“Amazing experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 174 Hotels in Cancun
MTL
“Amazing experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I just came back from Paradisus Cancun and my trip was amazing. The restaurants were beyond what I expected. As for the service whether at the beach, pool, restaurant, buffet or Lobey, it was excellent. The food at the buffet was also excellent. I loved the balcony and the rooms. The person at the concierge counter was always helpful. The shows during the evening were great. I had a lot of fun and I recommend this to everyone. Thank you

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
PDCR, Quality Departament at Paradisus Cancun, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Guest:

It is a pleasure to express our gratitude for your preference.

We are very pleased to know that you had a very nice experience in our facilities and the service provided by our staff.

We are eager to welcome you back.

Cordially

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (658)
  • Arabic first
Akron, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

7 of us went to Cancun to celebrate a birthday and a graduation, and had a great time. We stayed in the Royal Service adults only section. We were pampered by the hotel butlers and other staff for 5 days. The food was very good, and the hotel was clean and well kept. A special thanks to Sergio, Cesar, and Francisco for taking such good care of all of us.

Room Tip: If you are not traveling with children, stay in the Royal Service section. It is worth the extra co...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
PDCR, Quality Department at Paradisus Cancun, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Mr. Thomas K ;

We appreciate your comments that give us the opportunity to know our guest’s valuable opinion since this is the key to our success.

Thanks again we will be happy to receive you at Paradisus Cancún Resort.

Cordially
Cancun
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Went to Paradisus Cancun for a wedding. We had 30 people staying and the first thing they asked went we checked in was if we wanted to upgrade for $200 we said no and then they gave us the same upgrade for free. Then they give you a coupon book so you can spend all your money at the resort. They screwed up the rehearsal dinner and then tried to charge us more money for the dinner then the wedding was going to cost. Only after contacting every major person in the corporation was that resolved.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

PDCR, Quality Department at Paradisus Cancun, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Guest

We apologise for any misunderstanding that you experienced during you stay in our resort and we thank you for bringing these to our attention. We strongly believe that these issues you have rightfully mentioned are the exception rather than the rule however we recognise the need for improvement. Please rest assured that our team is taking immediate actions following your comments.

We trust you will give us a future opportunity to meet and hopefully exceed your expectations. Please do not hesitate to contact us personally and we will ensure you do have a delightful stay.

Kind Regards,
Ellenville, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and I just completed a week long stay at Paradisus in Cancun in August 2014. In a word, the experience was spectacular. We went with the Royal Service and we highly recommend this for anyone planning to stay at the resort and not traveling with children. We have stayed at other all-inclusive resorts, but never in the adult only atmosphere of the Royal Service. It is beyond compare. The level of service, relaxation, and amenities are phenomenal! Right when you check in they serve you a welcoming glass of champagne. It was certainly a nice tough. The private pool area with the bali beds is the ultimate in relaxation and the private Royal Service restaurant by the pool, Palapas, offers great food and is just so convenient. Palapas is open for lunch and breakfast, both of which have a great selection of delicious food. The Royal Service lobby also has a mini-breakfast buffet set up, all day snacks/fruit, and desserts and appetizers in the evening. They also have a bar set up where you can make your own drink any time during the day. This is just the tip of the iceberg!

The food at the restaurants we at ate was amazing. I literally ate some of the best food I have ever tasted in my life at Paradisus. Our favorite restaurant was Fuego. The portions are small, but you can order all you want. I highly recommend the crab cake soup, beef, duck, and grouper. The passion fruit dessert (I don't remember exactly what it was called) was the best. The service is also great. We ate there twice during our stay and after having him the first night, we had to request Martin to be our waiter the second night. He is top notch and so kind. Bana is great if you love sushi, which my wife and I do. Vento offers delicious food too, but again portions are very small. Our waiter let us know this right away and we were ordered three appetizers and three entrees apiece. I again would recommend the sea bass, the duck, and the salmon mousse appetizer. Also, the pumpkin custard was absolutely delicious for dessert. The other restaurant we went to was Mole. Again, the food was delicious. I would recommend the lamb tacos and mole chicken. The service at Mole was probably the best of all the restaurants we went to. We want to give a special thanks to Rigo, Rody, and Sonia who were our servers and did a fantastic job.

Our personal butler was Hector and he did a spectacular job. He got us everything we wanted and 3 of the nights on our stay set us up something special in our room for us to enjoy. He would come and see as at our bali bed in the pool and always was concerned if we needed anything. He got us reservations right away whenever we wanted them and whenever we made changes, he easily accommodated us. He definitely gave us 5-star service and we would highly recommend him.

Now, the butler works a normal shift and has days off, but there is always someone there to help if you need it. The people at the Royal Service front desk are always there to help (Julie was very helpful our whole stay) and the other butlers helped us out as well (a special thanks to Galadino, who was always very helpful when Hector was off).

The Royal Service at the pool is what really set apart the experience for us. The Palapas restaurant (and private breakfast buffet) simply made things so convenient and allowed us to maintain the exclusive nature of the Royal Service without having to go into the hotel to get food. For breakfast, we highly recommend the french toast, eggs benedict, and the prosciutto and Camembert omelet. For lunch, the guacamole is amazing, and the chicken wrap, sirloin burger, and pesto shrimp flat bread were simply delicious. The service is also 5-star as well. Our favorite waiter was Efrain. He got us anything and everything we wanted and always had a smile on his face. He was also very personable and we had several nice long conversations with him. The other waiters were all amazing too though, and saying Efrain was the best takes nothing away from them. Javier, Rogelio and Octavio all served as as well at some point and did a great job. Javier even went so far as to get my wife and I some ice cream from the Market Grill and delivered it to our room. Also, Rogelio the bartender had a great sense of humor and made the best drinks at the hotel! The guys who ran the pool and set up the bali beds, Omar and Pedro also were extremely courteous and did a great job as well. Omar always asked me every day, "What's cooking?" Great staff all around.

