“Had a wonderful time...would definately return!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive

You added Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive to your Saves list
Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Boulevard Kukulcan Km. 12.5 Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
LoveTheBeach63
“Had a wonderful time...would definately return!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Traveled from Nov 7-14, 2012. Loved the resort! Booked a garden view, had a partial ocean view with vacant lot next door. Arrived for our 30th Anniversary to rosebuds on bed with wine and chocolate strawberries in our room and two other times we were welcomed with a cake to help celebrate. Thank you! Loved the aromatherapy throughout the resort and relaxed atmosphere with no children! Bartenders were exceptional especially Roger at the swing bar! They prepared a special lunch just for our group of 14. It was the Chicken Mole at the Azur Restaurant. It was WONDERFUL!! Thank you!! The lobby bar was exceptional also, I think the bartenders name was Cesaer. He always remembered who we were and what we wanted! The swim up bar was our camp hangout and loved the mattresses to relax on and the heated pool. The service was spotty there sometimes waiting longer to be acknowledged. The food was exceptional to poor. Loved the room service and Sushi! The MB was fairly cold food, but good. The Azur was hit and miss. We waited 3 1/2 hours from arrival to leaving one night, but other nights was exceptional. Friends loved the spa and massage. We booked a private 14 person Catamaran trip with FunJet and enjoyed that even though the captain felt we didn't tip enough, The Coffee Shop was a nice touch to all inclusive! The heated swim up pool was sometimes TOO hot and other pools were freezing. Try to find a happy medium! The ocean was specular, clean with some days calm and other days rough surf. Enjoyed the turtle sanctuary and the experience of releasing the turtles at dusk! Maid service was exceptional with turn down service at night. We enjoyed that the resort wasn't full so we didn't have to fight for dinner tables or lounge chairs. Overall we would definitely return and enjoyed the week we spent with you for the money we spent!! Thanks again!!

Room Tip: Didn't book the upgrade but would consider it next time if the price was right!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,585)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I stayed at Live Aqua from Nov 10-14, and the 3rd time I've been in Cancun in the past 2 years. I LOVE the staying in the hotel zone, and was traveling with 2 other couples. I will try to point out the "highs and lows" from my point of view.

The moment we walked in, you get that strong minty smell...it's definiately strong but I loved it! It felt like I had just brushed my teeth. That aroma was all over the hotel. The lady at check in was to be desired however. She did not smile or try to make small talk..she was really dry. We were escorted to our room by Victor. He was very friendly and welcoming....

The Room: we stayed in the gardenview room which was on the ground level. I've stayed in an oceanfront room before in my previous stays in Cancun and if it's your first time, I'd say to upgrade. But the room was nice and basic. The pillows and sheets were very comfortable and it was cleaned 2 times a day! The bathroom was more than I expected...it had a soaking tub, huge vanity, and huge shower. I was very impressed. The fridge was stocked daily with soda, beer and snacks.

Food/drinks: The food is was better than expected. My favorite dishes was the grilled picana at MB, flank stank at Siete and chicken linguini at Azur for dinner. For lunch they had a "sea corner" that had seafood tacos, tostados, and ceviche. The cecviche was perfect with the shrimp tacos. The wine bar was serving watermelon mojitos and they were amazing...Not only was the food good the servers at the resturants/bars were also fabulous. Fernando at Azur was everyone favorite. Even when he wasn't waiting on us, he made sure to come over to say hello and made sure we were all taken care of! Also, Luis at MB was very attentive as well. The bartenders at Ego were impeccable! They made sure our glasses were never empty and made us shots to try.

