“Nice and special..” 4 of 5 stars

Best Rate Guaranteed
Ranked #61 of 179 Hotels in Cancun
“Nice and special..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We have stayed here for 1 night and this is a nice hotel, very modern and special.
The looby is beautifull with a nice bar and a dj on the weekend.
I would have give them 5 stars but when we left we asked to check out in 1 instead of 12 but they say the hotel is full, which is a lie beacuse its empty!.
Small things that change a lot (they didnt have to but its the feeling)

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Ivonne A, Social Media Coordinator at Aloft Cancun, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your “Nice and special..” review for us!
It is a pleasure for us to know that you enjoyed our Relax lobby area with its open spaces and sassy decoration as well as de WXYZ bar ideal to meet, mix and mingle with live DJ on the weekends.

Despite our check out is at noon I truly regret we were not able to let you check out at 1, it could be probably one of those days when we have a group arriving and we have to have the rooms ready before the check in time.

Next time you visit us please let us know at check in that you are going to need to check out at 1 and if the occupancy allows it, we will be more than happy to let you have a late check out.

Thanks again for visit us and for your comments.

Kind regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

First off, let me tell you I have been around the block when it comes to Cancun. Stayed up and down the boulevard in several fancy hotels like Westin Lagunamar, etc. But for this quick weekend away to Cancun we chose the Aloft Cancun. My logic was as follows - I wanted to go to the beach but I also wanted to have close proximity to the clubs, bars, etc without having to take the bus back to the hotel each night. Here goes. We pull up to the brand spanking new hotel on a thursday night and sha-bang they are having their grand opening party...red carpet, cocktails, bites to eat, a photo booth, Mexican Socialites, DJ's and a huge fluffy dog that had to be about 6 feet tall when he stood on all fours! All of that let me know cha- ching I picked the right spot!! Oh yeah, I almost forgot and they showed the Mayweather fight in the lobby as well as in the room (terrible fight but still had a good time). Now on to the important stuff that you want to hear about. The hotel is brand new so the rooms are clean, decent sized, modern minimalist decor (think Ikea-esque), energy saving ( the whole keycard holder thingy) and ta-da a rain shower (I enjoyed it daily). The rooftop is nice although I didn't use the pool. Instead I got passes from the front desk to chillax at the Mandela Beach Club which is a across the street from the hotel (next to the mandela club). For me this was a perfect spot after being out all night that we could stroll back to instead of having to jump on the bus and roll back up the boulevard. During our trip we did take the bus up to Isla to shop, do the jungle safari boat tour and eat a el fanta (other than that we stayed in the hotel district). Oh yeah there is a walking/running path across the street from the hotel and also the harbor to catch the ferry or to isla muejueres. My friends enjoyed this spot and I enjoyed this spot. I wouldn't hesitate to come back and stay again for a quick weekend in Cancun.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Ivonne A, Social Media Coordinator at Aloft Cancun, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Dear seetheworldgirls,

Thank you very much for having recently stayed with us here at Aloft Cancun and thank you very much for taking some minutes to write such an amazing review for us!

I am very excited to read that you had an A+ experience while staying with us and you enjoyed not only our very convenient location (steps away from the party zone) but also our grand opening party!

If there is any other comment you may want to extend us please do not hesitate on letting me know and please give us a buzz next time you are in town, we will be more than happy to have you as a guest.

Best regards,
Claremont, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

OK, I want to be deliberate in my review because you'll either love this place or hate this place.

The lobby is like a modern loft, complete with round check-in desk, pool table, chic (though uncomfortable) lounge chairs, and a bar. As you look around you'll notice one key thing: 95% of the hotel guests are in their 20's or 30's. I was 42 years old and was easily the oldest guest I ever saw. No worries as my mental age is about 32 (haha).

