“Greatest beach resort in Cancun” 5 of 5 stars

Up to 30% discount
Ranked #13 of 178 Hotels in Cancun
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Los Angeles, California
“Greatest beach resort in Cancun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

I have visited Cancun more than a dozen times, and stayed a tat least 10 different hotels. This was my second stay at Paradisus Cancun, and I decided to make it my permanent choice for future visits. In addition to the obvious aspects such as the great beach front location and magnificent building, the restaurant offerings are amazing, and the staff highly professional and very friendly. I particularly recommend Royal Service for travelers seeking a more private experience and exclusive service.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (979)
  • Arabic first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

My husband and my two boys booked a week here. Although my husband and I were skeptical, we were less concerned since it was a vacation more related for our 5 and 7 year old boys. Despite this we found that most of the critics and comments throughout this site were dead on. We have been to Cancun before and our general feel of most of the people there is that they are constantly trying to sell you something or want something from you. That said the Melia club sell was very heavy duty but most of the people were very nice and very pleasant. The rooms were clean although the beds did show the actual 20 + years of the hotel. these were old style and not very comfortable. The food was overall very good and had a lot of variety, the sushi restaurant was particularly good. Although we did not think of getting Pool cabanas because we were spending most days just in the pool with the boys, we decided to do it for the last two days and we feel it was worth every penny. The comfort and shade outside of the pool was great but mostly we had Sofonia and Enrique Alcudia bringing us food and service and for us they made the whole experience better than we could have imagined. They were service oriented, if we were in the pool they would come and seek us out to make sure we were never hungry or thirsty. For us throughout the pool service they were far and away the show stealers. We even asked for our cabanas to be there the next day just so we could be in their designated area.
Another wonderful surprise that we found were the evening shows in the Avenue lounge. The variety was great and the performers were really good.
Perhaps our only real complaints throughout was the constant calls to our room and selling pitches throughout and the very lacking and boring kids zone area.
As long as others go with the same frame of mind as we did, we would recommend going as a it is a overall a good stay.

Jersey City,New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

We stayed at the Paradisus Cancun from August 7th to 14th. The review below is by me and the most honest review you will find.

Ok let me start off by saying the Cancun is a great choice for Summer and August. Its hot and humid but more of a reason to get you in a pool or the beach. The airport to the resort was 15 minutes. We actually received transfers from the resort itself.

Room and Check in:
When we arrived, we were sent to the family concierge lounge. It was awesome. The entrance was nice and the room had things for the kids and snacks to eat. We received our info and our $1500 credits. With the family concierge package, we get our cellphone where we can call our butler whenever we needed him. More on that later. We paid for a room with an ocean view family concierge room. We received our info and the first room was room 3001. Now that room is right next to the stairs closest to the lobby. There would be too much noise at night time and not the ideal place for 2 young kids to stay. So I asked them to move me. That part baffles me. I know the logic is to have the family concierge rooms close to where everything is so parents don’t have to travel a lot but right where the noise is shouldn’t be the ideal location. So I asked them to move me to Tower 1. When we arrived to the room, it was awesome. Not the biggest room but we didn’t care. It was enough for us to have the crib(that they provided) and the big bed for us to share. The view was awesome. I mean seeing the ocean and overlooking the kid pool was perfect. We even had a whirlpool on the outside balcony. It was perfect. The fridge was stocked with drinks for adults and kids. Bathroom was clean and the tv was nice(we didn’t even turn it on).

Grounds:
It was nice and clean. The area was clean and had no issues. The pools were deep in the adult area. 6 feet but great for swimming. The pool for the kids was great. Nice enough for them to play and keep them occupied. The bali beds were great (you can only get bali beds on one side as the bali beds facing the ocean are only for club Melia members). I recommend getting them every day. I mean you go big or go home. They weren’t bad either. The water was warm and that’s just a no brainer because its hot as hell out there. The beach was awesome to. Clean sand and the water was clear. The seats are saved in the morning with a towel and an item. And I stress the item because people tried to save seats with just a towel and that’s just a big no according to their policy. DON’T DO THAT. They will take your towel and the seat won’t be saved anymore.

Food:
Now this is a toss up. I mean I wasn’t expecting 5 star Gordon Ramsey food but food that will be different than what I would get at home and food that will keep me fueled the week. They delivered. I mean the restaurants were good. Not great but good. The breakfast buffet is the way to go for the morning. Get everything you can and from waffles to eggs to croissants. Btw, the croissants are freaking amazing. Get them!!! For lunch its either the restaurant in between the pools or the buffet or the hot dogs and hamburgers with chips and guac. I mean don’t expect hot dogs to be from gray papayas or hamburgers from Bobby Vanns. Its their version of meat and bread. But again, it did the job when we were hungry. The restaurants at night were good. There is the buffet that offers decent food at night and again hits the spot with all the things you need. As for the particular restaurants, I recommend Vento and their shrimp risotto. Bana for their delicious sushi. Mole had some good lamb chops. There is also a BBQ outside by the pool and that was the best. I mean they don’t mention it on the website but ask for it. It was like a BBQ in the summer. Meat, chicken, Pork chops, potato and etc. It was the best. For my anniversary, I also had requested a dinner by the ocean. That was top notch and provided a great view and moment I will never forget.

