Just returned from our first trip to Live Aqua and Cancun. This is definitely a top quality all inclusive. If you are looking for a tranquil, relaxing, spa-like vacation with good food and excellent service, this is the place for you. If you are looking for "the party scene," you may want to stay somewhere else.
Rooms - We did pay extra for an oceanfront room and I think it was well worth it. They originally had us on the 2nd floor, but accommodated our request for a higher floor. We enjoyed room service for breakfast almost every day, which was set up right in front of our doorway to the balcony. The housekeeping staff was excellent and visited our room more than once daily to ensure a full mini bar and fresh towels. Leave your beach bag at home...they have one there for you in addition to flip flops. The beds were comfortable and the pillows were plentiful.
Pool and Beach - The pools were very nice and varied in temperature (with some being heated). Cabanas had to be reserved and were $90 per day unless you had an upgraded room. We didn't feel the need to have one given the temperatures being in the low 80s this time of year, and the cabanas really don't shade you greatly from the sun and somewhat obstruct the nice ocean breeze. There were plenty of lounge chairs by the pool, but like everywhere the earlier you get out in the morning to claim your spot, the better location you get. We didn't realize until the 2nd day that you didn't have to reserve the cushioned double bed type loungers, which were much more comfortable than the chairs. Not sure what the deal is with the beach towels...you are only permitted one per person and have a "towel" ticket you have to hand in and then retrieve when you hand in your towel each day. We found out later in the week, that if you go toward the pool bar side of the pool there is no limit, and towels are stacked on a rack for guests to freely use. The service on that side of the pool was much better as well. The beach was also very nice, but due to the cold water temp and wind, we stayed by the pool each day.
Food - Although I think they can do a better job explaining the locations and offerrings of the various dining options, we figured everything out by Day 2. Overall, the food was consistently very good. The Hidden Garden (reservations needed), which I understand usually serves tapas and fondue, was serving an Asian flare menu the week we were there. The ambiance, food and service was superb. We also ate at MB two nights. Or waiter, Alejandro, was excellent and the food was impeccable. We also paid $120 extra to eat at Inlaak'kech Lobster and Grill (reservations also needed) as it was our 25th anniversary. The setting was romantic and the food was well worth the extra price. The grilled filet and lobster tails (all you can eat) were delicioso! Our waiter, Angel, was also superb, friendly and entertaining. I will always remember the taste of his flaming coffee, which he promised would not keep me awake ...and it didn't.
Spa - I have to give the spa and its staff a standing ovation. I had a resort credit so treated myself to the Fusion massage. It was the most relaxing 2 hours I have spent in a long time. Victoria gives the best massages ever!!!
Overall - If you are looking to unwind in the sun, drink, eat and experience great service, without kids running around, this is the place to go! ENJOY
- Also Known As:
- Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive Hotel Cancun
- Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive Hotel
- Aqua Cancun
- Cancun Aqua Hotel
- Aqua Hotel Cancun
- Fiesta Americana Grand Aqua
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Live Aqua Cancun, a welcoming place, where being is the first part of feeling. Your senses work together. It's a prism of colors, eclectic rhythms, and seductive details. Enjoy the fusion of idyllic days and energizing nights. It is a monument to your arrival to this Cancun Spa Resort. This sophisticated beachfront resort lies along white sand beaches, across the street from La Isla Shopping Mall and walking distance from some of the best restaurants and shopping malls in the city. Exotic drinks, barefoot luxury and activities overlooking the resort's 8 infiniti pools are just part of the exquisite details within our All Inclusive concept. Music worships you at every step, with changes in rhythms that match the emotions you feel and the space around you. The sound is never the same, but always relaxing, exciting and harmonic. Arriving, leaving, just belonging makes you sigh with peace. The Aqua aroma seeps into every nook and cranny up to the sky, down to the sea. Return to yourself. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Amex, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Priceline, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.