“Review live aqua” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive

You added Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive to your Saves list
Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Boulevard Kukulcan Km. 12.5 Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Louisville, Kentucky
“Review live aqua”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We have travelled quite frequently and stayed in many resorts but live aqua is far and above All of them for food and service and just general kindness. They make you feel like it is home away from home. Everyone makes you feel like you are the most important guest staying there. The food was fabulous. Every meal was a treat and the presentation was fabulous.resaturant MB's in the hotel and the breakfast buffet was beyond description. We had a terrace room which we thoroughly enjoyed. We feel it should be a 5 star resort.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,589)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I will be honest I was a bit disappointed because of all the great reviews I read. I went for the last b-day in my twenties Sept 20-24. It was the perfect amount of time to stay.

All the reviewers who ranted and raved about the food must have ate at MB every night. The food there was honestly the best "fine dining" I have ever had. Thats what saved this review. it was great get the duck with ravioli if you have a chance its mind blowing. Our server was phenomenal at MB and the restaurant is beautiful my only regret is that we discovered it on our last night there. Overall, I was expecting more authentic delicious mexican food, there was none aside from the tacos at the buffet.

It was b-day so i was expecting some acknowledgment from the staff, the lifeguard even called in to the front desk to let them know but still I received nothing.

The beach is absolutely beautiful the gradation of colors is stunning. It was very wavy so if you want a calm tide, not happening. But we loved it, it was fun.

The SPA, OMG, great I got the polynesian massage because I love the smell of monoi oil. The whole staff at the spa was amazing, professional, courteous, patient and polite. One of the best spas I have been to in the Caribbean ( top 2)

Our room was beautiful we got the ocean front terrace. We had to switch rooms the 2nd day because when we checked in there were no more king suites. Our first room was okay the bathroom was awkward and there was construction going on next door. Our room for the remainder of the stay was Perfection.

Poolside service was great they kept the drinks flowing but we paid for it the next day!

Everything sounds great so why not the 5 stars? This resort caters to married couples. After speaking with many people they prefer to give their perks and discounts to married couples in hopes they will tell their friends. Aside from a few standouts I felt the service was a bit lacking because of this.

Room Tip: Ocean front with Terrace is the only way to go. Early morning with a cup of coffee its amazing
Bakersfield, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

We stayed there from 9/20/2012 - 9/25/2012. Since this was my first time to Cancun, I did not know what to expect, so I will write this long review and try to point out things that newcomers may appreciate in knowing before going here. First of all, REMEMBER TO BRING A PEN. As we entered customs, we were handed the customs document as well as agriculture disclosure. As to the customs documents, there is one that is for each person or household. There is another one that is needed for EACH person. When we arrived at customs, there were no pens anywhere. We asked the officials there, and no one would help us. I guess customs officers are jerks everywhere in the world. (Actually the ones in the US on the way back are worse.....they don't even look you in the eye, and their tone of voice is condescending as if they were interrogating criminals. I don't know why you just can't be nice. Wouldn't that make everyone's day better then to have this power trip attitude? ) Anyhow, we were able to borrow pens from other people and one of the customs officers finally lent us his pen. It was a ridiculous way to begin our vacation. Also, remember to fill out EVERYTHING...including flight number, which hotel you are going to, as well as when you are leaving. You need to fill out the right side of the form as well. We were sent back to the end of the line twice even though it would have taken the officer 2 seconds to put the date on the form and the hotel name, "live aqua"...but no, back to the line. We were stuck in customs for almost 45 minutes! Well, luckily that was the worst moment of our trip. Everything got better after that. We went out and USA Transfer was there to greet us. They were super friendly, and we were on our way within minutes! Remember to tip these guys, they have to stay outside all day, breathing the car fumes. :)
The car ride was about 15 minutes. The staff from Live Aqua came out to greet us and showed us to another, older staff member name Alfonso. He showed us to the counter to check out. We were offered $40 per night upgrade from garden view to Oceanfront. We said it was too much, so the lady offered it for $30. I highly recommend the upgrade. We got the 9th floor near the middle, looking out to everything. As we finished, Alfonso took us back to the elevators, but twhen we told him it was our wedding anniversary, he stopped us and said he had a gift for us and asked us to sit down. He went through 10 minutes of how he would give us a free romantic dinner on the beach if we would listen to a short 90 minutes of "presentation". We knew at that time that this is all but a timeshare presentation. I said no. He was very adamant and kept at it. I explained that our flight was a red eye flight, and that we had only slept 1 hour last night and we would just want to go to our room. He would not let us go, and demanded to know why I would not agree to the presentation. I again said I was tired, and stood up. He would not let us go and started to become rude. I had to firmly repeat “thank you, but we are not interested”. It was only after that, which he let us go.

As to food, we tried every single restaurant including in room service. Here are my opinions:
1. Siete: This is a buffet for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The buffet is excellent. Many of the items are cooked as you wait, so the food comes out hot and fresh. We had breakfast there most of the days. We had lunch there one day and dinner one day. I highly recommend this if you want to eat fast and go enjoy the beach or the pool. The reason is because all the other restaurants can take about 1.5 hours for each meal.

