“Massage” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Gran Caribe Real Resort & Spa

You added Gran Caribe Real Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Gran Caribe Real Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Blvd. Kukulkan, Km 11.5, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #46 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Miami
“Massage”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Anel, Liliana, and Betsy did an excellent on my message. I received a relaxing, deep issue massage and facial. The message was wonderful and very calming, soft music, body oils, etc. I wonder book another message with them.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
NicolasV547, General Manager at Gran Caribe Real Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Agree with you these gals are fantastic! And thank you very much for taking the time to commend them I will tell them. Best Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (733)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Wallasey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I have been to Cancun on 10 occasions which says I like the place I guess however I have stayed in a number of different hotels in the resort &for the last 2 years I have stayed in the Rael Caribe Reasort & Spar Hotel in the Hotel Zone, Cancun. Why have I stayed there 2 years running and will again next year because it is the most friendy, clean, fun, well presented hotel I have had the pleaseure to stay in. From the people who work in the laundry (who dried my pushchair went it got soaked) to the porters who welcome you on your arrival this is a outstanding well managed hotel were nothing and I do mean nothing is to much. Even prior to my leaving the UK I e mailed the hotel with some requirments which I recived confirmation of before I left the country as well as when I arrived they were all in place. The food, service, drinks, entertainment and general manor of everything in this hotel is second to none. Special mention must go to Enrique Vazquez the manager of the New Il Pescatore Reteraunt in the hotel thank you Enrique the food wine and service was excellent. Also mentioned in dispatches is waiter Hector Ignacio who for the 4 weeks we have stayed there has looked after us so well when we have dined in the Albatos Resteraunt, also thanks to Captain I Delfonsouc for his proffesional standards which have served the resteraunt so well. If you go to Cancun check out this hotel its wonderful.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
It is wonderful to receive this kind of reviews, Enrique, Hector Ignacio, Idelfonso and the rest of my staff will be thrilled to learn about it and I will congratulate them on your behalf we will see you here for the third time please look me up so I can meet and thank you personally we do have a lot of passengers from UK and is an honor to have you all in Mexico and with us. Best regards
Northumberland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

we've just enjoyed one of the best holidays ever, everything was perfect, from the hotel layout to the position on the "hotel strip" I couldn't fault it. The food in the many restaurants was excellent and all the staff were so helpfull and friendly, a special thanks to Adrian in the Govitas and our lovely house keeper karina.

Room Tip: we up graded to a sea view as the balcony was larger and the view superb
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Muchas gracias for your review I am sure Adrian and Karina will be very happy to learn that their services exceeded your expectations. Best regards
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

We visited Gran Caribe Real for our 26 time in September and fall in love with this hotel more and more. Even though sometimes I do not see some of the people from the first time but most of them still there. I want to thank the following people for making my stay a great one always and for going above and beyond to make my stay an excellent and awsome one Chef Ramiro gracias por cocinarnos tan rico siempre, Maria's restaurant Mario, Albatros restaurant Ademir, Hipolito, Hector, Jesus and everyone else sorry can not remember all the names. Restaurant Gaviotas Edith thank you for always making us feel at home you are the best, miss ya..all of you made us feel like family. Mario you need to change the name of the caba to Maria and Nicky's thank you for all you do for us always se te agradece en el alma. Lobby Bar excellent service Norma, Fatima, Felicia and Anita todos los muchachos de el bar. Gracias a los de el entertainment for always having something to keep us entertained. I will hopefully get married there in 2014 and a big group will be going to enjoy the hotel. Thank you GCR.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
NicolasV547, General Manager at Gran Caribe Real Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
Muchas Gracias for your outstanding review it is very refreshing to read your comments, I will make sure these great guys responsible to make you happy remain here for a long time and lets start planning that wedding soon!!. Best Personal Regards
yorkville, ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the GCR in September. We had our doubts about it for we like the adults only resort.BUT WE LOVED IT!!!! The Entertainment Staff were the BEST. They made our vacation FUN...a Super Shout Out To...... DANA ,ANDRE ,CINDY..and the rest of the staff.. They all made you feel like you were family. The Food was very good...the new Italian resturant was amazing ..FIESTA NIGHT is so BEAUTIFUL the staff put so much time and hard work on all the preparations for this awesome dinner and show.We were treated like royality. We are know wanting to take our grandson there after seeing all the fun things they have for toddlers to do.We will definetly be going back to see all the special people who made our vacation wonderful.....can't forget to mention the weddings we saw there were absolutely gorgeous..again the staff takes care of that...the beach is beautiful and we loved the bar on the beach with the swings...all and all we had a great vacation . Thank you GCR

