“Great beautiful site, good service, very clean, adults only” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive

You added Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive to your Saves list
Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Boulevard Kukulcan Km. 12.5 Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #2 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
New York City, New York
“Great beautiful site, good service, very clean, adults only”

I was there from May 21-26, cost $3100 for 2 people
My wife and I did not want to return, it was heaven. Right when you walk out of customs there are 10s of agents all dressed in shirt and tie who lure you in to get you to sign onto a time share talk.....watch out. They lie to you to get you. I was told by my travelocity olympus tours taxi that they would be waiting outside customs and these guys told me that the government of mexico pays for them to help all tourist and that they will contact my taxi for me. After 5 minutes of him flashing different activities to do in Mexico he started to get to a time share talk and then I demanded to see my omlypus taxi guy and they said that they are just outside the door......Don't talk to anyone and just walk outside the airport for your taxi.

At the hotel they offered us a time share talk in exchange for a couples massage which we took, it was worth 3 hrs of saying no no no no. They promised it would be no more than 90 minutes. Some people said it took them 5 hrs to get out of it and they were in tears as they had lost almost a full day of their 7 day vacation to these talks. Just a headsup.

When we walked into the hotel they took up right up to the lounge in the 5th floor and Ana Guadalupe made us feel so welcome and at home as she checked us in.

The Taxi service if EXPENSIVE. A 2 minute ride is 10 dollars!!! There is a great Bus service that runs every 1-2 minutes along the Hotel zone back and forth for only 80 cents per trip, its safe and full of locals and tourists, take that instead. Everyone accepts Dollars and Pessos.

If you want good drinks you need to actually get them yourself. They made alot of pretty drinks but you could drink 15 of them and still not be buzzed. You have to watch the waiter pour the drink or else they will barely put any alcohol into it. Wear plenty of sun block as you get burned really quick.
Coco Bongo is apparently the place to go at nights but we never got around to going there. We did however go to the Chichen Ixa tour with Olympus tours and it was amazing. We got to swim in a cave. The tour guide Beto was so informative.

We were afraid that Adults only might mean a lot of older folks but most of the people were in their 30s and 40s, few in their 20s and few more than 50s. There was one bachelorette group as well.
The MB restaurant was really good, the Siete was good for breakfast but our favorite was Azur. There was one other all you can eat steak and lobster place but it was 60 dollar per person extra which we did not go.

Pros: Excellent site/beach front with enough room for all, beautiful infinity pool. Great service. Very friendly staff. 5th floor was fantastic (deluxe king size ocean front room) I was in room 5015. Quiet, romantic. 3 great restaurants and 24/7 room service. Adults only. Excellent staff (David Camera who was my waiter on day 1, told my waiter Alejandro on day 6 that I liked cappuccino at breakfast and he offered it to me). They had beach volleyball and beach tennis daily.

Cons:
1. Poor advertising. I upgraded my room but the bonuses offered were useless. ie. 50 dollars off romantic dinner (with actually costs 220 dollars), 50 dollars off spa, 50 dollar off wine. I did not get to use anything as they were all overpriced. Don't get any extra deals for the bonuses. You pay so much for the package and then they expected more.
2. Wish they had larger portion of fruits and snacks on the 5th floor because several times I had to go down to get more.
3. No night activities or shows. They had one brazillian fire show held on beach front with a dinner grill which was excellent but unless you sat right at the front, you could not see the show. I wish they would set up a stage so everyone could enjoy the show. I walked over to Beach Palace and they had an amazing micheal jackson concert which we sneaked in. They should plan more night activities.
4. Very little alcohol in the mixed drinks...felt like beautiful sugar water drinks...disappointed. Had to go to each bar tender and watch them make the drink for it to feel like it should.
5. The infinity pool was closed for 2 or 3 days while we were there because they were making an Ad, which was disappointing as it separated the bar/food from one half of the pool and you had to walk all the way around to get there.

Don't get me wrong, I think it still deserves the 5/5 but I want them to fix the above Cons as I will definitely go back. I miss it already. The only thing I would change would be to get a room on the south side as then I would be able to see the sunrise each morning and it was beautiful site to see on the beach.

Room Tip: If you can upgrade to the 5th floor, do it. It has its own bar/snack area and 2-3 people on hand to...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
ManagerAQCU, General Manager at Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
Thank you very much for your great review and especially for your kind comments about our staff, it's a true pleasure to know that your overall experience with us was enjoyable and met your expectations. We strive to make every stay, as close to perfection as possible and we will continue working hard in this direction. Comments like yours have always been of great assistance in fulfilling this mission.

We really appreciate your review and we hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Warmest regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,576)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

We went to this resort with another couple for a much needed vacation with tons of relaxation, and we got it here. This place is luxuary from top to bottom. Upon arrival we were taken to a private check in on the 5th floor which included snacks, drinks, and a wonderful hand massage. Check in was seamless since all of our paperwork was already waiting for us all we needed to do was sign.
Our room was on the 7th floor right in the center of the hotel so you had a perfect view of everything from the pools to the ocean... beautiful. The rooms were always clean and fresh with nightly turn down service. The staff was always willing to please. Your every wish was their command. I can not wait to go again.
I almost forgot, the great food. There is a steak restaurant that cost $60 and well worth the money. The food is out of this world. I can not even discribe it in any other way but exceptional. A must try.

