We spent 7 amazing days in the Riu Palace Las Americas in the end of September.
The staff are wonderful, always making sure you have whatever you need to make sure your stay is memorable.
We were upgraded to a full suite ocean view for our Anniversary . The room did have a little musty smell when we first arrived. Thanks to all the posts we were prepared with air freshener. We always kept a fan on when we left the room and we never smelt it again. This is truely not an issue! Everything and everywhere is imaculately cleaned. I never even saw an ant the whole time we were there. Love the old world charm of this Hotel. The weather was wonderful. Looking at all the forecasts we were sure we would have a thundershower everyday. A small rain shower that lasted for a few minutes then just beautiful the rest of the time.
Big shout out to Wilbert, Juan, and Enrico, you always made us feel welcomed and always had a drink ready for us. To the rest of the amazing staff , Thank You very much. You all work so hard to ensure everyone has a great time. We ate mostly at the buffet, The food was really good, and totally awesome at times. We did enjoy the Steak Restaurant ( great filet) and Krystal ( fancy and very good) Love the Italian Restaurant, no reservations and very good .There is no smoking inside of the building which is really refreshing and very much appreciated. No worries, as there is plenty of covered places outside for those who smoke. You can smoke in your room. The beach is on the smallish side but just standing in the water and feeding the tropical fish bread was spectacular. The Riu Cancun is right next door and a quick walk on the beach.
The fight for seats next to the pool was not an issue for us. We loved just being in the pool and gazing out to the ocean from the infinity pool. We never had a problem getting lounge chairs in the sun or the shade with an ocean view.
All in all a fabulous trip and I just can't wait to go back!
One more thing a Big Shout Out of appreciation to Virgin America, for the smooth flights coming and going.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located in "Corazone", Cancun???S resort area * On the beachfront * Complimentary sun loungers on the hotel???S private beach * 8-storey building * 100 m/325 ft. To Hotel Riu Cancun * 120 m/390 ft. From a shopping centre * 10 km/6.2 Miles from downtown Cancun * 20 km/12.5 Miles from the airport * Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Amex, Visa ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Amex, Priceline, Despegar.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Las Americas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Cancun
- Cancun Riu Palace
- Riu Las Americas Cancun
- Hotel Riu Palace Las Americas Cancun
- Riu Palace Las Americas Hotel
- Las Americas Cancun