• Stayed September 2012
NicolasV547, General Manager at Gran Caribe Real Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Excellent review, muchas gracias!! I will definitely commend Dana,, Andre and Cindy I couldn’t agree more, these guys are amazing even with me I am glad you like it and please next time bring everybody with you. Best regards
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Overall the hotel was pleasent enough. I wouldnt say it was 5 star. In comparison to an English rating, this would be between 3-4 star. I cannot fault the restaurant /bar staff, they will do anything to help and have a great work ethic. The elements that put a dampner on our holiday are the constant selling of one thing or another. From massages, to booking further holidays directly through their hotel, there feels like an added pressure that you don't really want on holiday. We experienced a staff member called Rolex( in the guest services area) who kept asking us to take some time out of our holiday to go on a tour with him to the hotel next door ( which is nicer and more expensive). we got cornered after saying we didnt want to go twice, and ended up agreeing just so we wouldnt be badgered anymore. When we changed our mind he got very annoyed and was no longer helpful to us at all.
The other main issue to be wary of are the tours. The hotel make out purchasing any trip from anywhere other than the hotel that you will be completely done over. I dont think this is the case at all. We did buy some from the pool area which were reasonable, but when you go through the operators at the front desk, they basically just make up the price and charge what they like ( but apparently its always a 'good deal' or 'best price'. There arent any prices as a point of reference and they often arent on display once you get to your trip location either. The prices with Best day change by the second, we actually walked about 10 metres from one desk to the other across the foyer and the same trip was $30 difference! Lomas and Best day operators talk very quickly and basically just want your money, the rep for lomas travel saw us out in a club and asked us how much we earnt so he knew what to charge us!
Location wise the hotel is good. Food is average and repetitive after about 4 or 5 days. I think there was a distinct difference between what the Amercians and the English think of this hotel in general. Different cultures used to different things.
We would only recommend staying here as a base from which to do other things. Cancun is not a reflection of Mexico at all, its very Americanised . Isle Mojares an island 30mins away by boat, is beautiful and you could be a million miles away from Cancun when you are here. Its much more traditional. But still, Im sure if you travelled further afield, you would experience much more of a traditiomal Mexico.
Oh and one more thing with regard to the trips, most you have to get a bus to yourself, very few abtually pick you up from the hotel and drop you back.... Taxis are in droves waiting to pounce on you outside , but its much better to get the bus for 17 pesos one way than a taxi for at least $10.

Room Tip: Unfortunatley we had a room by the lift on the 3rd floor and it was very noisy in the morning for b...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your review we at Real Resorts take the feedback from our guests very serious and all positive or negative are welcome needless to say we will work on the areas that you all feel need some polishing your comments will be addressed to the appropriate person to ensure corrective actions on the other hand I am glad that our facilities and services were up to your satisfaction. Best regards
Parrottsville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

the hotel ,the staff all food and drinks were very good the excursions and activities of this resort are great ,the staff especially a waiter named javo are great the beach bar to the lobby bar from the sun set grill to mireas to the 24 hour bar all food and services are above all exespations

Room Tip: just get as high a room level as you can for a better view of everything
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
NicolasV547, General Manager at Gran Caribe Real Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you very much for your great review, I will make sure to thank Javo for taking good care of our valued clients. Best regards

Been to Gran Caribe Real Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!