“Incredible time at Gran Caribe Real” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Gran Caribe Real Resort & Spa

You added Gran Caribe Real Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Gran Caribe Real Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Blvd. Kukulkan, Km 11.5, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Announcement
Now Save Up to 50%
Ranked #45 of 178 Hotels in Cancun
Merritt Island, Florida
“Incredible time at Gran Caribe Real”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Let me start by stating that this is the first time I write a review but after reading many other reviews I felt I owed it to the hotel and staff to counter some of the negative reviews. We checked in 3 nights ago and still have 2 more to go and the experience has been way above expectations. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because their website describes a Gran Junior Suite as beachfront unit with cabana but we were checked into a suite on the 6th floor facing the lagoon. At the end, we were fine because the unit we were in was more spacious than the beachfront unit and we needed three beds to spread out on. Also, located on 6th floor meant been near the concierge which was awesome.
I have visited a few all-inclusives and thought this hotel was classy, clean and convenient. Its not a giant hotel so you are close to all the bars, restaurants and beach. The staff is remarkable....they went out of their way to make you feel special, always courteous and willing to help with a smile. Granted, we were on the VIP rooms with the black wrist straps but I spent quite a bit of time observing their service to others with different color wrist straps and it seemed to be just as good.

I have to call out the 50+ year old from the US (we also are from the US) that was downright obnoxious. The way he addressed the staff was downright embarrassing and the reason for the term "ugly American". He berated staff for saying "si senor" instead of "yes sir" and for saying "here's your cerveza" instead of "here's your beer". Give me a break! You are in their country and you can't accept a few words in Spanish!! Get a life and try to blend in a little with the language and culture of the country you are visiting. As an American, you give all the rest of us a bad name.

A huge shout out in a positive way to Luum Ha diving. Alfredo and Fernando were absolutely incredible in the wreck dive, the drift dive and the cenotes dive. Most incredible experience for my kids and I.

To conclude, the Gran Caribe Real is an amazing value for the money. Keep in mind you are not paying 2 or 3 times as much as is the case for the 5 stars in Cancun.

Room Tip: pay a bit more for the VIP rooms!
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (854)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Glendale Heights, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Mike, Roberto,Daly, and JP were so wonderful! They remembered us each and every day and ALWAYS greeted us with a fantastic smile! They were so entertaining thru out the day from morning to night! Resort is beautiful, clean, and the views are absolutely breathtaking! You will not be disappointed with your choice to choose Gran Caribe Resort and Spa!

Room Tip: Ocean front walk out junior suite!
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I visited Cancun in September 2014 with a group of friends and family. The location is perfect, right in the middle of the Hotel Zone. The staff was wonderful and very accommodating, and our rooms were gorgeous. The only aspect that could have been better was the food. The resort has a handful of restaurants to dine at, and two of them require reservations. I really enjoyed my time at the pool and on the beach. I can't wait to go back to Mexico!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Despite all the great reasons to like Gran Caribe in Cancun, such as the friendly staff, nice resort, great food, and clean beaches, I have one MAJOR complaint. My bag was stolen, as they weren’t properly secured by the staff, some of my stuff was stolen and it was not handled well by the resort.

On the day my boyfriend and I arrived, we got to the resort around 10am and our check in wasn't until 3pm. They let us check in and we left our luggage with the bellhops in the main lobby. We went to explore the resort, came back to grab some sunscreen and then headed out for the beach until check-in. Around 4pm, we came back to get our room number and our bags. When we got to the lobby, I realized that my carry on duffel bag was missing, no where to be found. I checked with the bellhops and they looked around without finding it either. They told me to go up to my room and they would check the cameras that were monitoring the bags. We get to our room and realize that the lobby gave us an already occupied room. The bellhop immediately went down and got us a new room, a couple doors down. Once we got to OUR room, we had to wait around for the bellhop manager to review the footage based on our timeline. About an hour later, the manager comes up with my bag and asks me to check that everything is still there. I notice that my jewelry is strewn throughout my bag and I'm missing sneakers, a bathing suit bottom and some shirts. The manager asks for us to go with him to the person's room who had our bag so we can recognize what else is mine which was very awkward. When we got down there, another bellhop already had the few things that I realized missing in a plastic bag. The young guests apologized profusely for mistakenly taking my bag and allowed me to go through their room to see if there was anything else that was mine sitting in their room. Unfortunately, since it looked like a tornado had gone through their room, there was no chance of me finding anything else in their room, especially since I didn't have a checklist for what was in my duffel bag and wouldn't know what to look for. I also felt very uncomfortable having to go through another person’s things with them standing there. I was just glad to have found my duffel bag, the items that I COULD remember and enjoy the rest of my vacation. Once back to the room, I went through my bag again and noticed that jacket sleeves were inside out and everything was disheveled making me come to the conclusion that the guests did not "mistakenly" take my bag, but on purpose. I also realized that a few things were still missing including a dress, jacket, ring and charger. This left me VERY angry and now knowing who those guests were, made me very uncomfortable and intimidated throughout the rest of my trip as I believed that confronting them would not be an option. Despite thankfully having cameras on the baggage and finding my bag, the hotel should have roped up all the bags, so no one could've purposely taken the bag and should've handled retrieving my items better. As a guest, I should not have had to even deal with those other guests as now the trip was ruined and uncomfortable every time I saw them. There was also no action against them, as I am CERTAIN that the bell hops KNEW that they took it, based on what they saw on the surveillance video and it was obvious that they had gone through the bags, tried items on and taken items out. To say the least, the resort did not handle my situation well and I was very disappointed.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

i feel so good in these hotel, the entretaining group Was very friendly Rovert, daly and mike were the best ones i love these hotel. go!
the food is mymy and is very nice the water and the pool
also there some things very nice to do un the hotel like: the Fly and snorkel
ITS VERY NICE YOU HABE TO GO!!

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Antonio M, Director General at Gran Caribe Real Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Vcm12345

Thank you very much for writing us in regards to your recent stay at Gran Caribe Cancun.

We truly appreciate when a guests takes their time to share with us their GCR experience!

Once again, thank you and we hope to see you again very soon!
Ithaca, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

They were so professional, caring and made me relax!! GREAT massage therapists! Being near the aqua waters of the ocean make you want to relax! Marisela worked out all the knots and kinks in my neck and shoulders. After a 50-minute whole body massage, I felt like a rag doll. Anul took great care with my aunt to position her on her side and gradually treat all muscles beautifully. Thank you, Marisela and Anel, so very much!

Room Tip: Choose ocean view or bay view. Ask for details of mandatory food/drink plan.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Dear Cora001431 We are very happy to know that our associates at the spa provided an excellent service.

Thank you again and we hope your travels bring you back to Cancun very soon!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We had a great spring break trip at this resort. It is located right on the strip of hotels in Cancun about 20 minutes from the airport. The service was excellent especially since it was busy during spring break time. The food was the only thing that was mediocre - not many options for vegetarians but we were not there for the food. The beach was amazing - plenty of lounge chairs available and the bar right on the beach was great. There was drink service on the beach as well. The wi-fi in the rooms worked well but was better in the lobby. The rooms were kept clean and well-stocked. We would recommend this place for spring breakers. It was also family friendly with plenty for the kids to do. Affordable and great for the price.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Dear Soniya S

Thank you for taking your time for your review at the Gran Caribe Cancun.

All the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are always of value to us.

Please rest assure that these issues you have raised have been addressed and that the proper action has been taken.

Once again thank you for your feedback and we look forward to hosting you again in the near future

Been to Gran Caribe Real Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!