“Great place to stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive

You added Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive to your Saves list
Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Boulevard Kukulcan Km. 12.5 Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Hamden, Connecticut
“Great place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Live Aqua was an excellent place to stay in Cancun. The pools and beach were lovely. The rooms were nice and well kept. That staff was super friendly and went out of their way to make our stay pleasant. Fernando, a waiter at Azur was the best! He went out of his way to make our stay enjoyable and made us some delicious desserts! He gave us the VIP treatment! The food was very good at all the restaurants...service was excellent!

There were not enough activities in my opinion for guest to take part in especially on a rainy day. Hence the "Very Good" rating.

Special shout outs to Fernando, Elvis, Jesus, & Leonil!! All the staff were great and made our trip very enjoyable!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,586)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

My mother, aunt and I just returned from a great trip to Cancun, Mexico. We stayed at Live Aqua for a week and had a fabulous stay. The staff were all SOOO nice and always had smiles on their faces. They were very attentive and made sure we were always comfortable. They go out of their way to help - for instance, I asked one of the restaurant greeters where I could get change for dollars into pesos and instead of just telling me where, she ran off and found change for me and brought it right to our table. The restaurants were nice - had a lot of selection. And if you wanted a combination of things, the chef would make it for you. Our favorite place for breakfast was Siete - the breakfast buffet, which had everything - mexican food, pastries, cereal, eggs, waffles, fruit, etc. We loved Azur for dinner. Our waiter, Fernando, was excellent! We talked to him for a while and learned a lot about the Mexican culture and his own family, which was really nice. The lifeguards were also very nice - Lionel made me and my mom/aunt artistic decorations out of seashells and they always built sand creations every morning. The hotel is right across from a big mall, which has luxuary stores but also tourist-y stores where you can buy small knick-knacks and soviengers. The spa at the hotel was very relaxing - a bit pricy but I would recommend it to anyone traveling, especially on a rainy day. The only downside of Live Aqua was not having many activities - especially during bad weather. We had 2 days of rain and the hotel did not offer anything to do other than a movie. I stayed at another resort in Mexico last year and they had arts and crafts, trivia / games, food tasting sessions, etc. We were pretty bored on the rainy days we had so just ended up shopping and spending more money. Overrall though, I would recommend this hotel to anyone. It was a great stay and very relaxing!!

Room Tip: We reserved a garden view room because the price was signifigantly cheaper and ended up getting a si...

I've been staying at Live Aqua since they opened. ADULTS ONLY
They have since perfected their service. I have stayed there 4 times and am returning next week and cannot wait. Every staff member is exceptional. Oscar Martinez at the front desk has been instrumental in my returning from the very first stay. Nancy Pierce has also made my vacation there even more tranquil. There are far too many members / employees at this peaceful property to mention, but rest assured, from your arrival where the doors are opened for you to the welcoming hand massage and hassle free check in to the aromatherapy and the pillow menu, iphone docking station, luxury shampoo, ocean view, bar service, top shelf liquour, cabana treatment, foot massage, restaurant service, and the extraordinary food - let me tell you - best food in Cancun!!! You will not find another resort with better food! Very impressed! Room service is really wonderful too and unlike many hotels, the food is different and not the same as the restaurants. It's unique and yummmmmmy. The coffee bar is where I like to frequent. Soy latte, please. But keep in mind the bars have top shelf liquour as well. I requested something not typically kept at the Pool level bar and not only did they stock the bar for me, the bartender had a bucket waiting in my room for me fully stocked as well. Wow! That was nice! Talk about feeling special.
Centrally located in Hotel Zone - right across the street from Las Isla Shopping Mall - with a movie theater and a Starbucks. Oh and lots more. Very nice. On the lagoon. Competitive pricing without the hassle. Although on my last trip, I never found a need to go there. Also, not far from Aqua World where many tours go out.
The Spa is very nice and treatment is top notch. Hot tub, cold plunge, steam and sauna. I'm sorry, did you need anything else? Oh they have a full menu. LOL. Enjoy. And the gym is steps away with great equipment. Not huge, but I've not had a problem getting on any of the machines. There's some newer modern stuff there with an instructor and plenty of classes. The ellipticals and treadmills have plugs for mp3's and they even have TV's on them with English channels as most TV is in Cancun. 1/2 and 1/2 on the channels.
The property is not huge, but not small. Who wants to walk for 10 minutes to get from here to there, anyway? Not me and most certainly, not in the Caribbean weather.
The beach is marked well. It is very swimmable beach. I prefer the view from the infiniti pools or the multitude of cabanas or chairs available. Again, the service is excellent and friendly. The music is subtle. When it is not enchancing drift off to sleep music, it is still pleasant and the most updated popular music is still at a charming volume. It is easy to lull off to sleep or to get involved at the "party pool". Snacks and meals are abundant during the day with many choices. Personally I like chips and guac delivered poolside. OK. I go for the food. Hahaha. And everything else. In other words, it's not just a vacation, it's an experience. It's one I am addicted to now and cannot go backwards. We cannot stay anywhere less than this fabulous destination.
Thank you all for your attentiveness. It works!

