comfortable.
4. Service- The best we have every had anywhere!! I was sad when I came home and went to the store and the customer services lady wasn't smiling... Again, room service comes in 15-20 minutes. There is a Your Wish/My wish button on the phone. We needed some more coke and they had it to us in 3 mins.
Look for Martha and Astrid around they pool they are great. This was honestly the best vacation I have ever had. I am already planning the next one to Live Aqua. Please feel free to message me if you have any questions at all.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
ManagerAQCU, General Manager at Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
I would like to express my gratitude for the time you have taken to share this detailed review and the valuable comments you’ve provided in it. I have no doubts that your review will be of a great help for many travelers while making their decision to visit Live Aqua Cancun. Thank you for the warm words regarding our staff, food and general relaxing atmosphere, which we try to provide to our guests.

We are looking forward to welcome you back on many future occasions, which we will be happy to make very special for you.

Alfredo Santamaría

Been to Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive? Share your experiences!