“Wonderful!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 172 hotels in Cancun
Maidens, Virginia
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

The nicest staff we have encountered in a long time. They catered to your every need. The restaurants had a good wine selection. The property was clean and beautiful. Excellent customer service!!! Especially liked Zandra who served at the Naos restaurant! Will come again!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
PDCR, Quality Department at Paradisus Cancun, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. We were pleased to read that you enjoyed the hotel, all of its amenities and services.

The team will be thrilled to receive your comments and the generous appreciation.

We look forward to welcoming you home!

Regards

2,302 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (560)
  • Arabic first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

We traveled May 15 through May 21th Our family had a wonderful time at the Paradisus Cancun specially at japanese restaurant we had excellent service with a waitress '' Veronica'' she gave us very good service and friendly.always kept our room very clean and stocked with fresh towels.
The beach was beautiful and the pool was very refreshing. We always had great service at both. We preferred going to the swim up bar as we made friends with one of the bartenders.....

Troy, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a week, we opted for the the Royal Service option when we booked in January. If you are traveling as a couple do not even hesitate to spend the extra money for the Royal Service Package. There were a few flaws to the package, but the pros definitely out weigh the cons!

The only problem we really experienced or thought needed some attention were that the butler aspect isn't that amazing. We saw our butler maybe twice, three is pushing it. We made our reservations through him 3 times for 3 different restaurants. The 2nd night he screwed our reservation up as well as the 3rd (he actually never made it!). We were also told at check in we were allowed one bottle of our choice of liquor and once again our butler told us they didn't have any and we would definitely have it before we left, in which we did not.

The Bali beds are the best ever, just make sure to reserve them 1-2 days out. The Bali beds on the beach are the best but ALWAYS booked so reserve at least 2 days in advance. We were told you are guaranteed 2 beds during your stay but we actually had one 3 days. La Palapa the restaurant by the pool is yummy! We were never told no for anything.

Go the extra mile and tip too because you get better treatment!

We ate at Naos (buffet), Mole, Vento, & Bana. I am a very picky eater and ALWAYS found something to eat! We were not a fan of the buffet...there were always kids running around unsupervised and digging their hands into the foods without the use of utensils (YUCK!).
The other restaurants were great though! The drinks were so so.

We both suffered stomach issues from the food & drinks & water from this resort though.

We have stayed at other resorts in Cancun, and this one is STILL the BEST! Check-In was a bit LONG! No one helps you carry your bags to checkout so be prepared for a work out!

Only other issue is....the thermostats don't go lower than 65 which is still to warm for me! The hot water also does not go hot enough.

Book a lagoon view...no one ever was on their balconies anyways!

Room Tip: Request a higher floor!
Richmond Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

We arrived Sat May 18th and check- in went smooth with Maria Mora. I was a little concerned bc we made our reservation with skyauction for 1 bedroom suite in Club Melia and received resort certificate from RCI 2 weeks prior to trip. I had called several times and had trouble confirming my reservation but everything worked out. Upon check in 2000 pesos was held on my credit card which is about $165 USD. Room is a little outdated but for the price its worth the money. Staff are friendly but not everyone speaks English which is ok. We managed with little Spanish I know. We went to the pool two days which was nice. We opted out of the inclusive package which was $60 USD per person per day. So we had to pay $25 to use cabana bed. Hotel is far from the party zone of Cancun so you have to take a bus to get to places like CoCoBango and Senor Frog etc. Bus ride is 8.50 pesos which is about 80 cent. So make sure to bring lots of $1. I wouldnt recommend exchanging money at hotel cause they only give you 10.4 rate when actual rate is 12.4 right now. You will have lots of people asking you to take tours and do activites but I suggest you try to bargin to get best price. Most activities are all inclusive meaning bus to and from activity is included as well as food and alcohol. We rode ATVs, went ziplining, and to river for $124 for two people on one of the tours. Another day we rode speedboats which was $50 for two people. And another day we went to wet n wild for $49 a person again food and drinks included but be sure to check online before purchasing tickets bc they had special for $36 a person. I suggest you dont take taxi to go to club (take a bus or tell the taxi you are going to restuarant). All of the taxi drivers get paid for bringing people to club..so they will suggest club then tell you admission is $50 pp then tell bouncer outside he told you $50 which is what they will charge when in actuality cover is free or $20. We are here during Memorial Day Weekend which is Cancun Jump Off. We didnt purchase paty package online because it was $900 pp which is too much. However please know if you dont purchase package you wont be able to get in any of the Jump Off events but all of the clubs are close together and just as packed as the jumpoff events..so dont worry. Back to the hotel...if you are participating in jump off i dont suggest you stay here bc its far from the action. The food in the hotel is overprice & taste terrible..we ate at Naos one morning and room service serval times. I was happy we didnt get all inclusive bc we got to venture out and eat at lots of different. Please be aware if you order food from outside that you will have to walk outside to gate to get it which is very inconvient as the gate is a long walk from the hotel. If you have mobility issues I dont suggest you stay here bc u have to do alot of walking. We are in tower 1 and there are 5 towers. The main tower is tower 3 so if you arent a club member I suggest you stay there. Well we are still here as we dont check out until Sun May 26th so I will let you know how check out goes.

