“Excellent Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive

Save Saved
You added Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive to your Saves list
Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Boulevard Kukulcan Km. 12.5 Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #4 of 175 hotels in Cancun
Cornwall, Canada
“Excellent Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

The Hotel was terrific the staff were outstanding, their dedication to there quests go above and beyond your expectations. The Pool Manager Maru was very professional and made sure everyone around the pool was receiving excellent service. She also made sure the pool area was kept very clean and was quick to resolve our mix up with the time for our foot massage.
Our room was excellent and was cleaned twice a day. All of the staff are smiling, no passes you without saying hello. We have been traveling for over 30 years and Live Aqua we will definitly be going back again.....very soon I hope!!!

Room Tip: Ocean Front Deluxe Suite Great room, we sat out on the balcony every evening, the view was beautif...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
ManagerAQCU, General Manager at Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you very much for sharing with us this generous review about our work and our services, it's a great pleasure to know that your overall experience was enjoyable. I was most happy to read of your kind comments regarding the service you received.

We all are looking forward to this special honor of welcoming you back to Live Aqua Cancun.

3,728 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,266)
  • Korean first
Moline, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

What an awesome experience my Hubby and I had Feb 6-13. This resort is relaxing, entertaining, clean, & romantic! It's everything I had hoped it would be & more! From the view of the ocean from the beautiful room to the food at Siete (7) & Azur, everything is top notch!! The bartenders Santiago & Roger at the swim bar were a riot & all of the staff pay attention to detail. You can tell they are proud of the work they do. As we walked down the beach both ways you can't help but notice how clean the Live Aqua beach is compared to the others too. We are already talking to friends to plan a group trip for next year!! Thanks so much for a very memorable 20 year anniversary celebration!!

Room Tip: It depends on if you want to see the sunrise or sunset which side to face. They probably all have a...
Ocean Ridge, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

My overall summary is that Live Aqua is fantastic and in a great location. If I were to visit Cancun again I would definitely stay at Live Aqua and recommend to others (but not if this is a business trip and you will need to rely on your wireless!). Sorry - I write detailed and long reviews, but hopefully they are helpful!

Immediate Location: Location was further away from the super tourist section (aka Spring Break like) area near Coco Bongo, etc. but close enough for a very short taxi/bus. I like being a little further down the “Hotel Zone” as it seems less crowded and easier to escape Cancun for day trips. The ocean/Caribbean side will have amazing sunrises from your room. But for a beautiful sunset walk across the street to the shops or to the liquor or cigar shops which also have a few small tables on the patio for a quiet glass of wine and beautiful view of the sunset over the bay/lagoon.

Shopping - There are two huge and amazing shopping areas steps from the hotel mixed with restaurants and high end luxury shops (Cartier, Chanel, Gucci, etc), “average” American shops (Guess, Polo, Nike, etc) and then several local department stores and boutiques. This is your typical shopping mall visit… don’t expect haggling or bargaining with vendors like many other shopping markets and venues. Prices were about the same as what I would pay in the US. There is also a Starbucks where I was able to get very fast and free wireless internet access. Also across the street are several rental car desks (Avis, Hertz, etc), cigar store, liquor store, and a bank. TIP: Bring your passport to exchange money at the bank. The hotel itself had one average store with some cute bikinis, sun hats, cover-ups and tunics. They also had some basic flip flops, sandals, water shoes, lotions and toiletries.

Dining – For an all inclusive it was very good and I enjoyed most of the meals. However, if you venture outside of the hotel you will see a distinct difference (and improvement) when you actually pay for your dinner. Again, the hotel restaurants were good, but nothing wowed me. As I have seen with many all-inclusives, some of the flavor, consistency and quality gets lost when having to make food in high quantity. They seem to have a misunderstanding that all desserts should be some sort of gelatin consistency and lacking sweetness. Even a chocolate dessert was a bit gelatin like and not sweet, more real cocoa flavored. Maybe that is my American taste buds that is the issue :) Room Service was usually very prompt and good. The most casual (not bathing suit casual) was Siete, which was open the most (B, L and Dinner), had both menu and buffet dining and usually had availability. MB was a little dressier and usually had an hour or two wait and doesn’t take reservations.. I recommend putting your name on the list then heading to the bar or pool table in front of the restaurant for drinks. There are two reservations only restaurants located outside, which are very romantic and quaint on a nice evening. AZUR is great for a very casual lunch or a nice dinner as it overlooks the beach and has the menu and quality of food I liked best. The hotel store also has a small café with pastries and coffee. TIP – The best smoothies blended in front of you with your choice of fruits are at breakfast in Siete.

