“Excellent!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of GR Solaris Cancun

Save Saved
You added GR Solaris Cancun to your Saves list
GR Solaris Cancun
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Boulevard Kukulkan Lote 59 2 Etapa, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #35 of 174 Hotels in Cancun
Laval, Canada
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Went at this hotel at the end of april 2013.

Okay first of, just want to say thanks to Feliciano at the Marco Polo and Roberto at Rosmarinus..(outside buffet) for there amazing service and there kindness!!

I Have nothing to say about any of those quality points, service, value, sleep, rooms, cleanliness,FOOD etc. Everythiing was perfect.

Only things is..... you guys!!
if you try to get a chair at the beach or pool under an umbrella... its impossible if you dont go there before 8am. People will put there towels on the chairs and leave to go eat and do other stuff before coming back to the beach or pool.

So thats about it...

But i had a realy really good time there with my girl friend and we sure recommand this hotel to any one.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Solaris H, Social Media Manager at GR Solaris Cancun, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you for recommending GR Solaris. It is great to hear that your stay with us was wonderful. Thank you for pointing out how great our staff is especially Feliciano. We take very seriously our guests comments so we can improve our services.

We are looking forward to see you soon.

^C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (539)
  • Polish first
Weehawken, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Wouldn't recommend this hotel 2 any1. And supposedly this 1 of the BEST Hotels in the Cancun area. Hotel room was very nice with the ocean view and jacuzzi in the balcony. The drinks were just watered down, food was soooooo horrible and when left attended crows would eat the food. The hotel staff went threw our stuff and took my money and my BF watch and they could only say was "SORRY". And that was it !!!

FYI
DON'T STAY IN THIS HOTEL EVEN IF ITS A GOOD PRICE !!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Solaris H, Social Media Manager at GR Solaris Cancun, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Please accept our apologies for not being able to meet your expectations during your previous stay at GR Solaris Cancún. As we have answered on your wife's comment "DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY HERE" we want to inform we did an investigation and we can't asseverate that the hotel staff took your money and your watch. We have never received before such comments and we are very sorry for this situation; please accept our sincerest apologies. We can assure that we are the most interested in solving this kind of issues as our guests are truly valuable for us.

^T
Columbia, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I'll echo what most others said about the GR Solaris resort... The location is fantastic. Doesn't take long at all to get there from the airport. The waves were somewhat strong, but swimable, even with the red flags. Everything was spotless!! The rooms, the grounds... We upgraded for an ocean view room. I think it was worth it.. Waking up to that - you don't get it elsewhere, so take advantage of it while you can!

The food.... meh... Being a vegetarian, I'm used to having difficulties. There were actually options at the different places, save the one you had to make reservations at- Marco Polo. We checked the menu every morning, and if I got lucky, there might be one item that wasn't meat or fish, so we didn't eat there. What I did eat elsewhere, I wasn’t wowed by. Except for the honeydew juice at the Café Solaris. Mmm…. My sister loved the breakfast there and raved about the omelet lady. Unfortunately, I don't have her name.. I do have Roberto's name from the Rosmarinus. He was sweet and friendly, and always greeted us and made sure we had everything we needed. Oh, and the ice cream at the Rosmarinus was sinfully delicious. :-)

I’d definitely recommend bringing cash to tip. We were there for 3 days and brought $150 in small bills. Trust me – the service will be so excellent, you’ll want to tip, even though it’s technically included. You’ll be taken care of. I didn’t come across a single ‘salty’ employee.

The pièce de résistance of the GR Solaris is the entertainment staff. It's what made the resort, and is why I might choose to stay there again when I get back to Cancun. So fun! The first day, I was laying by the pool, and Nahin prompted me to join the pool basketball game. Without his asking, I probably wouldn’t have joined, but was so glad I did! Met some really nice people I talked to the rest of the stay. I also played beach volleyball, and had a blast. Nahin also got me to join the group going out to the club at night, and even talked me into singing karaoke alone, which I don’t normally do. So a big thank you to Nahin for making my stay so engaging and fun!

