“Amazing Honeymoon & Perfect Resort” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Up to 15% discount
Ranked #16 of 178 Hotels in Cancun
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Amazing Honeymoon & Perfect Resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

In June 2010 my husband and I went on our honeymoon to Cancun, Mexico and we stayed at Paradisus Cancun (Formerly known as Gran Melia). I have to say the resort was beyond amazing, it definitely exceeded our expectations. The pictures were really nice and we were afraid that when we get there it wouldn't look anything like the pictures. Well we were wrong, it was much better then the pictures showed, the scenery was beautiful, the rooms, and lobby area looked above and beyond amazing. I was completely thrilled, we loved the food, we usually ate at the buffet, the staff was wonderful, room service was very good, and everything about this trip and resort was just PERFECT. I would definitely recommend this resort to everyone, less than a year after I got married my sister-in-law and brother went to the same resort for their honeymoon and they loved it just as much as we did. Now it has changed, it includes a children's play area, and it looks a bit different but I am sure its just as amazing. I recently booked a trip with my husband and our 16 month old daughter and we are going to Riu Caribe in Cancun and if I had known that Gran Melia had updated to a kid friendly resort as well I would have definitely booked our family vacation there. But, you never know I might look into it once second family vacation comes around :) ( I had to choose that we traveled in June 2012 because that was the only option but we actually traveled there in June 2010)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,044)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for seven nights in January. The hotel was absolutely beautiful and surpassed any of the pictures that were shown online. The restaurants located within the facility were great; small portions, but high quality. The rooms are very nice, and the beach area and pools were exceptional with plenty of room and chairs for all guests. We had a great time at the pool bar! The staff was exceptionally kind and personable. One front desk worker, Betsy, went above and beyond to make sure we had a great experience. I would definitely recommend this resort and am looking forward to planning a trip back in the future!

Room Tip: Get a room with a jacuzzi! Also, some rooms face the bay while others face the ocean, but all featu...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Guilford, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We stayed her for 5 nights in a 1 bedroom family concierge suite. We had a few minor problems- but everything was always handled quickly and efficiently. Fernanda, the manager for the Family Concierge, was wonderful. Honestly, all of the staff was wonderful. We never leave our child at a kids club when on vacation, but this time we did leave him for about an hour to have dinner alone. We saw how wonderful the staff was to all of the kids and felt very comfortable. The family concierge always made our dinner reservations, and we especially enjoyed Fuego. The night my husband and I had dinner at the Japanese restaurant, we ordered room service for our son, which was included free of charge. We really enjoyed the bali beds and the beach was huge with plenty of chairs and shade. The food was very good and they were always happy to make something for my picky son if we didn't see anything that he liked. This hotel had the best kids menu out of any hotel I've ever been to in Mexico. The pool is beautiful and huge, with food and drink service all day. If you are a couple without children, I went over to the Royal Service side and it is truly beautiful, especially the adults only area with bali beds. There are many adults only restaurants but also plenty of restaurants if you are traveling with children. We stayed beachside on the ground floor and it was very quiet and peaceful. The hotel is much more beautiful than it looks in the pictures, and the specialty restaurants are decorated very nicely. This was by far the best hotel I've ever been to in my 7 trips to Cancun, we will definitely come back again next year.

Room Tip: It doesn't matter what tower you stay in- once you figure it out it is very easy to get around t...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
PDCR, Quality Department at Paradisus Cancun, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Guest;

What a fantastic review!!! Thank you very much for every detail you are providing everyone with and for such an enjoyable vacation with us. The Best of all Mexican Hotels is only awarded by you, our dearest reviewers, and we truly appreciate you take your time to share your experiences on this site; you can rest assure we will be doing our very best to not dissappointing anyone who chooses Paradisus Cancún Resort based on your positive reviews.

We have shared your comments with all Team in particular Fernanda our Family Concierge.

We hope to see you again soon.

Kind Regards,
Wichita, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

My wife and I looked at probably 200 resorts throughout the Caribbean, and the Royal Service option was what really sold us on this one. We were not disappointed. It is absolutely worth the extra $$$! The exclusive pool, bar & grill, and reserved bali beds got us away from the noise that accompanies children and college kids on spring break(which we are...just a little older). The rooms were nice enough for us, but I could see some people thinking they are not luxurious enough. Definitely get the Ocean View room and the higher floor the better. Amazing views. The food was not great, but not bad. The grounds were immaculate all throughout the resort, very impressive. The atriums were phenomenal with vines, plants, streams, and pools around every corner. We were still finding things we hadn't seen after 4 days of being there. The most impressive part of Paradisus Cancun is the staff. Absolutely incredible service from everyone we encountered. We arrived late(around 9pm) and Hector was outside helping another couple and quickly and efficiently helped us also find the separate Royal Service check-in. Hector was also our butler and although we didn't use the phone much except for dinner reservations he was more than willing to help us with whatever we needed. We asked for some mini-bottles of vodka, but we came back to our room to find .5L of Absolut. AWESOME! Julio the bartender at Palapa was fantastic every day we were there! Sergio always had our bali bed by the pool ready for us first thing in the morning and brought fruit and drinks throughout the day. Octavio, Consuela and all the other staff in the Royal Service area were also fabulous and kept a drink in our hand. We were enjoying ourselves so much relaxing by the pool and ocean that we scrapped the idea of doing anything else(main purpose of trip was to unwind). Aldo(Bana waiter) was great and offered good recommendations. You MUST go to Vento for the Mayan Coffee if nothing else. The show that Javier put on for us while making it table side was amazing. The Red Lounge offered a quaint place to grab some late drinks and dance to a DJ's mix of music. Avenue Bar was a very comfortable spot to grab a drink and watch the little shows they put on. We didn't catch it daily, but the bits and pieces we saw looked entertaining. My wife and I will without a doubt return someday. I can only hope they continue to employ top notch employees like the few that I mentioned and everyone else that greeted us with a smile. Thanks for an INCREDIBLE week of ultimate relaxation.

