I went to the Paradisus from March 11- March 18, 2013 to celebrate my birthday. As a note, i had been looking at several hotels and worked through my travel agent Tana from Grand Turizmo travel. She is truly a very professional agent and I would recommend her to anyone. I had the pleasure to going with my husband, my sister, my brother-in-law, and three of my closest friends. Unfortunately, I rode Spirit airlines and I got to the hotel a couple of hours late. Everyone was there but me and of course I was a little irritated. We went through Lomas for our transfers and they were professional and got us to the hotel as fast as they could. I would truly recommend them. When we got to the hotel, I was in awe. The hotel is beautiful. We booked the Royal Service but did not know we're getting picked up by a golf cart. However, when we met our butler Erik, all my fears were gone. We did not wait and since it was my birthday, I requested a ocean front room and that is exactly what I got. The room was amazing. When the butler walked us up, he offered us a bottle of spirits and gave us a full overview of the grounds and restaurants. I knew this would be a wonderful trip. I want to provide the pros and small cons of the resort.
1. The hotel lobby is beautiful with vines, greenery, flowers, and ponds with koi fish
2. The avenue bar is just in one word- sexy.. The Bali beds, soft chairs, views of the ocean, and lighting
3. Tempo restaurant was amazing. If you stay 7 nights in the Royal Service, the 45 dollars is waived. The 8 courses, which included three deserts were amazing.
4. The staff wear amazing.. Jonathan at Vento, Enrique at Naos, And all the bartenders at the pool bars and Bana. In addition, the bell men were wonderful.
5. The resort is clean and absolutely beautiful
6. The drinks were top shelf and never watered down.. Grey Goose and Don Julio
7. The homemade smoothies at Naos
8. The ocean was beautiful and spacious
9. The spa and gym were very beautiful with an excellent sauna and steam room
10. The red lounge was fun and the DJ was willing to play whatever you want
11. The Royal service is great with the butler service. You get a cell phone and you can call from anywhere and get what you need.
1. The breakfast at Naos was mediocre but enough food to be ok
2. The food at Naos was lukewarm
3. The lady providing currency exchange was not friendly at all
3. The pools and hot tub were very cold
Overall, this place is wonderful and I will definitely be back. I would research the negative reviews because this hotel has it all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Timeless Luxury with an Avant-Garde Flair Evocative of an ancient Mayan civilization; lavish architecture that rises into the sky and slips back into the sandy Cancun shore. Gran Meliá Cancun Resort is a 5-star, AAA 4-diamond beachfront resort, voluminous as it is elegant, decadent as it is distinguished. Gran Meliá Cancun's five majestic pyramids decorate this timelessly-tropical scene, revealing a backdrop of the Caribbean Sea. Four spectacular pools, luxurious guestrooms, dining and the hotel's renowned YHI Spa, one of the most prestigious in the world, are only a taste of a bold collection of services and amenities offered at this sleek, seductive and luxurious Cancun resort paradise. Positioned, carefully, in Cancun's Hotel Zone, Gran Meliá Cancun luxury hotel is within 5 minutes from the city's premier shopping centers, 15 minutes from the International Airport, and immediate proximity to the downtown and many exciting entertainment venues. A 9-hole, par 3 executive golf course, three lavish pools, and the signature YHI Spa offer the discerning guest a definitive means to leisure. Experience a hotel that radiates the beauty of the Yucatán Peninsula, and the privilege and compassion of Gran Meliá, premiere Cancun resorts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Amex, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Melia, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Paradisus Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Melia Cancun Hotel Cancun
- Cancun Gran Melia
- Grand Melia Cancun
- Melia Cancun