“You get what u pay for” 4 of 5 stars
Review of GR Solaris Cancun

You added GR Solaris Cancun to your Saves list
GR Solaris Cancun
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Boulevard Kukulkan Lote 59 2 Etapa, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #29 of 178 Hotels in Cancun
New York City, New York
“You get what u pay for”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

Just had a wonderful family vacation at the solaris. Some positive and negative thoughts on the resort. Checkin was quick but room wasn't ready at noon. When my toddler started getting fussy for a nap n I went to front desk to ask if anything was available at 230pm. I got a look at the watch, half an eye roll then a auto response of it is not 3pm. Finally got a room and it is right in front of the elevator. After waiting another 20mins, they tell us they have nothing available for another hour. Kid had to sleep, we kept the room.
The room was spacious. We requested a crib and it showed up with cute Mickey blanket n bumpers. Loved that. Bed is super hard but big. We paid $14/day per device for wifi that only worked on one side of the room. Fridge was stocked with water soda n some cheap beer daily.
Food was great. It was resort food for sure but there were some delicious dishes also that was above what I expected. Service in the dining area was excellent. We met a waiter named Gilberto the first day and he MADE the trip worth reviewing. He is always smiling and just looking to make sure you are having a fun time. He really seemed like he enjoyed his job and I noticed how much everyone at the other tables loved him also. Gilberto is truly awesome.
The only thing in dining I didn't like was there was always a line to eat. All these restaurants but they were never open all at once. Marco Polo is the only a la carte restaurant and I was pleased they still accommodated us even though I messed up the reservation time. Food was ok. A bit above average but much better ambiance than a buffet.
Entertainment at pool was good. The pool itself was perfect for my toddler to enjoy so we stayed mostly there.
Beach was beautiful but needs to be cleaned. Branches that were coming up shore were just being left so unless u swam to where you can't touch the bottom, you were getting scratched up.
Entertainment at night was good. Loved the magic show and generations show.
Checking out was a challenge. Waited 20mins the night before to get everything settled and when we asked for dollars back the man rudely said we need to find the change ourselves if we didn't want pesos. So in all everything was great except the rude and jaded front desk.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
SolarisHotels, Social Media Manager at GR Solaris Cancun, responded to this review, September 1, 2014
Thank you for writing your feedback as it helps us improve our services. We apologize for the inconveniences you had during your stay such as the inconformity of the mattress. We offer a foam topper to our guests who find the bed uncomfortable.

We are sorry for the perception you had from our Front Desk staff. We try to accommodate our guests the best way possible; we apologize for not accomplish it nevertheless we will inform our Front Desk Manager to take matter on this point.

Hoteles Solaris de Mexico

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (686)
  • Polish first
Carrollton, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

We absolutely loved the GR Solaris and will most definitely return! My husband and I and our two teenage daughters stayed in July 2014 for 5 nights. Our 5th floor room was comfortable, clean and quiet and overlooked the pool and beach/ocean. We never lacked for anything during our stay. Plenty of activities at the pool and beach, evening entertainment was awesome. My favorite thing about the GR Solaris? The staff!!! From the moment we arrived, we felt so welcome. Every member of the staff was smiling and friendly. From the concierge to the waiters and bartenders, to the guys at the towel shack, their positive attitudes were infectious. Makes me want to go back tomorrow! I will say that there were a couple of the staff who made our first experience in Mexico truly memorable. Emanuel was one of the kindest people I've ever met. He was so sweet to my daughters, always asking how they were doing and if they were enjoying their trip. We missed him even before we left :( Bartender Kevin outside the Rosmarinus restaurant was one of my personal favorites, always smiling and joking with customers. As for the food choices, we preferred the deli, which had fresh sandwiches in the afternoon and into the early morning. The Marco Polo was terrific. We went on Italian night and again when they did a wine pairing dinner. Both were excellent. Breakfast at Cafe Solaris was always wonderful. The fresh omelet and waffles were my faves. We didn't go outside of the resort and looking back on it, I can't say I feel like I missed out on anything! I can't wait to go back. Our first trip to Mexico was amazing. Thank you for such an incredible vacation, GR Solaris!

Room Tip: Higher floors are less noisy and you get a better view of the ocean
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
It is wonderful to read you had a memorable vacation from beginning to end. Thank you for writing a very detailed review; we are so happy you enjoyed the restaurants, the room and the facilities overall.

Please do not hesitate to contact us to help you plan your next trip to Cancun! Stay tuned on our facebook page for future shows, promotions, activities and more!

Aylesbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

This was our first trip to Cancun and it won't be our last. The hotel is immaculate, the rooms are clean and very comfortable and the views from both sides (sea and lagoon) are gorgeous. The food is plentiful and of lovely quality...you'll find something for everyone as there is so much choice. But best of all are the staff. They cannot do enough to help and are incredibly friendly. The housekeeping staff decorated our room especially for our son's birthday even though we mentioned it in passing! Special praise for Fredy, Honorio, Kevin and Joey. Please forgive me if I didn't mention more but it would take too long. Do yourself a favour and go there.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind words; it is always an honor to receive such complementary reviews. We are happy your overall experience was good and have felt an exceptional service from all the staff like Fredy, Honorio, Kevin and Joey.

We all look forward to welcome you back for another Solaris experience.

boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

I just want to tell everyone...we stay at GR Solaris from July 12 to the 19th and it was a awesome place. We are travelers of at least one to two vacation a year, been to all inclusive resorts before, GR Solaris has earned our pick for us to return. We have never been to Mexico before, we always went to Jamaica and what a difference it was. We are glad we picked GR Solaris... Thanks to all the wonderful reviews on trip advisor, we chose GR Solaris and did not regret it. Soooo... for you first timers, don't worry, food was great, the water you can drink and the beach and pools are excellent, you will have a good time...We were there celebrating my wife's birthday and they offer romantic room decorating and candle light dinners on the beach, we did both for the occasion. They had shows in the ballroom that were great, the Marco Polo restaurant is very nice...games and stuff to do at the pool all day and the beach...just awesome. We did off site Parasailing and the Sub-See adventure at Aqua World booked thru GR Solaris and again it was awesome. I want to thank all the staff at GR Solaris for making our stay so wonderful and a special thanks to Omar in the restaurants and Vermone in the Marco Polo for being so helpful all the time. We are booking now for April school vacation, cant wait till then.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
SolarisHotels, Social Media Manager at GR Solaris Cancun, responded to this review, September 3, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to write a very detailed review! We are very glad you had a blast especially while celebrating your wife's birthday. Also it great to read you enjoyed every moment during your stay such as the food & beverages, the shows and the facilities.

Thank you for pointing out how wonderful our staff is such as Omar and Vermon.

We are looking forward to see you in the near future.

Hoteles Solaris de México
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

This is the best hotel my family has stayed at our whole life. The staff were very pleasant, kind and professional. Very on top of things. The cleanliness is amazing, the property is amazing. EVERYTHING is amazing.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
We loved reading that you and your family had a blast during your stay. It is great reading that every single moment was unforgettable.

San Pedro, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

This was my 2nd trip to GR Solaris and they did not disappoint again we had such an amazing trip. This trip was an adult trip that included 8 adults and we had an amazing week here. The staff was just as friendly as I remembered from the first trip and we chose the ocean view with the jacuzzi on the balcony again and the room was amazing beautiful views and worth the money. The food and shows were fun and glad we decided to go back to this resort again. We went to Chichenitza and swam in a beautiful cenote it was definitely worth the day trip. The staff photographer was amazing the pictures we took on the beach came out so great worth every $.

Room Tip: A ocean view room with a jacuzzi is worth the extra money
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

My family and I had the absolute pleasure of staying at the GR Solaris Cancun for 4 days and 4 nights. Firstly, we chose this place through United Vacations, as it was an inexpensive option for a family of 4 in a tropical location. Since it would be our first time visiting Mexico, let alone Cancun, we had no idea what to expect.

The number one wish that I would say every traveler has is that their needs are met and they feel cared for, especially while on vacation. I would like to make it a point to say that everyone that my family and I encountered at the GR Solaris was welcoming, friendly, and all-around wonderful to us. Whether it was Jose at the front desk who offered us the best room available with an ocean view, or Emanuel at the breakfast buffet who offered us the best seating available for breakfast, again, with an ocean view, EVERY person we met was kind and welcomed our every need with open arms. More employees at the GR Solaris worth mentioning was the sweet-faced young lady that served as the maitre d at the buffet dinner location at the hotel; the lovely cleaning ladies that created a different masterpiece with the bed sheets day after day; all the hard-working waiters who attend to your every need without having to write a single thing down; the GR entertainment staff who put on a wonderful private beach luau party for Pancho, the hotel's mascot; the dancers and crew members of the Michael Jackson Tribute 2014 show; the front desk employees who answer your every call and question graciously' and the bell boys who helped my family with our millions of bags.

I highly recommend any prospective vacationer to come to Cancun and stay at any of the GR hotel chains. My family and I were so incredibly impressed by the service throughout this entire vacation and we can't wait to save up the money to be able to come back here! We left our hearts in Cancun. They say in the all-inclusive package that gratuities were included, but these hard-working people work almost exclusively on tips and your recommendations. So please, if you are considering going anywhere for your next vacation, I highly suggest you consider Cancun. Your experience will definitely be worthwhile! An utter dream.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Been to GR Solaris Cancun? Share your experiences!