Nightlife – If you’re staying in the hotel for some fun you can hang out by the outdoor bar near Azur, or the bar and pool table area outside of MB or the nightclub Egos. Nothing inside the hotel is very dressy. There is also fun nightlife across the street at the shopping area restaurants and a short taxi down the hotel zone towards Coco Bongos.

GYM/Spa – Decent gym with several cardio machines, weight machines and free weights. Across from the gym is a small salon for hair or nails. The SPA is also across from the gym. The masseuses for the deep tissue and a Swedish massage were good, not the best, but still good. The spa sauna, and hot/cold pools were good… but I had to convince the spa attendant several times that I had no desire to get into the cold pool! My one issue was the “Relax Room” that you sit before and after your treatment was not relaxing at all! Very very very uncomfortable chairs, only one chair had a foot stool to put my feet up and you heard the constant opening and closing of other doors in the spa entry area

Pools/Beach – The beach is awesome soft clean sand and and very wide. A ton of seating with chairs and beds. I could walk down the beach for miles! The pools were also amazing! There are a lot of chairs, that of course people run down at 6am and reserve with towels. But if you’re on vacation then it’s worth it to spring the extra $85 and reserve one of the day beds for the afternoon! (TIP – If you upgrade to the suite the day bed is free each day.. totally worth the upgrade!) And you get a foot massage each day…. Bliss! There is also another small pool tucked to the side (the opposite end of Azur), that has a swim up bar and small restaurant on the sand.

Service – Every single person was pleasant, friendly and as helpful as possible. The one comment made by several people is if you asked a question, and they didn’t understand you, they would still smile and say Yes, No Problem… and you would later find out that they obviously didn’t understand you. I would prefer they tell me that they don't understand me and I will gladly move along and ask someone else.

Property – Gorgeous! Meticulous clean and manicured. You definitely felt like you were in a tropical resort! I loved loved loved the parrots (macaws?) they brought out in the afternoons. It was amazing to watch them in flight almost dancing together in the air! And I was able to take some pictures and feed them. Inside of the hotel was immaculate and very modern. They definitely did a good job creating a spa like and tranquil atmosphere. However, sometimes the aromatherapy was a bit overwhelming. The rooms were luxurious with the standard amenities. The views are amazing! The AC in our room didn’t work very well the first two days and was very loud, but miraculously fixed itself and was perfect the rest of the week. There is hallway noise, as noted in other reviews - I never understand why hotels add the super tight spring hinges to the doors that result in them slamming so hard that they wake up the entire floor! And the acoustics of the hallways result in most hallway traffic to amplify into your room.

