“Modern hotel, amazing price.” 5 of 5 stars

Aloft Cancun
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Blvd Kukulkan Km 9, Hotel Zone, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Ranked #54 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Sacramento, California
“Modern hotel, amazing price.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

This sleek and modern hotel offered rooms at an amazing price and sits just one street off of the beach. Rooms look out onto the ocean or lagoon, are well sized with modern amenities (the shampoos felt and smelled great), with cool decor and nice touches. The bed was gigantic and very comfortable!

The hotel offers a breakfast buffet (not included!), has a central pool table, fitness center, and impressive pool on the roof (great for early evenings after visiting the beach all day before going out for the night), and even has a welcome package for doggies (40lbs or less).

The staff were very friendly and informative and quick to respond to any needs (we had a confusion with our breakfast dining situation which was solved immediately). If you plan to hit the party scene, ask if the hotel has any specials (we received a discount to one of the main clubs, including drinks and dinner, for half the price).

Hotel offers complimentary valet parking. We look forward to staying at Aloft hotels around the world. Well worth the money!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Ivonne A, Social Media Coordinator at Aloft Cancun, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Thank you very much tashinabrito!

For your “Modern hotel, amazing price” nice review for us on Trip Advisor. It is very gratifying to read that our talents were able to provide you an A+ service and that you enjoyed the hotel facilities such as our comfortable rooms and our amenities as well as the roof garden!

We will be looking forward to host you again in the future, so if your travels take you back to Cancun don’t forget to give us a buzz so we can continue to amaze and amuse you.

Warm regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

Good location but not on beach front, near restaurant and bars. free access to beach at a beach club. Employees are great and they try to accommodate you. The hotel has a restaurant, bar and a food station open 24hrs. The windows do not open, but a problem for me. AC works well.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much Alwaysinasuitcase!

For have recently stayed with us and also for writing such a nice review for us here on Trip Advisor. It is very gratifying to read that our talents were able to provide you an A+ service and that you enjoyed the hotel facilities like our Refuel, our WXYZ bar and our Nook Restaurant.

If your journey takes you back to Cancun, give us a buzz so we can amaze and amuse you once again at Aloft Cancun.

Warm regards,
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Firstly this was a bonus trip for me a last minute booking. I wasn't looking to spend a fortune and wanted to try a different hotel in Cancun. I could have spent maybe $400 dollars more and stayed at a resort in the same area but I thought i'd give this hotel a try since Aloft hotels always have a great vibe to them. I booked and ocean view room and yes I could see the ocean from my room along with the Fiesta Americana Coral Beaches' maintenance yard. Not what I am used to but pretty much what I expected. The pool is on the roof and the views are stunning. It was kinda a bummer having all that beautiful ocean around me and not being on the beach. They hotel gives you access to a beach I kinda had to ear hustle about it because no one told me personally and then I had to practically pry the information out the the girl at the front desk. The pool 'opened' at 8am every day BUT you had to wait for them to set up the chairs each day. The loungers require cushions to use them so you can't lay out in the sun until they are set up. Unfortunately this was very inconsistent… My first day it was after 10:00 (the front desk said they set up at 10:00 each day, after 11:00 the next, 9:00, 10:30, then there was the PARTY on a Saturday night. They were setting up for it throughout the day on saturday. The music was blaring well past midnight but it wasn't that bad, I feel bad for the people on the higher floors. BUT the next morning what a mess they left on the roof. It went from being immaculate every day to disgusting and it was left like that most of the morning. Candy, garbage, piles of cupcakes and limes on the ground, I planned on spending my last day in Cancun relaxing on the roof I couldn't stand looking at the mess or waiting for the staff to set up the pool area so I found something else to do. I had issues with getting my room cleaned. I would return to my room well after 5:00pm each day and for the first 3 days my room hadn't been cleaned. I had to go to the front desk and complain each day to get them to clean it. I guess they got it after that. I think this hotel has the potential to be a great property I just think they are suffering from lack of staff. Most of the staff was helpful and nice while others were just eh… Overall if you are looking for an inexpensive get away and can handle not being on the beach this is a great spot.

