“This is the Best Spa Resort in Mexico!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive

You added Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive to your Saves list
Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Boulevard Kukulcan Km. 12.5 Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #2 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Williamsport, Pennsylvania, United States
“This is the Best Spa Resort in Mexico!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I have stayed at the Aqua three times and have booked for March 2013. We love the relaxing atmosphere and extraordinary customer service. We consider Candy our favorite concierge. She has gone out of her way to make sure our every wish was granted. We did the time share breakfast and Candy got us a wonderful discount on our trip to Cozumel. She knew that we were hesitant, so on the the morning of our breakfast she rode over in the cab with us. We really appreciate the sincere personal attention that we receive from Candy year after year.
I have read these other reviews and I have to say that if you did not think the Aqua was up to your standards... first... you should learn how to spell. Secondly, if there is a maintenance problem in your room, contact the front desk... be reasonable, this resort has been booked solid during the prime travel season, during a quick inspection, some problems may not be immediately evident.
Thirdly, you are in another country eating and drinking a larger variety and quantity of food than your body is used to... if you do this any where you are going to get sick. Hint: Look up drinking too much coconut milk on Google.... by the way that ingredient is in almost every tropical drink!
The Aqua is five star rooms, food, and customer service. It is tranquil and refreshing as a spa resort should be.

See you in March!

• Stayed March 2012
ManagerAQCU, Director General at Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience, we highly value your loyalty as a returning guest and it’s always nice to know we have met your expectations with the quality of the food, our great location and specially the great service provided by our staff. I have already passed my congratulations to Candy for such exceptional service.

We really appreciate your review and recommendations, we are looking forward to your next visit on March.

Warmest regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,554)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

My girlfriend and i just came back from 4 days staying here.I have never written a review of any sort before but could not deny the hotel ,their staff or their management the gratitude i felt from our vacation.

From the very moment we entered we felt the tranquil and serene beauty of this world class hotel.The rooms,the amenities,the beach,the views all were spectacular ! The staff were extremely friendly always going out of their way to assist you in anyway they can.We witnessed the cleaning crew every morning carefully cleaning and prepping for the guests.Being somewhat of a "clean freak" ,i was thoroughly impressed !

We tried all the restaurants and really enjoyed the wide array of fresh seafood and fruits-i especially loved my fresh cactus juice every morning.We never worried about the water because we ordered bottled water all day long .Room service and even the mini bar are even included!

All in all i would DEFINITELY HIGHLY RECOMMEND this hotel to any traveller who wants to have a great experience and relax !

Room Tip: ask for a quite room- some rooms are directly over the hotels noisy MASSIVE aircon,ventilation syste...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Newport Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I went here with my wife on vacation in June. It was my first time in Cancun, but I had spoken to many experienced friends prior to our trip. As people can probably see, the best thing this resort has going for it is the sleek structure, location, and modern rooms. Where nearly all other Cancun resorts show their age, this one does not. The decor, bedding, televisions, bathroom, fixtures, a balconies are all up to date and very appealing. Most all of the other hotels, even in much higher price ranges Have very basic bathrooms, televisions, and hideous bedding/furniture. The restaurants, bars and pools follow suit: very clean and visually appealing. The pool setup is actually very unique and makes it fun to swim around for quite a while without getting bored. It is right on the main strip in cancun so the beach is clean and beautiful, and never got too crowded. Every room facing the ocean should have a great view, as they don't start until the 3rd floor. Being all-inclusive I was amazing with the price we paid. Service was pretty good, although the busy times around the pool require a little patience. The only complaint I really have is that the the food selection at all the restaurants could be increased. They went the safe route on many dishes, and lacked any remarkable flavor or character. Everything was good, just not great. It was a welcome change on the night I walked downtown and ate some of the local fare, such as the Surfin Burrito. So good. Having all our meals at the resort though was so convenient because it would be a lot of work to find a new (a good) place to eat every breakfast lunch and dinner. It was certainly worth it so we could have time to do all of the other activities and touring during our trip. Just plan to have a few meals out so you can have a memorable dining experience. I would stay here again in a heartbeat. A small tip for new scuba divers like myself: scuba tours are EXTREMELY well-priced in cancun. $60 for a two tank dive up to 30 ft. A similar dive in Clearwater, FL will cost you 5 times that much. If you want an above average room/view with average food and service, this is definitely your place. If you want top shelf liquor and flavorful meals in your all inclusive resort, be prepared to pay 40% more per night. I would just save your money and go eat out while you're in Cancun, personally.

