“First-Rate Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of GR Solaris Cancun

You added GR Solaris Cancun to your Saves list
GR Solaris Cancun
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Boulevard Kukulkan Lote 59 2 Etapa, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Offers & Announcements
FREE RT AIRPORT TRANSFER
Ranked #36 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Richardson
“First-Rate Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

This review is being written specifically to commend two wonderful staff members at this fantastic hotel. They are Abigail (last name unknown), whose service at the hotel's pool area is beyond above-average, and Miguel Martin, our top-notch server at breakfast and dinner on several occasions. Both of these individuals were sincere in their friendly and attentive actions. They are true assets to this hotel's team of great people, and I would really enjoy seeing them again in a possible future visit.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (564)
  • Polish first
Cape May Court House, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

My husband and I have were at the GR Solaris for 17days. This is our 14th stay at this resort.We have traveled to many countries as well as states in the United States and have yet to find anything quite like this resort. From the moment u exit ur van Noel Adrian or Aiden r right there with a smile hug and taking ur bags. Proceeding inside David and Charlie are checking u in seeing to all ur hotel needs. Margarita is the best Concierge the GR has. My daughter and her family were coming for the first time and upon entering her room it was decorated with balloons streamers and animals made from towels.My grandchildren went crazy.The entertainment staff headed by Ramone Rock!!!! They include everyone in their daily activities and cater to every age group. The more u participate the better ur time. The entertainment staff are the main reason so many people become Repeaters. Ray Christian Alian Vincent Jennifer ana and Jazmin are ur personal entertainers you will fall in love with all of them just as my family have. All ur bartenders entertain u as well with shaky shakying as they mix ur special cocktail Luis is always there with a smile hug or a hand carved item. Kevin Elder Edgar Abraham Rony come from behind the bar to serve u drinks if ur empty handed. While lounging Odely Adi Monica Andre continually keep u filled and refreshed. Betty is upstairs in the lounge also waiting on u hand and foot. Food Food Food always something to eat. Marco Polo being my favorite fine dinning headed by Oscar Vermon is of course our favorite waiter... Breakfast being our favorite meal the best omelets by ovilia endless cups of coffee headed by ringo gilberto luna salaga carlos. These are just a few examples of the excellent services provided by the staff. The grounds and rooms are spotless. I could go on forever about my Mexican family but u need to experience this for urself. You will never be disappointed.

Room Tip: Beach front rooms are magnificent. Lagoon rooms have the best sunset!!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this resort over Spring Break, and found it to be very quiet and relaxing. The room was beautiful and spacious, and the staff was very attentive. I wasn't crazy about the food, but I could always find something to eat. It was peak spring break time, but not a party hotel. The bar service was excellent at the pool and the beach.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We love this place. It's small but large enough to feel like a resort. Staff is really wonderful and are there year after year. A few small updates would be great just like any normal hotel but don't change it too much or you will loose your homey feel!!

Room Tip: You shouldn't be in your room much as the beach and pool area are great. Don't party so hard...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Riverside, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Hello Travelers! For you that are a bit leery about chosing this resort, fret no more! I've been to the Cancun/Rivera Maya area annually since spring of 2006, and the last 3 years we have chosen the GR Solaris Resort.
I travel with my family which includes 2 kids ages 11 and 9, and they love it!!! There's something for everyone here! My favorite place during the day is to get a cool spot at the activity pool where the entertainment staff will engage in games all day, whether it be a silly beer drinking contest or a cool bingo game for everyone. My kids favorite part of course is the mini club, where as soon as they have breakfast are begging to go and partake in whatever fun activity Ani and Karin have set up for the day! Ani and Karin run the kids club and have become favorites for my kids, (well, myself included). :) We end up coming home with the kids hand made pinatas, frames and other hand crafted souvenirs!

Another favorite of mine is the breakfast buffet! HEAVEN! Made to order omellette bar, and of course endless mimosas to start off my day! Reservations for Marco Polo is also a must!

As stated in a previous review, the lobby bar is great to hang out if you have kids and cannot go to the clubs. Always fun and the kids enjoy being part of it. Another must do are the themed nightly shows - my kids loved them! Very family oriented. The entertainment staff definitely does their job in "entertaining!"

The hotel and lobby are beautiful with marble floors, beautiful plants and of course excellent service from staff. As I mentioned in my title - my third time here was a charm, "I'm a member now" and can't wait to visit again in June 2013!

HAPPY TRAVELS!!! =)

Room Tip: Opt for an ocean front room. It's so worth the few extra dollars. =)
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
abq
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

My husband and I just got back from the GR solaris and we had a great time. We upgraded our room on arrival and made the most of the jacuzzi on our balcony. The room was beautiful, the food was awesome and we could not have had a better time, the even have a quiet adults only pool. The staff went out of their way for everyone. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: We upgraded to the oceanview with jacuzzi and made the most of the upgrade
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Montebello, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This was my second year at this hotel. We were there August 2011 and 2012 and we are planning to go back August 2013. The food and alcohol were great the entainment was amazing. The Lobby bar is a great place to hang out if you have kids and can't go out to the night clubs, they have two live bands which are great and keep you parting with your kids until midnight. The most Important thing for us is that our two girls were well taking care by Annie and Karin at the kids club. They are great with the kids and my girls love them!! Every morning the first place they wanted to go was the Kids Club with Annie and Karin they were always doing some kind of activity with the kids and kept them busy. My husband and I are very particular on who takes care of girls, this is the only hotel that we have left our daughters at a Kids Club, we felt very confortable on the care that Annie and Karin gave to my girls. Annie and Karin are the best!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to GR Solaris Cancun? Share your experiences!