“Great Resort for a Beach Escape!” 4 of 5 stars

Up to 15% discount
Ranked #13 of 179 Hotels in Cancun
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Great Resort for a Beach Escape!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My husband and I had a great vacation at the Paradisus Cancun in April 2015! We are in our 20s and wanted a place to sit and relax on the beach for the week. The resort is huge but offered great service. We were greeted with a damp scented towel (which was kind of funny but nice) :). We got right into our room that overlooked the lagoon. I would not spend the extra money for an ocean view room, because the sunsets are beautiful over the lagoon.

The food was wonderful! I've been to other all-inclusives in the Caribbean and this food was much better than some of those places. There were plenty of restaurants to choose from, and even the buffet was good. We loved Blue Agave which served authentic tacos, guacamole, etc. The Market Grill was also great for dinner, a Brazilian steakhouse. The Sunset grill out by the pool was awesome for lunch (nachos, burgers, wings, etc). The service was great everywhere! I also thought it was nice that waiters would come down to the beach to take drink orders and bring water.

Before we arrived, I emailed a reservations representative and requested to stay in Pyramid 4. From other reviews, I saw that this was a quieter pyramid (and to stay away from Pyramid 5 which is the main one that has a night club). He said that he would make a note on our reservation. However, when we arrived, the front desk did not have that note and they were not able to accommodate. In fact, we were put on the 5th floor in Pyramid 5, and definitely could hear the nightclub until about 2am each night which was frustrating. (We used earplugs and slept fine). The resort also seemed to be fairly empty during our week so I was unsure why they couldn't accommodate the request. It didn't put a dent in our vacation though! The room was beautiful, the bed was comfortable, shower and bathroom were very clean.

We also met Alberto who worked in housekeeping. He found out that we were celebrating our anniversary and did everything he could to make our stay special! He brought lawn chairs up for our patio (no rooms have furniture on the patios), he drew a bath for us one night and made a swan arrangement on our bed with towels and rose petals. :) On our last night, he came to the room and gave us a "special gift" of a carved Mayan mask and a Paradisus pen. He was so sweet and definitely went over the top to make it special for us.

We are not the "partier" types, so we didn't go out to the clubs and bars at night. There really wasn't much to do at the hotel in the evenings, so we usually stayed on the beach later and made dinner reservations later. There was a short entertainment bit each night but it was over by 9pm. It would have been nice to have at least one big show or some activity in the evenings.

Overall, we were very please with this resort! The service was excellent, and the rooms were very, very nice! The food was great. It wasn't an over-the-top luxury hotel, but had more of a Mexican feel to it which I liked. I would definitely recommend staying here!

Room Tip: Pyramid 5 is the main pyramid. You can hear the nightclub music until late. High floor was great.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
PDCR, Quality Department at Paradisus Cancun, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

Our staff always aims for the full satisfaction of our guests.

We look forward to welcome you again.

Be well,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (994)
  • Arabic first
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My boyfriend and I had a fabulous time at the Paradisus Cancun last year, so we decided to return again... Our friends warned us by saying that since our expectations were so high, there was a chance we would be disappointed the second time around. Well, they couldn't have been more WRONG!!!

We upgraded to Royal Service again and had the same butler, Juan (more on him later!). The resort is still beautifully maintained and expertly cleaned. There were plenty of chairs available both along the gorgeous pools and the spectacular beach. The food at the restaurants was delicious, especially for resort standards. Our favorite restaurants were the Market Grill and Mole. (Shoutout to our new friends at Market Grill-- Rody, Karla, Benito, Jose, and Jaime! They gave us great customer service at the Market Grill and made the experience that much more enjoyable.)

Besides the fact that the resort is beautiful, clean, and has great food, the best part is by far the service. Everyone from the waiters to the butlers to the front desk staff is professional and they all go out of their way to help in any way they can. For example, when offered desert at Fuego, my boyfriend asked if there were any chocolate options. The waiter replied no, so we ordered something else and thought nothing else of it...but within 5 minutes our waiter returned to our table with a slice of chocolate cake from the buffet for him! Furthermore, all of the waiters for the Bali Beds were extremely helpful in recommending new drinks, food options, and stopped by often to ask us of there was anything else we needed. Whenever we said thank you, their response was always, "It's a pleasure!" It's that type of over-the-top, anything-you-need service that really separates good resorts from great ones.

Back to Juan...Juan is unbelievable and took such good care of us, including a few surprises! Rose petals sprinkled around the room with a warm bubble bath waiting for me after a day at the beach? Yes please!!! Juan was also so personable, and we had some great conversations with him about music, his family, and our life in Boston. He even helped my boyfriend plan a romantic candlelit dinner for two on the beach for our last night! He's just fantastic.