Room Tip: I think the Lagoon Views might be better
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Ivonne A, Social Media Coordinator at Aloft Cancun, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Thank you very much Genntonik!

For have stayed with us and also for taking the time to write a review for us!

I want to apologize for the delay on the cleaning service, this is not the service we aim to provide to our guests and I am really sorry it happened to you. Please be sure we will use your comments to improve our service.

Please give us a buzz next time you are in town so you can witness our improvements.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

My husband and I stayed in the Aloft Cancun for 3 days while attending a wedding at The Le Blanc Resort. The staff is friendly and prompt. They welcomed us with a delicious drink that had habanero, spicy and so worth trying. Our rooms were clean and pleasant, we had a great view of the ocean. On Sundays they have a breakfest buffet which is so worth trying, the price was right and plentiful. Our waiter Ariel was exceptional with great advice and excellent service. Would definetly recommend staying at the Aloft Cancun, you are at walking distance to the plaza, night life, and the beach ! Didn't waste much money on taxi because we were in the right place.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Ivonne A, Social Media Coordinator at Aloft Cancun, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Thank you very much Priscila A for your amazing review for our hotel. For us is very encouraging to learn that our guests had an A+ experience and that our talents were able to amaze and amuse you with their service!
We are very happy with your comments and we will be looking forward to host you again.
Estonia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

Not wanting to stop too long in Cancun we just wanted a place for one night so that we could get a taste of the famous nightlife but not break our bank in one of the luxurious hotels. And then we found this place. It was truly excellent for that price! Brand new, squeaky clean, helpful staff, very nice pool-bar with a killer view... Rooms were comfortable, bathrooms modern and clean.
We arrived a little early, so our room wasn't ready yet, but the nice girl at the reception took our bags and gave us the hotel slip to a nearby beach club that the hotel customers can use for free. She even offered us towels. Beach club was fine too - beautiful beach and comfy chairs, just way too loud music.
Anyway, we truly liked this hotel. It's not your typical all-inclusive beach resort - I think it's actually better, as it has it's own character.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Ivonne A, Social Media Coordiantor at Aloft Cancun, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Hi Applefee!

Thank you very much for your recent stay at Aloft Cancun and also for your “Excellent” review you wrote for us!

We really appreciate your comments and we are pretty happy to read that you found our rooms comfortable, modern and clean and and also that our talents were able to amaze and amuse you with their service!

If your journey takes you back to Cancun at some point in the future please remember to give us a buzz to help you make your reservation.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

hotel was overall godd, only bad point is that our room has not been cleaned during our 2 days stay. breakfast place is good, and service is great. they are ose to the beach and offer voucher to go to a nearby beach club called mandala. there service is really poor, way too loud music and unfriendly service. i would suggest to go some palce else to the beach.

• Stayed November 2013
Thank you very much Sandy L for your kind comments regards your stay at Aloft Cancun, we are happy to read that our talents were ble to provide you an A+ experience with their service!
Please be sure we will consider all your comments to improve our re:fresh (housekeeping) service.
We hope you can visit us again in the future, we will be more than happy to host you!

Cambridge, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Recently stayed here for 3 nights. Central location,new, rooms well appointed. Wonderful front desk staff who go the extra mile. Pool on rooftop with great views of Cancun and a swim up bar. Restaurant off lobby served excellent meals at reasonable prices. Walking distance to nightlife.
Boutique hotel feel, love to come back to this property

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Ivonne A, Social Media Coordinator at Aloft Cancun, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear Robbodobbo!

Thank you very much for having recently stayed with us and also por the "Hip,clean,friendly staff" review you wrote for us!

It is great to know that you enjoyed our convenient location, our confortable rooms and the amazing view from our Roof Garden but what it's truly encouraging is to learn that our Aloha Desk talents were able to delight you with an A+ service!

Please give us a buzz next time you visit Cancun and remember Aloft is your home away from home.

Kind regards.

Been to Aloft Cancun? Share your experiences!