“Great experience ” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Secrets The Vine Cancun Resort & Spa

You added Secrets The Vine Cancun Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Secrets The Vine Cancun Resort & Spa
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Boulevard Kukulcan Km 14.5 Mza.13 Retorno del Rey Lote 38 & 38B, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Summer Savings up 40%
Ranked #4 of 179 Hotels in Cancun
Brisbane, Australia
“Great experience ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

This would be the best hotel my girlfriend and I have stayed at! Besides not having a tennis court like most 5 stars usually have all the facilities such as pool, spa treatment, gym, Restaurants and cafés/BBQs snack bars and bars were 100% on the money. 90% of the Restaurants are fine dining which was a great touch, meals aren't too big so if you feel like going to another one the same night do it. Most all inclusive's get you to make resignations but at secrets all you need to do is just turn up in smart casual attire. Highly recommend getting the ocean front pool side corner honeymoon suite, amazing 180 degree view also the adults only and average age around 35 years old was a breath of fresh air. I want to go back now!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
SecretsTheVine, Social Media Coordinator at Secrets The Vine Cancun Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear Michael T,

On behalf of the entire staff of Secrets The Vine Cancun we would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay at our resort. It was a pleasure being your hosts during your recent gateway to the Mexican Caribbean.

We are glad to read that you have enjoyed of our resort but especially our restaurants, we are also delighted to know that you enjoyed the breathtaking views from your suite.

Again, thank you for sharing your experience and thank you also for your patronage of Secrets The Vine Cancun. Our team looks forward to having you back in a not too distant future.

Tel:(52) 998 8489400

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,358)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
The Villages, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

I am not sure what TNK29 is speaking of because we experienced NONE of that there. We were up very early (4am ish) to watch the sunrise & no one was having sex. Also, there were no topless women. It is against Secrets' policy and besides is a topless woman really all that offensive at an ADULT all inclusive? Personally I would be far more upset about people fighting or vomiting, which was saw none of. I have traveled a great deal and always stay at premier hotels such as the Wynn when I'm in Las Vegas, The Sofitel or Grand Hyatt when I'm in Manhattan and the Bohemian when I'm in Savannah. Dually, I work at the premier hotel in my area of residence. Secrets is fantastic. The food is incredibly satisfying and met or exceeded our expectations. We liked Nebbiolo so much we ate there twice during our 4 day stay. The Osso Buco was perfection as was the Sea Bass and Lamb Chops. Never once during our trip did we taste anything that was subpar except the tabouli needed to be salted and (this is my faux pa of not waiting for my coffee to dip it in to be delivered) the biscotti was a bit dry. The breakfast buffet was incredible. Room Service was timely and delicious. Try all of the ice creams at the resort. I am not positive, but by texture and taste I believe them to be made in house along with the rest of the desserts. I myself am an a chef by hobby and my husband has a refined palate as well. Our favorite restaurant is Frasca to give you a point of reference to our taste level. Also, I strive to maintain a healthy lifestyle and diet so I did not drink but 2 drinks (Negro Modelo on draft! and a Margarita with a splash of Disaronno- the bartender will look at you funny but it is delicious!) and the house red at Nebbiolo (which was very nice for a house wine) so I am not someone who's experience was persuaded by my blood alcohol level. At every restaurant we received excellent service and every staff member was very polite and accommodating. It was our 2nd wedding anniversary on 11-11 & when we arrived there was a banner on our door (we did not upgrade to the preferred floors and were on the 14th which was perfect for us because the elevators came quickly and in fact in room 1425 you look out onto the preferred pool on the Hard Rock side (instead of say the roof of a building which is what I imagine the other side of the building saw). Also, we were dead smack in the center of the building so we saw both the lagoon view as well as the beautiful (pictures can not do the beauty justice) beach and sunrises. We found the coffee bar to be great for a morning or afternoon/evening pick me up as I drink double espressos. The rooms are lovely and well appointed. The beds comfortable and bedding supple. The shower in our room was fantastic and our water was very hot so do be careful. The lighting in the room is not confusing if you have any brains at all and is actually such a great feature as there are times you need more than a lamp but not full on overhead lighting. We were never hounded by anyone trying to sell a timeshare. The one time someone did ask us we happened to be walking in front of the hotel from the pharmacia, we replied we are staying at the hotel and they asked if we had taken the tour, we replied yes and that was that. So if anyone asks just say yes and no one will ask again. We did not want to have to be anywhere at any particular time as that is what a vacation is for-- to relax and do as you please so our days were spent watching the sunrise very early, being some of the first people at the breakfast buffet (thus giving us access to the freshest food & best table locations), then on the incredibly gorgeous beach, getting lunch at some point if we felt like it, coming back to the room, getting ready in appropriately dressy clothes (please do not be the guy in jeans and a tshirt at the restaurants serving a cuisine level dinnesr. it is déclassé and shows a disrespect to the atmosphere & establishment), enjoying our meals and sometimes just relaxing in the lobby with the live saxophone player or piano player or changing and going out to the beach at night just to enjoy the breeze. On multiple occasions after thinking about what we had read on here prior to our trip we each stated "If you can not be happy here, you can not be happy anywhere." We did not use the pools as I am from and grew up in Orlando and always had a pool- there are plenty of pools in the US, but that beach is only there in Cancun :) We didn't participate in the organized activities but those who did seemed like they were having a blast. The gym was well appointed and the entire hotel was immaculate. They were constantly cleaning- in fact every AM it is one man's job to clean the sea weed off the beach! It's absurd someone would complain about sea weed, but point being they have thought of everything to make it as wonderful an experience as possible for their guests. Also, although it is an all inclusive we did tip in US dollars. We never felt obligated, but we wanted to acknowledge and show appreciation for a job well done and excellent service. There are a couple things on here that my husband did notice were true, but honestly, I didn't notice until he pointed it out and it never bothered me-- if you have your balcony door open you can here a quiet slight whistle under the hall door as well as if someone is very loud in the hall you may hear them. This is all so minor though to the entire experience.

