“best trip ever!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Secrets The Vine Cancun Resort & Spa

You added Secrets The Vine Cancun Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Secrets The Vine Cancun Resort & Spa
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Boulevard Kukulcan Km 14.5 Mza.13 Retorno del Rey Lote 38 & 38B, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #4 of 179 Hotels in Cancun
Cleveland, Ohio
“best trip ever!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

i have been to other secrets resorts in mexico and this one by far is the best! I'm def coming back next year. the resort itself is beautiful and clean. the staff is the nicest!!! all i can say is, if you are looking to have the best pools, ocean, food, room, staff, this is the place! no complaints. not 1. you will not be sorry staying here!!!!!! thank you to everyone at secrets the vine for making our honeymoon outstanding!!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
SecretsTheVine, Social Media Coordinator at Secrets The Vine Cancun Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Dear scare_rika31,

On behalf of the entire staff we would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay at our resort. It was a pleasure being your hosts during your recent gateway to the Mexican Caribbean.

We were delighted that you've enjoyed all the details we take pride in offering our guests. We are glad to read that you enjoyed a pleasant Honeymoon stay.

Again, thank you for sharing your experience and thank you also for your patronage of Secrets The Vine Cancun. Our team looks forward to having you back in a not too distant future.

Tel:(52) 998 8489400

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,356)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

We spent three nights at this hotel before heading to tulum. We don't usually stay at all inclusives anymore unless we have our kids with us but really enjoyed our stay at the vine. The hotel is beautiful. Our room was beautiful, the beach and pools were beautiful too. We never had a hard time finding a chair but we are early risers. The food was good and drinks were too. We really enjoyed the sports bar for pre-dinner drinks. We will stay there Again!!

• Stayed June 2013
SecretsTheVine, Social Media Coordinator at Secrets The Vine Cancun Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Dear neicie,

We would like to thank you for selecting our resort as your host on your recent gateway to our destination. It was a pleasure receiving you and we appreciate that you have taken the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor.

We were delighted that you've enjoyed all the details we take pride in offering our guests. We thank you on behalf of our team and Management.

We look forward to have you back at Secrets The Vine, your home in the Mexican Caribbean.

Alexandria, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

This was my fourth trip to Secrets, the first this (2014) year. I am a solo male traveler, go to Cancun to escape the dreadful NE winter, get in a lot of outdoor running (I am a repetitive marathon runner), take some sun and water, and do some "dental tourism" to avoid paying ridiculous prices. Secrets was as before, wonderful, of course I can travel on late notice but I got four sunshine days, low humidity and in the 80s. The hotel is immaculate, the staff are very friendly and efficient (the Mayan ladies are very attractive and have sweet personalities), and I feel very much at home there. The restaurants were very good, overall; surprisingly, the side dishes at both Nebbiolo and the steak restaurant were far better than the main dishes this time (grouper and NY strip) although the salmon I had at Dragon was possibly the best fish I've had, anywhere. The morning breakfast buffet remains a remarkable array of fine food and juices; the waiters and waitresses are very attentive. I was also there to run 11-12 miles a day, both on the beach (tough, as it is inclined and the sand is very soft), on the sidewalks on the main drag (not bad, overall) and in the gym on treadmills (very modern and clean with a wonderful 12th floor view). Someone earlier posted something about a bunch of supposedly drunken contact lens salesmen who had taken over the hotel the prior week; I talked to several people who had stayed during that time who said that was absolutely untrue from their perspective, that this group consisted of very fine and friendly people. I was not pestered in the slightest by the time share folks. The ability to call the US for free from the room phone is a real bonus. I sleep heavy but I found no noise of consequence seeping into my room at any time, day or night.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Belisarius777,

On behalf of the entire staff of Secrets The Vine Cancun we would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay at our resort.

We were delighted that you've enjoyed all the details we take pride in offering our guests, like the attention of our Staff and the food selection at our restaurants.

We would certainly be glad to have you back for another round of a wonderful stay. Please feel confident to reach us prior your next visit at info.sevcu@secretsresorts.com if you need assistance prior arrival.

Warmest regards,

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Spent a wonderful Christmas here. Decided on Cancun for Christmas as London was too cold. Then did some research on TA and decided on this hotel.

Absolutely loved it. Arrived and was given champagne whilst waiting to check-in. Check-in was swift. Our room was lovely. Only downside was they differentiate between ocean view and facing the ocean. Didn't pay enough attention whilst booking it. This was a negative as you don't want to have to want to go to the end of the balcony to see the ocean in an ocean view room.

Anyhow, the pools were lovely, all the people working by the pools and in the restaurants were also lovely. Absolutely loved the daily Danza kuduro routine done by the entertainment staff by the poolside.
Highly enjoyed my stay.

Only thing I would want the hotel to change: put some hooks in rooms!!!
They supply bathrobes which you find hanging in the cupboard on arrival but there is nowhere to put them once used. I was not going to hang wet bathrobes with my clothes in the cupboard. The shower and toilet doors have towel rails on them but trying to stuff a bathrobe through is highly unnecessary when a couple of hooks could be easily attached.

I would definitely return.

Room Tip: Choose oceanfront or ocean facing!!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Maria121,

We are very happy to learn that your stay was a most pleasant one, and that you were highly satisfied with our service and our resort.

We also have noted your kind suggestion of hooks and we are reviewing with our team, it is a very good observation.

We look forward to have the opportunity to welcome you back in a near future.

