“12th Anniversary Heaven” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Secrets The Vine Cancun Resort & Spa

You added Secrets The Vine Cancun Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Secrets The Vine Cancun Resort & Spa
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Boulevard Kukulcan Km 14.5 Mza.13 Retorno del Rey Lote 38 & 38B, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #4 of 178 Hotels in Cancun
Billings, Montana
“12th Anniversary Heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

We stayed very short...just three nights for a quick 12 year anniversary celebration. We have been to Mexico numerous times, but always stay south of Cancun. This is the best all-adult hotel we've stayed at! The room was gorgeous...we had an ocean view honeymoon suite, and it was sweet! :) Most importantly, it was clean and comfortable!

The food was good. We have had better at the Karisma hotels (Azul Beach to be specific), but overall, we would rank it number 2.

The pools were nice, but being from Montana without kids, we spent the majority of our time at the beach. The beach was tons of fun...nothing in the way of rocks to get in your way of swimming or body surfing! One day the water was crystal clear and very calm. This is the most fun I've had in the ocean since our honeymoon in Jamaica.

Service is slow...that was the only negative for us. I'm not complaining about slow dining service, for that is nice not to be bombarded with food. The beach service for drinks took so long, we just started going to the pool bar. If you want food on the beach, be prepared to wait 45 minutes to an hour for chips and salsa. Also, our safe quit working and that took us a good hour and a half to get fixed. It was just the wait for a new safe. That was ridiculous.

I would absolutely go back!

Room Tip: I read reviews prior that said Hard Rock side was loud. We were on that side, but didn't experi...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,456)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Catharpin, Virginia, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

I've been to Cancun many times. I was traveling with my sister and a friend and since we didn't have our children with us, we decided to stay at an adult only resort and I really enjoyed it.I contacted the hotel in advance and let them know that we were celebrating my sister's 40th birthday and our room was decorated with a banner and balloons when we arrived which started out our vacation in a nice way. They also brought her a sweet treat on our first night.

Overall, I really enjoyed this hotel. There were several nice things that I thought made the hotel seem "special" for example they bring water around by the pool before the bar opens, they also walk around with cold towels and a sample of fruit in the morning.

I also like that they have a pool menu for food that they bring to you at your chair. It was quick and I enjoyed it. I also liked the little sandwiches at the coffee shop. As others have mentioned, I thought it was fun how they have the chefs come by with a food and drink sample by they pool.

I always appreciate activities that take place around the pool and resort. On this trip, I took a Spanish lesson, attended a bracelet making class and went on the kitchen tour. I thought the kitchen tour was really interesting and informative. it took about an hour.

I enjoyed all of the restaurants. i always ordered a shrimp dish and really liked my meals. My sister typically ordered beef and didn't enjoy hers as much.

When I have the chance to visit Cancun again without my children, I absolutely would want to return to Secrets the Vine. We had a great trip!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

Don't know how I'm going to summarise the sheer luxury of this hotel.

We vsitied this hotel on our honeymoon before going on to Las Vegas. When we arrived we were greeted with champagne and taken to our room by our 'butler'. We felt the check in was quick which was great as we had had a long journey.

We were upgraded to the junior suite with ocean view which again was fabulous. I would recommend that you upgrade if you stay here. It was lovely to have the patio doors open and be able to hear the sea.

The service in the hotel was impecable, couldn't have asked for more, no matter where you were in the hotel or even on the beach, the hotel staff were friendly and helpful.

The food was gorgeous and there were several restaurants to choose from which made it even better as usually with all inclusives, the food can become a bit 'samey'.

I would go as far as to say this is the best hotel I have ever stayed in and we are considering visiting again next year for our first anniversary.

LOVE LOVE LOVE!

Thank you Secrets the Vine for making our honeymoon memorable!

