“Best hotel ever!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 172 hotels in Cancun
Atlanta, Georgia
“Best hotel ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

My husband and I just came back last night from our 4 night visit at Nizuc Spa and Resort and had an absolutely amazing and relaxing time. We decided to go to Cancun last minute to celebrate our babymoon. There are several hotels in Cancun and we were looking for something that was high-end, chic, newer and not filled with a tons of drunk singles. This place definitely met our expectations. The customer service is by far amazing. The staff was super friendly and spoke English very well. The hotel just opening in late March, so the facilities were super clean, which I loved, since I am a neat freak and typically only stay at new hotels or newly renovated hotels. The staff was great with meeting our accommodations. We were initially given a room at one of the towers, but this room would have required golf cart transportation to the dining areas and large pool, but since I was 5.5 months pregnant my husband asked if we could be relocated to the main building, and they did not hestitate to make this accommodation! Our room was absolutely perfect. We were oceanfront, which included beautiful views of the lagoon and ocean and views of the swimming pool. Our room included a very large balcony, which we took advantage due to its beautiful views. Our room had its very own Nespresso machine with different pods. The bathroom had a rainshower! The swimming pool was an infinity pool and HUGE! The hotel offers 6 different amazing restaurants and the Mediterranean was our favorite! The Gazpacho was sooo delicious and the pizzas were incredible! Just thinking about it right now makes me drool.

Cons:
Need more lighting in the bathroom. Very difficult to put on my makeup, couldn't tell if I was putting on too much or too little.

Pillows were a little too soft for me. Wish I brought my own pillow. I didn't ask if they had any firmer pillows, wouldn't hurt to ask. I kept forgetting to ask until it was time to sleep....

Wish they offered they pool menu for dinner as well. Had an amazing chicken quesadilla by the pool.

Otherwise everything was great! Before we were leaving the front desk mentioned that they even offer babysitting services for those with children! That'll be great for our next visit with the baby!

One other thing I wanted to mention, you can take the shuttle to the hotel (only ten minutes away) and Nizuc hotel is the first stop. Shuttle is only $18 dollars a person, way cheaper than taking the taxi and super safe. They gave us a discount to take the cab back to the airport for $18 a person so it was worth it back.

Room Tip: Pick a room in the main building with oceanfront 1 level. Great view of ocean and very large balcony...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

307 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Korean first
Havre, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

This is a beautiful resort. We were there during the soft opening, which meant fewer guests and more personalized service. The room was beautiful, though after 2 nights of sleep my back was incredibly sore from the bed (maybe a ploy to get you to use the spa services). We had an ocean view room, with a perfectly situated balcony to watch the sunset. The rainfall shower never had terribly hot water but the bath tub did.

I will say, this is not a resort for the self-sufficient travel. There was ample staff to meet your every need, from valet parking to golf carts that would take you from your room to the pool or beach. This resort is a great way to get away from it all. I don't think you'd even have to leave, if you didn't want to.

I only tried the pool side restaurant and breakfast buffet. The breakfast buffet was delightful: vast array of fruits, omelets to order, empanadas, cheeses, pastries, fresh juice, yogurts, and more. Be prepared to pay $45 USD for the buffet (and if you want water...that's another $10 USD!) But there was plenty of waitstaff to top off coffee, clear plates, and even follow you around the buffet to take a full plate back to the table.

The infinity pool and swim up bar was beautifully situated to look over the sea. It was a great way to relax (and again, there was ample staff to lay out your beach towels for you!) There are several water sports to try, including kayaking, paddle boarding, and snorkeling. There is a small reef right near the resort with some beautiful fish: perfect for a first time snorkeler :-)

All in all, this is a beautiful resort--definitely expensive but a beautiful place to escape.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We stayed here for four nights for our baby moon. The facility is unbelievable, the attention to detail is out of this world.
We have stayed at many five star resorts all over the world but Nizuc takes it to the next level.
The rooms are gorgeous, we had an ocean front room with a very nice size patio.
We spent most of our time in the main pool which was just the greatest pool ever. The staff is very attentive and are there to serve you in any which way.
There are 6 restaurants and bars on the resort which were all great, but our favorite was Terra Nostra and chef DANIELE TONIN. His food was superb.
We will definitely be back !

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

We stayed at Nizuc for 5 days. We chose the hotel from reading the reviews online, so we expected great service and a beautiful location and amenities and the hotel still manage to exceeded any expectations we had. Simply amazing. The food, The drinks (Alfredo is not only one of the best mixologist I've ever seen, but he truly loves his job and is amazing with people) everything was perfection. The hotel has gone out of its way to train the staff to really make sure you feel like it is "your hotel" even on arrival they say "welcome home" and that's how you feel. Everyone knows your name, everyone is polite and really wants to make sure that you are having the best time you can.

You can go into town if you want which is only a 10 minute drive. We did that one day (and the entire time we were wishing we were back at the hotel). The restaurants are amazing. They have the top chefs around and the variety of menus will make sure you are never bored.

This place is a place to come and relax, to get away and really enjoy time with yourself, your family, or the person you love. It's very romantic. I would not recommend it for spring breakers who are looking to party. You will be disappointed :)

The hotel wasn't completely finished when were stayed (but construction is not an issue at all... so don't worry about that if it's a concern.) We were told they were planning a night club which sounded super high-end and swanky. CANNOT WAIT TO GO BACK! My boyfriend and I loved it so much that we are planning this to be a yearly getaway.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Oakland, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

We recently came back from Nicuz and had a great time. If you are looking for a place that is quiet and treats you like you are the only guest in the hotel then this is the place to be. The service was excellent, can't say enough about it. My whole family was treated very well throughout our stay.