I also got a big kick out of another member of the entertainment staff .. I don’t remember his name, but he had this patented strut he did – sticking his neck out, hands flexed backward, mugging – while playing volleyball, doing karaoke, everything. Very comical. And the staff's participation in the shows at night was impressive, although not entirely surprising. They are all good looking, funny, charming, extremely outgoing people, so of course they wouldn’t mind the spotlight..

I highly recommend the GR Solaris, and hope to be back. Sooner than later!!

Room Tip: Upgrade to the ocean view. Worth it. Oh, and ask for the pillow tops if you can't sleep on hard...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for recommending GR Solaris. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and had an amazing time with our entertainment staff. Regarding our menus, we offer a vegetarian menu at our restaurants, we apologize for the lack of information.

We are looking forward to see you soon and once again thank you for your feedback.

New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Will not recommend this hotel at all just got robbed this weekend!!! The hotel staff went thru our stuff and stole some of our items. The food is very bad and the drinks was ok. Only good thing was the room was very nice and the pool area. If they offer this so called resort for free just dont take it...its waste of time

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Solaris H, Social Media Manager at GR Solaris Cancun, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to leave this review. We are really sorry about the inconvenient experienced during your stay in our hotel. We remember when you let us know about the missing items in your room during your check out and we proceeded with the pertinent investigation without finding anything. We can't asseverate that it was our staff who stole the items as we do not have any proof that shows that. Again our apologies for the disconfort that this may have caused to you and your family.

^T
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I travelled with 2 girlfriends (late 20's) to the GR Solaris May 6-13 2013, and had an amazing stay!!!!

We had initially booked the GR Caribe by Solaris, and while it was a BEAUTIFUL hotel, with exceptional customer service (we stayed there for 2 nights), there was not much happening in the evenings. That being said, if you are looking for a very quiet stay in a smaller hotel then the GR Caribe would be perfect for you.

We took a tour of the GR Solaris and felt it was much more lively, so we made the switch! The front desk staff at GR Caribe and GR Solaris were very accommodating. We paid a lot more for the Caribe, and so when we asked the GR Solaris front desk staff for a room fairly equivalent in price, they did provide it for us (after a bit of pushing : ) ).

ENTERTAINMENT:
I think what really made our stay at the GR Solaris memorable was the ENTERTAINMENT STAFF! While they were all amazing, I would like to give a special shout out to DANNY!!! He is an extremely hard worker who always made sure we were having a good time, and were aware of and participating in the pool and evening activities (Beer competition, karaoke, limbo etc).

You can be guaranteed that there will always be something fun happening in the pool area during the day (but you do have the option of going to the quieter pool, away from the activities if you chose), and in the lobby area in the evenings (after the ballroom show), which will be led by one or more of the following fabulous people: Danny, Ray, Jennifer, Alion, and Christian.

NIGHTLIFE:
Went to Mandala on Thursday with Danny and Alion - Soo much fun! The club was packed, music was great. We bought tix from Danny (which is probably the best way to do it because you get transportation to the club, an area to sit in, and unlimited drinks once your there).

We did go out on our own too - to Elevate and another club (forget the name) - which was a lot of fun as well. But I will say it would have been nice after hours of dancing to have a place to sit (as is the case when you go out with the entertainment staff from the hotel).

FOOD:
Food was consistently good. We tried almost all the restaurants and cant complain. There were made to order omelettes in the morning which was my favourite. Breakfast also ran until 11:00 am which was fabulous. There is a ton of food and a lot of options so even the pickiest eater (like myself) will find something! The deli is great for a late night snack as well!

DRINKS:
Never had to wait for a drink, and there are a ton of great drinks to try!