Room Tip: Royal Service Ocean View above the 2nd floor-you won't regret it!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest;

Thank you for a wonderful review!

We appreciate you providing so many details and concern to advise fellow travelers of the Quality Rooms, amenities, grounds, atriums, pools and more that made your stay so memorable and special.

There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. We are very happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay in our Royal Service and Thank you for your comments about our staff, we are very much appreciated.

It was my pleasure to share your positive experience with our team, we all look forward to your return.

Kind Regards,
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

The hotel is beautiful as well as the outside area. The rooms are spacious and nice once you figure out how to work the lights in the room and bathroom. The tubs are high up and have an overhead shower spout as well as a handheld thing. The buffet is a little to be desired...breakfast--no bacon or hash brown type potatoes. It has a lot of odd type foods. Lunch - mediocore as well. If you are not there by the time they put the food out, it becomes luke warm. They have the Market Grill ---which is pretty good (accept for the half done burgers). The best restaurant is the Asian place---not a hibachi grill. The Mexican and Med. are not what I expected. One downside to this hotel is that the club is located on the 1st floor. You can hear the booming music throughout the hotel as well as your room. Being on the 1st floor around the corner from the club didn't help any either. The tequila tasting was good--Carlos Sommelser was very knowledgable on the tequila and very friendly. We had one rude waiter in the Market Grill--Rudy. He acted as if we were an inconvenience in placing orders for stuff. Even took it upon himself to get the same drink for everyone. When asked if he was having a bad day, he indicated that he was very busy. The place wasn't even crowded. The other wait staff were nice.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with invaluable feedback via TripAdvisor.

We are not so pleased to learn that you were unhappy with the variety and quality food, upon reading your review, we spoke with both our Executive Chef and Food and Beverage Manager and we are currently reviewing the menu options.

The Red lounge is aimed to complement the resort experience, and not to bother our guest, please accept our apologies, maybe some of our rooms are closer to this outlet than others, unfortunately we cannot guarantee the location but we will follow up this kind of report to avoid this issue in the future.

We are pleased to know that you had the opportunity to try one of our Life Enriching Experience Activities and The Tequila Tasting satisfied your expectations. We have shared your comments with our Sommelier.

On the other hand, we are very surprised for the treatment you reported referring of Rudy, we immediately take action since this is not the way our guests supposed to be treat. Our goal is your satisfaction and that is why we continuously work with our staff to achieve it.

We are most grateful for you providing us with your feedback as all feedback is most welcome and highly appreciated, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.!

Kindest regards.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We just returned from a wonderful family vacation! This was our second trip to this hotel only this time we exchanged our time share points so that we could also travel with our very young granddaughter and her parents. We were not disappointed. Every single person acknowledged us everywhere we went. A nice hola, or good morning does so much to make you feel good!
We bought the all-inclusive option and were not disappointed. The food quality at all the restauraunts was just fine, we wanted for nothing. All wait staff were eager to help and quick to refill your glass. This spilled over to beach service as well, very accommodating and attentive,
There are some updates at this hotel since we last visited which added to our enjoyment.
We look forward to our return next year.

Room Tip: Ask for at least a partial ocean view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
PDCR, Quality Department at Paradisus Cancun, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for coming to visit us again!! . We are delighted we were able to look after you so well during your stay. I have passed your great comments onto our team. It is always very rewarding when visitors appreciate the hard work that goes into trying to look after everyone. We are delighted you enjoyed the food. We have made a lot of changes to the menu trying to ensure we maintain our policy of serving fresh cooked food, good variety and quality.

We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Paradisus Cancún Resort.

Kind Regards
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We stayed here for 7 nights for my 50th birthday. The hotel was lovely & the staff couldn't do enough for you. We stayed in the royal service section and felt like royalty, so much more peaceful than the main part of the hotel which was great as we travelled as a couple and wanted a nice relaxing break to recharge our batteries.
Unfortunately as I got of the plane and travelled to the hotel I had a problem with a trapped nerve in my back. The staff showed a REAL genuine concern for my welfare. They couldn't do enough for us, Erik was exceptionally helpful he even drove us to the restaurant in the golf cart & collected us after our meal so as to save me from having to walk. I had to visit the Dr on site the next morning, who was very caring & prescribed medication that the front desk arranged to collect & deliver to me all very quickly & efficiently.
All the restaurants we ate at we're lovely, but Tempo was our favourite. We ate there on my birthday and although they only had the one tasting menu it was absolutely fantastic we decided to eat there again a few nights later and enjoyed it just as much as the first time!!! We had room service every morning for breakfast, plate of fruit, cereal, toast and pastries with a large pot of lovely coffee and hot milk.
We always were able to reserve a cabana & sun beds by the pool. The beach when I was eventually able to walk again was beautiful. The sea current was very strong so I didn't venture in due to my back problem which was a shame as it looked gorgeous.
We both would recommend this hotel

Room Tip: Royal service is definitely the best, we had a 1 bedroom suite which had two balconies with ocean vi...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
PDCR, Quality Department at Paradisus Cancun, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Dear Guest;

Thank you for choosing Paradisus Cancún Resort to celebrate your 50th birthday together with us. We are very pleased to read that your stay with us has left you with such fond memories of these special occasions. Thank you for recognizing the sincerity of our colleagues in ensuring your holiday was thoroughly enjoyable; it is certainly with great pleasure that we were able to do so.

We will be sure to share you kind feedback with the team and we all look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Yours sincerely

Been to Paradisus Cancun? Share your experiences!