“Great hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gran Caribe Real Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Gran Caribe Real Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Gran Caribe Real Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Blvd. Kukulkan, Km 11.5, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #48 of 175 Hotels in Cancun
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This is how an all inclusive hotel should be :) you have a fully stocked fridge with coke sprite etc refilled everyday, optics in your room with spirits. The rooms are large with nice fancy headboards. You are offered room service 24hours of burgers pasta etc not to mention a 24 hour snacks downstairs of pizza chips etc (for when you come in tipsy lol) the cocktails here are absolutely delicious every single one we tried tasted like ice cream. The pool was always very lively and good vibe. The food was good here too good variety nothing outstanding but always something you could enjoy. Best sea view I've seen. Would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting cancun.

Stayed November 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (695)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Camillus, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

First time my wife and I have been to an all-inclusive.The check-in and check-out was a breeze;we found the food to our liking with a very friendly and caring staff. The bar service was excellent, especially from Carlos. We participated in daily bike rides, water aerobics, and went to shows nightly.Big Mike, Jonathan, Magic, and Aldo were all very engaging and kept us busy and laughing.The beach had great service and the sunrise/sunset was spectacular.Our room service fro Anna was excellent.Maybe add a third restaurant with reservations for a different flavor.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I've just had 3 weeks here after 2 weeks first time last year.... making friends and falling in love with Cancun we couldn't wait to return. The hotel hadn't changed since last year, our arrival was fab we got checked in very quickly and the bag guy Louis ( same as last year ) was a delightful welcome he remembered us which was nice and he was ever so helpful with all our bags and cases. we had afew issues with our room at first but these were reported and resolved straight away. we had a room on the 5th floor.. .smaller than the year before but suitable for us and the amount of time we spent in it. only bad thing is that we was directly under the 6th floor 23hour bar which most nights you could hear furniture being moved and the ball off the pool table dropping on the floor! spending everyday round the pool the entertainment team were just a dream they work so hard and had me smiling all day - Mike, Jonathan, Aldo and Magic high 5 to you all as you do an amazing job... I don't have kids but Andii in the kids clubs is a natural with the little en's. I went to the gym often which is a very well equipped clean and has air con, having Francisco and Dana close by if needed any help with the equipment =) Daniel & Anita around the pool and beach are just angels they are polite friendly and always there when needing a drink or two! food... its ok I think people expect more than they should its very repetitive but its edible fresh and warm so cant complain. no ash trays around this year so a lot of fag ends here and there and isn't very suitable when people do smoke as not many places to dispose of them! I loved my stay and hope to go back next year my only disappointment this year was that the staff are no longer aloud out with tourist who are staying.. for us this was a huge shame as we friended afew from last year. all in all I love this place I love the staff and I think anyone who I lucky enough to go here will have a fab time

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

We came for a destination wedding. The beach is amazing. The food was pretty good. The service was okay, but the servers were very friendly. Our TV barely worked the whole stay. Our sheets smelled and were not changed. The pool was nice but a little small. The entertainment was great because of Mike, Aldo, Jonny and Magic. Overall, we had a great time with our entire family gathering the service but could have been better. I would try the Hyatt next time, no children there.

Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Littleton, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

This was our 1st stay in Cancun, we always go to Playa Del Carmen, we will definitely come back to Cancun and to the Gran Caribe Real Resort! The Resort was beautiful, clean, food was fantastic and the entertainment staff was fabulous!!! Thank you Mike, Magic, Jonathan, Bryan and Aldo for keeping us entertained, for all the laughs and kindness you bestowed on us all!! Gregory the DJ was friendly and did a great job with the music. Thank you Francisco for the special attention when we arrived at the Resort and for getting us to our room! We received Excellent service from Alejandro, our favorite waiter, Daniel and Ruby by the pool and the waiter's at Pescadores and Maria's for the Mayan coffee show! MARVELOUS!! The evening entertainment shows were wonderful and entertaining! GREAT PLACE FOR A VACATION. Beach was beautiful. Thank you all for taking care of us and for the laughs and special attention. ☺

Room Tip: Definitely upgrade to a suite with the jaquzzi!!
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Bear, Delaware
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I hate to have to say this but I doubt we will return to this resort. This was our second visit and since last year so much has gone down hill.
Check in
Horrible this time and horrible last time....the reception agents are always trying to get you to pay more for 'so called upgrades'. last year was terrible - 2 hours was spent at the reception desk. mind you they allowed us to have the pink champagne but...we just wanted to go to our room and get to beach. This year we arrived at 12, but our room, and their 'system' was down, they kindly allowed us to use the facilities while we wait 3 hours. Which was lovely...our rooms were prepaid thru my travel agent. Then by 245 I went back to reception to be told they couldnt provide us the 2 rooms we had paid for as they didnt have any available??? hmmm??? There was a guy standing next to me checking in and they were trying to upgrade him to one of our types of rooms....so that was odd?

after much back and forth we finally got to our rooms...one was what we paid for, but the other was upgraded and whilst it was nice...we would have been much happier to not go through all that discussion and wait....and just be given what we paid for in the first place. We were supposed to have extras that we were told was not right....lucky I had the email the travel agent sent us listing the extras...otherwise we wearnt going to get them either.

The food has gone down hill since our last stay. Sadly I wasnt the only one who thought the same. 17 year old son said it wasnt near as good as last year...(i thought some had been reheaated from day before - some stuff was just horrible)

The beach is still lovely and so nice. The bar at the beach is still really good if not better. The restaurant by the pool is awful for lunch....food isnt buffett anymore and you order off the menu. DONT GET THE WINGS..they are all burnt and dried out...in fact.dont bother going there at all if you can help it. which leaves only one restaurant...the one next to the mexican restaurant. still good for breakfast lunch and dinner...the other 2 restaurants require you book before 1pm and the surf n turf is now $54 per person to go there...it was free last year. ???

The staff are still all lovely...they cannot do enough for you. laying by the pool youll never go thirsty as the staff are wandering around offering you drinks. But the pool is small, and to me I felt it was a little dirty...everyone was jumping in and out and I dont think its big enough for the amt of people using it...there were a few floaties and not enough chlorine perhaps?

The check out was quick but Im still missing my make up....I was sure it was left in the bathroom in my room but apparently not? I hope housekeeping find it for me....

I really enjoyed the aerobics by the pool, the music and bingo. fun stuff...but if I want all inclusive next time I will book else where....the hyatt next door is amazing. we went for a dinner there and it was 5-6 star. I paid a lot of money to stay here...much more than last year and Im sad its not what it was last year - in fact it was much less than what we expected.

Room Tip: VIP Gran rooms so you can use Hyatt next door. make sure they give you the extra arm band or go to 6...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Omaha
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

This was our 8th Stay & we noticed a few changes, some good some bad, the Location is Awesome, the food (depending on where you eat) is good, the Staff is Fantastic, from Daniel, Maclevio & Sweet Rubi Always Smiling & taking care of us, the beach & view is spacious & fabulous, rooms were Very Clean & bell maintained by house keeping, it is an Entirely New Pool/Entertianment staff but they kept things lively somewhat- the music at the pool is Horrendous could use some updating- our Biggest complaint is All the Small Children in the Adult Pool when the Hotel has a Kiddie Pool on the Other Side, nobody wants to hear Whiny, Screaming kids while trying to Relax, overall I give this hotel a Solid 3.5 Stars out of 5 & probably will go back, as Always a good Attitude & a Smile go a Long Ways- Enjoy Your Stay

• Stayed October 2014

Been to Gran Caribe Real Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!