“Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Secrets The Vine Cancun Resort & Spa

You added Secrets The Vine Cancun Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Secrets The Vine Cancun Resort & Spa
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Boulevard Kukulcan Km 14.5 Mza.13 Retorno del Rey Lote 38 & 38B, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Summer Savings up 40%
Ranked #4 of 178 Hotels in Cancun
Wellington, Florida
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Lord have mercy! I totally love this place. It's an all inclusive resort spa and when the say all inclusive they mean it. The food is delicious, the quality of the drinks excellent. The facility is gorgeous actually smell like heaven in there. There are two high end restaurants, a Chinese restaurant a market cafe a pool bar and grill and a poolside restaurant serving Peruvian, Mexican, Italian...so delicious. Enough pools and pool chairs, cabanas and seating for everyone. The beach is gorgeous and they also have a beach bar. The junior suites are huge, intelligent lighting, butler service and all the amenities you need. We went there for a wedding and I must say it was the most beautiful wedding, reception had mariachis. I can go on, it's worth it. One thing, no kids - ole!

Room Tip: Ask for full ocean view. There's also a pool view with the ocean to one side and the lagoon to t...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,406)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Massapequa, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

My wife and I just returned from a beautiful 10 day vacation in Cancun. It was one of the most beautiful places we've ever visited on our travels. It is a place that offers natural beauty, breathtaking views, pure relaxation, modern day luxuries. and a culture that's rich with history, We stayed at Secrets the Vine and we were members of the preferred club. It is a hotel that is absolutely stunning with a cosmopolitan feel and has an abundance of amenities and a staff that is eager to please.When we arrived, we were immediately greeted with warm towels and a glass of cool champagne which was well deserved after a long flight and by a lovely and knowledgeable greeter whom I unfortunately forgot his name but brought us to the 21st floor where the preferred club private check in was. As I said before we were part of the preferred club in which we had butler service included in our booking. Now, with that said, I completely understand that on vacation you do not want someone constantly breathing down your neck as you are away to relax but when the butler is non-existent, that’s what I call a problem as was our butler Alejandro which I must admit put a very bad taste in our mouths as we have never experienced such neglect before on a trip as we travel often to various places around the world; therefoe we are very well versed in this. My wife and I were celebrating our 5 year anniversary which was the reason for this beautiful trip. When we had gotten to the preferred club check in we had kindly asked if it was possible to get any sort of upgrade due to it being our anniversary and being very excited to be in Mexico which we had never been together before, at a gorgeous hotel like this in Cancun and after having seen superb reviews on it. We completely understand that this is at the hotels discretion and we were not expecting them to say “oh yes, we have a presidential suite for you” but I did not expect the blunt answer we got of “there is nothing available besides a master suite for which we do not give free
so you would have to spend an extra $300 a night” and when we had said no, unfortunately we will have to decline as that is very costly. They did not seem to happy with our declination so they proceeded with, there is nothing else we can do so you will stay where you had booked. Maybe a nice, seeing that you are here for the next 10 days, if something opens up for which we could give you an upgrade and that you are pleased with, we will let you know…well, clearly that was too much for them so we obviously stayed in the room which we booked for 10 days. It was spacious, impeccably cleaned and maintained, had great views from our high floor balcony as there was nothing like waking up and sipping your cup of morning coffee whilst enjoying the tropical breeze and seeing/hearing the waves crash on the sand while also enjoying a lagoon view on the other side as well, but still I feel that a kind gesture on their part or keeping us in mind wouldn’t have hurt them especially since the hotel was only at 50%-60% occupancy for our entire stay. Plus from a business perspective, it is called client retention and it will leave guests spreading good words on all ends of the hotel to their friends and family when they come home but I guess that is unimportant to them. Once our butler walked us to our room, he asked us if were celebrating something special so we said, “yes our 5 year anniversary” clearly when he asked we were hoping that maybe we’d have a little surprise on that day. He had put a Happy Anniversary banner on our door and that was the last per say we saw of him meaning if he saw us, he never really said hello and if he did it was a cold hello, not ever asking, how’s your stay, do you need anything from me, NOTHING!!!. Once we had happened to see him by the preferred pool and I had asked him about the restaurants such as when is a good time to go and how long is the wait usually as they do not take reservations, what’s closed on what days etc and he responded to us in a very demeaning way as if we were beneath him and was forced to speak with us. Don’t get me wrong, I know everyone is busy but two things, we do not need any favors from anyone and secondly if you want to be successful in this industry you must be personable and eager to please otherwise, it is not for you and that looks seems to have been the case for him although he probably thought he was doing 100% right by all. Going back to the day if our anniversary, NOTHING!!! was done for us! Not even a glass of champagne in our room, forget a cake or a special table at a restaurant at the hotel, that’s the what it’s done there I guess and our butler just didn’t care. They also put a sheet under everyone’s door in the morning that stating what restaurants were offering, special promotions and who’s birthday, anniversary or honeymoon it was and low and behold, on the day of our anniversary, our name was NOT!!! There and we were very upset. We called the concierge to correct this which they did for us, so we can have a copy of this to bring back home as a remembrance but we were not on the original distribution like everyone else. Note to all, we were on the 21st floor, it was very noisy as a preferred club lounge is there and people are slamming doors and speaking loudly up and down the halls all night. I do not know if this is typical throughout the hotel but this was the case for us. There is no noise isolation. I must admit that we were disappointed because out of all the places we have ever visited, it wasn’t’ like that but it is what it is and it’s over. I just urge you to please go in there expecting that you will get what you paid for but NOTHING MORE. In regards to the hotel itself, it is absolutely gorgeous, impeccably clean, modern, the most gorgeous pools I’ve ever seen, ocean was as blue as the sky with powdery white sand. The staff for the most part was very nice, I can’t complain but it’s a tight run ship so don’t expect them to be all bubbly and overly friendly as I feel that that is not what the hotel wants to