“Sensational” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 596 Restaurants in Cancun
Cuisines: French, International
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Enjoy at Les Cépages Restaurant a delicious "Foie-Gras Torchon". It will be a pleasure serving you.Best Wishes,Chef Sal
“Sensational”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I took my daughter for an early dinner last week. What a difference it makes to be in a restaurant where you are treated so special. My first course was the salmón gravlax, simply delicious. Her salad had the perfect presentation and flavor. Our second course was sensational for me it was grilled lobster over a bed of rice and salted vegetables. I highly recomend it! My daughter's petite filet also delicious. The menu may not be too extensive but chef Sal will have different suggestions for you. Wine simply excellent, price just right, music perfect. Congratulations to everyone at Les Cepages and thank you for that Sesational ocassion

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Les Cépages R, Owner at Les Cepages Restaurant, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear Mrs. Silvia:

Thank you for your motivational words. It was a pleasure serving you. We look forward to see you in a near future. Best regards.

Chef Sal

“Chef Sal is amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I wanted to go to Les Cepages because of the reviews I read. I am so glad we did! Chef Sal prepared a beautiful dinner for us and Raul our waiter served it perfectly. My husband's vanilla lobster was melt in your mouth delicious. My fish was flaky and flavorful. If you love food it is worth a trip to this restaurant!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Les Cépages R, Owner at Les Cepages Restaurant, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear Mr. and Mrs. Roat:

It was a pleasure serving you. Thank you for your motivational words. It is a commintment to achieve excellence in everything we prepare here at Les Cépages. We hope to see you soon on your next visit. Please take care. Best wishes. SIncerely, Chef Sal
Dallas, Texas
“Has great potential but needs some work”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We have had a property in Cancun for 7 years and are always looking for new restaurants so I was excited to read the great reviews of Les Cepages. Our experience was decidedly mixed. The restaurant has an intimate atmosphere and is well appointed in modern zen decor. Wait staff was very friendly and attentive, but not terribly knowledgeable about the menu. The menu is small in size but is one of the more interesting and creative menus in Cancun. Sadly, they were out of the escargot ravioli. And, out of both wines we selected. Wanting a salad appetizer, we inquired about the smoked veal salad and were assured it was a salad, complete with lettuce and other vegetables. Wrong. The veal was incredibly tasty but not a veg. in sight. The foie gras was more of a country pate than foie gras. Perhaps the biggest challenge were the entrees. I initially ordered the snook, one of my favorite fish that is rarely found on a menu. A chance encounter with the chef making the rounds informed me that it was not snook, but pargo, a baby snapper. Surprised the waiter did not inform me of the swap when I placed my order, I called him back and switched to the duck. There were no sides for sale so we expected fully composed dishes. Both my duck and my husband's lobster were cooked perfectly and had great flavor profiles but the dishes were decidedly single note. The duck, finished in calvados, came with carmelized apples, and nothing else, which made for a sickly sweet dish with no texture. Some baby potatoes and a bitter green, like a broccoli rabe, would have cut through the sugars and would have really elevated this dish. My husband's vanilla lobster came with risotto, at least, but it had the same flavor profile and texture as the lobster. We ended our meal with orange creme brulee and a hefty shot of zambuca. Again, the flavors of the creme brulee were fantastic but it was overcooked and resembled less the creamy texture of a brulee and more of a lightly scrambled egg.

This restaurant has great potential. Menus are creative and most dishes were cooked well but the false advertising on the menu coupled with lack of complete dishes left us disappointed. We will give this place one more shot to see if they can work out the kinks.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Les Cépages R, Owner at Les Cepages Restaurant, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Mr. and Mrs. Mauler:

Thanks for your great insights. Our commitment is to give our customers the best dinning experience. We really appreciate your visit at Les Cépages. It is a great motivation to have people that realy appreciate our work. We are looking forward to see you soon on your next visit.

Please take care.

Chef Sal
scottsdale
“DO NOT MISS THIS FABULOUS PLACE.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

This 30 seat restaurant is not in the hotel zone..it is way down town. .but who cares..fantastic gourmet experience . The chef visited the table. I toured the small kitchen.
All fresh food with a french cooking style.Not sure I would call the food French , but his background is..Wow
I was blown away and that is a feat in its self.The only negative was that he needed more customers..August is seasonal here..This restaurant is cleaner, decorated, has more wonderful staff , not to mention the quality of food and service than ANY restaurant in a major hotel...I know service and food and this chef/owner is spot on.
If I owned a major brand hotel here in Cancun I would work a deal with this place..free rent in exchange
for having the best restaurant in Mexico..

If still had restaurants I would bring this concept to the states...

Bravo to Les Cepages and to the best meal you may ever have! PERIOD

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Les Cépages R, Owner at Les Cepages Restaurant, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear Mr. Bob:

Thank you for your motivational words, it was a pleasure serving you. We hope to see you soon on a near future. Best regards.

Chef Sal and Staff
Baltimore, Maryland
“Simply Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

We went here last night, on a Monday. Half the time, we were the only people in the restaurant! Raul is the nicest, sweetest waiter we've ever had. He truly wanted us to enjoy our experience, and he succeeded!

Our meal started with a complimentary glass of champagne for our anniversary (the hotel must have mentioned that when making the reservation). So nice! I then had the salmon appetizer, and my husband had the veal loin. Both were phenomenal. For my main meal, I had poached lobster and my husband had lamb chops. The marriage of tastes was out of this world. We purchased a bottle of wine, And the house provided a chocolate soufflé and ice cream dessert for our anniversary. Chef Sal came out and talked to us, and even let my husband see his kitchen (he loves to cook), which was really fun!

All in all, one of the best fine dining experiences we've had. It takes a little while to get there from the hotel zone (we took the bus to town, which is 8.50 pesos per person, under a dollar each) and then it's a $3 cab ride to the restaurant. We took a cab all the way back (we are staying at the JW), which is about $20. It's worth the trip.

We tipped ~30% on our meal because Raul was so great, and our meal was still around $150. Places outside of the hotel zone are much lower in price, even an amazing place like this. If we ever make it back to Cancun, we will definitely be coming back to Les Cepages!

Dear Mrs. Laura: