“Heading back for a 4th year” 5 of 5 stars
Review of GR Solaris Cancun

Save Saved
You added GR Solaris Cancun to your Saves list
GR Solaris Cancun
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Boulevard Kukulkan Lote 59 2 Etapa, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Ranked #37 of 172 hotels in Cancun
Wisconsin
“Heading back for a 4th year”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We love this place. It's small but large enough to feel like a resort. Staff is really wonderful and are there year after year. A few small updates would be great just like any normal hotel but don't change it too much or you will loose your homey feel!!

Room Tip: You shouldn't be in your room much as the beach and pool area are great. Don't party so hard...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends

2,309 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (513)
  • Polish first
Riverside, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Hello Travelers! For you that are a bit leery about chosing this resort, fret no more! I've been to the Cancun/Rivera Maya area annually since spring of 2006, and the last 3 years we have chosen the GR Solaris Resort.
I travel with my family which includes 2 kids ages 11 and 9, and they love it!!! There's something for everyone here! My favorite place during the day is to get a cool spot at the activity pool where the entertainment staff will engage in games all day, whether it be a silly beer drinking contest or a cool bingo game for everyone. My kids favorite part of course is the mini club, where as soon as they have breakfast are begging to go and partake in whatever fun activity Ani and Karin have set up for the day! Ani and Karin run the kids club and have become favorites for my kids, (well, myself included). :) We end up coming home with the kids hand made pinatas, frames and other hand crafted souvenirs!

Another favorite of mine is the breakfast buffet! HEAVEN! Made to order omellette bar, and of course endless mimosas to start off my day! Reservations for Marco Polo is also a must!

As stated in a previous review, the lobby bar is great to hang out if you have kids and cannot go to the clubs. Always fun and the kids enjoy being part of it. Another must do are the themed nightly shows - my kids loved them! Very family oriented. The entertainment staff definitely does their job in "entertaining!"

The hotel and lobby are beautiful with marble floors, beautiful plants and of course excellent service from staff. As I mentioned in my title - my third time here was a charm, "I'm a member now" and can't wait to visit again in June 2013!

HAPPY TRAVELS!!! =)

Room Tip: Opt for an ocean front room. It's so worth the few extra dollars. =)
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
abq
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

My husband and I just got back from the GR solaris and we had a great time. We upgraded our room on arrival and made the most of the jacuzzi on our balcony. The room was beautiful, the food was awesome and we could not have had a better time, the even have a quiet adults only pool. The staff went out of their way for everyone. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: We upgraded to the oceanview with jacuzzi and made the most of the upgrade
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Montebello, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This was my second year at this hotel. We were there August 2011 and 2012 and we are planning to go back August 2013. The food and alcohol were great the entainment was amazing. The Lobby bar is a great place to hang out if you have kids and can't go out to the night clubs, they have two live bands which are great and keep you parting with your kids until midnight. The most Important thing for us is that our two girls were well taking care by Annie and Karin at the kids club. They are great with the kids and my girls love them!! Every morning the first place they wanted to go was the Kids Club with Annie and Karin they were always doing some kind of activity with the kids and kept them busy. My husband and I are very particular on who takes care of girls, this is the only hotel that we have left our daughters at a Kids Club, we felt very confortable on the care that Annie and Karin gave to my girls. Annie and Karin are the best!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We were there October 21-28 for our 5 year wedding anniversary and it was easily the bes trip we have taken and we have been all over the US and Carribean. I was excited initally but honestly as the trip got closer i did begin to slightly worry because there were many negative reviews about the food so I will start there.
first off there is no all inclusives anywhere where you will eat filet mignon for every meal, if thats what you expect then you should get a regular resort and dine out everyday. the food here is great. breakfast is the usual international, pancakes waffles made to order eggs and omelets 3-4 breakfast meats hash browns fruit. It was actually my wifes favorite meal. For lunch there are 2 main options. The most used that I saw was the snack bar because it was right beside the pool. made to order burgers, grilled cheese, they have nachos and most days they either had chicken, beef or both to go with that or nachos. some type of chicken wing and fries. they also had local snacks which we tried as well. Then they have another buffet outside always with chicken beef or pork, with sides rice potatoes etc. We actually did both places most days because of the outstanding beach and pool which ill get to later. Dinner is actually usually 3 options. you have another buffet simialr to the lunch which was good. Then each night there is some type of entertainment and they have a dinner based on that them and the top of the line for this resort is Marco Polo which you need reservations for. The best night we had was italian night. I had chicken wrapped with proscuitto and potatoes and my wide had surf and turf. very nice venue awesome. PLUS they have room service 24 hrs per day included. I honestly feel the people who didnt like the food were expecring way more than what they paid for.
the rooms were almost perfect. we got the ocean view so we could see whole pool area and a breathtaking view of the gorgeous ocean. Everyday we woke up and literally shook our heads in awe. and we have see most of the beaches on the atlantic side and this tops them all easily. the only negative I will say was the beds were kinda hard and I like firm beds so for a person that doesnt its probrably really bad. Nice bathroom they keep the room clean and refrigerator stocked. it does have an inroom safe that we used. a weird note is that the tv channels seems to change throughout the day. Sometimes we would look and have 3 tvguide channels other times some channels would be english or spanish.. primarily spanish btw. but it wasnt that big a deal for us because we were out most of the day.
Pools beach and entertainment all A+,. the best show is Michael Jackson tribute but all shows were good. You can tell they were professional dancers and choreographers. the beach is simply breathtaking. the waves were slightly rough but I think thats just becuase hurricane sandy was forming. jetski was a blast. the beach vendors were not as aggresive as other places which is good. the staff was great. They had your typical pool games throughout the day and each night they took a bus out to a night club which was really cool and convienent.

all and all this resort is awesome. evidence is we were there in the offseason and it was packed the whole week at dining and pool etc yet me and my wife spent the week trying to determin if either hotel beside us was even open. there were other people down the beach but im just saying.

Room Tip: the only difference is between ocean view and oceanfront is the angle of your room but both are awes...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Saskatoon, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We want to say that we have stayed a couple of times at this hotel when we go to Mexico. It never disappoints us. While the hotel is small, the service is second to none. The staff is amazing. They go above and beyond!! Hector arranged a good price for us to get to Playa, Gilberto was excellent in his service to us, and a big hats off to Obilia, the wonderful cook who makes omelets to order. WE also made fast friends with Noel, part of the bell staff.

As well, the Mexican show was outstanding. WE were so impressed with the performances! It was a top rate show. And we love this hotel, because the food is well prepared, well presented and delicious. The beach here is well kept and at this time of year there was plenty of room for everyone.

You can't go wrong if you want a smaller family type feeling to a hotel. They will treat you as if you are their family!

Room Tip: If you want a jacuzzi on the balcony, be aware that they are on the second floor only and are not pr...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

This is a place you go with friends..don't go on a honeymoon here ..The food is unedible and I'm not picky I'm a guy I can usually eat anything..the Marco polo restraunt was a complete joke the steak was disgusting..anyways the beach is really nice and clean the grounds are nice and clean..the pool is coated in some kind of material that makes your feet bleed..I went with 12 people and all of us had bloody cut up feet from the pool.The employees are all very nice..the bars have the cheap alcohol and very sweet drinks..I wouldn't go back..I went to Live Aqua last year and it was awesome..spend the extra money and go there

• Stayed October 2012

Been to GR Solaris Cancun? Share your experiences!