Adventure – There are definitely a ton of fun adventures outside of the hotel. Directly across the street they had jet pack rentals, and looked like small boats, and jet skis. The hotel also has a great excursion desk to plan a day trip. However, my recommendation is to reserve a rental car the day before for pick up the first thing in the morning and drive to Tulum and Playa Del Carmen (very very easy… one road there and one road back). Go to Tulum first (if you drive fast like me it’s less than 90 minutes). Amazing and breathtaking ruins on cliffs over the ocean. You can spend about a half day there.. or an entire day if you linger at the vendors shops in front and you can also bring your suits and towel and hang on the gorgeous beach there. Or make a half day of it and then head back towards Playa Del Carmen. Park your rental car and spend the rest of the day walking along 5th avenue shopping and dining. There are a hundred different restaurants to have lunch or dinner. Personally, I Iove Playa hence I could spend days there and if you can fit it in, spend the night in Playa (El Taj or The Royal). About 45 minutes beyond Tulum is another amazing ruin, Coba (I don’t think you can fit Tulum, Coba and Playa in one afternoon) If you arrive at Coba as soon as they open you’ll feel as if you have the entire park to yourself! You’re still allowed to climb to the top of the huge ruin, which is amazing! (Tulum and Chichen Itza don’t allow you to touch the ruins). Also, there are tons of Cenotes that you’ll pass along the drive to/from Tulum… definitely stop at any of them!! If you want an entire day adventure, then you can do an excursion from the hotel or rent a car and go to Xplor. I typically avoid the major tourist parks when I travel, but we got lucky on this day. It was a little cooler and overcast, hence I think that deterred the normal crowds. Due to that, there were few lines and it was a great day! The caves and zip lines were fantastic! I'm in shape and I still got a good workout... a lot of walking and tons of stairs and steep walks for the zip lines. I don't recommend the zip line for anyone that has problems walking or climbing stairs. And I don't recommend the cave kayak paddle for anyone with back, elbow or shoulder issues.. its a workout! We took the tour bus from the hotel in the morning, but we finished early, about 330 and the bus wasn’t leaving until 530. It was only a $70 cab ride split between four people to return to Cancun! Totally worth it instead of waiting for the bus! We were back at our hotel, showered and having drinks in the bar when the rest of the people on the bus were finally returning around 7-ish! TIP – Xplor is a water park! You are wet all day… bring water shoes to wear all day - they sell them in hotel gift shop or in the shops across from hotel. I don't recommend flip flops for the tons of walking and zip lines. AND bring a change of clothes for ride home! I could write pages and pages of fun things to do and go around Cancun, Playa and Tulum, but I will add one last treat… and I almost hate to do it because its still undiscovered and not overrun with tourists! At the end of the hotel zone in Cancun… a short bus or taxi from the hotel is El Rey ruins. It’s not a huge tourist destination and you could drive past it a dozen times and not notice it! You won’t see humongous towering ruins like Tulum, Chichen Itza or Coba, but it’s almost better because the ruins here are full access! You can walk on them and explore all you want! Go in the morning before other people arrive. There is a small entry fee and most important.. bring lots and lots and lots of bananas! You’ll see tons of iguanas. As you walk deeper into the ruins, find a spot to sit down and then gently throw bits of bananas out… soon you’ll be surrounded by dozens of huge iguanas! Great photos and fun!

BUSINESS – They have a minimalistic but functional business center – but you’re on vacation so who cares! However, plan on being almost totally disconnected from the world since their wireless internet is the worst I have ever experienced in any hotel ever! And everyone I spoke with agreed! It didn’t matter where in the hotel I tried to connect on my iphone or laptop I couldn’t even pick up their wifi or it was so slow it was useless. Come on Live Aqua.. Upgrade this - there have been other reviews mentioning this… get it together. It’s a very frustrating situation for all of your guests when they need to quickly check on family or work (or facebook :-)!!! We even asked for an ethernet cord to try to connect to the wall and that didn’t work. The best connection was when I went across the street to Starbucks! I connected immediately to a fast and free wireless!

TIPS – Don’t be afraid to rent a car! Yes, driving is a bit scary, but if you’re alert (and buy the rental insurance!) then you’ll have a great time exploring outside of Cancun. While most places accept American dollars, I don’t recommend paying with the Dollar unless you are very quick with calculating conversion in your head…. Most prices will be given to you in Pesos.. if you ask how much in dollars who knows if they are rounding up or not. More importantly, if you pay in American dollars you will always get change in pesos and you will usually get shortchanged! I recommend using credit cards or converting at the bank near the hotel. Also, before you leave the US, get at least $100 in US dollar bills… they are great for tips in restaurants, taxis, airport, etc. LAST TIP – YES, YOU SHOULD DEFINITELY TIP BARTENDERS, SERVERS, ROOM SERVICE, SPA ATTENDANTS, POOL ATTENDANTS, ETC IN AN ALL INCLUSIVE HOTEL!

Room Tip: If you will spend a lot of time at the pool or beach, I recommend the suite upgrade since it should...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking your time and giving us this detailed review to many of the services we have to offer to our guests. It’s a pleasure to know that this experience was a very positive one, highlighted by our great service, excellent location and selection of food.