Pool/Beach: the pool is amazing...I'm not much of pool person though. My only surprise was that there was only one small hot tub. After 3, it was always packed! However, while I'm in Cancun I'm there for the beach. Can't go wrong with the beach on the hotel zone! The water is that special kind of teal. I was in Hawaii in May, and let me tell you...the beach is AHHHMAAZZING in Cancun! Not to say the beaches in Hawaii weren't great...but I just love the white powder sand, the color of the Carribean, and the warm waters. My husband calls me a "beach snob"...but it is what it is! I never had a hard time finding a beach chair or beach chairs for the 6 of us together. The lifeguards Loenel and Sulma were great and friendly. Our favorite beach waitor was Andres who knew his drinks. We just told him to keep it coming and he did! He brought us different drinks to try and we'd tell him if we liked it or not, and if we did he'd bring it back. If you go, ask him for a SHOT in the Grass...my new favorite shot!

All in all, would I go back to Live Aqua...in a heartbeat! Also great that there are no kids there when you are traveling with a group of friends in our early 30's.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
ManagerAQCU, General Manager at Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you very much for this detailed and wonderful review. It’s a pleasure to know that this experience was a very positive one, highlighted by our great service and selection of food. For us is really important your feedback and is heart warming to realize that our dedication is in the right path, as our goal is not only to make our guests return but to make them feel more comfortable each time and to notice the improvements in our services.

Thank you again for all your kind comments. We are looking forward to your next visit, do not hesitate to contact us for any pre-arrival arrangement.

Warmest regards,
Shelton, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We were so lucky to vacation at Live Aqua. My husband and I wanted to relax and as soon as you entered the hotel lobby we felt any stress released quickly. Everybody was warm and friendly. The hotel truly had a feel of a calming spa with the light scent of mint and beautiful music throughout the hallways. The outside grounds were meticulously maintained. We loved relaxing at the many poolsides or swimming in the ocean. The area is safe and you are able to go shopping at the malls nearby or take transportation to downtown easily. The restaurants were all great and MB is very topnotch. We want to especially thank our waiter Alfredo O in the restaurant Siete. He made our stay so wonderful and our our last night surprised us with a meal designed just for us. We were very touched by this gesture. We look forward to returning next year.

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

The first thing you will notice is that this is a modern sunny hotel. The buildings all painted white with the sun coming through, with a lot of windows, great look. Service was always great. The food was very good, even for an all inclusive resort. At the pools you can virtually be as alone as you want, or as involved with the crowd as you want, that's well planned is the resort. I liked the resort so much that I anticipate taking an incentive group of 120 people here in 2014.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

This vacation ranks as one of the best and most relaxing that I've ever had!! The staff at Live Aqua was awesome, particularly Candy and Miriam. One of the reasons for traveling to Cancun was to see Chichen Itza. On the morning of the pre-arranged tour there was a glitch with the tour company and we were in danger of not being able to get a tour. Miriam stepped up and made it possible and much thanks goes to her!! She saved the day. That night I was celebrating my birthday and when we returned from the tour the room was decorated with ballons and streamers with a strawberries and wine. They really made our vacation a wonderful experience.. The spa was one of the most relaxing moments anyone can have. I would definitely recommend this property to any traveler.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your review of your recent stay in Live Aqua Cancun. We're happy to hear we exceeded your expectations and we were able to provide a fantastic stay for you. We strive to distinguish our service by giving importance to little details and anticipation of our guests’ needs and desires and it's wonderful to know that it made your vacation a truly unique experience.

We are looking forward to welcome you back and make every effort to exceed your expectations on your third stay.

Warmest regards,
Raleigh, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

My fiance and I recently went to Live Aqua for a vacationw where we could relax, eat good food, and walk the beach. This was the perfect place. It was my fiance's first time visiting Cancun, and she absolutely loved our vacation. The hotel and rooms were very clean, the staff was extremely nice and willing to go out of their way for us, and the pool area was perfect. It wasn't a party atmosphere, but that's not what we wanted. However, the resort is located so we could go out for whatever we wanted.

I would highly recommned Live Aqua and would return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

Got here on the 10th Nov and am writing this review as we wait to go home :(
Staff are brilliant and can't do enough for you, location is perfect and the views are breathtaking. Food good but not amazing. Big variety of drinks are really tasty. Be sure to ask for an upgrade and they just do it.
Would defo stay again....:)

• Stayed November 2012

Been to Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive? Share your experiences!