Here are the pros and cons of the Riu Cancun:
- very good social activities, especially around the beach and pool. Although there were many younger people (less than 30 years old), there was a good mix of people and many participated in different activities like volleyball
- good entertainment and service
- very good lobby and sports bars. The bars are comfortable and were busy as people enjoyed their environment
- buffet restaurant is very good, especially the Mexican night. The menu changes daily for dinner so this is also nice.
- the pools and the beach area are nice
- rooms are dated and were a bit musty.
- the specialty restaurants are really set menu restaurants. We ate at the Brazilian restaurant and it was not good
All in all, this was a pretty good hotel to stay at. If you are looking for activities and some atmosphere, this is the right hotel. I think it is a good family hotel. If you are looking for a very nice and quiet hotel, then this is probably not your best hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in "Corazone", Cancun's resort area. 14-Storey main building and a 5-storey annex building. On the beachfront. Complimentary sun loungers on the beach. 20 M/65 ft. From a shopping centre. 10 Km/6.2 Miles from downtown Cancun. 20 Km/12.5 Miles from Cancun Int'l. Airport. Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Amex, Visa ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Riu Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Cancun Hotel Cancun
- Riu Cancun Mexico
- Cancun Riu Hotel
- Rui Cancun