Seriously, hands down most beautiful beach I've ever been to (and that is compared to either the Pacific coast or Atlantic coast of the US or in the Bahamas) and best vacation overall. We are already planning our trip back and were terribly sad to leave. I have lots of photos, but I am not on my home computer, if TA allows you to edit reviews I will come back & post them so everyone can see some examples of the fantastic experience we had.

Room Tip: We really liked 1425. Any of the 25s would be nice because you look over the preferred pool and it...
Dear MrsMeyers1111,

It is a pleasure to read through such a detailed overview. Thank you very much for the time invested on writing this review.

We are very happy to learn that your stay was a most pleasant one, and that you were highly satisfied with our service, beverage, food and facilities. We have strived to deliver the most memorable experience to our valued guest. We highly appreciate your gracious comments here and have shared it with our team.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again prior to your return, we look forward to have the pleasure of hosting you back in the near future.

Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

We've stayed at three of these Secrets/Dreams resorts, and this may be the best of the lot. The restaurant dinners, for instance, are splendid: fish is perfectly cooked, various cuisines from Italian to Japanese are accurately presented, the themed restaurants are quiet with excellent service. The beach is beautiful and the water both clear and warm; and if the surf is too much, the hotel pools are lovely. And all of this is part of the package price.
On the other hand, the breakfast and lunch offerings are frequently not replenished and the Market Cafe lineups are annoying. On check-in, you'll have to sit through a long presentation on various "discounts" on mostly overpriced spa services.
The resort is essentially a glass highrise plunked onto a relatively small beach lot. Secrets does a great deal with this small footprint, but most resorts here have more space to work with. The preferred floors are worth the extra price both for view and access to the 12th floor pool and 21st floor snacks.

Room Tip: If quiet matters, do not take a room on the south side of the hotel; the Hard Rock Cafe is noisy unt...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
SecretsTheVine, Social Media Coordinator at Secrets The Vine Cancun Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Dear Travelguy040,

Thank you for taking the time to write and share your recent experience at our resort.

We regret to read that we have not fulfilled all your expectations during your visit. Please be certain that the aspects you have raised are under close revision.

On the other hand we are glad to read that you enjoyed our fine dining restaurants, the presentation of the platters, our remarkable service and our pool area.

Once again, we thank you for taking the time to share your overview with us and sincerely hope we have the opportunity of being your hosts one more time in the future.

Sincerely yours,

BC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

I booked this place based on all of the positive reviews on tripadvisor! I am completely dumbfounded as to how this resort is getting incredible feedback! I had mainly negative experiences at this resort but I will also highlight the positive aspects of this resort to be fair. On my first day there, my husband, younger sister, and I saw a couple having full on sex on the beach at 10:00 pm! I have no idea where security was at this time but it was utterly disgusting to see this happen at a 5 star resort. The next day, I saw a topless woman from another resort swimming at the Secrets beach section and once again security did not stop anything. My sister's expensive ring was also stolen on the second day there. What a great way to begin my 10 day vacation, hooray!!! Let's not forget the third day, my husband was asked not to smoke outside even though he was in the designated smoking zone. He apologized and went to a different area. That same evening we saw a couple smoking inside the building where the Vine lounge Bar is located and none of the bartenders or other workers that walked past that couple did anything to stop them. I am not sure how or when they decide the smoking rule should take effect or they just randomly single out people based on the flavour of the day.

Food: The food that they served in the "Market Cafe" for breakfast and lunch was good, they serve it buffet style. The "Dragons" restaurant was my favourite followed by the "Blue Water Grill." The other restaurants where okay but nothing special and the food was bland. The coffee bar was a nice touch.

Service: Most of the employees at this resort are polite and do there job. There was a gentlemen on our floor named Andres Santiago who took care of our problems when we needed something. There are some perverted waiters at this resort, most of them were working at the "Market Cafe" during our stay. I think that is the big "SECRET" at this place! I stayed at the Excellence Riveria Cancun last year and did not experience any kind of behaviour from employees as I did at my stay in the Secrets resort.

The beach is nice and there are a lot of beds, plenty of towels, and bars near the beach. One highlight about this resort is the "Sports Bar." I forgot the waiters name, it was not Noberto but the other bartender working with him, he was very kind and always quick to serve us whenever we went there. I hope they hire more people like him instead of the perverts that I had to deal with. The gym was great, beautiful view and good eqiupment.