We appreciate your constructive criticism as this is our source for growth and perfection. I am sure that your feedback will serve as an encouragement to our team, as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

We are looking forward to welcome you back to Live Aqua Cancun.

State College, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We stayed at Live Aqua at the end of January. The hotel was very nice. We were offered a drink and a hand massage as we checked in. Our room was very nice, but the view was a little of the beach in front of the hotel, and a empty lot.
I think the hand massage is to get you interested in more massages, with a twist for you to go to a presentation. The front desk called in the morning to give us a free perfume sample.
When you go to collect this, they offer you a free massage if you go to a 90 minute presentation.
I really enjoyed the hotel, the food was very good, and the staff was very nice.
Having been to a couple different all inclusives, this one was a little different. There was not much entertainment, which is probably because it is safe to travel around outside the resort, where there are restaurants and night clubs.

Room Tip: Since all the rooms face the beach, I think the best is to ave a room away from the elevator and the...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
hgoldman77
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I could write a very long review but what's the point? Would you read it? So I'll try to be brief and hit as many points as your and my attention span will allow:
It's a great place to go with friends because there's not much entertainment to speak of and it's a big hotel with lots of guests I'd rather not know. Some of them smoke large cigars and a lot of them smoke cigarettes at the pool. Some people also smoked in their rooms. Each room has a balcony and that's where people should smoke if they have to. The hotel needs to outlaw cigars at the pool and limit cigarette smoking to a designated area. The hotel also should regulate a practice that's out of control: people getting up at 7 a.m. to reserve and spread towels on poolside and beach loungers that they may or may not use later in the day. Management has to monitor these lounges and open them to people who need to use them when they remain vacant for an hour or so.
The complex of infinity pools is fabulous with different water temperatures and a view of the beach and ocean beyond that can't be beat. The beach is also well kept and filled with beds and lounge chairs and umbrellas, a spectacular place to bake in the sun. There's volleyball, ping pong, and wave-riders available. You can book parasailing and all kinds of excursions to Mayan ruins and Isla Mujeres. The poolside service was superb, except for the fact that no one policed the pigs who spread towels on benches and then never used them.
Breakfasts are superb especially huevos rancheros and tacos and green juice ...The buffet has all one could possibly desire. Lunches are also pretty good, and dinners are hit and miss, with chefs' overly ambitious menus. My advice would be to stick to the simplest food available, grilled meat and fish. Avoid anything with lots of sauces and preparation. We had an all-inclusive plan. It was a great deal, with all you could drink and eat, and from the looks of it, people were taking advantage of it with lots of action at the several bars, including a swim-up bar in a giant hot tub that was great fun. It cost extra to eat at the lobster-steak grill and it was worth it. The food and ambiance were great, as was the service. A special shout-out to Oscar, the manager of Siete at night who had the chef prepare the Mayan grilled or baked fish Tikin xic for four of us, which was superb. It was service way beyond the call of duty and Oscar really made the trip extra-memorable, for which he deserves the highest praise.
The hotel was clean, the rooms were clean, although the bathtub looked like it could use an extra-scrubbing with bleach. We didn't use it. The shower was excellent. The beds were very comfortable. The flat screen tv was fine but we would have enjoyed a few more US entertainment channels such as NBC, CBS and ABC. All the rooms look out upon the beautiful ocean and beach. The grounds are well landscaped with trees and bushes. Cancun is hardly an aesthetic wonder with its overly built up unplanned crowd of hotels, but this remained a restful place even though it's large and attracted a clientele of several hundred during the five days in February we were there.
The spa is fabulous. It's gorgeous. It's clean. It's well appointed and the attendants and masseuses are great. I had three massages there, three of the best I've ever had in my life. The spa also has great showers, a hot whirlpool bath, a cold plunge pool, and all kinds of facilities for different spa treatments. It's great.
The place is near the airport, which is a major advantage over going to a nicer, more trendy spot like Playa del Carmen or Tulum. You jump off the plane and within 20 minutes of exiting the airport you're at the hotel. Beware of the Cancun hustle, people selling you tours and time shares and every manner of flimflam and BS...We actually did agree to a 90 minute presentation in return for two free massages at the spa. It was worth it, but only because we cut off the presentation at 90 minutes, and didn't permit them to kidnap us for a minute longer. If you submit to that torture, do it early in the a.m., and be sure to take advantage of your early wake-up to reserve some lounges at the pool.
Bottom line: I would go again, with my friends. Eat a lot at bfast and lunch, because dinner is likely to be not so great. 24-hour room service, free on the all-inclusive, is probably nice, but we didn't try it. I was quite happy with the place, which was less expensive and nicer in several ways than Le Blanc in Cancun, where we stayed last year.