The bottom line is, the Paradisus will not disappoint! We've now had TWO perfect vacations there, and we will without a doubt be back for a third!!!

Room Tip: Best views are the ocean-view, but you'll spend so much time outside at the beach/pools, don'...
Dear Samantha M,

It is an invigorating feeling when we know we succeeded at meeting our guests expectations.

The Royal Service as it stands, its a more exclusive and personalized attention from a personal butler that will make sure that everything during your stay works perfect. Its main mission is to make you feel like royalty.

Please contact us for your third visit, we look forward for this,

Thank you for trusting Paradisus Cancun with your vacations,
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Had a wonderful time, royal service was top notch. Restaurants were all well designed and delicious, just wish they had more vegetarian options at the other restaurants besides the buffet. Beach and bali beds were incredible. Highly recommend this resort!

Review collected in partnership with Meliá Hotels International

Dear Guest,

Top notch is a good way to describe Royal Service offering unparalleled luxury in an exclusive and private environment.

Being a Paradisus Resort we strive to give you the best as you deserve therefore to be able to offer a variety of restaurants is key.

We appreciate your nice review, please don't hesitate to contact us for your next stay

Regards,
Sugar Hill, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My family has stayed six times at various Paradisus resorts, and I would put this one at the bottom of the list. The location is convenient to the airport but away from the hustle and bustle of the city itself, so that part is very nice. The resort itself sits on a strip of resorts so if you are looking to “get away from it all,” this isn’t the place.

The atrium to the hotel is beautiful, with a lush array of foliage that melds well with the hotel. The layout is great, with restaurants and shops centrally located around the sushi restaurant, which, with its open concept and wood appointments sets the mood for a wonderful dining experience. The food is excellent, as is typical of the Paradisus brand, and when live music is playing on the stage in the center of the atrium it permeates through the halls of the hotel and sets a warm atmosphere.

The pool itself is beautiful, and the family area is well thought-out with a cordoned off shallow area for little ones that is connected to the main pool so one does not get the feeling they are banished to the kids’ table at Thanksgiving. However, adequate seating is woefully lacking, and despite the signs that clearly state that one may not set out personal belongings at the crack of dawn to reserve spaces, this is clearly NOT enforced…so forget the lazy morning and get ready to brawl if you want a good spot.

Unlike other Paradisus resorts, there are few shaded cabanas, so even if you are staying at a level that allows for reserving them, often they are not available. Idiotically, there is a row of cabanas along the pool that require $50 to reserve (so much for all-inclusive) so they typically sit empty all day despite the fact that there isn’t enough seating to go around. Go figure.

Beyond March, the heat is often oppressive, and the sheer cloth panels on the cabana-lounges by the beach provide little relief. The riptide undercurrent is downright dangerous and the caution flags are always on red (no swimming). That said, the beach itself is beautiful and the water is a vibrant aqua.

The rooms are well-appointed although the internet is not the best. The spa is lovely, as is characteristic of the Paradisus resorts. However, the Kids Club is depressing, and when we picked our kids up, there were four kids from Boston plus my two from New Hampshire, all watching the Lego Movie…in Spanish (ha!). The hallway to in which the Kids Club is situated was also the one through which we traveled from our hotel wing to the main part of the hotel, and unfortunately it reminded me of an old depressing shopping mall from the 1970’s, with some empty storefronts, almost no decorations, and poor lighting.

The shows were great, and having them in the bar centrally located was great, although there never was enough seating (seems to be a theme at this resort). The great sound system for the shows really stirred up excitement about the resort and made for fun nights.

Importantly, if you dare to rent a car, beware. When we rented our car at the agency in the resort to drive to XCaret (which is awesome, by the way), I saw three cars pulled up for prospective renters. I purposely drove at 1 Km/hr slower than the speed limit to minimize the risk I might get pulled over. Despite this, not more than 200 yards from the resort we were pulled over for speeding (although locals were screaming by us going at least 20 Km/hr faster!), and after being given two unpalatable options for paying the fine, I was given the option to “settle” the matter right then and there. After continuing on our way, I saw the other two rental cars pulled over further along the same road. In the parking lot at XCaret, we saw many cars with no rear license plates (indicating they too had been pulled over), and in each case they were rental cars (complete with stickers for the respective rental agencies). Coincidence? Hmm…2+2=?

Finally, of all the Paradisus resorts at which we have stayed, the staff at the Paradisus Cancun were by far the least accommodating. If you are paying thousands of dollars for a well-earned vacation, the last thing you want to feel like is you have to pull teeth for people to do their job…and even then I got the sense they were expecting a tip.

