The hotel is exceptionally pretty and they use extensive aroma therapy throughout, so it smells lovely.
Our problems centered around check-in. Our room wasn't ready when we arrived, but they assigned us a room number so we could eat. We checked back at 4, and the room still wasn't ready. At 5, we went back, they checked to make sure the room had been cleaned and then gave us the keycard. Everything was great about the room, the bath was spectacularly nice with huge shower and separate jacuzzi tub. However, while we were sound asleep (after a day of travel, too much sun and tequila) someone started pounding on the door and then broke the security hasp and entered the room! My significant other jumped out of the bed, au naturel, and shocked a maid and someone from the front desk, who said that we were supposed to leave that day. We explained that we just arrived that day, and they left.
The next day, we had breakfast, went to the pool, etc. and when we came back to the room, a supervisor and another lady were waiting for us at the door. They were insistent that we should have left yesterday. I had to show her ID, our travel arrangements, etc. to prove who we were and that we had in fact checked in the previous day. And she didn't even apoligize for scaring the heck out of us the night before. If I hadn't been so tipsy, I would have thought drug cartel people were going to kill us!
Then the next day I got a haircut at the spa and charged it to the room. I got a call that evening from someone I couldn't understand. Then the martinet from the day before came upstairs with the beautician wearing me out because they didn't have my credit card information at the front desk. I gave her my card, and she brought it back later, again not sorry about the aggravation.
Outside of all that drama, I liked the hotel. The outdoor staff (waiters and pool area attendants) were exceptionally good. The hotel seemed very clean. The food was so-so; no better than other all-inclusive resorts and less variety than most. And it was next to impossible to get into the reservation-only restaurant. However, room service was very good.
The pools were very cold, the gym and spa were nice, and the yoga classes were nice. But overall, it was a relaxing trip. I will try a different hotel next time though.
- Also Known As:
- Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive Hotel Cancun
- Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive Hotel
- Aqua Cancun
- Cancun Aqua Hotel
- Aqua Hotel Cancun
- Fiesta Americana Grand Aqua
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Live Aqua Cancun, a welcoming place, where being is the first part of feeling. Your senses work together. It's a prism of colors, eclectic rhythms, and seductive details. Enjoy the fusion of idyllic days and energizing nights. It is a monument to your arrival to this Cancun Spa Resort. This sophisticated beachfront resort lies along white sand beaches, across the street from La Isla Shopping Mall and walking distance from some of the best restaurants and shopping malls in the city. Exotic drinks, barefoot luxury and activities overlooking the resort's 8 infiniti pools are just part of the exquisite details within our All Inclusive concept. Music worships you at every step, with changes in rhythms that match the emotions you feel and the space around you. The sound is never the same, but always relaxing, exciting and harmonic. Arriving, leaving, just belonging makes you sigh with peace. The Aqua aroma seeps into every nook and cranny up to the sky, down to the sea. Return to yourself. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Jetsetter, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Amex, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelTravel.com and Venere so you can book your Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.