Stayed at the Riu Palace a while back and thought that I should share some comments. Have travelled a lot and stayed at MANY hotels and can say that this property is a top contender! My husband thought that this was the best hotel that he has been to. We had a junior suite Ocean Front. Only complaint about the room was no balcony, however you could not have gotten a closer room to the beach. This was my fault, because we had a balcony and I requested an upgrade and the upgrade did not have a balcony.
If you like to snorkel then this hotel was perfect. I swam with parrot fish and many schools of fish directly in front of the hotel. Saw a couple of baracuda and a ray. You could find conche shells in front of the hotel. We had paid to go on a snorkeling excursion and the snorkelling in front of the hotel was every bit as good. Bring your own equipment though as you are limited to just 1 hour of equipment use per day.
Beach was not as long and expansive as I normally like, however it was clean without lack of sun loungers. Found that there was a lack of drink service on the beach, however we are not behond getting up and getting it ourselves so not an issue for us. Lot's of loungers near the pool, however sometimes hard to get one as people tend to "HOLD" them all day without being in them. Service in this area was excellent.
Service in the lobby lounge was excellent. We went down every night before dinner for a bevi and the waiters where excellent and quick! Ate in all the al-a -carte and found the service and food very good. I even noted that when some travellers did not tip that the service stayed the same. Not sure why some people feel they don't need to tip for service at dinner?
Hotel could not have been in a better location! You could walk to the local flea market, the bargain store, COCO BONGO ect..... Location was very central without even feeling like you where in town. Local bus was easily accesible from just steps outside the door if you wanted to explore the point and get a ferry to the Isla.
Would go back to this one. Not a budget hotel if that is what you are looking for, but found it worth the monwy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located in "Corazone", Cancun???S resort area * On the beachfront * Complimentary sun loungers on the hotel???S private beach * 8-storey building * 100 m/325 ft. To Hotel Riu Cancun * 120 m/390 ft. From a shopping centre * 10 km/6.2 Miles from downtown Cancun * 20 km/12.5 Miles from the airport * Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Amex, Visa ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Amex, TripOnline SA, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Las Americas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Cancun
- Cancun Riu Palace
- Riu Las Americas Cancun
- Hotel Riu Palace Las Americas Cancun
- Riu Palace Las Americas Hotel
- Las Americas Cancun