perceive but rather as a luxurious, cosmopolitan, with a semi stuffy atmosphere. My wife and I are big tippers as this is the way were raised our whole life especially here in New York as we feel everyone works hard for a living and a job well done should be rewarded so with that said, there was never a day that we had breakfast or someone laid out a towel down for us by the pool/beach that we didn’t give them something. We had lunch by the preferred pool a couple times and it was very tasty, lots of finger food such as quesadillas, nachos, burgers, tuna sandwich etc and they has delicious and refreshing top shelf drinks with a very pleasant wait staff. Many thanks go out to Alberto, Blanca, Shelly and a couple other for which I unfortunately forgot their names. They have 5 ala carte restaurants on the property and one buffet which was great for breakfast but also open for lunch and dinner with a large variety of both American and Mexican fare and great ala carte omelets, crepes with whatever you could imagine inside, my favorite being with Nutella and Bananas. Thanks to Maria for making 2 of them for me every morning as I miss them now. For dinner there was Olio Mediterranean, Nebiolo Italian, Dragons Asian Fusion, Sea Salt Grille which was open for both lunch and dinner and Blue Water Grille Steak. Our 2 favorites being Nebiolo and the Blue Water Grille which we went to both 3 times each. Sea Salt was good, if you are a fish lover and good for lunch as well as they have a pretty good variety. We had went there one night for dinner and a couple times for lunch as it was by the pools and it was especially convenient when it rained every day around 2pm for an hour or so and you could be enjoying your lunch in a covered area and not have to run across the slippery wet walk way and break your neck trying to run to your room. Olio we also went to one night but did not return a second time as we felt the food was very bland and didn’t warrant us to go back a second time but if you are a lamb stew lover or shwarma, you might like it. I must say that we are a bit spoiled as we come from New York City, are very well versed in fine cuisine and have any type of cuisine at our fingertips from the crème della crème fine dining to street food that is sensational so it unfortunately didn’t taste anything remotely similar to what we are accustomed to and we do enjoy Mediterranean food.
As I previously stated, Nebiolo and Blue Water were our favorite. Nebiolo offered these small croissant type rolls on the table stuffed with a cheese that I swear I could sit and eat the whole basket myself and they also had a table where you could make your own dish of antipasto such as Prosciutto di Parma, Olives, Italian cheeses and other delicacies which were very delicious. In regards to the menu, it was absolutely delicious. Between the 3 nights that we had went there we had a fresh and delicious seafood salad appetizer, lobster filled ravioli, seafood risotto, succulent lamb chops, tender and tasty veal ossobucco with delicious Italian wine to accompany our meals as well as melt in your mouth chocolate mousse, tiramisu and coconut ice cream for dessert, Mmmmm…At Blue water, I must admit that they had the best empanadas for appetizer I think I’ve ever had. We had them each time, in chicken, beef and vegetable with Chicken being our favorite. In regards to their steaks, we were highly impressed. They had a variety such as T-bone steak, New York Strip, Prime Rib and Veal Chop. One night we had the T-bone which was very tender and tasty and we would recommend it but the other 2 nights, we both had the veal chop and it literally melted in our mouth as it was so tender, juicy and tasty that we ate 2 and of course between that, the creamed spinach and mashed potato side dishes and heavenly desserts of black and white mousse tart, cheesecake and tiramisu and a couple of refreshing tropical cocktails you could have rolled us to out room after that. I would like to send a special thanks and lots of love out to Saul and Miguel from Nebiolo and Aaron from Blue Water who always made us feel at home, being completely attentive to our taste, always eager to please and always welcomed us like family and three of the most professional people in their own respects that we’ve ever seen that I am confident that if they were ever to go to work in another fine dining restaurant anywhere in the world, they would succeed and be rewarded with flying colors. At each of the restaurants, they had done something that almost brought us to tears. At Nebiolo Saul was so grateful that we came to see him on our last night and came to us and said, we have something special for you and we hope you like it as we want to show your our thanks for coming to visit us and look forward to hosting you again. They knew we were coming that day and saved us a spacious and romantic beautifully decorated table in the corner and offered a delicious Italian wine that is not offered to all and gave us a custom made dessert with the words “Thank you Mr. & Mrs, see you soon” written on it. At the Blue Water Grille, Aaron was so excited that we came to see him again before we left and also made a special anniversary table for us offering the best of everything with a beautiful dessert ending with heartfelt wishes of “Thank you Mr. & Mrs., have a safe trip”. Now for the final topic, the entertainment, you never remained unentertained. There was always something going on and something for everyone, Between the daily water aerobics, pool and beach volleyball which we played every day and was our favorite, having created a great team of Ireland vs. USA, Bingo, cooking lessons, the infamous newlywed game which was highly entertaining, it was always a great time. Sending much love, thanks and props to Winnie the Pooh, the best entertainer out there. He always remembered the guests by name and always kept your interest in mind and welcomed you and urged you to always join in the activities they had to offer. All in all, we had an amazing vacation and would definitely return to Cancun and Secrets the Vine. Keep doing what you are doing and success will follow for years to come. Lastly, for all of you whom I unintentionally forgot to mention due to forgetting some of your names but remembering your beautiful smiles and kindness, please forgive me. We thank you for making our stay special and we look forward to seeing you all again soon. Ciao! for now and I hope this helped all of you who are planning to vacation in Cancun and at Secrets the Vine, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I had a great time during my stay at this 5 star resort.I originally came to Cancun with intentions of staying at another hotel but once I was shown the Secrets the Vine in Cancun I immediately checked out of my hotel and checked into Secrets. The service was great and the staff was always checking on us to make sure things were fine, they even remember your name and greet you by it everyday. I truly enjoyed this vacation and plan on frequenting the secrets line of resorts. If you go there PLEASE ask for MARCELO, he was great to us....You can find him in the resteraunt downstairs and he will make sure you are well taken care of.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Great place to stay. Great food as well! Kelly at berwick travel did an excellent job setting us up with all the right accommodations! I recommend staying above the 21st floor so that you have access to the extra pool (infinity pool). Definitely worth the small increase in price! Asian restaurant and the Italian were the two best. Great drinks all around!