The rooms are beautiful and ours was huge, and the maid always did a great job cleaning it. They restocked the mini-bar daily and all we had to do was let Hector know what we wanted and it was there. They had snacks too in the mini-bar and we had some M&Ms and Oreos.

One other comment on the food is that the fruit there was absolutely delicious and typically so much better than in the US. The papaya, cantaloupe, plums, mango and peaches were out of this world. I never had eaten so much fruit over a week before in my life, and I eat lots of fruit typically! Also in the Royal Service area they would have blackberries, raspberries, and blueberries, none of which I saw in the general buffet.

Speaking of the buffet, we only ate there once for breakfast and once for lunch. The food was really good both times. The waffles are some of the best I have ever eaten. What was a little strange was that they would have things like chicken, fish, nachos, etc. for breakfast foods, which I found odd. Also, if you are used to the environment of the Royal Service, the buffet can be a challenge. When we were there it was quite crowded and the lines for things like omelets were really long. Also, there were lots of kids running around and babies crying (I still don't understand why people bring their babies to a resort). As a matter of fact, on our last full day we went to the buffet for breakfast because we were right in the front of the hotel taking pictures and figured we were right there...well, we left almost right away. It was a mob scene, the line for omelets was 8 people long, food was running out, and the only seating we could get was outside. I put down the plate I was holding, and we returned to the Royal Service area for their mini-buffet and enjoyed our breakfast in peace.

A couple of things I think the hotel needs to work on (1) They need to do a better job segregating the Royal Service beach and pool area. Several times we say other guests come into the area that were not in the Royal Service and bring their children. Also, they come from the beach and use the Royal Service bathrooms and beach showers. I had to tell the pool concierge and he had to ask people to leave once. Now, I am not trying to come off as snobby, but we paid for the adult only environment and when I am laying in my bali bed, I don't want to hear kids crying in the beach shower. So Paradisus definitely needs to work on improving keeping up the exclusive nature of the Royal Service at the beach and pool area (2) the Avenue Lounge where they do the shows is simply too small and not a good venue for performances (3) they need to offer more activities in the evening, like different themed dance nights. They also should look into developing a real night club for the shows and such dancing. (4) They need to put better irons and blow dryers in the rooms. I burned a shirt of mine, and I NEVER damage anything ironing. In general the iron sucked and the steam function was not working. Also, be aware that the voltage in the electrical circuits is different and you need an adapter. My wife always brings her own hair dryer and straightener for her hair and the breakers blew, even with the adapter. And the hair dryer in the bathroom was small and not too good. (5) We really wanted to try La Perla, the seafood buffet, but it was closed our whole stay. We were told it was because the hotel was not very full. It would have been nice if they opened it at least once in a while, even if they hotel is not too full (6) The Royal Service pool needs a swim up bar.

We highly recommend Paradisus Cancun and definitely highly recommend the Royal Service. We definitely would go again in the future! The hotel is gorgeous and the staff is so kind and helpful. Even our complaints are relatively minor. I hope you found this review helpful.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views and definitely go Ocean View in the Royal Service. We were on the f...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Hasbrouck Heights, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Booked via Cheapcaribbean.com - no problems encountered! Transfers via Amstar was also a breeze!
Had to wait 2 hours for a room. Theyre not usually ready until 2pm-ish which could be a hassle. Being kind of forced into the Club Melia presentation right after check in was a hassle too since youre tired from the flight (esp when flying with a toddler!). We set up an appointment for another time, but cancelled it.
Hotel itself was nice, but previous reviews were right about the hot temperature inside the buildings. With my toddler in tow, it was kind of miserable at times esp during dinner. Room a/c was always set on 65 degrees but it never really felt that cool. Wifi not good. Food was average for breakfast and lunch at Naos. Dinner was better. Vento was my favorite. Bana, Market Grill, and Blue Agave were fine too. Didn't get to try the others. Snacks by pool is great! I could not get enough of their guac/cheese/nachos. Also good for toddlers as they offered pizza. Ordered cerviche everyday but extra charge ($15).
Pools were nice, we mostly stayed by the kiddie pools. The other pools were so deep! Beach was soooo nice! Best feature! Ive read so many bad reviews about problems with getting decent beach chairs so I just booked a Bali bed for our entire stay! It was awesome coz it served as a bed so my toddler can nap comfortably. Miguel and Laura from the pool bar were great!
Overall it was good. Would probably try another place if and when we go back.
But nothing beats quality time with your family, wherever you are =)

• Stayed August 2014
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The lavender aroma at the entrance made me relaxed already, The front desk staff is courteous and accommodating while i was checking out my taxi was waiting, the staff expedited my check out and i really appreciated it.Drinks are accessibleeverywhere because they have several restaurants and lounges There are three things that need improvement.First is the buffet food at Naos, at night there should be variety or a theme night so even you did not make a reservation at least it's different and fun. Second the elevator had an unpleasant smell, the carpet might be wet and it did not get dry completely. Third their pillows are no t pluffy my head sinks to the bed. Overall the service was great,they also have nice little shops inside the hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Jamesville, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was our second stay at Paradisus. We actually started this trip at another hotel, after one night in the other all inclusive we transferred over to Paradisus. There was no comparason for the same money. From the moment we arrived, it was pure luxery. Words cannot express how wonderful this place it.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

Been to Paradisus Cancun? Share your experiences!