We stayed at the Live Aqua during the last week of March, 2011. I was there with my husband and another couple. We couldn't believe the resort upon checking in- it's beautiful, very spa like, and exudes luxury. We had heard that the check-in process was long, but it was only 15 minutes- once you get your room keys, the concierge talks to you about the services available (restaurants, spa, gym, etc) and lets you know they are there to help. Always nice to know.
We were in an oceanview room, which meant we were in one of the corners. It gave us a great view of the resort and beach and ocean, and I think our balcony was a bit bigger that the ocean front rooms. We also got a bit of afternoon sun which was nice. We had a big closet with a safe, ironing board, beach bag, flip flops. A bathroom with a big tub with a view to the ocean (through a window, which was odd at first and cool later on), a big shower, and nice fixtures. There were lots of drawers to put clothes away, a table and chairs, a wing chair and ottoman, and of course, patio furniture. Beautiful, modern room!
The service at this resort couldn't be better. There were always towels, the staff bent over backwards to make us happy and comfortable, and everyone was cheerful, friendly, and helpful. There were always beach chairs to be found, and this resort didn't seem to have the "saved chair" problem where people put towels and books on chairs and then disappear for the day. The pools were amazing- different temperatures, and the infinity pools looked out over the ocean- it was awesome!!
There are a few restaurants, the one you need reservations for is MB. We went, and the food was good. Very gourmet. Because of the hype and the prestige of having an Iron Chef, the food comes out slowly. Just so you know!! The other restaurants, Siete (the buffet) and Azul (the restaurant off the pools by the beach) were also excellent. We didn't wait in line all week which was great!
The ocean was a bit rough- it was red flag days every day, but there was always a lifeguard on duty and you could wade in and let the waves beat you for a few minutes!
As for nightlife, we hung out at Egos one night (the sort of night bar off the lobby). It was all inclusive as well and had some fine scotches which my husband enjoyed. Other than that the resort was quiet. The pools are open late, but there aren't too many people in them. There is a club down the street, I noticed, and I'm sure the concierge would be able to recommend somewhere for you to go.
One cool feature of the resort is the parrots- they hang out with their trainers, and fly around the resort squawking- very endearing!
All in all, this is an amazing place to spend your vacation, and you won't be disappointed. We will go back again and again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Live Aqua Cancun, a welcoming place, where being is the first part of feeling. Your senses work together. It's a prism of colors, eclectic rhythms, and seductive details. Enjoy the fusion of idyllic days and energizing nights. It is a monument to your arrival to this Cancun Spa Resort. This sophisticated beachfront resort lies along white sand beaches, across the street from La Isla Shopping Mall and walking distance from some of the best restaurants and shopping malls in the city. Exotic drinks, barefoot luxury and activities overlooking the resort's 8 infiniti pools are just part of the exquisite details within our All Inclusive concept. Music worships you at every step, with changes in rhythms that match the emotions you feel and the space around you. The sound is never the same, but always relaxing, exciting and harmonic. Arriving, leaving, just belonging makes you sigh with peace. The Aqua aroma seeps into every nook and cranny up to the sky, down to the sea. Return to yourself. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Amex, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive Hotel Cancun
- Cancun Aqua Hotel
- Aqua Hotel Cancun
- Fiesta Americana Grand Aqua