I have seen some great reviews of this hotel, and some that were not so good. First let me start off by saying that I have visited this resort about 5 times now. Last year we went to a different resort and did NOT like it.
GR Solaris is just simple, they make it easy for you to enjoy your time. This is one of the resorts what is well priced and although you shouldn't expect to come in and get VIP service from this resort it is also about what attitude you come in with. If I may suggest, email the resort prior to your trip..let them know you are a first or w/e timer and I guarantee that they will treat you very well. I think that as people we sometimes forget that to get respect and kindness...you must first show some.
The reason i keep returning is mainly due to the staff at the resort... there are better and bigger places to stay in Cancun but the service is not as good as GR. Depending on your stay and your attitude ..the waiters remember you and you will notice that they will sit you in their sections each day just so they can talk to you and serve you with kindness.
My husband and another couple stayed at GR for 8 Days and it was a slow week so we really got to relax and enjoy our time at GR. We loved the shows and and the food (except for Oriental at Marco Polo) otherwise it is usually buffet style dinners with plenty of options for you to choose from...LET ME SAY that this is not by any means fancy shmancy food...I really think that this is majorly due to the fact that the hotel cooks what Americans think "Mexican" food is otherwise if they made authentic you may not like it (which I think is wrong and they really should change it and make authentic Mexican food) My favorite is breakfast because you can get a lot of different options..we literately dream about the breakfast everyday before going on our vacation. GR has made sure you have ever option in the morning... and if you get hungry there is a snack bar by the pool with variety of different junk foods (please stay away from the chicken nuggets... there were awful).
Now all of you keep mentioning the "weak" drinks. I personally think that this is fine since they want to keep you in the pool to enjoy your vacation instead of DRUNK in your room. With all of the sun, you will be drunk very shortly.... id rather have 10 weak drinks than 3 strong ones, but just my opinion.
For anyone who have trouble with your back, please email the hotel prior to your check in or once you get there, and ask for a foam top mattress (this is just a padding they put on top of the mattress) Most people do not know that the hotel offers this...so please use it.
feel free to reach out to me with any questions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- GR Solaris Cancun is an all inclusive beachfront resort that offers a range of facilities and a full slate of activities daily. Guests have access to two swimming pools, a spa tub, a 22.5-Meter (74-foot) stretch of beach, and a fitness center. The hotel also has a marina, where non-motorized water sports, tennis courts, and a volleyball court are available. Other amenities include concierge services, a spa, a hair salon, and laundry facilities (no dry cleaning services). Business amenities include meeting rooms, banquet facilities, event catering, a ballroom, and business center with Internet access (surcharge for all). Three restaurants, two snack bars, and two bars are on site. Room service is available 24 hours a day. NEW Wall climbing and mini cinema Solaris. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Agoda, Amex, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and getaroom.com so you can book your GR Solaris Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gr Solaris Cancun Hotel Cancun
- Solaris Cancun
- Grand Solaris Cancun
- Gr Solaris Hotel Cancun
- Gr Solaris Cancun & Spa
- Gr Solaris Cancun Mexico
- Grand Royal Solaris Cancun