“LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive

Save Saved
You added Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive to your Saves list
Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Boulevard Kukulcan Km. 12.5 Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #2 of 172 hotels in Cancun
Atlanta, Georgia
“LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I have to say... I've stayed at many different All Inclusive resorts in my 24 years traveling to Mexico. This is by far, my FAVORITE!!! I can't say enough, how much fun I had on this trip! Let me break it down for you.

Check In/Check Out;

This was a breeze! When we arrived, we were able to check in very quickly. I arrived in Cancun at 10 am, I was at the check in desk by 11am. I'm use to having to wait for a room when arriving so soon. However, this wasn't the case here. We arrived at 11am and we were in our room by 11:15am!!

The lobby smelled very nice! I loved this feature of the resort. Everywhere you went you smell this nice aroma.

WOW, the food was awesome!! This was by far the best food that I've ever eaten at an All-Inclusive resort! They really hit the nail on the head when it comes to food. The service was also very good. My drink never went empty. Of course I had all of my favorite bar tenders and wait staff. All of which called me out by name and even went looking for me every day. If I wasn't at the swim up bar one day to take a break over by the other pool, the guys went looking for me saying they miss seeing me over there, and that I needed to bring the party to them. I LOVED that!!

Rooms;

All very nice! I've stayed at this resort 3 times now. Let me tell you, I'm never unhappy with my room. Of course I've tried different room styles. However, the lowest room is still beautiful. You won't be disappointed!

Night Life;

Okay, so the night life was lacking. However, it is what you make of it. I found that just making a few new friends at the pool bar during the day... makes for a nice evening. Is there a disco onsite at this resort? No, however, there is a nice bar that plays good music. It is only open on the weekends, which I didn't understand. I guess you could say, this is one of the down sides of this resort. Oh well.... I still love the place.

All in all, this is a great resort. It is now my favorite on the Cancun Strip! I will be checking out the Hard Rock Cancun in a few months.... but I still think there will always be a place in my heart for the Live Aqua Cancun! I will be back!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
ManagerAQCU, General Manager at Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you for your review of your recent stay and your loyalty to our hotel. Your feedback is very important for us and it is my regret that we were not able to meet your expectations, one of our main objectives is the satisfaction of our guests needs and exceed their expectations during every visit. Comments like yours motivate us constantly to do our best to maintain the quality of the service we provide and to improve every day. For us is really important your feedback and is heart warming to realize that our dedication is in the right path, as our goal is not only to make our guests return but to make them feel more comfortable each time and to notice the improvements in our services.

We really appreciate your review and we hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

4,150 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,419)
  • Korean first
Appleton, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

The resort has a beautiful setting and a convenient location, but for a resort with this high of a rating it is not of the quality that is being stated - we are currently in our fourth day day of a seven day stay and the "high speed" Internet that is supposed to available in all of the rooms and common areas is non-existent, the air conditioner in our room has not worked properly since we arrived and now the water in the shower just quits running in the middle of a shower. The water issue has occured with others we are traveling with along with everyone confirming the problems with the Internet ........ The food is exceptional but the service in most cases is lousy with one great exception, and that is because of how great of a server that Fernando is in the Azur restaurant.
The property is average at best and that is because of the quality of the food.

Minnesota, Twin Cities
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Our week-long stay at the LIVE AQUA was absolutely fantastic. The service (staff), food/drinks, ocean, room (and room service) were well beyond our expectations. My partner has been to all-inclusive resorts and said this was the best he has ever been to. It was worth every penny. Be sure to bring lots of dollars for tipping. It feels good to be generous here. The staff works VERY hard to make sure that the grounds, building, rooms are clean and that everyone's needs are being met. If you are a kind, gracious guest, you'll get kind, gracious service. The meals were amazing and I left feeling extremely spoiled and pampered. We witness some guests being rude or breaking things with no true apology. Some people obviously have more growing up to do and learn some basic manners. Overall this was the most relaxing, decadent, luxurious, effortless vacation I've ever had in my life. The loving, kind people at Live Aqua made that happen and I'm deeply thankful for all their wonderful attentiveness. WE LOVED OUR STAY!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review. It is a pleasure for me to know that your experience at Live Aqua Cancun exceeded your expectations; our number one priority is to make every guest experience exceptional and unique as it can be, thank you for letting us know how memorable and special was your staying with us.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

Spent 4 days 3 nights here with a large group. From the time we walked in, until we boarded the bus back to the airport it was all first class. Rooms are spacious, modern and clean. Food was Very good. Could have used some additional places to eat breakfast (just 1 restaurant open). Drinks were good, but regular margaritas were Way too tart, so just order Gold ones. Would be nice if they carried a bit more top shelf alcohol....also, No Coronas?? Flank and tuna steak at Azure were fabulous! Service was great. Always staff around if you needed something.

