“Inconsistent” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive

You added Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive to your Saves list
Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Boulevard Kukulcan Km. 12.5 Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #2 of 179 Hotels in Cancun
Atlanta, Georgia
“Inconsistent”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

I would give this a 3.5 star rating. Before the trip, I read all the great reviews and had very high expectations and was dissappointed. My vacation was good but very inconsistent.

Check-In: This is about selling upgrades and being passed off to the very nice timeshare salesman (Alejandro)....we upgraded our room to a suite. We asked to be sure we had a veranda....when we got to the room it was a large suite with a balcony only...not what we were told...the next day they did upgrade (free of charge) to the Fuego Suite....real sweet, great room, large balcony and veranda. We did sign up for the 90 minute Fiesta American Club presentation...there was no hard upsell and we received a free 50 minute couples massage at the Fiesta Americana Grand Coral hotel...AWESOME time, hydrotherapy and a 50 minute massage. Did I mention check-in was two hours late the 1st day..the 2nd day when they moved up...another 2 hours late.

Food: The food was good but not great. We ate lunch at Azur..OK. We ordered room service a couple times, they were very fast delivering food. We ate at MB..once again good not great. The Grill was OK. Breakfast was great and our favorite place was the Cerviche bar.

Pools/Grounds: They are beautiful. The pools were great and the grounds were very well kept. The pool was cool, not cold.

Service: One word inconsistent. One day is was great by the pool (Cesar)...the next day you had to beg to get someone to get you a drink. The service at the restaurants were very good. We brought a lot of 1's and 5's for tips....I wouldn't say they weren't expected...I think they were expected.

Overall, this was a good vacation but not the over the top experience that I was expecting. I would try another all-inclusive next time.

Room Tip: Take the 90 minute sales presentation for the free massage at FA Grand Coral Beach.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,759)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Newnan, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

Very nice place. We stayed there the 5th through 12th of January. Had a Garden View room and no upgrades were offered. The Service was excellent. They had more than enough servers to handle everything and they were very friendly. They made every attempt to try to get to know you and meet your drink and food needs. The food was good but not great. You could order the same item the next day and the first day is was great and the second day it was okay. They also have two new restaurants that nobody knows about and both of them are pretty good. Communication is an issue at Live Aqua as far as them telling people what is going on.

One of the main things this place does not have is entertainment. If you like to sit down at night and seee a show or some form of entertainment, then this is not the place for you. We were in bed by 9-10 every night because there is nothing to do at Live Aqua. One night they had an opera signer at the Azur Restuarant (holds 90 people but there were only 15 there) and it was okay if you like opera. We missed a show on the beach because they do not inform people of events - you have to ask.

They did listen to us on our concerns and they are working very hard to make this into an Adult Only place that will meet the needs of the majority of people who go there. They are looking at adding entertainment in the future because this was a common concern from many people that were staying there.The pools were amazing except that they were extremely cold. It took several comments to management to get them to start heating the pools. The main pool everyone want have pictures taken in is the infinity pool and it was too cold to get in to have a picture taken the first 5 days we were there. Once they started heating the pools, it was much better. The beach was very nice except for the 4-5 foot drop off.

Sleeping was an issue because all the hallways are layed with marble. It is very beautiful but also very noisy when people and carts are going doen them in the middle of the night.

Their Internet site is very poor and they know it and they are trying to work on it as well. They are going through growing pains right now by chaging this to an all-inclusive h

Very relaxing and a very nice place. I highly recomend this place if you just want to eat and drink. The people that work there are excellent.

Room Tip: Rooms not on the main floor and as far down the hallway are the quietest. We requested a fan to dro...
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

Vacation for 2 for 6 nights in early January. Oceanfront room upgrade, but not on "preferred" level.

We looked at a lot of reviews before we went, so we knew what to expect. Most of what you read here is right on:

The vibe is relaxation and no worries. There is not much "party" atmosphere, including in the evening. The primary clientele seemed to be couples. It is very romantic.