Room Tip: Deluxe Terrace was totally private and they all have a clear shot view of the ocean.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking time and sharing your experience with us. At Live Aqua Cancun we strive to make every stay, as close to perfection as possible and we will continue working hard in this direction. Comments like yours have always been of great assistance in fulfilling this mission. We really appreciate your constructive criticism and suggestions shared with us, it’s importance is priceless in an effort to provide comfort and relaxing moments to our guests.

Thank you again for your valuable review and recommendations, please feel free to contact us for any assistance in the future.

indianapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

If you are looking for a beautiful location to just relax and unwind this is the place. Excellent pools and beach. The hotel is immaculate and the staff is absolutely wonderful. The only downfall are the restaurants. There needs to be a much bigger variety we found the same items day in and day out. That was the only thing that we found disappointing. At the pool ask for Julio he was amazing even brought out drinks to us in the pool! Edgar was a huge help at the conceirge desk as we had a problem with a piece of luggage but he handled it like a pro!

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms have spectacular views of the pool and ocean.. quite spectacular
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Mesa, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

My husband and I went to this resort with another couple in early October. I found out I was pregnant before we booked the trip and wanted to get away one more time before the baby came and before we knew we wouldn't be able to go anywhere for a while. The resort is very spa-like, when you walk in you are welcomed with an amazing scent of eucalyptus and spearmint. The entire resort has oil burners all throughout with this scent and it's amazing! The staff also welcomes you with drinks when you arrive and check in, along with a welcome hand massage (which if you don't have time to do this when you check in, come back later and ask and they will give you one at anytime). When we got to our room, the same oil burners are in the room and you get to pick from 5 different scents. They will bring oil samples each day. My favorite was the Aqua and the Energy ones. We did not get a room that overlooked to the ocean because it quite a bit more expensive, although we could have upgraded, but we opted out of it. Our room didn't have a view, but the bed was super comfortable and the bathroom had a nice bathtub and a shower separate. In the evening, the staff will come by and turn down your bed which is a nice touch unless you don't want them entering your room.
The food overall was pretty good, the buffet is hit or miss depending on the time that you go and if it's busy where there is new and fresh food made frequently. Room service food was really good too.
The pools were really nice, I especially loved the pool that overlooked the ocean.
If you go during the week then they will have some type of evening entertainment, but the only downfall to going over the weekend is that their entertainment consists of getting on a bus to one of the local big clubs...for $50 a person more in addition to the cost of the hotel. It is all you can drink, but that's the point of the all-inclusive to begin with. if you're not into the club scene, or you're like me and you were pregnant, then it's not worth going to the club. However, a lot of people that we talked to really liked the club and had a good time, so it really depends on what you like and if you're ok spending the extra money.
We did an excursion offsite from the resort by going snorkeling. We were able to sign up for a snorkeling trip in the resort, for about $46/person. You get to visit 2 different snorkeling spots, so that was nice and good for the cost.
Overall, this trip was very relaxing and although I did not drink alcohol, my husband and our friends tried many different types of drinks...they can pretty much make whatever you want. If you're looking to get a buzz, ask for an extra shot of alcohol since they are pretty weak, from what I heard.
Would definitely come back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
ManagerAQCU, General Manager at Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you very much for taking your time to share with all of us this review; it’s a privilege to know that Live Aqua Cancun lives up to your expectations in every aspect of the most relaxing vacation: food and beverage selection, facilities and comfort of your room, and certainly, the service, which is the greatest and probably most important element of our resort.