The staff:
As I said before, we received a butler as part of the family concierge package. His name is Hervik and he is the best of the best. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND HERVIK. He provided my family the best vacation we had in a long time. I mean when you go away with two young kids, you don’t want to worry about much because you are preoccupied already with them. You want everything done and taken care of. He did that. With a quick call, he will help you make reservations or come wherever you are at the resort. He provided the bali beds when you wanted it and even saved seats for me when I couldn’t. He is the best at what he does and again I highly recommend Hervik. The guy deserves a raise. If you want your experience to be the best, get Hervik to take care of you the whole week. As for the rest of the staff, they were nice and helpful. Always said good morning or evening. They help you with a smile and do their best to accommodate you with anything you need. They will even get you bacon or sausages in the buffet breakfast if you ask for it. So don’t think they don’t have it. They do. Jamie from the breakfast buffet was great. Got us anything we wanted as special request. At the dinner by the ocean, our server was great. Got us extra soup and any drink we wanted. He made the dinner that much better.

My only complaints:
Now listen, while I said the staff was great, there was another staff that were a bit annoying. The ladies with the white outfits in the desks in different places are nice to you but they also want to lure you in for a Club Melia pitch. I mean they will hound you every morning for our “Welcome package”. Be careful because there is no welcome package unless you already met with your concierge. They are nice and will help you get around the place but they want to lure you into a conversation with a Club Melia rep. Now onto the Club Melia promotion, I wasn’t interested from the beginning. Its basically a time share but they aren’t calling it that. We had a guy named Paco give us the pitch. They was extremely nice and a class act. He knew the stuff and knew the talk. Now this is where I become alittle picky on this issue. We had a private breakfast at one of the restaurants in the morning. This restaurant was closed off just for club melia breakfast meetings. Going in there, it was nice but to see that the premium breakfast items like bacon and sausages and other items were just for these meetings kind of rubbed me the wrong way. I didn’t pay 2 dollars for my premium experience. I paid a ton of money to at least get those items for breakfast without me having to ask the waiter to get it for me. So again, me being nit picky but it did rub me the wrong way. Paco was great and a stand up guy. The club Melia pitch was just bad and too expensive for my liking. The whole thing was like buying a car. Once Paco couldn’t give me the price, he got a manager to come out and try to seal a deal with a “great” price. It wasn’t a great price and how people get these things is beyond me. The manager was a bit rude and not what I expected. They will then sell you another deal of a great stay at another resort for a price. Again, I declined. Felt bad for Paco but his manager wasn’t the nicest person.

Summary:
Would I go again? Heck yeah… it was one of the best times I had. From the resort to the food to the butler to the weather, this was an awesome time. I will definitely go again and I recommend this place to anyone with kids under 5. Just stay away from the Club Melia pitch unless you want it that bad.

Room Tip: "Get a room in Tower 1. The BBQ outside is outstanding and HERVIK is the best butler there"...
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

I have nothing but wonderful things to say about resort. The entire resort remained clean, smelled delightful, and the staff was very nice to everybody! They all do a great job with the upkeep of this resort. During our check-in I requested our room to be located in pyramid 3 and beach front view. Most of the restaurants are located in pyramid 3, along with the kid zone, boutiques, lobby, etc.
Once we were checked in, a staff member came over and spoke to us about the resort and what it offers. Not sure if this happens on certain days or this gets offered to everybody but please be aware that some way, somehow, they will try to offer you the timeshare. She did this by tricking us into going to a “FREE” royal service breakfast, and it would only take 90min of our time. So we went ahead and made our free breakfast reservation. They called our room numerous times to remind us about breakfast and slipped a reminder note underneath our door. After that point, we realized it was a timeshare scam so we didn’t go to breakfast the next morning after all.
The room was fresh and clean. As long as your doors remain closed, the ac keeps running. It automatically shuts off once the entrance door or sliding doors remain open. We never had any issues with the AC or the room being too hot. Our room always stayed cool. We never had issues taking baths or showers as well. I mention it because the last resort we stayed at in Playa Del Carmen was very frustrating. They had horrible water foundation. Very little water would come out and when it did I would constantly have to turn the knobs because either the water was very cold or very hot.
I also want to add that the resort (or at least in pyramid 3) was not as hot as stated on some feedback. Just my personal opinion.
We were not big fans of the cuisine buffet (no reservation needed), as they did not have a big selection and served a lot of the same dishes daily. Blue Agrave is another restaurant that does not require reservation. They served posole soup, shrimp soup, and a verity of tacos. We actually enjoyed that restaurant better than the cuisine buffet. The snack bar near the pool was delicious!! They served nachos, hot dogs, burgers, and their guacamole is the BEST!
They have a huge family pool with a swim up bar. My son had a great time and met a lot of new friends to play with. There’s a section where the pool is nose deep (I’m 5.4ft) and the round section was not as deep. There’s people out there at 6:30am in the morning reserving chairs with straw umbrellas by placing their towels, floaties, shoes, or books, then go back up to their room or have breakfast or whatever they have to do. Well I noticed this going on and I honestly do not think it’s fair! We are out there at 8am ready to lay out and relax and there is no chairs with the straw umbrella available. Yet, the pool is almost completely empty… How is that possible??? There was a set of lounge chairs with the straw umbrella that had a deflated floatie (meaning that was reserved already). So I moved the deflated floatie out of the way and sat there instead. Minute & hours passed and nobody claimed their deflated floatie or “their” spot. That is my only rant but this had nothing to do with the resort. It’s the people that do this kind of stuff.
Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would recommend it to anybody. We loved it!!!