We are foodies, and we were pleased with the food. No reservations are required for any of the restaurants, and there are several good choices for dinner that you can cycle through. At the lunches and breakfasts, if you wanted something not on the menu (I wanted guacamole ALL the time), you just ask and they bring it with a smile. I felt completely pampered the whole time. We tried out everything available to us and never got bored with the offerings. MB in particular had an interesting menu, and we had some great flavors there (my favorite was a salad w/ arugula, watermelon, strawberries, sauteed onions, and feta). My husband ordered two main courses one night, and they didn't even blink. The waiter asked if he'd like it plated on one plate or two, and then he realized what he'd ordered.

I found room service to be the same as anywhere-- it's hard to get hot food to a hotel room. I recommend going to the actual restaurants.. Room service will deliver anything you want, including wine by the glass (part of your all-inclusive).

We had no trouble getting a seat on the beach or pool. We did see some people saving the best seats on the busiest day--Saturday--for their friends who never came. Super annoying.

I got bitten by sand fleas one evening on the beach, so wear insect repellent if you're headed to the beach after dark.

We did not have to wait for our room. However, my caveat is: there is a time share presentation element to the process if you allow it. They offer you a hand massage upon check-in. We took it. They made comments about how young we looked, etc., which we later realized was to screen whether we fit the allowable profile for the timeshare sales pitch. They offered us a couples massage at Grand Coral Beach for a very reduced price in return for hearing their 90-minute presentation. We took it, and it was what they said: 90 minutes or less of presentation = couples massage plus hydrotherapy, which I loved. We were at the spa 3 hours or so. Make your own decision, but we didn't feel pressured to say yes to hearing the sales pitch, and when we told them no during the pitch, they didn't push hard. If you do it, make sure you bring tips for the massage therapists and for your valet through the hydrotherapy process.

We would go back and were sad to leave. It was a lovely, relaxing, pampered, yummy, sunny, week. I felt the food was especially great considering it was all-inclusive.

We had the internet go down once, but when we called down, they fixed it right away. I also found a small bug from the shower drain on the first day. I didn't see any after that.

Room Tip: The views from all the rooms are good. I did like the oceanfront upgrade b/c it was more private th...
Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

I would rate this resort as a 3.5 if I could. Service is outstanding. The staff is very attentive and friendly although some what scarce on the beach. SERVICE = 5 stars

At the entrance to the building we were greeted to a dry fountain and broken window pane in the forum ... bad first impression. The foyer was framed in steel girders ...not very attractive. There were no sitting areas in the foyer either which was a pain upon departure, We booked a "garden view" but it looked over an empty lot of gravel. I had to upgrade to actually see the ocean ... contrary to posting on this forum. If you want to use the spa facilities it will cost you $20 a visit per person. You get a hottub, sauna, steam room and cool bath. I was surprised there was this charge since the resort bills itself as a spa. The aromatherapy is nice but nothing you can't do for yourself at home with a small electric oil warmer. Our room was nice and had a nice view of the pool area and the ocean. We were woken 2 nights with smoke alarm issues. One night it was at 3am and lasted for 20 minutes. The gym was pretty decent ... some free weights and a good assortment of cardio and weight machines. FACILITIES = 3.0 Stars

There is minimal entertainment here. Even trying to find a decent sized TV to watch a football game was an adventure. There are no TV's outside. There was a very nice opera singer at dinner one night. ENTERTAINMENT = 1.0 Stars

Breakfast and lunches we pretty good with a wide variety of selections and decent quality. There are only 3 restaurants for dinner with fairly limited menus. One of the restaurants were buffet for 3 nights. The MB restaurant had great braised short ribs ... yum. I had this twice I liked it so much. I found the grouper selection at Azur to be quite good. Other that I wasn't thrilled with my other selections ... the filet mignon wasn't very tasty, the fish tacos were small and fairly bland, the Newport steak was tough. The salads (caesar, arugula) were all pretty good. Drinks were OK ... they had Tangeray, JB, Absolute, etc ... House wines were OK .... at least the Cab was. FOOD = 3.0

Overall we were disappointed with our visit and wouldn't go back. Perhaps we have been spoiled with our prior experiences in Los Cabos. After reading some reviews here I wonder if they are actually be made my made by genuine visitors. How can anyone be happy looking at a gravel lot? Anyways... to each his own. I hope you find my review helpful.