The front desk has issues (staffing): Daniel was manning the desk most of my stay. He was great, although not very helpful with providing any local restaurants to visit. His view was: if you want something worth eating, take the bus to downtown (10 minute ride). As I ate around the hotel for 3 days, I surely now agree with him. :-) But the big concern with the front desk is no other staffing mostly. And this means that it can get hella-busy. Then the waits....etc. *sigh*

The hallways and rooms are immaculate. Brand new (3 months old) hotel. The key entry is modern but beware that the doors don't shut on their own. You need to make sure they'll fully shut as you exit. The rooms, themselves are very colorful and of a good size. The furniture, however, is "shoddy chic" I like to say: i.e. a futon you might pick up at IKEA for $150. There was also a very small bean bag that lay on the floor between the bed and the window. I, for the life of me, could not figure out why. It would not support a child older than 3 years old, it was that small. It just lay their like a small, blue, lifeless sack. I would have rather it be removed to allow for more floor space. The other big negative of the room is the window. It is ridiculously small. And although I had an ocean view from my room, it wasn't worth viewing as the window was so small. I felt like I was in a prison cell. Depressing when you're right at the beach.

The bathroom is great! A lovely waterfall shower, modern loft factory door that allows the closet to open when the bathroom door is slid shut and closes the closet when you open the door and slide it back. Really great!

Anyone who complains of the bed is nuts. The bed slept wonderfully! Very good beds and nice covers.

There is a killer pool on the top floor! Unfortunately, I went in Sept (off season) and they did not staff a bartender (it has a swim up bar) and they did not supply cushions for the chairs either. So, it wasn't as great as it will be in the summer. Again, however, a lot of 20 somethings drinking and getting loud which is cool if that's your bag.

Lastly, if you're looking to party (and you're 20-40), this hotel is definitely for you. It is in the heart of all the big clubs (Coco Bongo is only a 5 minute walk down the street). When I checked in, I got stuck across the hall from the loudest group of mid 20's partiers. They were smoking in their rooms (disallowed with a $300 fee if caught), screaming at each other, and basically being a-holes. I would have loved to have videotaped them and sent it to all their parents....they'd be so sad to see their children behave so badly. They were so disrespectful -- both to other guests and the hotel policies. I asked the management to move me and they did, without hesitation. They said they knew the room was a problem, but it was the only king room facing the ocean they had available (my request). I took a room on the next floor with 2 queen beds and it was fine.

Overall, for the price ($85/night) and location, the hotel is definitely a good value. However, if you're older than 45 or 50, you'll probably hate it. It's not geared to you. You'll find the kitsch cheap and stupid. If you're 20-40 and love to party, this place will very much appeal to you.

Room Tip: get one facing th
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Ivonne A, Social Media Coordinator at Aloft Cancun, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear Mr. ATLconsultant,

Thank you very much for having recently stayed here at Aloft Cancun and also thank you for taking some more minutes of to write a review for us.

For us is very important to know our guests opinion because it help us to pinpoint the areas where we need to work harder and the areas where we are doing something good.

Aloft hotels are always popping up on unexpected places and as you mentioned we are conveniently located very close from the best nightlife in Cancun. It is very pleasing to read that you liked our amazing Roof Garden Area where the Splash Pool is located.
I also read on your comments that you enjoyed some features of the Aloft Rooms such as our comfortable beds and the shower. On the other hand and I want to thank you for your opinion regards the furniture on the room and the hotel, we aim to be different by design but you can be sure that I will share your opinion to the decoration team.

Regards your comment about staffing, I already extended your comments to Daniel on the Aloha Desk and the Supervisor of the area in order for them to know our guests' perspective.

Again, thank you for your comments and please don’t forget to give us a buzz next time you are on our amazing city, we will be very happy to welcome you again.