Room Tip: Definitely upgrade to the preferred club as you get a few added extras!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Texarkana, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

My husband and I usually stay at the Excellence Play Mujeres. However, we chose Secrets the Vine because of complaints of construction noise at EPM (Secrets is building a resort near EPM). We really enjoyed our stay but prefer EPM. Secrets is a newer, more modern resort. However, the food, entertainment, service, and rooms at EPM are better. Better dining choices, more activities and variety of entertainment, and bigger rooms (better room layout). We also like EPM because it had more of a resort feel. We felt like we were at a nice hotel at Secrets. If you are looking for plush green grounds and relaxation EPM is your place. There is no comparison when it comes to the beach. Secrets the Vines wins hands down. The beach is cleaner and the water is clearer at Secrets. We enjoyed our stay and would consider trying out the new Secrets near EPM but we can't wait to get back to EPM next year. Lastly, we did not like the sales pitch upon arrival at Secrets. There was also the constant request for us to buy bottles of wine. This occurred when we entered restaurants and randomly as we walked around the resort.

• Stayed July 2014
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

We stayed at Secrets The Vine for our honeymoon in August and couldn't have picked a better place to spend it. The resort was truly amazing and it was a "one of a kind" experience. We want to extend a special thanks to our butler, Alejandro for making our stay extra special. He took care of everything for us for the week and treated us as his "special" guests! When he said he was going to have coffee delivered to our room at 8:30am, he was always there at 8:29am! He was never late! Hats off for Alejandro's service and always going the extra mile. We loved this resort and the cleanliness and very modern rooms. Overall, the staff was superb! We would definitely travel to this resort again and recommend it to those reading my post. You won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: Stay in the "Preferred Club" area. It is worth the extra money!
cleveland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

Just returned from a 9 night stay at Secrets The Vine in Cancun, Mexico. This was our second time at this location. It is amazing. Food, service, entertainment, cleanliness, suites were all so top notch. They will & did go above & beyond for you. Some of the restaurants have the men wearing pants but you can sit outside for the same restaurant & wear shorts. Top shelf liquor if you order it is yours. Coffee shop has cappuccino, espresso, bakery, sandwiches, candy & hot pretzels. So good! They also have a sports bar with many screens playing different sporting events. It's like a diner. Casual fare is served there if you feel more like a burger & fries. Entertainment & games are at the pools. They do need to get more floats because there isn't enough. Perfect location.
They did do spinning when I was there & I did it every day that they had it which was great. But did hear they might not be doing it next year & that disappoints me. But if you like machines or weights they have those.
We booked our package vacation with Mitch Toren from Tripguy.com. He took care of everything from beginning to end. Even called & emailed back on his day off. We've been going to Cancun for about 15 years & booked with different travel agents & this is the first time we got a card at the resort welcoming us & hoping we'd had a good trip. Also an email before leaving wishing us a good trip & that everything was good to go. Then a couple other ones. Maybe this is nothing to you but it meant a lot to us. Please contact him for any vacation needs & you won't be sorry.

Room Tip: All rooms are superb!
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

I surprised my wife with a trip to our favorite vacation spot, Cancun. We just got back and I booked us at Secrets the Vine. My wife and I are all-inclusive travelers and Secrets the Vine just shot up to our number 1 resort. We can't say enough good things about the grounds, food, and service. Those reviewers that found fault with this resort probably can't be happy anywhere. In the short time that we were there, we got to sample all of the restaurants. All of them were our favorites. WE definitely recommend this resort to anyone that wants to be pampered. If there was anything negative, I would say they need more nightly entertainment. The two shows that we did see were great; but, more would hit the spot. The circus show was great and the comedic magician was quite entertaining. Also, please limit the sales pitch for the vacation club. Let your guest ask you about wanting that feature and limit your staff to selling that product. Most people are not there for that and don't want to spend 1/4 of their vacation time listening to a sales pitch. However, that will not stop me from giving this resort "5 stars." Kudos to all the staff that made our stay memorable.

Room Tip: Odd number rooms face Hard Rock. Even number rooms face Hotel Strip
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Secrets The Vine Cancun Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!