“Would go back in a heartbeat” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Kids Stay Free & More!
Ranked #10 of 172 hotels in Cancun
Michigan
“Would go back in a heartbeat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I went to the Paradisus from March 11- March 18, 2013 to celebrate my birthday. As a note, i had been looking at several hotels and worked through my travel agent Tana from Grand Turizmo travel. She is truly a very professional agent and I would recommend her to anyone. I had the pleasure to going with my husband, my sister, my brother-in-law, and three of my closest friends. Unfortunately, I rode Spirit airlines and I got to the hotel a couple of hours late. Everyone was there but me and of course I was a little irritated. We went through Lomas for our transfers and they were professional and got us to the hotel as fast as they could. I would truly recommend them. When we got to the hotel, I was in awe. The hotel is beautiful. We booked the Royal Service but did not know we're getting picked up by a golf cart. However, when we met our butler Erik, all my fears were gone. We did not wait and since it was my birthday, I requested a ocean front room and that is exactly what I got. The room was amazing. When the butler walked us up, he offered us a bottle of spirits and gave us a full overview of the grounds and restaurants. I knew this would be a wonderful trip. I want to provide the pros and small cons of the resort.
PROS:
1. The hotel lobby is beautiful with vines, greenery, flowers, and ponds with koi fish
2. The avenue bar is just in one word- sexy.. The Bali beds, soft chairs, views of the ocean, and lighting
3. Tempo restaurant was amazing. If you stay 7 nights in the Royal Service, the 45 dollars is waived. The 8 courses, which included three deserts were amazing.
4. The staff wear amazing.. Jonathan at Vento, Enrique at Naos, And all the bartenders at the pool bars and Bana. In addition, the bell men were wonderful.
5. The resort is clean and absolutely beautiful
6. The drinks were top shelf and never watered down.. Grey Goose and Don Julio
7. The homemade smoothies at Naos
8. The ocean was beautiful and spacious
9. The spa and gym were very beautiful with an excellent sauna and steam room
10. The red lounge was fun and the DJ was willing to play whatever you want
11. The Royal service is great with the butler service. You get a cell phone and you can call from anywhere and get what you need.

CONS:
1. The breakfast at Naos was mediocre but enough food to be ok
2. The food at Naos was lukewarm
3. The lady providing currency exchange was not friendly at all
3. The pools and hot tub were very cold

Overall, this place is wonderful and I will definitely be back. I would research the negative reviews because this hotel has it all.

Room Tip: Ask for ocean front, because you may get what you want. Royal Service is the way to go.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
PDCR, Quality Department at Paradisus Cancun, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Dear Mrs.Bendana;

Thank you for choosing Paradisus Cancún Resort to celebrate your birthday. We are very pleased to read that your stay with us has left you with such fond memories of your special occasions. In addition, I am pleased that you appreciated our butler service and his details.

I have forwarded your comments (Cons) to our Cheff, Guest Service and Maintenance department, which always welcomes suggestions for improvement.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Gracias!!

2,301 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (559)
  • Arabic first
Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

My week at the Paradisus Cancun was just Awesome ! Friendly Staff, All of them, they are always here to give you a smile !! I felt like home since my first day ! High quality service !! Delicious diverse food everyday !! Wonderful beach, I had the best time ever to relax ! I would definitely advice this place for anyone who plan to visit Cancun .. Don't miss it !!!!

Dear Mrs. Selim B;

Thank you for your review!!!. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and will let the Staff know that they helped you have a great stay with us.

All of us at the Paradisus Cancún Resort are passionate about hospitality and we were pleased to see you noticed. We truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you, and we all look forward to your return.

Regards
Ipswich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Im a 22 year old girl who went here for 10 days with one of my best friends, we had the most amazing time at this hotel. All of the staff are friendly and welcoming wherever you go, always willing to help you. The food at the hotel was lush, something for everyone and different everyday, was worried at first as had read bad comments on here before we went about the food. We went to coco bongo when was out there, would defiantly reccommend to anyone was an amazing night out! I would defiantly reccommend this hotel to all sorts of ages, young, old, familes. This hotel was by far one of the bestest i have ever stayed in!!