Best regards,
Tel Aviv
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is very modern.The beds are very nice and comfortable...it is in a very good location...there is bus number R-1 that takes you everywhere 24 hours...It is very near Coco Bongo but in quiet area...the shower is great and the pool on the roof is the best

• Stayed September 2013
Ivonne A, Social Media Coordinator at Aloft Cancun, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

On behalf of all the talents at Aloft Cancun I want to thank you for have taken the time to review our hotel.
We are excited to read you enjoyed our convenient location nearby of the best nightlife of Cancun, the bright and bold spaces of our hotel such as our Splash Pool located on the Roof Garden and our cozy rooms.
Don’t forget to give us a buzz next time your journey takes you back to our amazing city.
Kind Regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

Such a cool experience! We stayed at Aloft during its grand opening. We joined in the party and had a one of a kind experience. The rooms are trendy and clean. The lobby bar was a great place to get the party started. We ran into the hotel manager in the lobby one night. He invited us to the grand opening event. Which was a flashy red carpet party. Models, photographers, media and even a well known Dj made for an unforgettable evening. The staff were right there to help with anything we needed. Thank you Aloft you rocked our vacation!

• Stayed September 2013
Ivonne A, Social Media Coordinator at Aloft Cancun, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for having recently stayed at Aloft Cancun and also for writing a review for us.

I am very happy to read that you enjoyed our facilities and location, and in the same way it is encouraging to learn that we had the chance to amaze and amuse you during your stay, please be sure I will extend your kind comments to Martin Silva our General Manager and to our talents who were able to delight you with an A+ experience.

We will be looking forward to welcome you again if your journey takes you back to Cancun.

Best Regards,
East Lansing, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

We found the Aloft after spending our first night in a high-priced but worn property just down the street. What a welcome relief--the Aloft was clean, uncrowded, brightly colored and very European. Even better, the front staff all spoke excellent English. The room was roomy, the bed comfortable and the hot water showers were great! And talk about location--you can't get much better. Of course, the property is not on the beach, but it didn't matter to us and the lower price more than made up for the fact that we were just across the street from the beach.
We met the hotel manager and he was very friendly and gracious. When we mentioned that we would be travelling to Mahahual, he quickly made some phone calls to arrange for accommodations for us in Mahahual! Very nice gesture on his part!
The roof top pool and lounge were a highlight--you could look out over the hotel district and over the lagoon towards the city or you could look out to the ocean and Isla Mujeres--we caught a beautiful sunset over the lagoon while sitting in the pool sipping on umbrella drinks!
We invited a friend to spend the afternoon at the pool while we were out on business. The hotel charged 280 pesos for a day pass--but this turned out alright since our friend got a credit for that amount towards food and drink while up on the roof top. The sliders were excellent and made for a very inexpensive dinner!
We were treated very well, the location was great, the facility was clean and uncrowded, the price was much lower than other hotels--we will stay here again next time we are in Cancun!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Ivonne A, Social Media Coordinator at Aloft Cancun, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for having stayed with us and for sharing your feedback.

It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed our location, as you mention Aloft Cancun is conveniently located on the heart of the hotel zone; just a few steps from the beach and shopping centers. We are very happy to know that you enjoyed the hotel facilities such as the room, the shower, the Roof Garden and our Splash “Pool area”. It is encouraging when guests have left the property amazed and amused about the hotel talents, be sure we will extend your comments with our hotel talents.

Once again thank you for sharing your comments, please give us a buzz on your next visit to sunny Cancun, looking forward to welcome you again.

Best regards.
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

1st, I like to say I was excited to stay at the new Aloft in Cancun, but my excitement went quickly downhill according to the room card there was suppose to have complementary bottle water, tea and coffee in rooms. My phone in my room wasn't working. I had to keep asking the cleaning people for a bath rug. Sometimes the elevator doors wouldn't open all the way. My other beef with the hotel was it also read in card that they had on site 24hr laundry, which when I called to find out on which floor it was located I was told it's sent out! Get it together Starwood Hotels!

Room Tip: think twice about staying here!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Ivonne A, Social Media Coordinator at Aloft Cancun, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you Alfredo C for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us, in short we will be contacting you via message in order to have more information about your stay.

Best Regards,

Been to Aloft Cancun? Share your experiences!