2. In room service: EXCELLENT. Not much else to say here. They bring the food in within about 15-20 minutes. The Cerviche was excellent as well as the chicken tacos. We ordered dinner one day, and breakfast for one day. We also ordered for late night snacks on two nights. Again, there is nothing to complain here. If you just want a romantic dinner for two out in the balcony, this is the way to go.

3. MB: This is in a very formal setting like what you would experience in a higher end restaurant in the US. The menu is limited, but everything is excellent. We ate here 3 nights and loved it! The food and service are excellent! The atmosphere is dark, quiet and somewhat romantic. Expect the dinner to be at least 1.5 hours or more, but you are here to relax, so no big deal, right?

4. Sea Corner: This is way on the corner on the left side of the resort near the swim up pool bar. The service is a bit slow, but the fish tacos are to die for! When you order fish taco, you get one fish taco, so order at least 2-3 per person. The Popcorn seafood is also excellent! We ate her for lunch twice.

5. Azure: We ate here for lunch twice and dinner one time. The food was excellent and the service was impeccable. It is just like MB, except in a casual setting instead of more formal in MB.

6. Every Friday they have the fire show and dinner, but we missed it because it was canceled due to rain.

7. On Sat., they also have the seafood rice dish out by the pool. I think it is called paella, and although it did not look very appetizing, it was EXCELLENT! I highly recommend it.

8. Drinks: The drinks were a bit diluted, which was actually perfect for non-drinkers like my wife and I. We did not expect to drink much......maybe 1-2 drinks per day. Ha Ha Ha.....We each had about 8-10 drinks per day on average. I actually had a major hangover on one of the day and wasted half a day sleeping it off. My wife would tell them to give her water or ice tea. They would smile and say, "I will make something special for you". This went on with many of the staff. They really really enjoyed making us happy while we were there!

Staff: Everyone was incredibly nice! I only met one guy during my whole stay, who made me a drink without smiling at me. Everyone go out of their way to make you feel special. Some of them would put both hands on their heart and tilt their head when they pass you and say hi. When we tipped them, even just a buck or two, they really appreciated it. We tipped our room $3/day; the coffee shop $1-$2/day, each meal $3, and between $3-5 throughout for drinks. I think that is about normal, but some people were much more generous, but that is because they ordered a lot more drinks than we did. Please tip these staff because I suspect their main income is from tips.

The weather: Before the trip, I was concerned that Weather Channel keep saying that it was raining everyday. Don't worry about that. It's tropical weather. It would rain for an hour, and then be sunny for a couple hours and then the clouds and/or rain would come in again, etc.... Believe me, you do not want it to be sunny all day because it would be too hot. We were relieved whenever the clouds came back because it made sitting out at the beach or pool that much more comfortable. When the clouds come in, we are not talking cloudy weather. The clouds come in, but it is still very bright....just not the full sun shining directly at you. We had one day of full rain out of the 6 days we were that, so that was not too bad. We took advantage of that and actually went to the beach and swam in the beach; swam in the pool for the experience of swimming and playing in the rain like when we were kids.

The pools: There are 8-9 pools total, and many of them connect to each other. The pool is generally very nice looking and clean. Of course it smell like chlorine but that is expected. One complaint is the only spa that they have is small. There is almost always a crowd in the spa. It fits between 15-18 people, depending on how close you want to sit to the next couple. They should have a bigger spa, or even two spa. I can't imagine in colder weather, how crowded the spa would be.

The atmosphere of the Resort: Before you choose which resort, you need to decide what type of atmosphere you want. If you want the party atmosphere, then I think ME would be better. We walked there, and there was hip hop music blasting throughout the resort. Live Aqua is a very quiet resort. If you wanted a party atmosphere, you will be bored to death at Live Aqua. However, that doesn't mean that the guests here are a bunch of old people. I would say that the majority of the guests are between late twenties to mid forties.

Overall, there is not much to complain about Live Aqua. If you want a quiet, relaxing, adult only with 5 star service and good food, there is probably no better place. My wife and I have already agreed to come back to Live Aqua again next year.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
ManagerAQCU, General Manager at Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Thank you very much for this detailed and wonderful review, which help all the TripAdvisor community to make the right decision when it comes to choosing the ideal resort for your vacation. It’s a pleasure to know that this experience was a very positive one, highlighted by our great service and selection of food. I am sure that your feedback will serve as an encouragement to our team, as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you again for all your kind comments. We are looking forward to your visit next year; please do not hesitate to contact us for any pre-arrival arrangement.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Everyone is probably aware that this is a nice resort and was voted as a top resort in cancun. What you may not realize is that the staff makes all the difference! From the front desk, to the Aqua Club lounge, and the pool hosts, there is no better place. Sure, places like RIU have more restaurants for instance. My response to that is this; would you rather have a few TOP NOTCH restaurants with great food & staff, or waste your vacation sampling mediocre restaurants at larger resorts?? One example is the surf & turf entree at MB restaurant. I'm not a fan of fish and I'm very picky. The swordfish at this restaurant is beyond anything I've had in a long time...Melted in my mouth! The service?? Out if this world. Employees like Nancy in the club lounge and Nancy at the pool area. Outstanding service! They greet you like you're the only customer at the resort and make sure you're very happy. Nancy at the pool area made sure to inform me of all the activities available since we ran into some inclement weather. She is awesome! David and Gerardo at the beach bar that has swings are awesome too! They were quick to serve all drinks we wanted and it was obvious they loved their job! I will be back to this place for sure!