In summary, the Paradisus Cancun is nice, and in the crush of a New England winter it is a welcome relief, but don’t expect the same level of attention or accommodation that you may receive at other Paradisus properties. Heck, travel one hour south and stay at the Paradisus in Playa del Carmen…now that’s a vacation.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We were there last week April 23-27. We upgraded to Royal Service. Worth it for the peace and quiet and the Bali Beds. Also worth it for the private check-in, turndown service, the Butler, exclusive meals on the beach.

Edie, Ricardo, Guadalupe and Hector were all fantastic servers/attendants (LaPallapa, Atrium, Pool Service). Their positive attitude made us feel that they were all genuinely happy to be there and serving us. The service was outstanding.

We ate at 6/9 restaurants during our short stay. No complaints whatsoever. The food was of the highest quality I have ever seen from a resort. Didn't have one bad meal. There was care and detail put into every dish. The French Toast at LaPallapa blew me away. The steaks were all very good as well. The chicken wings at the beach were lightly battered and gave a crunch I've never had before. I am actually curious what they battered them in.

The rooms were an easy 10/10. Spotless, modern with nice finishes. The linens and towels were nicer than my own at home. The King sized bed we had was super comfortable. Housekeeping did an excellent job each day. Air conditioning was perfect. Overall, it is easy to tell they don't take any shortcuts.

This place is a true 5 star. I noticed that it got very busy late Saturday and Sunday. If not doing the Royal Service, I would suggest arriving during the middle of the week.

WiFI was excellent and had a good signal throughout the entire hotel and even most of the beach.

Room Tip: Don't worry about upgrading to Ocean View - upgrade to Royal Service instead.
Dear guest,

We appreciate much your nice review.

Indeed, the Royal Service is a great way to improve your existing reservation, the benefits are outstanding like you mentioned, so if royal vacations is what you look for, this is the best way to go.

Food and Beverage department does an amazing work. Being a Paradisus we strive for the excellence to earn your trust for your future vacations and providing our guest with variety of high quality restaurants is an important key.

We are pleased to know you had a good time, hopefully we can be your host soon again,

Best regards,
Streamwood, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I stayed at Paradisus Cancun for 4 nights with my wife and 2 year old (along with 6 other friends) and we had a great time.
1) I had booked an ocean view room, and that's exactly what I got. We had a full, unobstructed view of the ocean.
2) The entire staff was extremely friendly. We ordered room service multiple times, and the delivery was pretty quick on all occasions.
3) Lots of restaurant options. Naos, is the buffet restaurant and is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Lots of variety and great options. Very nice food. In addition, we also tried Vento (Mediterranean) and Blue Agave (mexican) and both were awesome. Tamarind margarita at Blue Agava is to die for.
4) Drinks are pretty good in general. They are not too diluted like in some other all inclusive places.
5) Big pool and right on the beach. Lots of beach chairs both by the pool side and the beach and we never had any trouble finding a spot at any time of the day.
6) Decent amount of activities in the evening. There is a lounge where there was a show every day from 8-9. And then there are a couple of places to wind down for drinks or dance which are open till late.

I had mostly a positive experience and was very satisfied with my stay, but here are some of the negatives:
1) Wifi in the resort (including the room) is extremely poor. Very spotty and poor speed.
2) The AC in the room cannot be set lower than 18.5 degree celcius. And even at the lowest setting, the room still felt pretty hot.
3) I was approached at least 2-3 times by timeshare agents. I would prefer the timeshare guys from their Melia resort to not bother guests from Paradisus.
4) Our room had a balcony, but there are no chairs in the balcony. We had to pull chairs from the room into the balcony. I would have loved to have beach chairs in the balcony to enjoy the view

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and for selecting Paradisus Cancun as your home resort for your getaway.

Our staff aims for your complete satisfaction and to gain your trust for future stays.

We will take under consideration all your feedback. We always look to improve our service to be a better host to our guests.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for future reservations,

Best regards,
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

An amazing hotel in a beautiful location. The food on the whole was varied and excellent. Staff very friendly and attentive. Would recommend this hotel to everyone! Prime location for water sports, will definitely return.

Room Tip: Not many electrical sockets in room and quite temperamental. Sea view rooms were amazing

Review collected in partnership with Meliá Hotels International

PDCR, Quality Department at Paradisus Cancun, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Sara B,

We appreciate your review.

Thank you for selecting Paradisus Cancun Resort to be your host during your vacations.

Please contact us for any future reservations.

Be well,

Been to Paradisus Cancun? Share your experiences!