Dear Amy;

We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience regards to your stay with your friends in our hotel. We are delighted to learn that you had a wonderful time with us and acknowledge our wide variety of food selection we had.

Again, Thank you very much for posting a review on Trip Advisor, it was my pleasure to share your positive experience with our team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Paradisus Cancún Resort in the future.

Yours sincerely
Cornelius, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

After staying in another Paradisus in Dominican and having a terrible experience, I set my expectations low for this one, so keep that in mind. We got an amazing deal and were able to upgrade to Royal Service for very little - that made all the difference. So if you are going, UPGRADE to Royal Service...you can reserve a poolside cabana every day, which is where we spent most of our time.

Pro's:
- Most of the staff was incredibly friendly and willing to bend over backwards for you (except for our butler and one grumpy guy at the breakfast/lunch buffet)
- The staff was meticulous about keeping up the resort. They combed the beaches every morning, cleaned out the ponds and were always working hard.
- The beach was beautiful.
- We were upgraded to a room with two balconies with a beach view! Cabana's were always available at the adults only bar and it was always quiet and pleasant there.
-The nightly shows at the avenue bar, the performers were fantastic!
Con's:
- No hot tub...anywhere on the resort! We dipped our feet in every area that looked like it could be, but nothing. It was in the upper 70's/low 80's the whole trip and very windy, so it get's pretty chilly. The pool was waaayyy too cold to enjoy, so it was a bummer not be able to really get in the water in the day or at night!
- No evening pool/ocean side bar.
- A little overly trendy. Techno music playing constantly everywhere (some of it was pleasant spa like techno, but still techno). There was a dress code at the restaurants and you had to make reservations at all of them.

Overall, would I recommend it? Probably. But if I were going again, I would want to try somewhere just a little less trendy and a little more unique - but hey, it's Cancun!

Room Tip: Definetly go ocean view - it is great to leave your door open and hear the ocean all night!
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your kind and detailed review, which we really appreciated.

It was especially rewarding for us to read your comments about our Royal Service and how much you enjoyed the service provided by our Team.

Our mission is for you to enjoy your trip in a pleasant and relaxed atmosphere. I am sorry that we could not be successful in your case for our music.

I am glad you have notified us so we can acknowledge your experience and I will forward your comments to the appropriate department, which always welcomes suggestions for improvement.

We hope that you will be able to return to the hotel soon.

Kindest regards.
Flemington, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

This is one of many trips we have taken to Mexico, and not our first to the Paradisus Cancun (formerly Gran Melia). My husband and I were blown away by the renovations, quality of food, new restaurant choices and of course the staff. From the moment we arrived, our check in was seamless and our room was beautiful. Many thanks to Maria and Yvette. What truly makes this hotel stand out from the rest is the staff. Rody Marco at Fuego is alway there for us. And our dear friends Carlos Duarte and Mario Vasquez (or should I say family) work so darn hard to attend to every detail! They welcome us with open arms and offer us the best service we have had anywhere in the world. We were nervous that our favorite restaurant "Tempo" had changed, but once again our dear friend Ignacio and the manager Olsen took great care of us. The tasting menu by the new Spanish chef (Martin B.) was unbelievable! Better than any recent meal we have had in NYC. Service at the beach/pool was spectacular as well. And the staff at Naos and Market Grill...Victor, we sure miss your laugh and contagious smile! At the Market Grill you will be greated by the nicest hostess anywhere..Ayerelli. My husband and I also had a massage at the Yhi Spa and both were the best ever. We will count the days until our next visit, and it will be your priviledge to be guests at the Paradisus Cancun!

Room Tip: Ocean View
Dear Mrs. joy m;

We appreciate and thank you for your kind feedback. Thank you for recognizing our team members, who are indeed our stars!!

We are glad your husband and you were comfortable during your stay, and I am glad to know the team was professional yet friendly; your recognition of our efforts motivates us.

We look forward to welcoming you home again!