My 7 year old loved the Kid's club. They have a great staff there that kept him entertained. My 14 year old daughter enjoyed the infiniti pool, snorkeling and water boarding, while I enjoyed resting up in the cabana and had a real "Corona" vacation :).

The staff went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable and everything was good. We ate at most of the restaurants with the Peruvian restaurant (Ni) turning out to be our favorite. The seafood was simply fresh and delicious. By the way if you get a chance order the fresh catch of the day from La Punta it was well prepared. The breakfast buffet at Cafe de Playa was extensive and very good. We did dine at Indochine and were some what disappointed especially because we love Asian foods. I did not think the food was up to par as the rest of the restaurants on the properties.

The hotel itself is beautiful designed and different then the cookie cutter hotels you find on the Hotel Zone. Our rooms were quite large and comfortable. The floor butlers also made sure everything was satisfactory and made sure we were having a good time.

So if you want a place to relax, slow down for the everyday life and be pampered Nizuc is your place in Cancun. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Ok, let's me start by saying I had a wonderful time of rest & relaxation in my
room and on the compound of Nizuc Resort & Spa. When I stepped out of the
airport doors I immediately felt clammy-the humidity was 85%! I traveled alone
and decided that I would simply catch the Green Line van to the hotel for $12 US
instead of paying the $80 US that the hotel said it would cost. There were six
other people in the van and Nizuc Resort & Spa was the first stop. I'm glad
the driver knew where the hotel was because it was not marked anywhere along the
tall brick privacy wall that surrounds the compound. When we arrived at the
security gate a few minutes later a security guard arrived to ask the name of
the person who was checking in. Once my name was verified the van was permitted
to enter and traverse the winding road towards the main entrance. Everyone on
the van was floored and in awe of the magnificent view thru the lobby to the
ocean and the six greeters waiting for my arrival. They all turned around to
gawk at me and requested to stay with me. After checking in a butler assisted
me to my room via golf cart and my luggage followed in a separately.

When I opened the door to my room I tried to contain my laughter. The room &
view were SPECTACULAR! I believe in treating myself so I typically stay in nice
hotels, but I'm confident in saying Nizuc tops them all.

A few things did bother me however they were quickly ameliorated. I'm a light
sleeper so after the long day of travel all I wanted to do for a few hours was
take a nap. My room was in the Ceba building and the tall wooden beautiful
doors seemed to never cease being slammed. I informed the front desk and was
upgraded to room in the main building that was larger but most of all had rubber
seals around the door. I slept like a baby. The other minor thing that
bothered me were the regular knocks on the door from the butler, greeting staff,
turn down service, etc. I came to realize that they only wanted to make sure
that everything was ok and that I had all that I needed. I ended up placing the
privacy sign on the outside of the door. Every staff person that I passed on
the premises greeted me and seemed to be trained to ask "where are you from?"

If you're looking for a loud party type hotel, Nizuc is definitely not the
place. It has an airy Zen serene feel. Low volume spa like music is piped
through the sound system. It does not have the moldy, musty smell like the
hotel that one of my friends was staying in.

During my three day stay in Cancun I only left the premises once. The room,
balcony, deep soaking tub, restaurants and private beach were to be enjoyed. I
look 15 years younger, feel great and plan to stay here again if I'm back I'm
Cancun especially if my intention is to restore myself again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Nizuc was an amazing vacation for my family! From the moment we arrived until we waved goodbye, it was amazing. Aldo, Eric, Leslie and Sandra were all of our butlers at different times. Such great service and recommendations of things to do.
Ramona was first class all the way. Great dinner for our family after a day traveling. Service is top notch! Several options on the menu. Good selection for kids as we'll.
Terra Nostra, was so yummy. The decor in the restaurant was nicely done. The chef made my husband's dinner to accommodate what he wanted, and it was fabulous. Must try the Tiramisu. Amazing!
Sebastian at the pool bar was so nice and helpful. We enjoying chatting with him, and his service was great! The food at the pool from La Punta was very tasteful. The pool menu was a great selection. I also asked for a few things at the pool for lunch that was not on the menu, and they were happy to accommodate us.
Moses, one of the lifeguards, took us to snorkel one day. Showed us how to paddle board and set us up to kayak. He went out of his way to make sure we were having fun and my kids greatly enjoyed it. I left my earrings on the pier, realized it later in the afternoon, Moses sent them to our suite. Such service! Can't explain how staff goes over and beyond to make you feel like royalty.
The kids club was great. My kids loved a Daphne and Andrea. They made sure the kids had a great time, we're feed lunch and content. Daphne also watched our kids while we went to dinner. she was a delightful person.
Housekeeping found a shirt I threw away (due to red paint all over it) they cleaned it and brought it to me, I was amazed at the service and so grateful she took the time to clean my son's shirt.
The room was always clean, decorated beautifully, and turndown service was always nice.
This resort goes over and beyond the normal. I am sure once the soft opener is over, it will be hard to get a room here. Such service is a quality and we are for sure telling everyone how great it is! We read reviews before our trio, I was scared I was going to be let down, but I was impressed even more!
Book the junior suite with the larger pool, it was so nice having our own pool for our kids when we wanted to relax.
Golf cart service is great to take you where you want to go around the resort. My husband and I walked a few places, and several staff members stopped to ask us if we wanted a ride.
First class all the way!!!!

Room Tip: Room with a private pool! Ocean view suites in the main building have fabulous views!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to NIZUC Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!