The GR solaris is a great place to go with either family or friends. It is an all inclusive resort in the heart of Cancun. They have numerous drinks on their menu to choose from and the options are endless. If you want to catch a ride to the downtown shopping area, take the bus! It is a few dollars and takes about 10 minutes or so to get there. It is very easy and convenient.
The entertainment staff are constantly involved with the guests getting to know you and ensuring you are enjoying your trip. They were by far my favorite part about the GR. They are very enthusiastic and personable. In addition to poolside entertainment they have a show each night in the theater room and often live music in the lobby bar area. You can play pool, enjoy a show, dance, or just relax and have a beverage!
The resort is very clean and the food is good. You have to make a reservation if you want to go to Marco Polo (the nicer restaurant). My suggestion is to wake up early to do so. They go very quickly as there are limited spots available. The other dining options are buffet style and changed their theme nightly so you were not eating the same thing every night.
Overall this resort is a great place for a getaway! We went over Valentine's day and they had many fun activities according to the holiday as I am sure they do year round. This hotel is kid friendly as well so feel free to bring your family!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- GR Solaris Cancun is an all inclusive beachfront resort that offers a range of facilities and a full slate of activities daily. Guests have access to two swimming pools, a spa tub, a 22.5-meter (74-foot) stretch of beach, and a fitness center. The hotel also has a marina, where non-motorized water sports, tennis courts, and a volleyball court are available. Other amenities include concierge services, a spa, a hair salon, and laundry facilities (no dry cleaning services). Business amenities include meeting rooms, banquet facilities, event catering, a ballroom, and business center with Internet access (surcharge for all). Three restaurants, two snack bars, and two bars are on site. Room service is available 24 hours a day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your GR Solaris Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gr Solaris Cancun Hotel Cancun
- Solaris Cancun
- Grand Solaris Cancun
- Gr Solaris Hotel Cancun
- Gr Solaris Cancun & Spa
- Gr Solaris Cancun Mexico
- Grand Royal Solaris Cancun