• Stayed October 2013
Lady Lake, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I am going to be completely honest about Secrets The Vine. THIS PLACE IS AMAZING!! I have traveled and know good food and good vibes, this place had it all. If you can find something to complain about here, you can not be happy anywhere and you seriously need to check yourself. Cant wait to go back!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Ocean City, NJ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Attended a destination wedding there in June. Staff was inattentive and poorly supervised. Slipped & fell in a huge puddle on the floor at the wedding reception to which the staff had not attended while they were clearing the tables. Wound up in a Mexican hospital. Hotel refused to authorize payment for evaluation & treatment although I was removed by wheelchair from the wedding & sent to the hospital on the recommendation of their doctor. Saw another man slip & fall near the pool the next day. His head was split open & bleeding. Saw staff riding laundry carts on wheels (that were meant to be pushed) up the hallway that the guests use for game room access. Turn down service did not happen on 2 of 4 nights there. Very long waits for resturant dining, if you could even get in. Very long wait for service once seated. Portions too tiny to satisfy. Men without long pants turned away. Still suffering from my fall. Don't go there unless you are prepared to take care of yourself as an injury is very likely to occur. Plan to arrange your evening around the hotel's dining reservation availability. Access is very limited. You will not be able to do anything else in the evening as waiting, getting seated, and getting served will consume your evening.

Room Tip: Corner suites are very good.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
SecretsTheVine, Social Media Coordinator at Secrets The Vine Cancun Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear ssw529,

We are saddened to read about your review, we would like to kindly mention that attention and service is our priority.

We would like to give you a more personalized follow-up, accordingly we would like to kindly ask you to please contact us via email at info.sevcu@secretsresorts.com we appreciate your preference and you valuable comments.

We look forward to read from you.

Sincerely yours,

Zuleica Ávila
Social Media Coordinator
Tel:(52) 998 8489400
Chula Vista, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Secrets The Vine in June 2013 for 1 week. We went with another couple to celebrate a 40th Birthday. We live in San Diego and did a ton of research before choosing this hotel. The enitre expereince from the aiport shuttle we arranged prior to the very end was amazing. The hotel is beautiful, modern, fresh and immaculate. The standard rooms were to die for and our friends stayed in the mini suite and it was also stunning. The food was delicious and portions small, which we didn't mind. We never left the hotel to venture out in Cancun because we always had something to do there. Whether it was lounging at the pool every day, walking on the beach, renting jet skiis, dancing at the lounge or watching a sports game at the upstairs bar.

The entertainment staff at the pool each day was SO much fun and got everyone having such a fun time. I leaned to salsa and the guys enjoyed volleyball tournaments each day on the beach. BETHANY was soooo amazing and sweet. All of the staff (too many to mention) were unbelievably helpful and friendly always.

You will not be disappointed if you're looking for a beautiful place to stay and relax at. It's not a party hotel or a place to meet singles, but still fun if you like to drink like we do. We will be going back next summer.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Secrets The Vine Cancun Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!