Gatineau, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

I am in the middle of my week holiday as i am writing this review.
The arrival:
We showed up herr on thursday. Nice welcome home then check in. Right after check in, this sale representative shows up and take you to her desk to sell you their vacation club thing. First annoying thing to do. After a long trip, last thing i want is to listen to a sale pitch!
Even though it is past 3 pm and check in is at 3 pm, i am told our room isnt ready. After i asked when it would be ready he makes a few calls then say it is ready now.
The room
We specifically asked for a king size bed when we booked. We walk in the room and... Twin bed. Very small room. No bath tub. Balcony is useless. When you walk out it is so noisy you feel like you are at the airport.
So i go back to the main desk and ask for an upgrade or a transfer. Nothing! The hotel is full 100% i will look into it and leave you a message as soon as we have something....
3 days later, i go back and ask again.... The lady looks puzzle, she asks he co worker some stuff in spanish. Answer. Nothing for the week. I say what? No one in this resort has checked out in the last 3 days leaving a better room. Apparently not!

Beach
The beach itslf in small but the water in beautiful. Clean and nice sand. Great waves.
But the beach setup is comparable to a 4 stars hotel in cuba.
Beach chairs are the cheapest you can get. They are stack and so close to one another. Many guests end up directly on the ground with towels.
Nothing luxuriuous there. You look to your left and see the people at the sandos happily enjoying their beach beds. To the right... Hard rock cafe with their fancy confy chairs. Not for us!!!!

Pool
Pools are all right. Water a bit cloudy. Cheap chairs.
Nicer pool that they advertise as the infinity pool on the 12th (in fact it is 4th) floor is only for preferred and i have already been told i cant be preferred as i cant upgrade.

Buffet
Morning buffet is average. But it is the first time ever that i have to wait in line to be seated. Not much service.
Lunch buffet is low to average. Not much choice. Not very warm.
Restaurant:
So far we have done the steak house and the food wasnt good. Steak was as salty as it gets. And dry. My salad was uneatable. It wasin a pool of vinagar.
The mediteraneen wasnt bad. Althiugh it is outside and it gets pretty windy at night. Only problem again is salt. Wake up in the middle of the night with dry mouth.
The italian... Food was average. Service was cold and slow.
It appears to me that if you are asking for the house wine they immediatly become cold.

Anyway... It is my third time in a secrets. I have been to maroma twice and this just doesnt compare. Not even for a second.
We arr leavi g from ottawa and we got a last minute deal for this trip. I had been looking at prices for a few month and had heard that this hotel was the best secrets and was surpassing the maroma. I had great expectations. Trip was going for around 3000$ per persons per week. We booked it last minute for 1640$ per persons with TMR.
Although i am highly disappointed by my trip.... At least we didnt pay much.
So i am giving it 1.5 star just because i know many guests will pay 2500 to 3000 for a week here and that is absolutly outrageous!

• Stayed January 2014
Dear kate_dut,

We regret to know that we have not fulfilled your expectations during your visit. Please be certain that we have taken your feedback seriously.

We are sad to read that unfortunately your experience was not near to what our satisfied guests experience and what has ranked us high on Tripadvisor and other review sites.

It is important for us to mention that all suites of our hotel offer king beds in the room. With the exception of suite category Deluxe Ocean View and Preferred Deluxe Ocean View, where bed type is subject to availability and you will be able to find either one king size bed or two double beds.

We do our best in order for us to fulfill a guest request in advance or during your stay, however we appreciate your understanding that since this is subject to the current resort availability these kind of requests cannot be guaranteed.

We also suggest our guests to purchase their upgrades prior to arrival to guarantee the room category they would like. Rooms to upgrade upon check in are subject to the resort's availability and we cannot guarantee there will be rooms on the desired category to upgrade to unfortunately.

Again, we sincerely apologize if our services did not meet your expectations. We hope you may decide to give us another opportunity to serve you better in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

Best hotel, best personal, best service! I will come again. The rooms and food are very good. The entertaiment is also very good. I recommend you to book tours with travel agent of the hotel.It is very best . Thank you Secrets the vine.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Eva M,

We would like to thank you for selecting our resort as your host for your Honeymoon . It was a pleasure receiving you and we appreciate that you have taken the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor.

We are very happy to learn that your stay was a most pleasant one and enjoyed our rooms, staff and food selection available to all our guests.

We look forward to host you soon perhaps for your Anniversary trip.

Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

This is my first review EVER so I’ll make this short and to the point. I travel once or twice a year but have never experienced such a high level of customer service. So I felt compelled to share my experience. From the time I arrived at the resort, every want and need was met with speed and proficiency. If I wanted to go on an excursion, Shopping, Sightseeing or just into town, the staff made it happen in a timely manner.

The Food was great but the portion size was a little on the small side, but that's OK because its "All Inclusive'' so you can always order more if you need to. Room service was great and very fast. I ate at every restaurant on the resort more than once and never had bad service or a bad meal.

The grounds are very well maintained and my room was amazing. I stayed in the Preferred Master Suite Ocean View. I think it was room 2704. I chose the preferred suite because I wanted a room above the 21st floor so I could have a great view. I don’t drink but if you do and you want a great view then go for the preferred room. I was told the preferred guest get top shelf liquor. If you’re not a drinker and you don’t plan on spending a lot time in the room then you can save a nice amount of money by staying in a Non-Preferred room. This is a link to a video of the room I stayed in.

Thanks

Room Tip: Ocean View Gives you more to see. Perferred room are on higher floors
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Joseph L,

On behalf of the entire staff of Secrets The Vine Cancun we would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay at our resort and also making a video. It was a pleasure being your hosts during your recent gateway to the Mexican Caribbean.

We are glad to know that you have found the view that characterizes every suite of our resort as breathtaking. We are also delighted to read that you have enjoyed the facilities and special amenities delivered to Preferred Club guests.

We look forward to welcome you back home.

Tel:(52) 998 8489400

Been to Secrets The Vine Cancun Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!