“Cancun” 4 of 5 stars
Review of GR Solaris Cancun

You added GR Solaris Cancun to your Saves list
GR Solaris Cancun
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Boulevard Kukulkan Lote 59 2 Etapa, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #30 of 178 Hotels in Cancun
Pascoag, Rhode Island
“Cancun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Just returned from a wonderful vacation at the GR Solaris. The service was excellant. Our RCI assistant Susy (Susana) was awesome. She made sure we were happy, always greated us with a big smile and assisted in anything we needed. The hotel was very clean and the entertainment staff made sure to remember your name. The food was average, breakfast buffet was the best with everything to choose from. The snack bar was good, and they tried to change it up daily. The dinner show buffets seemed to run out of food quickly. The dinner shows and bar entertainment were good. Adi was fantastic and didn't miss a beat at getting our drinks around the pool and always did it with a smile. The room was always clean, bathrobes/slippers were provided and a special "towel" attraction in our room every night. I would definitely return!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (726)
  • Polish first
Bowmanville, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We are repeat visitors to GR Solaris. Our last visit was with a Sunquest tour so they deal with any gliches that come up. No tours from Canada carry GR as an option any longer so we had to book hotel ouraelf this year. We had an amazing time once again thanks to the 5 STAR entertainment staff and the wait staff throughout the hotel! Ray, Alian, Christian, Vincent, Jen, Jasmin, and Anna are some of the nicest most outgoing people I have had the pleasure of meeting on vacation. I hope GR Solaris knows how lucky they are to have such an amazing group keeping this hotel a place people want to return to again and again!!!
Unfortunately the front desk service and management was the worst I have encountered in 25 years of travel to Mexico. I have seen negative reviews for the front desk but had not in the past had to deal with them enough to have an opinion. I was actually brought to tears my first night after a long day of travel when there was problem after problem with our reservation. Mistakes happen when travelling I understand but the blatant lack of concern for me and the issues arising was not acceptable. Part of the problem came from inclusions in my package that were clear and visible on my trip printout from Travelocity. The staff insisted that it was their mistake for including some of the things listed. When I chose my package it was done specifically for the extras which were listed as a special namely free wifi in room which due to an ongoing health issue with a family member we wanted to be in contact with home. By the end of one of many of the trips I had made to the desk the "acting manager" was calling me a liar saying these things would never have been listed online. I had my itinerary printed out with all the details in black and white with me! Some were honored eventually but I was told it was a courtesy because I was upset not that I was right? I am not a complainer, yeller or disrespectful ever and did not deserve to be treated the way I was! As well halfway through the trip the free wifi in the lounge they advertise was permanently cut off, many people were very upset and were also treated poorly when they complained...
My Break down_____________
-Entertainment staff 5+ STAR!!!!!
-Food is repetitive and def not 4 star but not bad most days and service makes up for it.
-Pool has pebble coating makes it rough and look dark but was clean
-Room is average not fancy but very clean
-Ocean View AMAZING!!
-Wait Staff 5+ STAR ( and I tip but def not a big tipper)
-Front Desk worst ever
-Front Desk Management Unavailable and uninterested
Even though we could do one of the others we have visited that rated much higher like Sunset Princess, Crown Paradise, Royal Cancun etc.we would come again for the entertainment staff that made this vacation so memorable! We will come not expecting anything from front desk so we will not be disappointed again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We just got back from our 2nd stay at the GR Solaris in Cancun. This was our 8th trip to Mexico and each time it gets better. Betty in administration greats us with a hug and starts our vacation off with a smile...she is like family to us. Nas in the Solaris member club was so helpful and couteous. Alfredo and Edgar in Rosmarinas were so kind and attended to our every need. They put us on the 1st floor which was smoky and a little noisy, but we decided to stay in our room anyway. We found out later they would have given us another room.. The food is amazing whether it be mexican or american there is something for everyone. The people are always so kind and greeted us with smiles every day. You can do everything or sit by the adult pool and do nothing. I would definitely stay there again! But next year, its the Caribe which is also a Solaris resort right down the beach from the GR. We have been members now for over 8 years and the timeshare we bought was well worth it. They are always improving their properties and keep them immaculate.

brdie...Jersey Shore

Room Tip: If you are a non-smoker, don't stay on the 1st or 7th floors as they are designated "smokin...
South Bend, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

We were there for 5 days in early November 2012. It's a small hotel, compared to many others in the Hotel Zone. However, the staff was absolutely amazing! They went out of their way to serve guests well, and always had a smile on their face... I was not amazed by the facility, but the staff, and their evening shows were pretty good ( some of them are not kid friendly). Again, the staff is what makes this resort stand up from the rest.. I hear many guests that have gone there more than 5 times because staff makes them feel at home.

Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

My fiance and I stayed at the GR Solaris in Cancun with another family who had children with them as well - we had the most outstanding customer service during our stay! I had previously read many reviews about the food not being up to par - I have no idea what these people were talking about. We thought the good was great! Especially the fresh fruit and seafood selections. My fiance and I travel often since I work for an airline, and we have been all over the world - when I say that customer service is good, I mean it! The wait staff took excellent care of us and the family with children - they were especially accomodating with the young children in bringing juice and milk whenever we needed it. Thank you for a great stay!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Richardson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

This review is being written specifically to commend two wonderful staff members at this fantastic hotel. They are Abigail (last name unknown), whose service at the hotel's pool area is beyond above-average, and Miguel Martin, our top-notch server at breakfast and dinner on several occasions. Both of these individuals were sincere in their friendly and attentive actions. They are true assets to this hotel's team of great people, and I would really enjoy seeing them again in a possible future visit.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Cape May Court House, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

My husband and I have were at the GR Solaris for 17days. This is our 14th stay at this resort.We have traveled to many countries as well as states in the United States and have yet to find anything quite like this resort. From the moment u exit ur van Noel Adrian or Aiden r right there with a smile hug and taking ur bags. Proceeding inside David and Charlie are checking u in seeing to all ur hotel needs. Margarita is the best Concierge the GR has. My daughter and her family were coming for the first time and upon entering her room it was decorated with balloons streamers and animals made from towels.My grandchildren went crazy.The entertainment staff headed by Ramone Rock!!!! They include everyone in their daily activities and cater to every age group. The more u participate the better ur time. The entertainment staff are the main reason so many people become Repeaters. Ray Christian Alian Vincent Jennifer ana and Jazmin are ur personal entertainers you will fall in love with all of them just as my family have. All ur bartenders entertain u as well with shaky shakying as they mix ur special cocktail Luis is always there with a smile hug or a hand carved item. Kevin Elder Edgar Abraham Rony come from behind the bar to serve u drinks if ur empty handed. While lounging Odely Adi Monica Andre continually keep u filled and refreshed. Betty is upstairs in the lounge also waiting on u hand and foot. Food Food Food always something to eat. Marco Polo being my favorite fine dinning headed by Oscar Vermon is of course our favorite waiter... Breakfast being our favorite meal the best omelets by ovilia endless cups of coffee headed by ringo gilberto luna salaga carlos. These are just a few examples of the excellent services provided by the staff. The grounds and rooms are spotless. I could go on forever about my Mexican family but u need to experience this for urself. You will never be disappointed.

Room Tip: Beach front rooms are magnificent. Lagoon rooms have the best sunset!!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family