Room Tip: All the rooms are fine. Ask a restaurant if they could prepare Tikin xic (grilled fish)‎ for you som...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Allow me to take this opportunity to express my gratitude for your review and recommendations which help all the TripAdvisor community. I am very glad to know that we have impressed you with our service, restaurants and selection of food. Comments like yours, with details on what made your stay so memorable are always welcome with great enthusiasm by every staff member, as it is our inspiration for success and new achievements.

Thank you again for your wonderful review and recommendations, our entire team is looking forward to welcome you back, ready to make every effort to provide you with another pleasurable experience.

Jefferson City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We just recently returned from an 8 day trip to Live Aqua. The service was exceptional. The resort is staffed properly, so we were never waiting on a staff member to find us. The rooms were great, comfortable beds, great views. I suggest the Tierra Suite, cost a little more, but my wife loved the extra balcony. Food was better than we expected for an All-Inclusive. We can't wait to go back

Room Tip: Tierra Suites are great
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I have to say... I've stayed at many different All Inclusive resorts in my 24 years traveling to Mexico. This is by far, my FAVORITE!!! I can't say enough, how much fun I had on this trip! Let me break it down for you.

Check In/Check Out;

This was a breeze! When we arrived, we were able to check in very quickly. I arrived in Cancun at 10 am, I was at the check in desk by 11am. I'm use to having to wait for a room when arriving so soon. However, this wasn't the case here. We arrived at 11am and we were in our room by 11:15am!!

The lobby smelled very nice! I loved this feature of the resort. Everywhere you went you smell this nice aroma.

WOW, the food was awesome!! This was by far the best food that I've ever eaten at an All-Inclusive resort! They really hit the nail on the head when it comes to food. The service was also very good. My drink never went empty. Of course I had all of my favorite bar tenders and wait staff. All of which called me out by name and even went looking for me every day. If I wasn't at the swim up bar one day to take a break over by the other pool, the guys went looking for me saying they miss seeing me over there, and that I needed to bring the party to them. I LOVED that!!

Rooms;

All very nice! I've stayed at this resort 3 times now. Let me tell you, I'm never unhappy with my room. Of course I've tried different room styles. However, the lowest room is still beautiful. You won't be disappointed!

Night Life;

Okay, so the night life was lacking. However, it is what you make of it. I found that just making a few new friends at the pool bar during the day... makes for a nice evening. Is there a disco onsite at this resort? No, however, there is a nice bar that plays good music. It is only open on the weekends, which I didn't understand. I guess you could say, this is one of the down sides of this resort. Oh well.... I still love the place.

All in all, this is a great resort. It is now my favorite on the Cancun Strip! I will be checking out the Hard Rock Cancun in a few months.... but I still think there will always be a place in my heart for the Live Aqua Cancun! I will be back!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
ManagerAQCU, General Manager at Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you for your review of your recent stay and your loyalty to our hotel. Your feedback is very important for us and it is my regret that we were not able to meet your expectations, one of our main objectives is the satisfaction of our guests needs and exceed their expectations during every visit. Comments like yours motivate us constantly to do our best to maintain the quality of the service we provide and to improve every day. For us is really important your feedback and is heart warming to realize that our dedication is in the right path, as our goal is not only to make our guests return but to make them feel more comfortable each time and to notice the improvements in our services.

We really appreciate your review and we hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Alfredo Santamaría

Been to Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive? Share your experiences!