• Stayed September 2012
Allow me to take this opportunity to express my gratitude for all your kind words, especially for your kind comments about the great service provided by our staff. Comments like yours motivate us constantly to do our best to maintain the quality of the service we provide and to improve every day.

For us is really important your feedback and is heart warming to realize that our dedication is in the right path, as our goal is not only to make our guests return but to make them feel more comfortable each time and to notice the improvements in our services.

Thank you again for all your kind comments, we all are looking forward to welcome you back to Live Aqua Cancun.

Point Pleasant, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

overall impression - very nice place.
well maintained property - clean!!
well trained, friendly & attentive staff.
well prepared food & varied choices.
relaxing atmosphere.
they attract a good clientele & that makes for a good vacation atmosphere.
was it perfect? no...........
there were not 10 restaurants & bars.
the "nightlife" as such was curtailed around 11.
premium dining & some premium liquor was an up-charge.
other than that - you get exactly what you see in the brochures - a professionally run property along a very nice beach.......with very good shopping choices right across the street.
the Aqua Club level was well worth the small up-charge.
there was excellent service in the restaurants - we were charmed by Alredo, one of our servers.
there was always good service at the Pool & Beaches.
and, there was good follow-up by Mgt throughout or stay - making sure everything was up to snuff.
given the size of the property & somewhat limited food choices - i might not look to stay again for a full 7 days..........but, this would be a perfect place for a relaxing long weekend.
in that context - a long weekend - this could be a picture perfect destination for a relaxing getaway.......there are really no downsides.
would definitely return for a long weekend by a gorgeous beach!!!

Room Tip: if not choosing a Suite........ the standard sized rooms in the center on the Aqua Club floor ( 5th...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
ManagerAQCU, General Manager at Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thank you very much for sharing your review and for mentioning so many positive elements about our hotel. I’m very glad to know that your stay with us resulted in such a pleasurable and memorable vacation. Staff members are happy to know that their efforts have been appreciated, thank you for highlighting the excellent service that you received during your stay.

Thank you for your recommendations, we are looking forward to welcoming you back.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Live Aqua for 5 nights recently and absolutely loved it! The minute that we arrived at the property we were impressed. The lobby area is very nice and the decor,aromas, and music promote a calming spa-like vibe. There are aromatherapy oils all througout the property and in your room as well if you choose. We found this to be very pleasant.
We stayed in an ocean front room and the view of the ocean and the grounds below was fantastic. The room itself was lovely. Very clean and the bed was extremely confortable.
The staff overall was amazing and very attentive. There was always someone on the beach to ask if you needed drinks, food or anything else, and they were pretty quick considering that there were quite a few folks on the beach at any given time. The bartenders were AMAZING! Especially Hayden. :) He was very friendly and was quite creative with the concoctions. He remembered our names and given that my name is not quite easy to remember I was impressed. Unlike most all-inclusives, they offer top shelf alcohol.
All of the restaurants were great. Siete was good for breakfast,lunch and dinner. If you are not sure what you have a taste for, this is a sure bet as they offer a buffet and have a wide variety. The food at MB was fantastic. We had dinner there on our last night and it was a very nice experience. The decor reminded me of some of the very upscale restaurants in the States. There also seemed to be a chocolate aroma being pumped through the vents which was pleasant. The tacos at Azur were very good, and the paella stand near the pool was good also. If you like hamburgers and hot dogs they had someone out daily by the pools with a stand that will make them fresh for you.
The beach is absolutely georgeous but the surf is a little rough. if you like big waves, then this if for you, but if you like to swim then you should probably stick to the pool.
We have stayed at quite a few all-inclusives throughout the Caribbean and Live Aqua definitly raises the bar. We have already discussed going back at some point. Overall it was a beautiful hotel and we enjoyed a very relaxing stay. Highly recommended.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

We loved Live Aqua and wish we could had stayed longer. We enjoy our beautiful beach front view room. The food was always great, the drinks at the bar were awesome but what impressed me the most was their excellent customer service!!! Starting at their Front desk, to all the incredible Bartenders and waiters, to Nancy the Manager!!! We were always recieved with a smile and a friendly attitude. Many thanks to Nancy, Miguel, Alberto, Hayden, Melissa and The DJ from Egos! I have already told all my friends to make Live Aqua the place to stay in Cancun!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for qualifying our services so highly, it's truly our pleasure to know that your stay with us was excellent. At Live Aqua Cancun, one of our goals is to provide a true experience to our guests, which goes beyond the facilities but it also involves your senses.

I am very pleased to learn from this review that you were pleased with all of our restaurants,. the pools and especially that staff of Live Aqua Cancun made a difference providing excellent service.

We look forward to welcome you back in the very near future.

Warmest regards,

Been to Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive? Share your experiences!