Room Tip: Oceanview all the way.
Hazel Crest, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

All I can say is Wow!!!! This place is simply amazing!!!!! First of all, I want to say the few negative comments regarding Live Aqua are totally false. I spent four days of pure bliss here! The staff is so friendly, helpful and accommodating, you couldn’t get better service from any place on earth. When you first check in, a masseuse greats you with a complementary hand massage. This sets the tone for the best stay you’ll ever have in Cancun. After we checked into the Aqua suite, we went down to the cabanas on the beach. Then we were greeted with another free massage for our feet. My fiancée wanted chocolate covered strawberries but it was not on the menu. So the concierge went and made it anyway! Again, amazing! The pictures on the site don’t come close to how great the rooms and the hotel are. In a nut shell, the service is top notch, the food is phenomenal, and the hotel is impressive. If you are considering another all inclusive location, please don’t because this place won’t disappoint you.

Naperville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

My husband and I spent a week at Live Aqua a few months ago and loved it! The place is immaculate and beautiful. There are several pools to choose from and the beach is clean and well maintained. The staff is very friendly and will take care of anything you ask them for. Very dedicated to their guests. The food was amazing at all the restaurants and there is enough to choose from so you will never get bored. My husbands normally hates buffets but this hotel exceeded expectations and their buffets did not bother him one bit. We loved the fact that we didn't have to make any reservations for any of the restaurants and never had to wait for a table either. We also truly enjoyed room service. Great selection and quality.
If we were to be extra picky, we would only mention the fact that because of all the marble you hear noises from the hallways. Other than that, no complaints and we are seasoned travellers.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Plano, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

We stayed at Live Aqua in February for several days. I don't know what the other rooms are like, but we stayed in a large suite with a living area and two big screen HD TVs. Our room also had a big jacuzzi in the middle of the bathroom. There were 3 restaurants on property, and we were pleased with the delicious offerings at each. One was a steakhouse, another was a buffet (which served among other things, made to order tacos) and the 3rd was a gourmet offering. Also they have a 24 hour coffee bar, and the morning they offered delicious pastries. The spa was nice, well worth the visit. The nail salon was the only poor experience. She used a portable soaker for my pedicure, something I have at home from Walmart. Also, my nail polish never seemed to dry and was ruined shortly. Service was friendly and attentive, we felt at home. We would stay again!!

• Stayed February 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay at Live Aqua Cancun. I am very pleased to read your review of our team, services and facilities. I'm glad you found our suites to be spacious and adequate for all your needs, and it is wonderful that our staff was able to assist you with all your needs.

Thank you again for your review and we are looking forward to welcome you back.

Warmest regards
Rhode Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

I. Background Info:
After much research I decided for my family and I Live Aqua would be the best choice for us. There was four of us traveling. My husband and I (late 40's) and my two sons (19 and 23). I came into this resort with high expectations, but left a little dissatisfied.

II. Initial impressions/Check in:
As soon as you arrive to Live Aqua there is a feeling of luxury. Whether it's the two bone white Rolls Royce Phantoms parked out front or the epic, yet soothing music of the lobby you get a sense of excitement for the upcoming week and what Live Aqua has to offer. The check-in process was the quickest I have ever experienced at a resort.
Rating: 5/5

III. Rooms:
I booked two seprate rooms for my family and I. Both the garden view rooms. I knew what to expect, a smaller room. One with two double beds, the other with a queen sized bed. No complaints there. The complaint I do have was the bugs. I have been a world traveler for over twenty years and never have I experienced something quite like this. For the first night we stayed there I had to sleep with the bedsheets over my head to try and avoid getting bit by the mosquitos. They were flying in my ears. I counted a total of eight bites on my face the next morning... yikes. My husband and kids (they were in the other room) also were all bit too. I informed the front desk and immediately they sent some staff to spray the rooms (supposedly). Next night the same thing happens again. We informed the front desk and were both upgraded to ocean view rooms. I felt accomodated... at first. I go to take a shower in my new ocean view room and there's all mold in the shower stall! (Pictures below) I didn't even bring it to the front desk's attention because i'd rather just deal with the mold than bugs all night flying in my ear. I'd also like to add I talked to a lot of other guests and 80% of them complained about the bugs whether it was in their room, public areas, or even the spa! Rooms like this are not the industry standard at all, especially at a five-star resort.
Rating: 1/5

