Here are the pros and cons of the Riu Cancun:
- very good social activities, especially around the beach and pool. Although there were many younger people (less than 30 years old), there was a good mix of people and many participated in different activities like volleyball
- good entertainment and service
- very good lobby and sports bars. The bars are comfortable and were busy as people enjoyed their environment
- buffet restaurant is very good, especially the Mexican night. The menu changes daily for dinner so this is also nice.
- the pools and the beach area are nice
- rooms are dated and were a bit musty.
- the specialty restaurants are really set menu restaurants. We ate at the Brazilian restaurant and it was not good
All in all, this was a pretty good hotel to stay at. If you are looking for activities and some atmosphere, this is the right hotel. I think it is a good family hotel. If you are looking for a very nice and quiet hotel, then this is probably not your best hotel.