We are looking forward to your next visit; please do not hesitate to contact us for any pre-arrival arrangement.

El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

We have visited Cancun four times, and this was the best vacation that we had.We really enjoyed Aqua Live Hotel, the amenities, the food, the friendly service. We spent a lot of time in the pool and hotel's beach. Thank you all there, the service was more than perfect. We really encourage you, to visit Cancun and stay at Aqua Live Hotel. Martha C. from El Paso, Texas.

Room Tip: Chose the 4th floor and ocean view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I absolutely loved this hotel and def plan on visiting again. The property is beautiful and the service was excellent.

I arrived with my father and received a warm welcome from the staff they were very helpful and check in was fast and efficient. Once we arrived to our room i was blown away with everything from the furniture to the bathroom to the beach view.

Room service was wonderful the night before our check out we decided to order and they brought everything very fast and nice presentation. We absolutely loved the aromatherapy in our room order the aqua scent. Its absolutely wonderful we slept beautifully with this scent because is minty and is the same scent around the entire hotel and that was a nice touch i have never visited a hotel with this scents around the entire property.

The staff was very eager to help and the service was fast also very educated they would do anything to make you happy.

The food was excellent we loved the restaurant next to the pool which is open for lunch and dinner and the chef was very attentive everytime we were there either lunch or dinner he would come by and ask if we wanted something specific. I requested salmon for lunch and he made a delicious dish based on what i asked and it wasnt in the menu. I truly cant complaint I had excellent servers at the pool and also in the restaurant.

The buffet the food was delicious as well and has a little bit of everything i was very pleased. I loved the sushi place its everyday open and its absolutely wonderful. My father is not big on sushi but he was blown away by the fruit sushi I personally never had it before but i loved it. If you are a coffee person you cannot miss the coffee shop its inside the souvenier store. ITs like a mini starbucks they have a little of everything and the deserts are to die for. I took some of the cookies and stuff they have there daily and brought to my coworkers and friends for them to try.

This hotel in general meets all the requirements for what it was intentionally created for which is a relax enviroment and stress free.

the beach was absolutely beautiful and so was the pool. I loved the enviroment in this hotel very relaxing music and many options for dinner and lunch. There is also a ceviche place is on the far end of the hotel and i have to say its just perfect we had taco shrimp and it was excellent as well as the fish tacos i recomend them. This place is very nice there is breeze there all the time and the food was very good.

Another feature of this hotel is that there is no dresscode at all as long as you are wearing shoes and clothing ( meaning no bathing suit inside the restaurants). This is the first time for me to experience this since most of the hotels require a specific dresscode especially at night for the restaurants and buffets. Another feature is the free wifi throughout the entire facility. I have visited Cancun many times and none of the hotels I previously stayed had free wifi even at the beach. I had wifi from my room all the way to the beach.

The location is very good as well you have to big malls within walking distance one of them with even hooters, movie theater, restaurants. The bus stops right in front of the hotel if you want to take it and will drop you off right on the clubs and nightlife and its extremelly cheap is about 70 american cents for two people.

The restaurant next to the sushi place Mb i believe is called ... one recomendation do not choose to eat inside. We visited twice and the first time we sat inside and its quite hot because they have problems with the a/c and the kitchen is inside and wide open. The second time we sat outside and it was very nice and cool.

This property is wonderful and this would be a wonderful place for honeymoons and just want to be stress free this is the place.

I would like to thank all the staff .. Jorge the chef for the poolside restaurant( AZUR), Mauricio which was out lunch server and was absolutely wonderful and everybody else that made our stay tranquil and very relaxed.

Room Tip: If you didnt purchase a ocean view and have a garden view .. request one of the rooms on the side of...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review. It is a pleasure for me to know that your experience at Live Aqua Cancun exceeded your expectations; our number one priority is to make every guest experience exceptional and unique as it can be, thank you for letting us know how memorable and special was your staying with us.

It will be an honor to have you as our guest again, please do not hesitate to contact us if you require any assistance for your next stay.

Warmest regards,

Been to Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive? Share your experiences!