IV. Food and Drink:
First off I want to start off by saying this isn't a resort for picky eaters. I don't hold the resort accountable for that in anyway at all and it will not effect the overall rating that I give the food and drink portion of this review. My youngest son had a tough time finding things he liked, especially not being a seafood eater. The resort did the best they could do to accomodate his tough needs. Kudos to them in that respect. Anyways, I'll start off with the first meal of the day... breakfast! We usually ate breakfast in the Mexican themed resteraunt Siete. They had all your standard breakfast items, an omlet station, a few mexican dishes, and lastly great pastries. The food was generally excellent for breakfast the only problem was the food items were never hot enough or never cold enough when they had to be. This would be an on-going pattern throughout the week and every other meal of the day. I am convinced that the food at Live Aqua wouldn't ever meet United States guidelines in terms of approriate temperature. Yes, I understand I was traveling to a different country, but no one enjoys cold eggs and chicken. Also, I've stayed at many other resorts in Mexico and never encountered such an issue. The room service at Live Aqua was top notch. By far the best room service menu i've ever seen anywhere. We usually ate lunch by the pool which was also very good. Like every other resort by the end of the week the same food gets boring, but that's expected. As far as dress code is concerned for the resteraunts at night. There was absolutely no enforcement. I am an advocate for a relaxed dress-code. I, for one, do not enjoy strict dress codes, but there has to be a limit on how casual you can be dressed. Wearing wet bathing suits and tank tops to a restauraunt is completely unacceptable. The way some people were dressed I don't even think would fly at a Burger King. As far as drinks are concerned none us are really big drinkers, but the alcohol wasn't watered down. My husband saw them open up new bottles often. The one problem was the soda was consistently flat every time we ordered a drink. Similar to the food too the drinks were never cold. I get were in Mexico and it's hot, but even when the drinks were first served to us they were very warm and we often had to request extra cups of ice. That isn't a very big deal though.
Rating: 3/5

V. Service:
The service at Live Aqua for the most part was great. We tipped often, despite the tips being included. Most of the staff had a genuine passion for excellent service. We only encountered one real issue. The bartenders were extremely unprofessional. One bartender inside told us he only makes five dollars a day just so he would get a tip. Another bartender by the swing bar showed my husband his check to show how little he makes. Extremely unprofessional and was a large turn-off. The bartenders didn't make the best drinks either. Overall though, expect five-star Ritz-Carlton caliber service from everyone else.

Rating: 4/5

VI. Cleanliness of Public Areas:
Like previously mentioned unfortunately the mold/bug issue extended further than just the rooms. If you looked closely you could see lots of mold on the ceilings. Particularly in the bar area by Siete near the pool tables. My son who is allergic to mold was sneezing intensely all week. Mold was also prevalent on the pool level ceilings in the hallways. In a lot of areas of the hotel the ceiling was also falling apart, but in Live Aqua's defense I did see some workers trying to fix different cielings. The pools and resteraunts were exceptionally clean. I never saw cups and food lying around ever.

Rating: 2.5/5

VII: Final Thoughts

Live Aqua is a resort with a lot of potential. It's unfortunate a few easily fixable problems are getting in the way of a true five-star experience. I'm happy I was able to get a good deal for the week at Aqua when I went. My suggestion to travelers is go ahead and give Live Aqua a chance if the price is right, but compared to the other luxury hotels in Cancun and other areas in the Yucatan; Live Aqua just doesn't live up to a true five-star standard such as the Ritz-Carlton and The Royal. Do not pay the premium price for a so-so experience.

Final Rating: 15.5/25 or 62% overall

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
ManagerAQCU, General Manager at Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this review, May 31, 2012
It is my regret that your expectations were not met while staying at Live Aqua Cancun. One of our main objectives is the satisfaction of our guests with quality on the food and the service. I am very sorry for the inconveniences that you had during your stay. Our managers have received your feedback and we are working on improvements that will allow us to meet all the expectations of our guests.

In regards of mosquito control, we do spray and try to keep the mosquito population of low as possible, but with the natural environment we are maintaining for our guests, the appearance of mosquitoes is a side effect of the rain, which can also be encountered in other parts of the world.

I will truly appreciate if you could contact me with additional comments about your stay, which we will certainly use in order to make changes for better and ensure that every guest has the most satisfactory experience.

Warmest regards.
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

Live Aqua is a very beautiful hotel to stay. Our room was clean and spacious with the usual amenities and a few extras... like a beach bag. All of the staff were outstanding, friendly, gracious and helpful. There are many dining options and the food quality and selection were also very good. The pool and beach and grounds are very nice and well maintained. There is a well equipped, excellent, fitness facility. Overall we had a totally relaxing stay. After reading some other reviews something that strikes me is you need to remember you are in Mexico. As much as they try it is not Canada or the U.S.there are lots of quirky little things that are not necessarily a problem but that just add to the experience. Time share people were not as "pesky" as other places we have stayed in Mexico. The wait staff around the pool and beach are excellent and provide good service. You will enjoy Live Aqua!

Room Tip: Higher floors have a better ocean view, fourth floor or higher.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
ManagerAQCU, General Manager at Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Thank you very much for taking your time and sharing with us such a positive review of the time you spent with us. I am very pleased to learn from your comments that you were pleased with our restaurants and especially with our staff.

Thank you for your recommendations and we are looking forward to your next visit to Live Aqua Cancun.

Warmest regards.

Been to Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive? Share your experiences!