Room Tip: Choose Pyramid 3 if you want to stay close to the lobby, restaurants, bars, kid zone, etc.
Cancun
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

Best time and experience .service was perfect. Everyone was so friendly.also almost everyone knower how to speak English that was amazing because we don't speak Spanish the room was not to big not too little the bed was comfortable

Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

PDCR, Quality Departament at Paradisus Cancun, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Dear Mrs. Leonora C.:

Thanks for letting us be part of your best experiences.

For the entire team of Paradisus Cancún Resort, is very motivating each of your comments, all staff constantly makes every effort to provide the best service in order to make you feel at home.

Thanks for being part of our family and look forward to your visit soon.

Sincerely
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014 via mobile

Beautiful beach, loved the royal service pool/restaurant staff, Javier, Eddy, Valerie, Karina and Francisco! Butler service, ok....helpful day one to get first few restaurant reservations but found for Bali bed reservations (these are great) was more effective to speak directly with pool concierge just as it was for spa info. Saw our butler In the morning the first three days, shift changed to afternoons, barely saw him when it did.

Rooms are nice, clean and up to date, no tv in sitting area so have to watch from bed (can't turn it) .
Room cleaning....so far of five days four have been after 4 or 5pm......we are out by 730am.....not observant as other hotels can be to notice we are out early and might appreciate our rom being done earlier in the day.....actually had to call one day for service.

Restaurants, nice selection, loved the royal service pool restaurant for breakfast and lunch ..great service and food.

Spa is nice, bar and lounge sound great, music played is great, very relaxing, nice staff and overall very good vacation.

Wouldn't book through air canada reservations...rep is never here.

Stayed August 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

My fiancé and myself booked this place cause the great reputation Paradisus has around the world and we decided to go with the Royal Service. Upon our arrival we were greeted by Mauricio that explained in the outmost detail what our next couple of days would be like, he was great by the way always on top of everything. The Royal Service is located in a different building from the regular hotel rooms, making this area more exclusive for adults. When we checked in our butler took all out reservations for the upcoming days in the restaurants and did not forget one single detail, we were celebrating our anniversary so ERICK our butler made sure we had something in our room he has outstanding. We did spend some of our days outside the hotel, but Erick was always attentive and made sure we had what we needed. We do have to give a special thanks to Aide which helped us with a minor inconvenience we had, the air conditioner in the first room they gave us was not working well and Aide was on top of that; 10 minutes later we had a different room and that was great! Thanks Aide! We had dinner at all the restaurants and everyone had great knowledge on the plates in the restaurant, but some restaurants like Fuego, Vento and Mole the portions are small; delicious but smalls so order as much as you like. Naos has the all day buffet and it was very good, the amount of different meals they had during the day was outstanding. The last day the Hotel was great we stayed at the pool all day we were greeted by Pedro the pool concierge that was awesome, we arrived late for our reserved cabana but he was able to get us something near the pool and had tons of information about the food at the restaurant we wanted to order lunch and even helped with our drinks. Later that night we had dinner at Mole which is the Mexican restaurant and it was GREAT! Plus Sonia the hostess made our dinner even better, she explained every little detail of the restaurant and the food. Sonia went by our table also asking if we needed anything, she was amazing made our dinner even better than it was. The guacamole at Mole was just the best I have ever had you could tell it was just made it was fresh as if they made it for you on the spot.
If you want to enjoy Cancun at its finest you must stay at this property and of course the Royal Service, the luxury and the attention you get from all the staff at the hotel during your stay is outstanding. This area is for adults only and is nice, relaxing and free of noise "if you get what I mean" Don't get me wrong I have nothing against children but sometimes you just want to relax by the pool and have your drinks nice and quite. I have to admit that without Mauricio, Erick, Sonia, Octavio (Royal Service bartender) and Pedro (Pool concierge) our stay would not have been memorable. I have to recommend this hotel and the Royal Service, hands down great service and attention to detail. Once is never enough that's what I say...

Room Tip: Beach view or Lagoon view you cannot go wrong...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Paradisus Cancun? Share your experiences!