• Stayed May 2013
Forest Hills, New York, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I went here in January and forgot to review. The hotel itself was nice enough but I wouldnt call it 4 star. You have to walk half a mile to get to the lobby from your room if youre in any building other than the main building. At one point I slipped on the stairs and sprained my ankle because theres only 1 elevator per wing and countless floors.
The buffet breakfast was good.Other than that the food was awful. I like to think of myself as a foodie, Im willing to try anything and there is no style food I will not eat.
The first night we went to the asian restaurant. We ordered tuna sushi and a curry dish. The tuna was warm, which if you eat sushi know that is kind of gross. The curry was by far the worst thing I ate there. It tasted like throw up. It was so bad we couldnt even eat it and had to order room service just for something somewhat decent.
The tapas restaurant they had wasnt the worst but anything that was fish related tasted fishy. The scallops were over cooked and reaked of fish to the point where I almost got sick at the table.
The other two restaurants they have werent too bad, but they werent good.
The pool was nice if a little cold. The beach was beautiful. We got yelled at for taking a late night stroll though, that wasnt very nice.
Id say this was the worst part:
Check in time was at 3pm. I called before we left requesting early check in. By the time we got there we were told our room was almost ready and to just speak with a man and he will explain hte hotel to us and show us to our room. Well, this man was really telling us about a time share.There were excursions we wanted to take and he told us to go to the timeshare seminar and that it would take 2 hours and we would receive a discount. It took almost 4 hours, we lost an entire day of laying at the pool or doing anything and the guy that was speaking to us was annoyed that we werent really interested in the program that we just wanted the discounts. The worst part about this was that after spending the 4 hours to get a massage at half price, the massage was possibly the worst massage I ever had. I usually feel like passing out after a massage, after this one I felt like I was more tense. It was almost like they gave us a bad massage because we paid less.
I would definitely not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Have been to many Hotels in Cancun, Paradisus was just too great, beautiful place inside and out, installations, employees. Can't wait to return with the fam next year. The food was excellent and most definitely their purpose is to please the traveler. Alcoholic beverages of all kinds and not just national, also no problem with beach towels.

Room Tip: Try to get ocean view, the most beautiful wakings.
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

First of all, I cant believe the negative reviews of this place. Read my reviews and look at my map, I have been around the world. Also, please remember they just took over this place in November 2012!! Constantly improving. Training is taking place every day so be patient.

First time to Cancun. Stayed 5 nights! Came to Paradisus because we went to Punta cana. Hands down didn't let me down!!

We had three couples from all over the country to meet up this past week, without a single problem for any of the three couples. So good one of the couples bought a timeshare!!

There are timeshare people there, never pressured though! Once I told them no, never approached again.

Food was excellent, my wife is very picky had no problems. It was truly all inclusive! Excellent choices, drinks and food. Room service is also included!!! Limited menu but after all day drinking a 2 am burger or pizza rocks!! Enough places to eat for a whole week plus!! Didn't do Tempo just because we ran out of time. Vento and Fuego were amazing! Sushi place in the center of the resort was one of the best sushi places at a resort ever had. Biggest success is that my wife doesn't eat seafood/sushi and they had a chef there that made a full meal for her!!

Drinks: They have premium drinks! Don't be surprised if Jonny walker blue isn't there. No kidding! That shouldn't even be expected but we met people who thought it should... must be the negative people on here. The have your captain, walker black, margaritas etc... Try the jellyfish shot or the SANDGRITA with Don Julio silver at the pool bar. ENRIQUE thank you for taking care of my friends for all 6 days!!

Rooms: We upgrade to the club Melia room with a Jacuzzi on the balcony. There weren't any ocean views rooms available with a king bed for upgrade so they assisted us with a timeshare room with a ocean view at no price or credits! Clean, spacious.

Our friends also stated that their Royal Service was amazing for room and service! My wife and I didn't do it to make a budget for tours.

Tours: The have multiple tour companies on site. We used Best day tours for our Whale shark tour, it was a once in a lifetime experience, and round trip from airport. Use them!! Thanks again Jorge Ortiz.

Pool was warm, pool bar was fully stocked and staff was friendly. Large enough so you didn't feel crowded. Royal service pool seemed to be relaxing! Our friends mostly utilized the cabanas and came to the general pool with us. Recommend that the resort gets a swim up bar at the royal service side for the snobby resorters! Family conceierge area looked great for families.

Tons of activities and poolside entertainment. Fun beach volleyball games!

The ladies loved the spa and also said it was worth every dime. One of the couples returned for another time slot! Staff was excellent.

We didn't go during active spring break time for a reason, we aren't 18-24 trying to get drunk and puke our guts out. Party yes but wasn't looking for the white t shirt contest. Not a lot of singles hunting around...

TIPS: Not needed but lets be honest these guys aren't getting paid the big bucks, and they are working their butt off in the heat to make sure you have an enjoyable time. Tip them, not to mention you tend to have their attention after you do so. You wont be able to get half way thru your drink until another chilly adult beverage is in front of you! Your choice!

**The only con or a recommendation for the resort**** Have some evening outside bar to enjoy the warm evening air on the ocean. Avenue bar and the room lounge is nice but us fellas would have enjoyed a cigar and a drink on a beach bar. Not sure why La Perla was opened, but my guess is a renovation.

Paradisus Cancun, see you again! I will recommend you to my friends and family.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Paradisus Cancun? Share your experiences!