Room Tip: Do not choose Garden View on the left side (looking from the beach) of the resort. The right side i...
Albany, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

I've been to Cancun many times and this was by far the best hotel I've stayed at. Me and my girlfriend did some research before booking this trip and decided on Live Aqua and we are glad we did. This place was absolutely beautiful and kept immaculate.

The Staff- They were amazing. Some of the nicest people I've met anywhere. They catered to you hand and foot and didn't expect anything in return, tipping is not necessary but is much appreciated when you do. The bar tenders at the pool bar were great and very informative. Josue in particular was fantastic. I told him that i was interested in learning about the history of tequila so he gave me a 30 minute history lesson about where it came from and how each type is made. Saved me 50 bucks from taking the tequila tour down the street. Fernando was also a lot of fun. This is definitely not a party resort but the pool bar was the place to be if you wanted a little excitement.

The Food- MB restaurant was great. Especially the short rib and steak. There was never a wait to get in to any of the restaurants and they didn't take reservations. Also the 24 hour room service was a plus. Good food too.

The Hotel- The hotel was first class. It was far prettier than any resort I've been to. The beds by the pool were our daily spot. The beach was cleaned and raked every morning. There weren't cups laying by the pool all day like some of the other resorts. As soon as you were done with your drink they would take your cup and bring you another drink. It was great. you didn't even have to leave your bed/chair. The pools were kept spotless and the landscaping was immaculate.

Would i return again? Absolutely! and again and again and again. I don't know if i'll ever go to another all inclusive resort in Cancun besides this one.
We stayed on the 5th floor aqua club which is worth the hundred extra for the week. It has a special lounge on the 5th floor that overlooks the ocean on one side and there's a balcony on the bay side to watch the sun set. The staff in there was great and they had a premium bar from 5-10 daily with canapes and appetizers.

I would definitely recommend this resort for couples or a group of friends that just wanted to relax.

Room Tip: 5th floor Aqua Club was the place to be.
Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

Wow... Amazing!
As soon as we got out of our shared transportation ride, we were greeted by an attendant who helped with our luggage and directed us to the front desk. We noticed right away what the other travelers were talking about - very medicinal aroma throughout the hotel. I felt like we were walking into a spa. While was were checking in, someone brought us a cold towel and ice tea. We arrived there two hours early than our check-in time, but the front desk attendant was kind enough to put us into another room until our rooms were ready.
When they say all-inclusive, they really mean it! We were able to order room service, and it was brought to us in less than 20 mins. The room service food was just ok, but the convenience was great.

Some things you need to try at this hotel:

1. MB Restaurant - Their Tuna Tartar + Watermelon and strawberry appetizer were AMAZING
2. AQUA CLUB- Premium Drinks ( Don julio, Jack Daniels, JB, Greygoose, Absolut,etc..)
3. SPA - If you don't want to spend too much money, but want a spa experience, try their $20 Hydrotherapy. (Steam, Dry, Foot, Cold + Hot jacuzzi, and Pressure Shower were all included)
4. Aromatherapy Oils - They have different kinds... be sure to try all of them! It's complimentary in each room.

Some things that I didn't like about this hotel:

It's hard to find something, but I would say their food is not top-notch as other travelers said.
We stayed for 2 full days and 2 half days, but their food is already getting tiring.
I would gladly give this hotel 5 stars, but because of their food choices, I would have to stand with a 4.

Overall, it was an awesome hotel!
Don't forget to ask about the Jungle Tour! You get to drive a speed boat and go snorkeling!

Room Tip: Aqua Club Rooms have access to the Aqua Club Lounge. We paid extra to have our rooms upgraded to thi...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

Very nice resort. Clean and modern. Friendly and attentive staff. Food was pretty good. Beautiful pools and beach. Room was great. Had breakfast on the balcony which was awesome.

My only gripe is that you had to pay extra for better alcohol. One house Red and White Wine (fair)....all others cost you money. I like Vodka. If you wanted Kettle or Goose it was extra. And no Corona at a Mexican hotel (only Dos XX and Tecate)????

I like this place but not for the alcohol. An all inclusive at around $500 a night you should get top shelf liquor. All in all I would recommend though.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive? Share your experiences!