Would I go back to this resort, definitely NOT. Would I recommend this place, HECK NO! During my stay there I met so many people at this resort that were complaining that their personal belongings were stolen, my sister being one of them! If you want to be violated, robbed, or disgusted then please visit this resort, waste your money, it's your life!

Room Tip: The Sandos side of this resort is very noisy because of the AC system. Ask to stay on the Hard Rock...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
SecretsTheVine, Social Media Coordinator at Secrets The Vine Cancun Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear TNK29,

We are saddened to read about your review, we would like to kindly mention that attention and service are our priority.

We would like to give you a more personalized follow-up, accordingly we would like to kindly ask you to please contact us at your convenience via email at info.sevcu@secretsresorts.com we appreciate your preference and you valuable comments.

We look forward to read from you.

Sincerely yours,

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Just returned from our 7nts girls trip to Cancun and suffering from serious holiday blues. Secrets the vine is a truly exceptional hotel, one with very high standards and impeccable taste. This review is a testament to how in love I am with this hotel as its the first review I have ever written. From the first moment we entered the hotel I realised this was something very special. The hotel itself is very beautiful, modern and clean, the food is amazing but what makes its a true jewel is the staff. nothing was ever to much trouble and they go out of their way to make everything so perfect be that bringing you cookies at 3am (Daniel), welcoming you back after a long day, bringing you drinks by the pool and always so attentive at the breakfast service. Special thank you goes out to Victor and Sunday who are part of the entertainment team, you made our last night in Cancun a truly unforgettable one.

Room Tip: Higher up the better views, however im sure every room has amazing views.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Satty1032,

We appreciate you have taken the time to share such an enthusiastic review about your recent visit to Secrets The Vine Cancun. We are overjoyed to read that you have enjoyed your stay, specially the attentive service of our staff.

We would like to thank you for also following us on Facebook. Your feedback has been shared to the team as a motivation to keep up our work.

We would certainly be glad to have you back for another round of a wonderful stay. Please feel confident to reach us prior your next visit at info.sevcu@secretsresorts.com if you need assistance prior arrival.

We look forward to have you back at Secrets The Vine Cancun, your home in the Mexican Caribbean.

Bournemouth, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

where do i start. This hotel surpassed our every expectations. The luxury of the hotel the moment you walk through the door. You are greeted by the most friendly and helpful staff, check in was quick and our room was ready before the time suggested. The bellboy showed us to our room which i can only use one wrd to describe "WOW". spacious rooms all with sea views, balcony is very big. There are several resturants in the hotel and we tried every single one each different and amazing fine dining. you are waited on every moment and never left thirsty. i would definately suggest eating at Olio and Red Dragon and the italian one the food is absolutely amazing. if your just after a quick fix of a burgers or hotdogs then try the Barefoot Grill. On to the Beach, this amazing spent everyday there when we wasnt on excursions. there are plenty of sunloungers and no need to save or worry that you wont get one. you get drinks brought to you by the beach bar, Oliver is a favourite very friendly. there are clean towels around the pools and the beach. the nightly entertainment was great. Your room minibar was restocked regulary, the spa looked just as amazing but didnt get to us it. There is a coffee bar in lobby with a range of snacks and coffees all hours of the day. i would definately be recommending this hotel, i have nothing to complain about it is 5* at its finest. so glad we picked this hotel and will definately be going back in the future.

Room Tip: all rooms have views of the ocean and some even have views of ocean and lagoon. any room here would...
Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Every Great review you read, is beyond true. From the moment you walk through the doors this hotel will take your breath away. We are not vacation repeater's, but we will be back. The beach is beautiful, it's a public beach, but it is so large and the sand is pure white it's amazing. Clean and just very beautifully kept. Food was amazing so many choices to please everyone. Hotel staff truly care about making you feel welcome. They go above and beyond. Cleanliness is best I have seen in any resort. Most 5 star resorts usually say 5 star and then you feel they are not, this place truly is! Coffee bar, nice touch. Always nice to get a great gourmet coffee anytime you want one all inclusive. Pharmacy across the street. Nice! you never need to leave the resort for anything. Gym is fantastic. Best gym in any hotel i have ever visited. Not one bad thing to say about this place at all. Anyone who complains, is just too hard to please. Really... Love, Love, Love this place!!!!

Room Tip: Dont waste your time booking preferred, people we met did, and said it was not worth it. Hotel giv...
Dear Pam G,

We would like to thank you for selecting our resort as your host on your recent gateway to our destination. It was a pleasure receiving you and we appreciate that you have taken the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor.

We are very happy to read that your stay was amazing, and that you were highly satisfied with our attentive service, food selection, facilities, the beautiful white sand beach, our oceanfront gym and that you also enjoyed of our delicious The Vine Café.

Once again, we thank you for taking the time to share such a wonderful review of your experience at Secrets The Vine Cancún, we would love to welcome you back again.

Warmest regards from your home in paradise,

Tel:(52) 998 8489400

Been to Secrets The Vine Cancun Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!