ROOMS:
We had an ocean view members only room. There were 3 of us so we had a king and a pullout. I am very PICKY about the room and the bathroom so I was happy to see that the beds were comfy, and the bathroom was CLEAN!!!

INTERNET
Is a bit pricey. Would be nice to see some free wifi in the lobby as some other hotels in Cancun offer. At the same time - its nice to be technology free for a few days too!

SPA:
One of my girlfriends and I booked swedish massages, and we were very pleased. The spa also has a jacuzzi and steam room, which you have access to, but we did not use. The facilities are clean, and the staff was great!

OVERALL:
I would definitely come back here for a family or girls trip. It is a good value hotel, with so much happening that you never get bored. At the same time, if you want to "get away from it all" you have that option too with a quieter pool area, and an exceptional beach. Food is good, rooms are clean, beach is great, and I cant say this enough times - the entertainment staff here are really amazing!!!! So much so, that we didn't want to leave them behind!!!! Hope to see you guys again soon : )

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Solaris H, Social Media Manager at GR Solaris Cancun, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you for writing such beautiful comments about GR Solaris. It is always great to hear that our guests enjoy themselves during their stay. We are glad you enjoyed the entertainment, the SPA services and the quality of the food. We will make sure to inform our coworkers about your great feedbacks especially to our housekeeping and entertainment staff.

We are looking forward to see you soon.

Santa Rosa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I was there for 4 days and my family had the best time!!! we loved the food, attentive staff and a special thanks to our concierge rep: Peter. We arrived and he welcomed us with a drink took our luggage and was very good when explaining the hotel facilities. He later invited us to a member club invitation and was not pushy at all. We did not take the membership and it was fine. We got discount for going and we used it on our spa day. Peter also was helpful when explaining what Cancun had to offer in regard to things to do, since we were new in the area. Peter is very professional and friendly. My child also visited the kids club and Karla and Any who work there are so patient and so friendly. My child fell in love with them and was sad every time I went to pick him up. This hotel has something for everyone, no matter how old or young. The hotel is spectacular and I will defiantly be going again.

Room Tip: I got my room and it was a promotion with Hotel.com; got an upgrade for free and got a room with oce...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Solaris H, Social Media Manager at GR Solaris Cancun, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
It is always great to hear that our guests enjoy themselves during their travels. Thank you for pointing out how great our staff is especially Peter Any and Karla; we will gladly inform them.

We look forward to having you back in the near future.

Warm Regards,
Las Vegas, NV
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I thought the grounds and rooms were very clean and well kempt. Friendly staff. Lobby was well presented. Lots of activities scheduled at the pool area. Got to experience a swim up bar for the 1st time. There were DJs at the lobby bar at night. Then the nightly entertainment in the ball rooms were great! I really loved the Michael Jackson show....When I saw that the hotel had a show like this I was interested in how that would actually look....it was well done and got me off my seat! You will love it if you are fan of MJs music. I really appreciated this entertainment being included in the price.

Ok on to the more negative opinions....

FOOD: Before my stay I noticed the mixed reviews about the food...There a few good dishes in the buffet and snack area. There were some items that I didn't have a desire to try from the looks of them. Overall there is something for you to eat each day, but you may end up eating a lot of the same things over and over again. If you are a pickier eater just make sure you wake up before 8am to get a reservation at the Marco Pollo.

ALCOHOL: I wish there was an option for premium alcohol. There were a lot of bottles that I didn't recognize the name on the labels. They do try to pour the cheaper alcohol 1st before the more known ones. For example, they if you ask for a vodka drink, instead of pouring the Smirnoff vodka, they pour a vodka that probably no one has heard of.

Overall I think this was a great resort, will just need to up their food and alcohol game.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
We are pleased to hear that your stay was pleasing and you enjoy our entertainment, especially our Michael Jackson Show. It is important to us your feedbacks, therefore we can improve our services.

We hope you visit us again soon

Kind regards,

^C

Been to GR Solaris Cancun? Share your experiences!