We stayed at GR Solaris Christmas 2012 through the first week of January. Overall the experience was outstanding. Our family includes two boys, ages 7 and 2. Here are the pros and cons from a family perspective.
• An abundance of meal options at all hours
• Clean, quiet rooms
• Friendly staff that's eager to please
• Amazing entertainment staff, especially Jennifer
• Clean, well maintained facilities
• Safe environment – life guards, etc.
• Family friendly activities like daily bingo, kids club with games, activities, caring and attentive staff, etc.
• Very entertaining magician shows once a week for the kids – ours really enjoyed
• Evening entertainment (had difficulty taking advantage of this due to the age of our youngest)
• Clean, well kept beach
• Pools with varied depths for everyone
• Easily accessible food / drinks at all times
• Reliable internet (wasn't utilized much as this was vacation but appreciated)
• OUTSTANDING Christmas and New Year events / activities for the entire family, including a visit from Santa, who comes via parasail in Mexico (kids seriously LOVED this)
• Easy access to other parts of Cancun – right on bus line
• Bartenders (two examples being Louis and Ramon, who still come to mind three months after our trip) were outstanding
• Food is an epicurean's delight – plenty of options that vary from day-to-day and cover the gamut
• Some of the entertainment was on the risqué side for young children; we're liberal with respect to this but some may be out off
• No life guards at pools; while some may call this a negative we were comfortable as we believe that we should watch our children and not pass the responsibility off
• Evening entertainment starts a little late for young children but this is to be expected and thus not really a negative – mentioned only for those with small children
• Rooms facing the courtyard can be loud late, especially on New Year's Eve; rooms facing adjacent properties can be equally as loud – both acceptable given the holiday, in our opinion
Overall we LOVED our time at GR Solaris and intend to return – over the holidays and at other times.
At no time did we feel pressured or obligated to tip. Regardless that's what we do and it was appreciated.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- GR Solaris Cancun is an all inclusive beachfront resort that offers a range of facilities and a full slate of activities daily. Guests have access to two swimming pools, a spa tub, a 22.5-meter (74-foot) stretch of beach, and a fitness center. The hotel also has a marina, where non-motorized water sports, tennis courts, and a volleyball court are available. Other amenities include concierge services, a spa, a hair salon, and laundry facilities (no dry cleaning services). Business amenities include meeting rooms, banquet facilities, event catering, a ballroom, and business center with Internet access (surcharge for all). Three restaurants, two snack bars, and two bars are on site. Room service is available 24 hours a day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your GR Solaris Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gr Solaris Cancun Hotel Cancun
- Solaris Cancun
- Grand Solaris Cancun
- Gr Solaris Hotel Cancun
- Gr Solaris Cancun & Spa
- Gr Solaris Cancun Mexico
- Grand Royal Solaris Cancun