• Stayed February 2013
ManagerAQCU, General Manager at Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you for sharing your review of your recent stay in Live Aqua Cancun. We're happy to hear we exceeded your expectations and we were able to provide a fantastic stay for your entire group. We strive to distinguish our service by giving importance to little details and anticipation of our guests’ needs and desires and it's wonderful to know that it made your vacation a truly unique experience.

We are looking forward to welcome you back and make every effort to exceed your expectations.

Gibsonia PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

My husband and I were at LA from 2/3-2/7 for the first time. I bought the trip for him as a Christmas gift and we celebrated our 24th Anniversary while we were there. As I do with every trip, I researched it extensively beforehand. It was exactly what I was looking for and more....an upscale adults only resort with great service and atmosphere.

We arrived in Cancun on a nonstop flight from Pittsburgh in 4 hours (and gained an hour! bonus) so, we got to the hotel at 12:00noon and our room was ready, we were on the beach by 12:45. I had booked an Ocean Front Deluxe room and we had a credit to upgrade--two suites were available to upgrade to-- one was an extra $500.00(for our 4 night stay) this was on the 8th floor (8007) it was two rooms separated by a door. The one room had a king size bed, bathroom plenty of closet/drawer space, TV and a balcony. On the other side of the door, was another bath identical to the one in the bedroom, and a living room area with sectional couch, flat screen TV, table and chairs and a separate balcony. Both rooms also had stocked fridges. This also included access to the 5th floor Aqua Lounge and a Beach Cabana each day. This is the one we decided on. The other option was an extra $800. This included the cabana and Aqua Lounge as well. The difference being it was one large room with a free standing jacuzzi tub and a larger terrace. These rooms are located on the north and south ends of the building. Our room was almost dead center and the view was spectacular!!! On another note, we were right across from the elevator and never heard a sound.

The staff and service were all very professional and always there to accommodate your needs. We never had a problem with the towel cards, even on days we did not have them with us. We spent every day at the pool/beach and never heard a complaint from any of the guests. We even met a travel agent from Indiana who said this is one of the best in Cancun, she has been coming here and sending clients for years. We always tipped as needed and never felt it was expected.

The food was delicious as well. We have been to many AI's, and this food was the best by far. I loved the "no reservation" concept and not having the typical "theme" restaurants each night. We did the lobster/steak restaurant on our anniversary. This is $60 pp, we had a $60 credit for this as well. Even if we didn't it was sooo nice! Tucked away in the mangroves with a pool and twinkle lights was so perfect and intimate. Grilled 6oz lobster was very good as was the steak which my husband ordered with his lobster. We travel to Maine and Boston often, and it may not be the typical steamed lobster, but it was darn good ;)
They also made a special dessert for our anniversary and brought it out at the end of our meal. And, I thought the Sauvignon Blanc was very good. I usually drink Pinot Grigio, but they did not have that. No Problem! I'm not a wine snob.

We did use the Aqua Lounge for the gorgeous sunsets! where you can sit outside on the balcony that overlooks the bay and enjoy a cocktail!
They also had a pretty decent cappuccino that I would get in the mornings.

But the coolest find was the Sea Corner for lunch!! Located right below the swim up bar. It's an outside bar/restaurant with the menu posted on a sandwich board each day. The best fish taco's and ceviche! Frozen Margaritas and the view of the caribean with the wind in your hair!
It didn't get any better :)

Pools were beautiful and we always found one or more that were warm! The swim up bar was the warmest of them all, but, I'm not a huge fan so we didn't spend much time in there. Beaches are beautiful too. Nice white sand and long stretches, unlike Riveria Maya where you're not always sure what the beach will be like.
We had a cabana each day with our room but their always seemed to be loungers and the staff always willing to find space for you too, as they did the day we arrived.

This trip was about relaxing and we got it at Live Aqua! We didn't miss the party scene. Don't get me wrong...we've enjoyed those too when we go with friends and family. But this is want we were looking for, and we will definitely be back.

Never used the Spa....the weather was just to perfect to be indoors. Just wish I had scheduled one of the free 10min foot massages... Next Time!

If I had to recommend any changes, it would be to upgrade the coffee carafes in the rooms to a Keurig style machine with paper cups. We've all seen to many 20/20 episodes of cleaning the coffee makers in hotel rooms right???

Go and enjoy, when someone is waiting on you all day, how can you really complain :)

West Conshohocken, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We loved this hotel - it was gorgeous and peaceful. We had a small problem with our room, but it was fixed the next day by management. I used the spa and it was a relaxing and zen experience. Ernesto hit two days after we arrived and we could have cared less! We had our own hurricane party at the bar and even enjoyed a few drinks out in the rain "pre-Ernesto"...AWESOME TIME! Thanks Aqua Live!

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

My wife and I just returned from Live Aqua it was one of our best experiences in Cancun. Service and quality were impeccable. Definitely the most friendly and helpful staff we have seen in Cancun. Rooms were well laid out and spacious with a eye pleasing decor. Food was fantastic and fresh, the hotel was immaculate, fitness room was great, beach and ocean were beautiful and landscape was well done. We will return.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive? Share your experiences!