Regards,
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I haven’t written a Trip Advisor review in quite a while, but I feel compelled to do so after staying at this resort and reading the other reviews. My husband and I stayed at the Paradisus from March 9 to 16, all-inclusive, non-Royal Service. While this resort is beautiful, I think if you carefully read the responses from the management at Paradisus to other reviewers’ comments on this site, you’ll glean all you need to know about this resort – if something is wrong, it is either a “misinterpretation” by the guest, or an “exception” that guest experienced. In summary, it’s the guest’s fault.

The staff at Paradisus is unorganized and they simply do not care. I’m a firm believer in you get what you give – we always tip staff and make a point to be courteous to everyone, speaking Spanish when we can, etc. But, at the Paradisus, the majority of the treatment we received was condescending and bordered on disdain. Perhaps if we were Royal Service guests or with the convention we would have been treated with more respect?

In terms of the restaurants, the buffet food was great. However, getting seated was always a hassle due to lack of tables and unorganized staff. The Market Grill, Vento and Fuego are basically connected to the buffet, so I’m not sure how those are really considered separate restaurants. There may be separate menus, but they all run together. Vento is not outside, as is described on Paradisus’ website, and it is frequently used as run-over buffet seating.

Room service was limited, but tasty and efficient. We ate at Blue Agave (tacos) and had an average experience. Mole, next door, repurposes the food from Blue Agave. For example, chicken mole enchiladas were the chicken tacos (not kidding) from Blue Agave covered in a cold mole sauce. And, the conchinita pibil seemed remarkably similar to the carnitas we had the night before at Blue Agave. La Perla was closed to guests, except for convention parties. The bad food, coupled with the often rude service, lead us to eat at some of the great restaurants near this resort (several are within walking distance or a quick ride on the great bus system in the hotel zone).

The gym is sub-par and seemed as though it was an afterthought. It’s in the basement with no windows, thumping club music and not enough machines. Good thing it only rained one day so we could go outside.

Also, just a warning – if you have trouble climbing stairs you may want to consider another resort. There are several stairs up the front of the resort (to take the bus, etc.) as well as to access to pool and beach areas.

I will say that the beach and pool areas are beautiful at this resort. However, I will be staying at another resort, with another beautiful beach and pool area, next time I’m in Cancun.

Dear Guest;

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding our hotel. We take all comments and criticisms seriously and appreciate the time you took to write your review. Everyone at the Paradisus Cancún Resort aspire to ensure that all of our guest receive an exceptional experience.

We regret that we did not achieve this goal. We never want to be anything less than helpful or honest with our guests and we're reviewing your comments to ensure we're doing all we can to exceed expectations.

We hope that one day you will afford us an opportunity to restore your confidence in the Paradisus Cancún.

Regards
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Such a beautiful clean helpful friendly safe resort.

We have been all over Mexico and this was our best expierience yet.

The entire resort was spotless. From rooms to the beaches and 24 hour room service.
We normally have bad experiences with hard beds in all Mexician resorts but the beds at Paradisus we like Heaven. We felt rested every morining, almost choosing staying in bed rather than getting out in the sun.

The restaurants were amazing. We went to the sushi restaurant 3 times.
Making late reservations were never a problem. The wine lists are very good and themed to each restaurant.

In the last day we lost our IPad and IPhone. We thought that we were robbed from either staff or a guest. Feeling devistated, we went to the Guest services Desk and to our surprise house keeping found our lost items and they were returned to us.

Honestly the best Mexician get away ever.

Even though we felt the pools were cold, we will go back to the Paradisus next year.

Room Tip: We booked on Lagoon but there was no problem when checking in to upgrade to ocean side for 45$ a nig...
Dear Guest;

On behalf of the team, I would like thank you for recommending the resort via TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to read from your review that we managed to live up to your expectations. All you comments are highly appreciated and I will certainly share them with the team.

Once again, thank you for posting a review and we all look forward to welcoming you to your now favourite resort in Cancún, Paradisus!!

Sincerely

Been to Paradisus Cancun? Share your experiences!