Jessica & Mel (from Las Vegas - where we know service!)

Pay attention to the song / video (Wear Sunscreen) - it's a lifetime favorite and frequents the video on the TV there.

Room Tip: They are all great rooms. Fifth Floor is a special added touch. A great view and specialized servi...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Cork
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

My husband and I and our 21 and 22 year old daughters just spent a week at Live Aqua. It was wonderful and exceeded our expectations in every way. We loved the spa theme- from the hand massage at check in to the aromatherapy throughout to the luxurious beds by the pool and beach. Service by the pool was amazing. The staff are outstanding. In particular Julio, Jesus, Martha, David, Ixshel and Roger. Anna at check in was lovely and accommodated our request. Concierge staff also outstanding. And the food was excellent. The breakfast buffet was fantastic, Sea corner and Azur were excellent for lunch. MB was a treat for dinner, the piano player a lovely touch. And the new Asian experience at the Secret Garden was also excellent as was Azur for dinner. My family loved the beach buffet during the fire show as well. We highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
ManagerAQCU, General Manager at Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you very much for taking your time to share with all of us this review; it’s a privilege to know that Live Aqua Cancun lives up to your expectations in every aspect of the most relaxing vacation: food and beverage selection, facilities and spa, and certainly, the service, which is the greatest and probably most important element of our resort.

Thank you so much for your kind words and recommendations for future travelers, we are looking forward to the opportunity to welcome you back. Do not hesitate to contact us for any pre-arrival arrangements.

Warmest regards,
Alfredo Santamaría
royal oak mi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

This was my second trip to the Live Aqua in 10 months and it was just as beautiful as the first, the food was wonderful and the service was exceptional. They now have a coffee shop and a new restaurant called, Hidden Garden which is Asian style; food was delish!!

A special shout out to Jesus, the Towel Boy! Ceaser, the Bar Tender and, Hosea, the pool Waiter. OUTSTANDING job!!!! You made us feel like a million bucks.

"HI" to all my friends in Connecticut.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

We highly recommend paying for the upgrade to stay on the fifth floor. Take full advantage of the aqua because Gerardo Saavedra Rodriguez aka "Jerry" will make you the best marguerita you have ever had guarenteed! He gives absolutely the best service you could imagine! If you need anything just ask "Jerry" and he will make it happen. Restaurants are excellent, pools and spa are second to none and the resort itself is all first class all the way.

• Stayed January 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

Few words to recommend this amazing hotel. It makes you feel like a VERY special guest. Luxury, comfort, food quality and variety (both mexican and international), service exceeded expectations, beautiful beach, best location (la isla mall and bars across the street as well as car rental).
The price you pay seems high, until you live the experience! It is totally worth and you will want to return.
There is music and fun all around, and you will never get bored. You won't want to leave..

• Stayed December 2012

Been to Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive? Share your experiences!