I would give this a 3.5 star rating. Before the trip, I read all the great reviews and had very high expectations and was dissappointed. My vacation was good but very inconsistent.
Check-In: This is about selling upgrades and being passed off to the very nice timeshare salesman (Alejandro)....we upgraded our room to a suite. We asked to be sure we had a veranda....when we got to the room it was a large suite with a balcony only...not what we were told...the next day they did upgrade (free of charge) to the Fuego Suite....real sweet, great room, large balcony and veranda. We did sign up for the 90 minute Fiesta American Club presentation...there was no hard upsell and we received a free 50 minute couples massage at the Fiesta Americana Grand Coral hotel...AWESOME time, hydrotherapy and a 50 minute massage. Did I mention check-in was two hours late the 1st day..the 2nd day when they moved up...another 2 hours late.
Food: The food was good but not great. We ate lunch at Azur..OK. We ordered room service a couple times, they were very fast delivering food. We ate at MB..once again good not great. The Grill was OK. Breakfast was great and our favorite place was the Cerviche bar.
Pools/Grounds: They are beautiful. The pools were great and the grounds were very well kept. The pool was cool, not cold.
Service: One word inconsistent. One day is was great by the pool (Cesar)...the next day you had to beg to get someone to get you a drink. The service at the restaurants were very good. We brought a lot of 1's and 5's for tips....I wouldn't say they weren't expected...I think they were expected.
Overall, this was a good vacation but not the over the top experience that I was expecting. I would try another all-inclusive next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Live Aqua Cancun, a welcoming place, where being is the first part of feeling. Your senses work together. It's a prism of colors, eclectic rhythms, and seductive details. Enjoy the fusion of idyllic days and energizing nights. It is a monument to your arrival to this Cancun Spa Resort. This sophisticated beachfront resort lies along white sand beaches, across the street from La Isla Shopping Mall and walking distance from some of the best restaurants and shopping malls in the city. Exotic drinks, barefoot luxury and activities overlooking the resort's 8 infinity pools are just part of the exquisite details within our All Inclusive concept. Music worships you at every step, with changes in rhythms that match the emotions you feel and the space around you. The sound is never the same, but always relaxing, exciting and harmonic. Arriving, leaving, just belonging makes you sigh with peace. The Aqua aroma seeps into every nook and cranny up to the sky, down to the sea. Return to yourself. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Amex, Hotels.com, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive Hotel Cancun
- Cancun Aqua Hotel
- Aqua Hotel Cancun
- Fiesta Americana Grand Aqua